Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Eh thinng Army should have their Cobra, major differances between the Army and Marine cobras, Army AH-1S and F still have the problem of not beinable to take off with full weapons and fuel payload. Vit did make an Army verssion of the AH-1 Cobra for the Army with most of the features the AH-1W and Z have. Marine Cobra was given twin engines opposed to the Army Combra with a single engine. Cockpits are different as well Marines spent lots of time on the devolopment of cobras when they finally got them . While the Army alredy had their minds set the AH64 was going to replace the cobra in the early 70s. Then the LHX... And AH66. Seen some coming out of mothballs this weekend as the war is creating a shortage and AH1s CH53s and 47s are coming back online for service.

While the Army alredy had their minds set the AH64 was going to replace the cobra in the early 70s.

The army always saw the Cobra as an Interim option, it was designed for the outset as something to do the job before the AH-56 Cheyenne was meant to come into service. It never did, so the army upgraded the Cobras a bit until the Apache replaced them in the 1970s.

Okay, Now with my problems... First off wonderful packs especially the 2005 one. Sad deal with Asian pack but thats the way the world turns on its own little dynamic equilibrium. The 2005 pack has been freezing up on me unexpectedly within different points in the game, Sometimes at the start up sometimes at about 30 minutes into the game. I have removed the loading up of other mod folders (Just to make sure it isnt conflicting with other addons) but it still persists. This is the only pack that has done this. The 1985 packs and the Asian pack has not done this. I have stated and commented. Thanks

Well this pic's very old and the chinese governement has improved much since that era and became more open-minded even if it's still communist.

Quote[/b] ]Vit did make an Army verssion of the AH-1

An israeli AH-1F, not US... thanks for the infos,though.

Quote[/b] ]kay, Now with my problems... First off wonderful packs especially the 2005 one. Sad deal with Asian pack but thats the way the world turns on its own little dynamic equilibrium. The 2005 pack has been freezing up on me unexpectedly within different points in the game, Sometimes at the start up sometimes at about 30 minutes into the game. I have removed the loading up of other mod folders (Just to make sure it isnt conflicting with other addons) but it still persists. This is the only pack that has done this. The 1985 packs and the Asian pack has not done this. I have stated and commented. Thanks

It seems that the FFUR2005 is Slightly less buggy than the rest of packs, plus nobody got a such problem until now, maybe the installer/archive's corrupted, make sure that your ofp works perfectly, make sure that you haven't renamed, changed or removed anything & please read the instructions once again to make sure that you've done everything correctly.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

I just don't understand why the Chinese gov don't want it distributed. It's not revealing any military secrets, or harming anyone. Just becase japan are in there...

So much for stepping forward. confused_o.gif

(My confusion is directed at the Government, not the people)

Quote[/b] ]kay, Now with my problems... First off wonderful packs especially the 2005 one. Sad deal with Asian pack but thats the way the world turns on its own little dynamic equilibrium. The 2005 pack has been freezing up on me unexpectedly within different points in the game, Sometimes at the start up sometimes at about 30 minutes into the game. I have removed the loading up of other mod folders (Just to make sure it isnt conflicting with other addons) but it still persists. This is the only pack that has done this. The 1985 packs and the Asian pack has not done this. I have stated and commented. Thanks

It seems that the FFUR2005 is Slightly less buggy than the rest of packs, plus nobody got a such problem until now, maybe the installer/archive's corrupted, make sure that your ofp works perfectly, make sure that you haven't renamed, changed or removed anything & please read the instructions once again to make sure that you've done everything correctly.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Right, I found my problem. Thank you. Cool song at the beggining btw.

Guest RKSL-Rock
I just don't understand why the Chinese gov don't want it distributed. It's not revealing any military secrets, or harming anyone. Just becase japan are in there...

So much for stepping forward.  confused_o.gif

(My confusion is directed at the Government, not the people)

China's government has been very edgy about how its perceived, it issued its trade and industry with guidelines about how behave and present them selves to the rest of the world.  It’s then gone on for ideological reasons to censor parts of the internet and publications available to its populace.

If you take some time to look through the BBC news archives you’ll find a lot of references to the restrictions the government have added to its people, including images of military forces, equipments etc.   As much as we take this sort of imagery etc for granted as a right; in some countries it is a privilege.  The Chinese government just as any other government sets it own rules and laws.

