Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

[ig]http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/mskyf4.jpg[/img]

I think we will use the black outer part, because it fits to INQ's NVGs (BI-goggles)

but we won't use this clear view !!! It isn't realistic and DXDLL won't work with it.

but everyone can get this clear view... some sky packs have them implemented... 5 textures calles night_sum1-5 or something.

benus

ever looked won a pair of binocs before? unless you have fairly wide eyes it looks like one circle, not two separate ones. I have never looked inside NVGs before, but I don't think it would look like that.

Quite right! It irritates me why many pc games try to show a bino view as two joined circles! Unless you have double vision or some other synchronisation problem with your eyesight then looking through a pair of binoculars will give you just ONE circle of vision!  tounge2.gif

I have several pairs of binos and use them quite frequently, it's the same view you get when looking through a sniper sight only larger and in 3D of course! I know you can't implement the 3D but a single large circle would be much more accurate.  whistle.gif

However, I think TB has already done the bino views, unless of course he would like to make some further adjustments!  wink_o.gif

Hi,

The current NVG view we included uses the 'Mono' view system which in my judgement, looks quite realistic and fits very well with (Both systems [bI/Mono]) night vision goggles.

Quote[/b] ]One issue is that when you fire to some human player if you fire fast some bullets on him, on the fraction of time he is dying the screen message reports this guy killed 2 or 3 times by the same guy.

This sounds more to be a 'ping' problem than a classical bug.

Quote[/b] ]However I have had some troubles installing the new T-80 pack as well.

The incoming FFUR 2006 will be using the fixed version of RHS T-80UM (Thanks to Kenji), btw, get a look at the list below of model changes and additions. :-)

Quote[/b] ]Want to thank you for your excellent MOD . We are looking forward for FFUR 2006.

You are the welcome, just make sure you won't use the mp config for your dedicated server, just keep the use of the classical one that would be included by default.

The MP config (Replaces Only weapons, soldiers and some effects) that would be available is especially intended to players, and it can be used in any server as long as it's an Operation Flashpoint Resistance Server.

smile_o.gif

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Btw, As usual, in the few days that precede an important release, here's a detailed list of the FFUR 2006 Features. (available in the FFUR 2006 'readme' too.)

Interface Improvements

[*]New custom GUI for the main screen.

[*]New Mission editor interface.

[*]New Briefing book.

[*]New Computer.

[*]New Pictures for all weapons.

[*]New Information available for all weapons based on FAS.org/world.guns.ru data.

[*]New Compass.

[*]New Map design.

Visual Effects Improvements:

[*]Tank Effects

· A Tank’s machine guns now use very realistic tracers which help to improve the gameplay through making missions more immersive. Each side has its own NATO colour.

· The new tank explosion has debris, bellowing smoke, flames, and for heavy tanks, turrets blow off. Our tests show that we can blow up several tanks at once and still incur no lag whatsoever.

· Tank shells have yellow/white flashes when being fired like in real life.

· APCs (Armoured Personnel Carriers) have their own seperate explosion scripts: a special splash effect if it’s in water, and a “traditional†explosion effect if it’s on land.

· Anti-Air units such as the Shilka and Vulcan use very authentic tracers.

· Realistic smoke for machine guns after periods of prolonged fire.

[*]Vehicle Effects

· Fuel trucks have more realistic and impressive explosions than before. Huge flames, flying debris and other effects can be seen due to the large amount of ammunition and petrol onboard.

· Civilian/military cars and trucks have flames once exploded which can burn you if you go near them. In addition, they produce a which smoke from the shockwave due to the impact.

[*]Helicopter Effects

· Helicopters now have a very impressive rotor failure effect - it produces black smoke and huge flames while falling to the ground, simultaneously twisting uncontrollably in the air.

· Dust on the ground and water in the sea is affected when helicopters fly low. You can see waves and ripples formed while hovering.

· Helicopters produce shockwaves when they hit the ground or sea.

· Helicopters’ rockets produce smoke and sparks upon launch.

· Realistic cannon smoke.

[*]Plane effects

· Ejection sequence added for jet fighters, so when a plane is damaged the pilot is able to eject using their seat, with the parachute opening once clear of the aircraft.

· Planes create trails of white cloud behind them like Jet Liners.

· Upon explosion a plane will send more than 100 fragments of debris in any direction, and then burst into intense flames.

· You are given warning messages when coming under attack from enemy fire.

· Waves are created when jets fly very low over the sea.

· Jet planes can launch flares to evade enemy missile fire.

· Realistic cannon smoke.

