Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

When you used FFUR, you draged the notepad via the ruler on it too far off the screen. Then you tried normal OFP where the notepad doesn't have the ruler, so you cant drag it back.

Go to FFUR and drag the notepad to the center of the screen and after that try normal OFP again. Hope it helps.

Yes you are right,after all the f$%&"ing about all it came down to was that if you leave the ffur breifing page to far to the left,when you exit ffur mod and then at some stage start flashpoint normaly you can't get the normal breifing's page! Edit-Get rid of that twat of a ruler(still nuf respec tu da mod ) biggrin_o.gif

Great replacement pack TB, I love it.

Things that I'm not big fan of (FYI I'm using Modern FFUR):

- Laptop. It's kinda wierd with that new texture, there was a black laptop released recently, I think you sould ask permission to use it, it looks quite modern.

- PBR Mk. 2. Woodland camo does not fit into the sea, now it looks like someone took cans of paint and spashed everything over the boat. IMHO, bad idea.

- Briefing notebook. IMO Regular OFP one looked better. If I get some time I will make one for you, but I would probably need assistance from an texture artist.

- I'm also having issues with cutscenes stopping. View switches to default 3rd person view of the "player".

- I hate the addition of "health" bar.

- I'm not a big fan of Next Gen animation pack, but I can sort that out on my own. I prefer regular patrol pack.

I don't know how much do you value my criticism but if I find anything else I will let you know.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, we'll change several things in the incoming patchs.

Quote[/b] ]Edit-Get rid of that twat of a ruler(still nuf respec tu da mod )

will do.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

TB,

Are my eyes deceiving me? I saw a post made earlier by you hinting at that there may well could be one more NEW FFUR conversion, dealing with Britain.

If it's using Laser's models, well, that'd be a superb conversion. Who would the Brits' fight? Hmmm...

Just wondering out loud...

Kyle

tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Are my eyes deceiving me? I saw a post made earlier by you hinting at that there may well could be one more NEW FFUR conversion, dealing with Britain.

Lol... Have I really said that? Oh! I was a bit drunk when I wrote it...

Shuuuut!

wink_o.gif

Regards

TB84

Quote[/b] ]If it's using Laser's models, well, that'd be a superb conversion. Who would the Brits' fight? Hmmm...

the Iraqs and Resistance could be Iranian forces that was my idea of what the suprise pack was i was wrong

oh well i would love this kind of pack but i just cant do this if i could i would but it would be very crap lol just unit replacement nothing else

but oh well i doubt you have time for this though since your working on the patches and there was something about you not being able to continue with FFUR after the patches are done

How about the French. They have waged war with the Brits for centuries, why not continue in FFUR.  pistols.gif

there could be a way of saving asian pack huh.gif what about playing the chinesse side ? that way maybe the chinesse goverment would be satisfied icon_rolleyes.gif

there could be a way of saving asian pack ? what about playing the chinesse side ? that way maybe the chinesse goverment would be satisfied
Quote[/b] ]Btw, I would like to inform you that we will finally keep the FFUR Asian Crisis pack for several reasons, mainly a bunch of reasons out of our control and out of our responsibility...

smile_o.gif

Btw mates, you have to know that there's any new envisaged total conversion pack.

..aren't 5 TC enough? :P

We'll just make some nice patchs which will improve the current packs,though.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

I´m playing the cwc campaign with the ffur asia mod, works perfect. smile_o.gif

Many thank`s for that. thumbs-up.gif

Bad News

Well I'm sorry to have to announce this sad news but we are being forced to take the Asian crisis pack out of FFUR, and take down the links for it from all ofp websites which have hosted it. It seems that the VME mod is encountering some problems with their Chinese governement due to the fact that they allowed us the use of their addons for "a political context"...

I was shocked by the news!Plz,dont remove asian pack out of ffur!

I dont believe the situation VME are encountering with the govornment is not negotiable .I hope everything will be ok in the end...

Quote[/b] ]I was shocked by the news!Plz,dont remove asian pack out of ffur!

I dont believe the situation VME are encountering with the govornment is not negotiable .I hope everything will be ok in the end...

Hi,

I know how big is the VME team, but I'm sure that things would be a lot better if they'd discuss a bit more about kind of subjects in the goal to avoid such situations in the future! ...

In any way, as posted above, we won't take the FFUR asian crisis pack out of our projects.

smile_o.gif

Thank you all for your support, feedbacks and nice comments!