Regardless of what we think, the fact is that the VME guys live in China and are faced with the Laws of china.  If that government decides to they can make it very uncomfortable for the VME guys they can.  So far they have just asked them to remove the Chinese content; next they may not ask and just arrest the VME team.   Imagine the same happening to BAS, CSLA or anyone else.  It sounds ridiculous in most Western countries but unfortunately its not impossible in China.

I don’t think it’s fair that they should get (potentially) punished for something they didn’t actually do themselves.  But the fact remains that they gave permission to FFUR to use their models.  That may be enough in the eyes of the Chinese government to punish the VME guys.   The best that we can do is support them by accepting the wishes of the VME team and the Chinese government by removing the packs form public sites so that no one does actually get punished.  After all its only one scenario that causes concern for the government China vs Japan.  Its not like they have banned the entire game yet.

Quote[/b] ] The best that we can do is support them by accepting the wishes of the VME team and the Chinese government by removing the packs form public sites so that no one does actually get punished. After all its only one scenario that causes concern for the government China vs Japan. Its not like they have banned the entire game yet.

Please remember that it's totally unnecessary to precipitate and to do errors, it's best to wait and to see, actually we are well-informed and if we'd notice that the threat's level will increase even a bit, then we'll immediately take all asian projects out of FFUR.

For their safety we won't publish the patch "Asian Crisis" in ofp.cz, because it seems that it's the only ofp news website which's very closely surveyed by the Chinese government.

Honestly this is the first time that we're finding ourselves in a such situation and hopefully everything would be fixed ASAP.

I'll keep you informed.

Edit : From Tony (Vme's Script maker).

Quote[/b] ]yes,fact I think police won't find me,I just worry about something happen to VME,many Chinese player don't like your Asia pack,because them don't want use JSDF to fight with PLA

just let Chinese won't notice your pack is ok...

It seems that things are going better....

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

The best that we can do is support them by accepting the wishes of the VME team and the Chinese government by removing the packs form public sites so that no one does actually get punished.

With all due respect - that has to be one of the most ludicrous things I've heard in a long time (including sound bites from George W). You really want to give in to these slime balls?

The web is a --FREE-- space and if the Chinese Govt doesn't like it that's tough. They may be able to bring down the iron curtain in their own domain but not in ours buddy - not yet anyway!

If their govt is so hell bent against this mod they can (like many other web pipelines) deny their populace access to the information. Wonderful way of life.

If the VME team is 'really' afraid for their safety they should delete all references to this mod from their systems and report our unholy actions to their nearest Thought Police office.

What a world.

I am really stunned by what happen to the VME mod. I hope no one will have any problems because of an noob authocratic government.

Who would have think that Ofp might been seen as a political gesture?

But, there`s NO WAY the Chinese government is going to dictate what I put on my Hard drive!!

The only point of negotiation with the Chinese is whether you'd prefer bullet in the left ear or the right, the left tank tread or the right. Europe and the Americas, and even Africa in a twisted sort of way have had the ideological uprising and liberation of the peasentry, regardless of the present governmental status.

China has not.

Your grandfather was a serf, your father was a serf, you are a serf, you childr - if you're authorized by the state to have one - will be a serf, and if you do not dutifully fill your role as a will-less serf you will be purged as an unpatriotic defect.

Contrary to the idealistic and n00bish world of the western media who are figuratively and in many cases literally - off chasing the dragon to use a literary phrase - things are politically as friendly between Japan and the PRC as India and Pakistan. Obscuring that is the traditional class societies that still to this day make Victorian social ranking look like a hippie commune.

The socially-despised merchants, regardless of billions, have through their direct dealings tied the economies of East Asia together in such a symbiosis that even the Japanese East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere imperialists could never have envisioned.

This is irrelevant however to the ruling warrior class, and wanna-be's, who view the merchants as only well-dressed and often obnoxious serfs that have to be plucked up and raided regularly to "learn their place" in society.

On that premise, if you are not the king, you are a serf, and forever a serf you will be. Chess rules dictate that all but the king are expendable, in a very literal sense. Saddam won Gulf War 1 on this premise. Mao proved it in the Long March Of Attrition, the Cultural Revolution of Atrophy, and the Purging of the PLA in the Chosen at the hands of the US Army and more especially the Marines.

But Mao survived, so Mao won.

Deng relaxed the rediculously self-punitive economic policies, but only in accordance with social and poltical Mao Rules. Deng's successors have continued that policy, of allowing ambitious serfs to line the king's coffers, provided that they remain serfs. It seems that they've finally begun to learn what kept the Khan's of the Horde in power for so long.