[*]Soldier Effects

· Realistic blood effect

· Realistic grenades, along with unique timings and explosions for each side.

· Realistic tracers from light machine guns based on NATO data.

· Realistic rocket impacts based on flashes, flames and huge smoke.

· Realistic smoke from firearms and realistic back blast from rocket launchers.

Realism Enhancements:

[*]Realistic and authentic weapons copied from real-life.

[*]Realistic Ammunitions values based on n actual military information and on the WGL Mod experience.

[*]Realistic Recoils based on Real-Life experience of the actual weapons provided by experienced military personnel.

[*]Realistic Firing Modes: for example : the MP5 has 3 firing modes and the AK74 or the AK47 have 2 firing modes, just like the real weapons.

[*]Realistic Tracers different for each tank based on NATO data.

[*]Realistic Sights for gunners and commanders based on real ones.

[*]US BlackOps units carry Binoculars and P228.

[*]US Crews and Pilots carry Handguns.

[*]US Soldiers carry the M67 grenade.

[*]US Snipers and Special Forces are able to treat wounds.

[*]Russian RPG soldiers carry an AK74u

[*]Russian Spetznatz units carry an AK74PSO-1 or a Vss Vintorez.

[*]Russian Spetznatz units carry a Handgun and Binoculars

[*]Russian Pilots and crews have Handguns.

[*]Russian Soldiers carry the RGO grenade.

[*]Realistic aiming capability for all soldiers.

[*]10 meter spacing between each soldier in a squad - no more taking out an entire squad with a single grenade.

Gameplay Improvements:

[*]AI able to engage enemy units at more than 400 meters.

[*]AI hears and sees better to varying degrees, Specops and Snipers have higher settings.

[*]AI intelligently uses 3 firing modes: Single Shot from 500 meters, Burst Fire from 300 meters and Full Auto mode from 100 meters.

[*]AI is more aggressive and more tactically aware.

[*]AI understands when to press home a tactical advantage, and when to pull back.

[*]AI sometimes panics.

[*]New realistic sounds for all weapons , vehicles, aircrafts and explosions.

[*]New Music based on patriotic music samples oand war movie samples

[*]New Animations for all soldiers. Based on the so popular DMA NextGen animations.

[*]DMA Standing and Crouching lean actions implemented, together with rolling while prone.

Model Additions:

[*]US SIDE

· Added ACU Soldiers/Crews/Pilots/Special Forces

· Added M82 Barett

· Added M240

· Added M1911

· Added P228

[*]RUSSIAN SIDE

· Added OSV-96

· Added GSH-18

· Added Makarov PM

· Added Su-27 Flanker

[*]RESISTANCE SIDE

· Added Soldier with G3

· Added Soldier with Fal

Model Changes:

[*]US SIDE

· US Soldiers -> FFUR/hyk BDU/ACU Soldiers

· US Blackops -> Bambi Blackops

· US pilots -> LSR/FFUR Army Pilots

· M16 -> SJB M16A2

· HK -> SJB M4 SD Acog

· G36 -> InQ G36

· Steyr Aug -> win$e F-88

· G3 -> NorFor G-3

· M4 -> SJB M4 Aimpoint

· M16M203 -> SJB M16A2M203

· M60 -> BOH M249

· M21 -> SJB Woodland M24

· Law -> Laser AT4 (M136 -> US Version)

· Carl Gustav -> Earl & Such Javelin

· M2 -> BOH M2

· Beretta -> SJB Beretta

· Glock 17 -> SJB Glock 18

· Satchel -> C4

· Mines -> Spetznatz Mod US Mines

· Handgrenade -> US M67

· M113 -> CBT M113A3

· M1A1 -> FFUR/HEP M1A2

· M60A1 -> Sigma M60A3

· M2A2 -> CBT M2A2A3

· M163 -> INQ M163

· M998 -> CBT M1098

· Trucks 5T Support/Fuel/ammunitions -> CBT Hemmts

· Trucks 5T Transport soldiers -> [iEF] Mp 5T Trucks

· Jeep -> CBT Hmmwv Open

· JeepMG -> CBT Hmmwv Open with M2

· Hmmwv -> Hmmwv troops

· Ah-1 -> Vit AH-1w

· Ah-64 -> Hfk AH-64D

· UH-60 (mg/ffar) -> CSLA UH-60 (s)

