Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Hi,

I think we should avoid the use of the ACU instead of the BDU in OFP because it simply doesn't blend in with ofp fields at all, even if it might be more realistic. Trust me, it would be a lot better to keep the use of the BDU.

However, we would incorporate to the readme a section that will explain to people how to implement ACU soldiers instead of BDU ones.

Quote[/b] ]I've moved the man into the grass. - How well concealed is he now? mock:

Nice photoshop Job.

smile_o.gif

The release is very close, though.

Stay tuned.

;-)

Best regards

Thunderbird84

The release is very close, though.

Stay tuned.

;-)

The last time you said this...

the releas was one 2 weeks after :P

But i'm be happy about the release!

Good work TB - Nice Job to your Team...

Stay Tuned

BlackBurn

Hello,

Several enhancements have been carried out on the AI capabilities:

-On top of the fact that AI can spot you at 300-400 meters, now it carries out hazardous shootings on the position that the sound is coming from.

-AI values increased in order to make enemy units harder, faster and starker, you would think 2 times before going out of cover.

-Now, the weight of weapons could affect combats, and the same goes to AI units as well.

-Machine gunner's proficiency has been increased to make'em more efficient during engagements, they will use suppressive fire on your position.

-Special forces abilities are higher, so avoid playing heroics when you'll be facing'em. ;-)

All these improvements have been tested out in game and work properly, they redefine the whole OFP experience and make combats more intensive and more immersive, your approach towards BIS campaigns might be totally modified.

wink_o.gif

+ Implemented the ability of leaning with pistols.

+ As some people suggested, there would be a config with ACU soldiers instead of BDU ones.

Regards

Thunderbird84

WOW this sounds very good atlast youve decided to make AI more harder and less dumb

Just AI being able to spot you at 300-400metres in the previous versions of FFUR in the 1985 campaign there are BMP's placed to stop you going too far the wrong way, in the previous versions your leader will spot these BMP's and report them when they should of been seen unless you go the wrong way. For example the mission where you have to drive from Morton to collect a truck for your men the leader spotted a BMP and started riding off the road as the BMP started to fire at us which isnt supposed to happen.

But anyway cant wait this is sounding very good

Hello,

Several enhancements have been carried out on the AI capabilities:

-On top of the fact that AI can spot you at 300-400 meters, now it carries out hazardous shootings on the position that the sound is coming from.

-AI values increased in order to make enemy units harder, faster and starker, you would think 2 times before going out of cover.

-Now, the weight of weapons could affect combats, and the same goes to AI units as well.

-Machine gunner's proficiency has been increased to make'em more efficient during engagements, they will use suppressive fire on your position.

-Special forces abilities are higher, so avoid playing heroics when you'll be facing'em. ;-)

All these improvements have been tested out in game and work properly, they redefine the whole OFP experience and make combats more intensive and more immersive, your approach towards BIS campaigns might be totally modified.

wink_o.gif

+ Implemented the ability of leaning with pistols.

+ As some people suggested, there would be a config with ACU soldiers instead of BDU ones.

Regards

Thunderbird84

this is crue to readl. but so damn good to hear. its the weekend. perfect time for a release.

biggrin_o.gif

ORCS Shilka has just com out, are you gona be implementing it or are you keeping the current one?

Quote[/b] ]Just AI being able to spot you at 300-400metres in the previous versions of FFUR in the 1985 campaign there are BMP's placed to stop you going too far the wrong way, in the previous versions your leader will spot these BMP's and report them when they should of been seen unless you go the wrong way. For example the mission where you have to drive from Morton to collect a truck for your men the leader spotted a BMP and started riding off the road as the BMP started to fire at us which isnt supposed to happen.

Such things sometimes happen but they just make combats less foreseeable. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]ORCS Shilka has just com out, are you gona be implementing it or are you keeping the current one?

Both will be available at the next release, (Thanks and Recognition to RHS guys for offering us their exclusive Shilka) but the so awaited Manfred/ORCS model will be used instead of BIS zsu.

:-)

Regards

Thunderbird84

Is there any chance to implement JAM3+CAVS standards in next release?

Is there any chance to implement JAM3+CAVS standards in next release?

Unlike the previous FFUR 85 packs, the Realism Aspect has been under intensive development and the testing here during the last two months.

So the upcoming FFUR will be using the very realistic and highly regarded firearms ammunitions values defined by WGL and Recoil values have been redefined as well.

However, Tanks armor values haven't been changed that much in order to avoid breaking BIS Missions.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Hi!

that discus about 300-400m reminded me somthing. in all of FFUR pack that i played (85 version,2005,EURO), theres a bug (i think) goes like this:

your group AI spots a tank, when the tank is down the hill and even u cant see him(also the AI), and tha AI goes : "t72, 500". like this:

t725yp.jpg

that bug is expressed in the "Clean Sweep 2" mission (i play it alot with FFUR). the AI spots the BMP from 1000 meters, when the BMP is not even close to Montigance ! ! !