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Thunderbird, just in case you're even thinking about removing the Chinese: Don't. The Chinese government has no authority over anyone else than their own citizens, but this puts pressure on the VME team. Those guys have to be careful now. But re-evaluating this, I can't see any reason for the VME team to be punished by the Chinese government just because they failed to persuade you to remove the addons. That wouldn't even be remotely fair to them. My advice: Stand your ground if they dare try to influence any part of your work.

I have downloaded 1985 pack,In picture I can see soviet soldiers from ORCS,but in game they are from RHS!So whats truth? banghead.gif

Great replacement pack TB, I love it.

- I'm also having issues with cutscenes stopping. View switches to default 3rd person view of the "player".

Hello,

I've the Same Pb of CutScenes.

__

My remark concern only FFUR1985 WoodLand i'vent try the other for the momment :

But Most of all RedHammer Missions when you have a AKMB (Spez Silenced Ver of AK74) you COULDN'T hit when the target is far than 50 meter (Example : RedHammer Mission "Under Orders")

I'm Alone with the PBs ?

Another anoying pb : In RedHammer Mission "Under Orders" one of your man have the correct FFUR1985 RPG7Launcher but not any ammunition for it.

In the same sort of thing when you have a M16/AK74 + GrenadeLauncher You have the FFUR Remp Ammunition if you are a Crenadier but if you want take ammunition from a Crate or a truck you have the old (two inventory space) Grenade.

I Hope my remarks could give help.

Tbird what about the full pack smile_o.gif?

Full???!!You want pack about 2 GB???,

Exactly:

Quote[/b] ]

we will publish very soon the full installers and the rar versions...

Taken from first post smile_o.gif!

By the way, how will you release the patch. Will it be an one-for-all patch or spereated for the packs?

Quote[/b] ] I can't see any reason for the VME team to be punished by the Chinese government just because they failed to persuade you to remove the addons. That wouldn't even be remotely fair to them. My advice: Stand your ground if they dare try to influence any part of your work.

Definately, I still have no idea about the "real" reasons that force the chinese governement to act in a such way, in spite of relationships with Japan which currently are so far good.

Quote[/b] ]I have downloaded 1985 pack,In picture I can see soviet soldiers from ORCS,but in game they are from RHS!So whats truth

We have already posted in our website the list of changes and enhancements, but due to the fact that our bandwidth has been exceeded, we've lost a part of our data but we'll fix this problem within the next few days.

Btw, the soviet units used in the FFUR 1985 are a combo of a bunch of Addons done by several mods (RHS p3d, ORCS textures & OFPCAT re-texturing work).

Quote[/b] ] But Most of all RedHammer Missions when you have a AKMB (Spez Silenced Ver of AK74) you COULDN'T hit when the target is far than 50 meter

Already reported and all bugs have been reported more than once, please check the 34th page which shows the list of envisaged enhancements and improvements.

Quote[/b] ]By the way, how will you release the patch. Will it be an one-for-all patch or spereated for the packs?

Well, we'll release the patchs & The full pack which will include the changes made as well.

These patchs will address a number of issues that were reported in the previous packs + a bunch of new additions (Spetznatz Shilka, Luna...etc)

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Is it not putting the VME mod team at risk to still allow it to be hosted?

Honestly with no offense towards VME team, and regardless of the fact that they're still "Theorically" communist I'm quite sure that the risk is very minor because we are the men behind the "FFUR Asian Crisis" pack, we have decided to choose japanese as enemy for chinese in the goal to simulate an Asian Crisis, not the VME mod,though, honestly it would be a big shame that the chinese governement would act against'em for these reasons, if I'd notice that the threat would become more serious... then I'll take all FFUR Asian Crisis pack out of FFUR and will request that its mirrors will be taken out as well.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

wow, patches and full release are sounding great!

I'm excited for full release! smile_o.gif

wow, patches and full release are sounding great!

I'm excited for full release! smile_o.gif

Me not,cuz I have slow Internet connection,and lot of us havent Fast connection

BTW:Sorry for my English

Quote[/b] ]I dont believe the situation VME are encountering with the govornment is not negotiable .I hope everything will be ok in the end..

Tianasquare.jpg

Need I say anymore about the Chinese government's ability to reason with people?

The sad fact of the reality is that we take democracy for granted. You cannot 'stand your ground' against people who aren't interested your rights as a human being. Its unfortunate, but sadly true.