· A-10 -> Diesel A-10

· A-10 LGB -> Footmunch F-16

· LST -> LSD

[*]RUSSIAN SIDE

· Ru Soldiers -> RHS Russian Motorized Infantry

· Ru Spetznatz -> RHS GRU Spetznatz Units

· Ru Pilots -> OW Russian pilots

· Ak74 -> RHS AK74M

· AK74GP15 -> RHS AK74GP25

· Ak74su -> ORCS AK-74u

· PK -> CSLA PK

· SVD -> CSLA SVD

· RPG -> ORCS RPG-7V

· AT-4 -> ORCS RPG-29

· M2east -> AKM74 Kord

· Tokarev -> ORCS Makarov

· Bizon -> ORCS VSS Vintorez

· Satchel -> C4

· Mines -> Spetznatz Mod Russian mines

· Handgrenade -> Ru RGO

· BMP-1 -> CSLA BMP-2

· BMP-2 -> AKM74 BMP-3

· BRDM -> AKM74 BTR-80

· T-72 -> ORCS T-72BV

· T-80 -> RHS T-80UM

· Shilka -> ORCS Shilka

· Ural Transport soldiers -> Spetznatz Mod Ural

· UAZ -> CSLA UAZ

· Support Urals -> Spetznatz Mod Support Urals (Repair , ammo and fuel)

· Mi-17 -> OWP Mi-17

· Mi-24 -> CSLA Mi-24

· V-80 -> Evgeni Kamov

· Su-25 -> TomiD Su-39

[*]RESISTANCE SIDE

· Re Soldiers -> Williec Resistance soldiers

· AK47 -> RHS AKM

· AK47GP15 -> RHS AKMGP25

· PK -> ORCS PK

· RPG -> ORCS RPG-7

· BMP-1 -> CSLA Camo BMP-1

· Uaz -> CSLA Gaz-169

· Truck -> CSLA FIA Truck

[*]CIVILIAN SIDE

· Civilians -> Mig/Edge/Peepers Civilian Men

· Cars -> Vilas/Sigma Cars

General Improvements:

[*]All addons have been decompressed to further reduce lag and framerate difficulties.

[*]Only relevant and required P3D models and textures have been retained for the FFUR mod.

However, in order to avoid experiencing problems during online play, the Multiplayer config which will be available will only replace soldiers, firearms, and some of the effects.

There would be also 2 additionnal packs which are recommended for this conversion (Sky & Island).

Several screenshots will be available very soon.

Stay tuned.

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

That all sounds fantastic, can`t wait to play with this stuff. notworthy.gif

TB,

This list just causes me to DROOL!

And it sounds like you'll have this up and ready for downloading by the end of the week, so my "download" finger is finally starting to get itchy. wink_o.gif

I have no doubts that this will be a very satisfactory playing experience. No doubts at all.

And I just wanted to add that Benus' ironsights are real works of art. Very professional looking, to say the least.

Yours,

Kyle

March 5, 2006

smile_o.gif

Sounds very good thumbs-up.gif

Could you elaborate what the difference between standard and MP versions are please? huh.gif

Just a quick question - are the resistance units the same ones as the last packs or are they the new Wiliec 'Euro' units?

Thanks for the encouragements and the kind words. :-)

Quote[/b] ]Could you elaborate what the difference between standard and MP versions are please?

There are several differences between both in order to avoid experiencing problems during online play.

[*]The MP config includes the following effects only:

· Tanks and APC explosions.

· Some flashes and tanks muzzle flashes.

· Firearms smoke.

· Cars and trucks explosions.

[*]A few replacements only:

· US soldiers /Russian soldiers/ Resistance men.

· Weapons sounds.

· Some firearms and some rocket launchers as well.

-> [M16/ M4/ M24/ M249/ Law/ Ak47/ Ak74/ Ak74su/ Sa58/ SVD/ Pk/ RPG]

And the FFUR 2006 Default config (or Single config) will be using all the features reported in the previous post above.

Quote[/b] ]are the resistance units the same ones as the last packs or are they the new Wiliec 'Euro' units?

-> · Re Soldiers -> Williec Resistance soldiers

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

TB , don't forget to add enough ammo for those bad aiming soldiers like me ! jajajaja pistols.gifpistols.gif

the words are ...can't wait ! inlove.gif

Thanks for the encouragements and the kind words. :-)
Quote[/b] ]Could you elaborate what the difference between standard and MP versions are please?

There are several differences between both in order to avoid experiencing problems during online play.

[*]The MP config includes the following effects only:

· Tanks and APC explosions.

· Some flashes and tanks muzzle flashes.

· Firearms smoke.

· Cars and trucks explosions.

[*]A few replacements only:

· US soldiers /Russian soldiers/ Resistance men.

· Weapons sounds.

· Some firearms and some rocket launchers as well.

