Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Would i be able to get a count on all the Clans/Squads/Leagues which are going to add FFUR 2006 [mp] to there servers? becuase we might be doing just that and we are wondering who else is? smile_o.gif

Hi,

Glad to show you an enhanced version of the current M1A2 model that will be used instead of the previous one until KH/INQ will release their nice updated Abrams.

m1a207hi.jpg

m1a24hs.jpg

m1a222ht.jpg

As you see, the textures have been improved and their resolution have been made higher for a better visual aspect in game, we're still just waiting for INQ permission, though.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Oh yes. Hoping you'd do a high res update o' those. Keep up the fine work.

Just offtopic for a sec - IRL, are US regular riflemen recieving Aimpoints or Reflex sights? I know this has been answered about xty hundred posts back, but could someone please reiterate?

Just offtopic for a sec - IRL, are US regular riflemen recieving Aimpoints or Reflex sights? I know this has been answered about xty hundred posts back, but could someone please reiterate?

Only ACU troops will be carrying M4s because according to OFP story line, US Army personnal is supposed to be 'stationed outside' of the USA, and this has been done in order to increase the variety of the US equipment as well.

However, even if BDU soldiers will be equipped with M16A2, BDU Officers will have M4 reflex in order to show the current transition that's being carried out between the old US equipment and the new one, and once again, this has been mostly done in the goal to bring a better variety of equipments used during missions.

Regards

TB84

Ta, mate.

Could I ask a (another) favour? Could you please post a pic of the updated 2006 crew to check out the textures and model? smile_o.gif Cause it must be different from the other one...

Looking good thumbs-up.gif

I'd like to know if there's any way of changing the crosshair, because I don't like the small cross, I like the cross with the dot in the middle, you know, the dot moves, instead of the whole cross, like in ECP?

Could I ask a (another) favour? Could you please post a pic of the updated 2006 crew to check out the textures and model?

Cause it must be different from the other one...

'06 (BDU) Armor Crews.

crew26ea.jpgcrew14xc.jpg

Quote[/b] ]I'd like to know if there's any way of changing the crosshair, because I don't like the small cross, I like the cross with the dot in the middle, you know, the dot moves, instead of the whole cross, like in ECP?

As far as I know, ECP crosshair is the same than BIS one, and the red dot has been added in FFUR especially to simulate M4 aimpoints laser beam, though.

Regards

TB84

No I don't mean the red dot you see in the weapon sight, I mean the crosshair you always see when you are walking around. You know, white cross. Original BIS one looked kinda like

_IiI_

and the i there moves around to show where your rounds will impact if you fire at that moment. Now, in FFUR, instead of having a dot, or like the BIS one, that i-like shape, you just have one small white cross, and the whole cross moves. I find it too small and hard to aim with it

Well, fact of the matter is, if we're going for full "realism" as depicted quite well in Veteran Mode, it'd be quite good if you got rid of the cross-hair entirely (i.e. replaced it with a blank, fully trasparent texture). 8/10 players aim with ironsights anyway, I learnt that lesson after just 4 weeks of playing OFP.

Well, fact of the matter is, if we're going for full "realism" as depicted quite well in Veteran Mode, it'd be quite good if you got rid of the cross-hair entirely (i.e. replaced it with a blank, fully trasparent texture). 8/10 players aim with ironsights anyway, I learnt that lesson after just 4 weeks of playing OFP.

Well, fact-of-the-matter is, there are people who like using (me included) the n00b-you-suck crosshairs wink_o.gif

Well, fact of the matter is, if we're going for full "realism" as depicted quite well in Veteran Mode, it'd be quite good if you got rid of the cross-hair entirely (i.e. replaced it with a blank, fully trasparent texture).

I second this strongly.

the crosshairs should be optional if you dont use the cross hair then switch it off if you do it can be switched on this way it suits all players people may actually switch to cadet mode becuase of this

I use a bit of a mix between crosshairs somedays i will use it somedays i wont.

Anyway the crew are looking good

You can turn them off if you don't like using them, that's not the point I'm trying to make. What i'm saying is, that I don't like the crosshairs used in FFUR. I find them too small to be useful

Did BIS create the Cross for aiming huh.gif somehow I doubt it because it is really inaccurat !?!