Meanwhile the merchants in Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, and China continue to live with one foot in the world of their making, so long as accounts are kept in order in the other world. Due to their inferior - though not nearly 'untouchable' - status, they're generally free to expand their enterprises, so long as political and social obligations and order are maintained.

Now to Japan. Japan occupied the Korean Peninsula, and a large section of North-Eastern China following the Russo-Japanese war, at a time of global Imperialism and Chinese decay. Japanese occupational abuses were on par with the standard practices of imperial colonialism of 'inferior' nations at the time, with heavy-handed administration and generalized atrocities and what we now define crimes against humanity. The point to be considered back then, and as always, is what constitutes humanity?

Serfs have never been entitled liberty, that is a privilege reserved for citizens.

The PRC to this day demands from Japan formal governmental apology, unspecified compensatory and punitive reparations, dismantlement of the JSDF, complete and permanent demilitarization and deweaponization of Japan, and who knows what else. Bear in mind that this is equivelent to Poland demanding reparations from PM Vladimir Putin for Czar Niklolai II's occupation. But to Mao rules, that's perfectly legit.

The Japanese peseants had the 'gall' to oppress the Chinese King, and as there can be only one King in Asia - Chinese of course - Japan must be made to toe the line. PM Koizumi's public policies of increased engagement and independent world poltical involvement, and his private pilgrimages to YasuNoKuni are viewed more equivelently to sedition, than normal beligerance.

Now to tie all this back to VME. This post should be setting off all sorts of warning alarms on the Great Firewall of China. Well I will keep to my opinions, and fly Old Glory out front and the Hi-No-De in my room. For all you conspiricy nuts and tin-foil-hatters in regards to Carnivore and Echelon, China's actually running something overtly that the NSA could only dream of since they'd have to sneak it in retroactively. Recent changes require national ID cards to be logged per station to connect traffic to real people. Chinese game developers are now required to provide admin API's to the monitors so that they can mine and control online content. If your activities are not acceptable to the state, you'll get a knock at the door then get hauled off to be disposed of with the other 'defects'.

You were born a serf, you live a serf, and you will die a serf. If you try to change that, you will still die a serf, and earlier.

Is there issues that Japan needs to resolve? Of course, there's stuff even the Vatican hasn't cleared up. But divine-right-of-kings authoritarian regimes take a dim view of serfs laying down the grubbing hoe and standing up. In today's Chinese society, you do not make games for your entertainment. You do not have a place for YOUR entertainment, all is for the greater good of the king.

There are worse things than games disappearing. Things like people disappearing. In 2005.

Quote[/b] ]all of this because nealy whole Aisa hate Japnease

Maybe it's true but it's rather disgusting. The Chinese like to throw the hate around while blaming everyone else but themselves for anything.

A quite interesting article about the current relations between China and Japan.

Relations between China and Japan have always been complex, but the efforts done by both governements show that things can change.

I can feel things are changing, faster so than I first imagined them to, the same goes for the opinion and prejudices of both people towards Each Other as well.

I've already discussed about these significant subjects with both sides and noticed that they're ready to leave the past to historians, unfortunately there are still a bunch of conserv's ignorants who still focus on that ...

In any way, this whole things feels almost surreal and totally out of our control, we fortunately still can give our opinion,though...

Btw I totally do agree with you mates but now please let's get back to the thread's original subject.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

People, this is a fictional conflict, between two 'auld enemies'. It is exactly the same as a WW2 modification, in making a game to relive the conflicts of past days, yet the British, French, German, Italian, US and other nations' governments have no problem with it. For some reason, the Chinese do. This is out of our control, and frankly, not of our concern. The team spent many hundreds of man hours working on Asian Crisis, thunderbird84 being the most prominent, and we will not just have our work deleted in a click of a button.

The contributors allowed us to use their work, and in doing so took on the responsibility of our use of it. If you gave someone a rifle and then that person went out and shot someone, you would get into trouble.

I really don't see how the pack could be so offensive - it doesn't contain any missions, campaigns or other sort of storyline which shows a conflict between two Asian nations. All it contains is Chinese and Japanese units, and is called 'Asian Crisis'. In actual fact, there is no hard evidence within the mod which suggests China and Japan are supposed to be enemies in the game at all. I assume the Chinese government saw the name, saw the two countries envolved and decided it was herecy.