-> [M16/ M4/ M24/ M249/ Law/ Ak47/ Ak74/ Ak74su/ Sa58/ SVD/ Pk/ RPG]

And the FFUR 2006 Default config (or Single config) will be using all the features reported in the previous post above.

Quote[/b] ]are the resistance units the same ones as the last packs or are they the new Wiliec 'Euro' units?

-> · Re Soldiers -> Williec Resistance soldiers

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Oh... No... sad_o.gifconfused_o.gif

So the MP config will not replace vehicles? huh.gif

This is terrible news for my squad and I sad_o.gif

That's an impressive list TB! - Sounds like you've been incredibly busy!  wow_o.gif

I think you're gonna need some of this -  goodnight.gif  !!

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Btw, As usual, in the few days that precede an important release, here's a detailed list of the FFUR 2006 Features. (available in the FFUR 2006 'readme' too.)

just days. that's cool.

When that FFUR 2006 is released, I believe it will surpass Armed Assault even before its own release.

notworthy.gif Thunderbird notworthy.gif

When that FFUR 2006 is released, I believe it will surpass Armed Assault even before its own release.

notworthy.gif Thunderbird notworthy.gif

right .....  confused_o.gif  rofl.gif

I have to disagree there.

no disrespect intended TB. inlove.gif  

I love ur mod, but I cant see how it is any better than Armed Assault. Lets just say ... it have similar quality to AA.  

IMHO, between themselves, the ECP team and the FFUR team combine to make (no, not Captain Planet) something quite close to AA quality. Especially when you consider what Flashpoint looked like in the beginning, and what it looks like now... whew! Someone should make a video of it.

Anyway, if the release is in a coupla days, I imagine the only thing left for the FFUR team to do is upload it. Can't wait!

107028.jpg

rofl.gif

Can't wait for the release guys!

Take a break or something after the release, you have earned it!

Quote[/b] ]right .....

I have to disagree there.

no disrespect intended TB.

It's not Thunderbird saying this stuff. Its you guys.

Nothing better to do?

Oh... No...  sad_o.gif  confused_o.gif

So the MP config will not replace vehicles?  huh.gif  

This is terrible news for my squad and I  sad_o.gif

You do not have to worry Shashman, Thunderbird already clarified this issue.

for our dedicated server we use the clasic FFUR 2006 configuration that includes all the effects and vehicles

Thunderbird84 said

Quote[/b] ]You are the welcome, just make sure you won't use the mp config for your dedicated server, just keep the use of the classical one that would be included by default.

The MP config (Replaces Only weapons, soldiers and some effects) that would be available is especially intended to players, and it can be used in any server as long as it's an Operation Flashpoint Resistance Server.

So we will use the clasical config on SWAF server.

The way I understood is that the MP config is to allow you to play in servers with that FFUR file even if you do not have FFUR installed or vice versa that is allow gameplay btw FFUR and non FFUR players.

SWAF will go for full FFUR 2006 yay.gif

Hi,

The current NVG view we included uses the 'Mono' view system which in my judgement, looks quite realistic and fits very well with (Both systems [bI/Mono]) night vision goggles.

Quote[/b] ]One issue is that when you fire to some human player if you fire fast some bullets on him, on the fraction of time he is dying the screen message reports this guy killed 2 or 3 times by the same guy.

About the been killed 2-3 times, it ins't a ping issue everyone had this bug in FFUR2005. When your health bar is nearly empty you are reported killed in the chat dialog but then agian you stay alive for a couple more sec for the enemy to hit you.

Hi,

About the been killed 2-3 times, it ins't a ping issue everyone had this bug in FFUR2005. When your health bar is nearly empty you are reported killed in the chat dialog but then agian you stay alive for a couple more sec for the enemy to hit you.

Yup, weird...

We didn't have high pings (rarely over 50ms) so it's not a ping-related issue

myabe its been fixed somehow smile_o.gif i cant wait it all sounds soo exciting, never been so excited since erm ECP release tounge2.gif

btw, bergy what have you done to your aviter

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]When your health bar is nearly empty you are reported killed in the chat dialog but then agian you stay alive for a couple more sec for the enemy to hit you.

I think we can live with it as long as it doesn't cause very serious problems, this is maybe due to 1 specifical script, I tend to the 'blood' one, though.

Hopefully, it won't keep happening with the FFUR 2006.

Btw, here's a first shot of the incoming pack.

A large Image of the M1A2.

FFUR_2006_2.JPG

Thanks to Parvus.

More shots will be available very soon

;-)

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

It looks different to

newM1A2W.jpg

Is it still the 'old' KH Abrams?