I didn't even used it in the firts OFP Demo tounge2.gif

it is good to have one when you are in 3rd_Person View and in a vehicle to see where you are going and to give your gunner targets. but in a TANK e.g as gunner the CROSS is absolutly useless.

Those in FFUr are just made to replace the "boring" original one, they were never intended to be used for aiming.

benus

EDIT: To tell the truth, I NEVER tried to aim with the cross. Have to try that.

I don't mean aiming for vehicles, of course I don't use them to aim when in 3rd person view, it doesn't work. I mean when you're in 1st person view, as a soldier. In this case, the crosshairs are accurate, and I have always used them. I only use the optics for long range aiming, or very precise shooting

Well, it's just all that crying out for all kind of realism anywhere, but here you all want to have that highly unrealistical crosshair infront your noses ... I just don't get it ... maybe you all don't play OFP to much, and therefore you (as a lousy players) need such kind of help ...

Well, it's just all that crying out for all kind of realism anywhere, but here you all want to have that highly unrealistical crosshair infront your noses ... I just don't get it ... maybe you all don't play OFP to much, and therefore you (as a lousy players) need such kind of help ...

I'll pretend I didn't just read that icon_rolleyes.gif

Here, the line in between the 2 inverted Ls moves to show where the rounds will hit. The crosshair is also clearer and the lines not so bold...

BISxhair.jpg

Here, the whole crosshair moves, it is smaller, and the lines are too bold, plus there is no precise enough indication of where your rounds will hit, there is just an empty space in the middle of the cross...

FFURxhair.jpg

I'll pretend I didn't just read that

Well, maybe you should read it again ...

Anyway, thanks for showing the crosshairs (thou I don't get what you're prooving with them, except that -as a player- you really need them); I've forgot how they looks because

I didn't even used it in the firts OFP Demo

same here.

I agree with Shashman, I think the original crosshair design was the best. I dont really like the crosshairs currently in ffur and other mods like y2k3. And getting rid of crosshairs is stupid. Alot of people like to use them, if you dont go into difficulty and turn them off. EASY AS THAT...

I'll pretend I didn't just read that

Well, maybe you should read it again ...

Anyway, thanks for showing the crosshairs (thou I don't get what you're prooving with them, except that -as a player- you really need them); I've forgot how they looks because

I didn't even used it in the firts OFP Demo

same here.

So what if I need them -as a player-? icon_rolleyes.gif

Do you have a problem with that?

I am speaking for the people who enjoy using crosshairs, so if you're just too good and elite to use crosshairs, why are you posting? icon_rolleyes.gif

This matter doesn't concern you, seeing as you can just go into options and turn them off wink_o.gif

FFUR crosshair has always disturbed me.

sorry for that.

I prefer BIS crossahair or no crosshair at all. whistle.gif

Why are ironsights made for?Or scopes?I mostly use them

to make my way through the enemy.

well in laggy missions i find it very very hard to use the ironsights so thats when i turn on the crosshairs as its easyier to hit when your getting a low FPS

well in laggy missions i find it very very hard to use the ironsights so thats when i turn on the crosshairs as its easyier to hit when your getting a low FPS

True story...

As I said, if you don't use crosshairs, then whether they get changed or not doesn't affect you, as you can just turn them off, but for those who prefer to use them, we have to use the crosshairs on offer, and I'm just saying that I prefer the original crosshairs over the ones implemented by FFUR. The moving reticule within BIS crosshairs is what I like. I think it was the Y2K3 Mod crosshairs that I preferred. They were composed of a cross (like in FFUR but bigger and less bold) with a dot in the middle which moved (when breathing, injured, walking, etc)

@ Shashman

You're right, not really problem of mine (thou 'theoretically' this matter concerns me as it concerns you), and I really don't care if you're a good or a lousy OFP player (in fact the skills of yours have nothing to do with the crosshair 'problem'; if you can be 'for' so I can be 'against' ), I just see all that discrepancy (in general so there's no misunderstanding) about being deadly realistical where 'I' see it right, but elswhere, where this don't suits me ... that's all. And then you go and play such a 'realisctically' maded game or mod or the addon or whatever with a such unrealistical help.