However, I see this thread developing into a moral debate. This is not the place for that sort of thing. The fact is that a minority aren't happy with our work, but they aren't being forced to use it. That's it.

It is exactly the same as a WW2 modification, in making a game to relive the conflicts of past days, yet the British, French, German, Italian, US and other nations' governments have no problem with it.

It is not exactly the same; USA, Britain, France, Germany, Italy et al. all get along with eachother now, theyre all in NATO, all of them except America are key players in the EU. In short they did some real bad stuff in the past, but theyve put it behind them and now benefit through mutual co-operation. Unfortunatly, this is not the case with the Far-east countries.

Getting back on topic, hows the patch progressing?

Quote[/b] ]Getting back on topic, hows the patch progressing?

Very well smile_o.gif

We've finished regrouping the addons in "FFUR_..." folders in the goal to allow the compatibility of all addons with FFUR mods.

And we'll start fixing and enhancing the bug & errors that people reported ASAP...we're waiting for some "extra" stuff as well.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

by any chance in the patches will we get a uh60 mg which can hold 12 men (asian pack by the way)

since the huey at the mo doesnt hold 12 men or atleast not for me

let me guess the shilka from the spetznatz pack and something else maybe

The Luna-M (FROG-7) aswell. Theres also the general pack. OWP hinted that theyd be releasing some stuff tomorrow, hopefully those Mi-8s notworthy.gif

the shilka will be ready it s sur for the next patch smile_o.gif

Luna-M i think that it will not ready for the next patch

it miss sound and we discuss about about the firing sequence for the Frog smile_o.gificon_rolleyes.gif

(maybie a weapon pack will go out soon we work on the sound (unofficial) smile_o.gif )

Hello,

Quote[/b] ]

My PC :

P4 3.4 GHz - 1 Mo of Shadow Mem

FSB 800 MHz - 1Go DDRam (2*512 - 400 MHz)

ATI X850 Platinium Edition

VPU 550 MHz

GDRam 256Mo - 590 MhZ

OFP Config :

Visual Range : 1500 Meter

Video Options : All On (Else W-Buffer)

Frame Rate : 15-28

Video Quality : 10-20

Terrain Detail : Normal

In the Intro of the Mission 24-JoinAttack : Savior when they have many explosions the Frame Rate go Under 5 FPS mad_o.gif . For Normal OFP ~18 FPS and For FDF Mod ~15 FPS for the same Intro wink_o.gif .

If for my config that lag i think for less power config all mission with some explosions should be very laggy confused_o.gif . For Example for me when you Blow Up Ammo and Fuel in Mission 22-Sabotage : Rage the FPS fall below 10 FPS until you go off far of the Burning Camp, so it's hard to play.

Moreover i don't understand, i 've play some FDF Mod Mission with many many Explosions (Yes of course a bit less beautifull than yours) and never lag.

Best Regard, ExA

Hi all,

Quote[/b] ]et me guess the shilka from the spetznatz pack and something else maybe

Spetznatz Shilka / Luna.

OWP General/Mi18.

BOH updated japanese soldiers.

Asian Voices.

Maybe some incoming RHS stuff.

... and some unexpected addons if they'd fit to replace the current ones as well.

Quote[/b] ]the shilka will be ready it s sur for the next patch : )

Luna-M i think that it will not ready for the next patch

it miss sound and we discuss about about the firing sequence for the Frog : )

(maybie a weapon pack will go out soon we work on the sound (unofficial) : ) )

Thanks for the infos mate, the addon even without sounds would be quite enough, we can deal with that by adding ours,though. : )

Quote[/b] ]In the Intro of the Mission 24-JoinAttack : Savior when they have many explosions the Frame Rate go Under 5 FPS

Well I think you can live with 5 fps for 2 or 3 seconds... plus in a cutscene, honestly we're really glad about these release's lag because it decreased more than expected.

More enhancements and improvements will be carried out as well.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

thats weird about the lag ive never encountered any lag for me and ive played some radnom mission where i have about 40 8 men groups per east and west side some tanks and choppers which i made as a joke and enoucntered no lag and my comp secs are lower then yours did you have msn messenger running at the time if i do i get lag but games do tell you to close all memeory hogging programs before playing anyway

(maybie a weapon pack will go out soon we work on the sound (unofficial) smile_o.gif )

it wouldnt be those beautiful AKs by any chance?