--------

in FFUR 2005, the AI was sometimes very dumb dumb dumb, for example, the AI sees me, (from 10 meters), goes to "combat mode", lays down, looks at me for about 3 SEconds, and then only fires

I won't call that a 'bug', AI soldiers spot that tank at 500 meters because the bmp advances to your position, and as said above, such situations sometimes happen and you can live with them, they even somehow bring a new aspect to the mission.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

WOW this sounds very good atlast youve decided to make AI more harder and less dumb

Just AI being able to spot you at 300-400metres in the previous versions of FFUR in the 1985 campaign there are BMP's placed to stop you going too far the wrong way, in the previous versions your leader will spot these BMP's and report them when they should of been seen unless you go the wrong way. For example the mission where you have to drive from Morton to collect a truck for your men the leader spotted a BMP and started riding off the road as the BMP started to fire at us which isnt supposed to happen.

But anyway cant wait this is sounding very good

What was your visual distance? The CWC campaign is intended to be played with a 900m (1.46 style) visual distance. If it's over 1000m, the tank battles of the campaign become nearly impossible.

my viewdistance is 1500 and always has been when i play without FFUR i dont get it but with i do

I just tried the 2005 pack, excellent work guys.

Any chance of adjusting the explosion effects on grenades & satchel charges? Mainly just removing the "fireball" would be enough since TNT/C4 doesn't create a firey flash when it detonates, in fact it doesn't create much smoke either. A loud bang, a small plume of smoke and a lot of dust would be ideal. I think the hand grenade effects in WGL were perfect if you've seen them.

On a similar note, FlashFX had extra dust kicked up by vehicles moving in sand/dessert areas. It wasn't just more dust "dropped" at the vehicle itself but rather a longer lasting, less dense cloud behind the vehicle with a nice drifting effect. If something like that would be possible to impliment it would be nice as well. IIRC I didnt' take an FPS hit with the way they implimented it (fewer, larger puffs).

Anyway, very minor and not that important. I'm happy with it as it is and I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever you guys come up with next. Thanks again.

Out of interest, couldn't you just make it so there's a random script that would exec at the start of the game that would make the solders have a mix of ACU and BDU? Or just to make it so that only one is used?

Quote[/b] ]Any chance of adjusting the explosion effects on grenades & satchel charges? Mainly just removing the "fireball" would be enough since TNT/C4 doesn't create a firey flash when it detonates,

That yellow 'fireball' effect has been replaced by a better and more realistic sequence.

Quote[/b] ]Out of interest, couldn't you just make it so there's a random script that would exec at the start of the game that would make the solders have a mix of ACU and BDU? Or just to make it so that only one is used?

This won't require the use of scripts but it won't make sense because squads units always have the same equipment and the same battle dress.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

just one thing on the BDU soldiers is that IMO the textures look far too clean maybe make them look a little more 'dirty' like maybe decrease the brightness make them look like they werent just bought. But thats just my opinion plus im not sure how these will look in game the pictures always look much differently in game then a picture.

Had a little problem after a bad install of FFUR2005 (forgot to add an ffur folder when changing the install directory). After uninstalling I seem to have lost all the original OFP music.

Quote[/b] ]How are these new features implemented?

cpp/very light scripting.

Quote[/b] ]just one thing on the BDU soldiers is that IMO the textures look far too clean maybe make them look a little more 'dirty' like maybe decrease the brightness make them look like they werent just bought.

I think they don't require any changes, they have been retextured, modified and changed more than once in order to make'em the authentic possible, and they currently look good in my judgement,

wait'n see.

Quote[/b] ]Had a little problem after a bad install of FFUR2005 (forgot to add an ffur folder when changing the install directory). After uninstalling I seem to have lost all the original OFP music.

Weird, this should not happen at all, the only way to get back your original ofp music is to use your OFP CD (right click), /Res/Dta/Music.pbo and put it into your Operation Flashpoint/Res/dta/.

Hope this would hep.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Hi,TB.I seem to be having a problem with the Convoy mission in FFUR2005,where after I radio the convoy at the first crossroad,they seem to go off the road and drive aimlessly around.Have you encountered this problem before,and if so,is it fixed in FFUR 2006.

This may happen even without the use of any FFUR pack, if your trucks will be under heavy fire then they won't go on the way they should follow, maybe if you stay near your convoy and will support it until the end of the mission, everything will be successfully accomplished.

Regards

TB84

I was expecting FFUR 2006 to be released right about around now... whistle.gif

Any word on the ETA? inlove.gif