Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

When I played FFUR2005 I did not see alot of effects like I did on ffur 5.0, I didnt see body explosions, Bullets splashes when hitting the water, no effects on the f-16 and every time I look far in the herizon there is a blue stripe that I see which gets on my nerves. I dont know what i did wrong or what els I need to download for this.

As I said,this is only due to OFP's engine

This can't be because in OFP:Res 1.96: UAZ, Ural, 5t truck, HMMWV and others don't explode, only in FFUR.

...or is the explosion needed for the fire script to work. huh.gif

Also I cant Install the enhanced sky thing because when I do it says Error data.pbo not found.

been running the 1984 woodland and 2005 ffur real hard in MP with my clan, some of the skining work was rushed it seems but overlooked that after a while, noticed dead guys often crawl around on the ground still able to kill you. often gotta put another round into them to make sure they are dead. Nice makes easy missions a bit more of a challange and hard missions impossable.

Miss the exploding bodies they where great in MP when you nail an enemy with a 50 cal or rpg.

Did notice chopper dust sometimes runs even if the engine is off on the chopper and the blades are still. The exploding car problem was also in WGL and CLSA mod contact them to learn how to fix it, it should be at least random cars due explode often when hevilly damaged. where a lot of miilitary vehicles do not because they are not powered by gas but diesel. Usualy hydricl fluids light fire and the vehicle burns up. Stowed ammo often is what is exploding on tactical vehicles. should put the exploding car scripts back in also with a high randomness. Maybe add the K-Kill scripts in as well, managed to get it to somewhat work in MP without much lag. But only for east tanks. Must west side combat vehicles the turrents are bolted down so it takes a really large explossion to tear it from the hull like several 220 mm arty rounds as a VIEB.

every time I look far in the herizon there is a blue stripe that I see which gets on my nerves.

I know DXDLL causes black lines on the horizon, but maybe it causes the blue ones too.

BTW, wasnt there an afterburner on the F-16 addon you used? It would be nice if we had it on your one.

Quote[/b] ]When I played FFUR2005 I did not see alot of effects like I did on ffur 5.0, I didnt see body explosions, Bullets splashes when hitting the water, no effects on the f-16 and every time I look far in the herizon there is a blue stripe that I see which gets on my nerves. I dont know what i did wrong or what els I need to download for this.

We removed these effects in the goal to decrease the lag,because they were useless, some of them even break several BIS missions as well.

Quote[/b] ]Bullets splashes

I'll add it.

Quote[/b] ]Miss the exploding bodies they where great in MP when you nail an enemy with a 50 cal or rpg.

Removed due to this vote

but maybe I'll include it again in the extra-config pack.

Quote[/b] ]The exploding car problem was also in WGL and CLSA mod contact them to learn how to fix it,

I think that people can live with that, it isn't really a problem,we do our best to avoid the use of scripts.

Quote[/b] ]BTW, wasnt there an afterburner on the F-16 addon you used? It would be nice if we had it on your one.

Removed for the same reasons, we managed our config in the goal to use the least possible "scripts".

But we'd incorporate some nice effects in the incoming patchs which won't need any scripting...(by cpp).

wink_o.gif

Regards

TB84

Quote[/b] ]i watched that show biggrin_o.gif they allways do something fun, i m wondering in the patch could you add a fighter plane to the usa and russa perhaps only in 2005 pack, just for fun and mission makers?

We've already incorporated the F-16 (cas) instead of the A-10LGB, what kinda planes do you want to see there?

Maybe Sea Demon's MiG-29?

Just started using 1985 and I seem to have lost the ability to see my unit icons (or my own) on the map. I also have lost the green circle that highlights them when you select an F key. Is this a bug or is it intentional?

If it's intentional, how are we supposed to locate them or ourselves on the map?

Quote[/b] ]Just started using 1985 and I seem to have lost the ability to see my unit icons (or my own) on the map. I also have lost the green circle that highlights them when you select an F key. Is this a bug or is it intentional?

Logical if you use the mission editor (the same happens with default ofp), btw this would work in missions though.Check your options too and make sure that this option's enabled.

Quote[/b] ]Maybe Sea Demon's MiG-29?

Yeah good idea.

Regards

TB84

Thanks thunderbird84, I thought I had something wrong with my game, but is there any way to take that Blue Horizon out I have not Installed the DXDLL yet and when I play I feel like I am in a enclosed map with not too much light. If you need screenshots to see what I am talking about then I will take some. Is there any way I can fix that Asian Faces and BIS sky and RusFlag and Llauma Sky thing because, like I said befor they keep saying that there is an error because data.pbo was not found.

Quote[/b] ]Just started using 1985 and I seem to have lost the ability to see my unit icons (or my own) on the map.  I also have lost the green circle that highlights them when you select an F key.  Is this a bug or is it intentional?

If it's intentional, how are we supposed to locate them or ourselves on the map?

thats due to cadet and veteran mode

whilst in the editor the game switches to veteran mode unless you have just played a mission in cadet then it will stay in cadet until you close ofp

edit - i love how you have kept lag to a minimun in my case its no worse then normal ofp, i can play any mission aslong as i could manage it on default ofp this is great

Even ECP has a lot more lag then FFUR

good work

Quote[/b] ]but is there any way to take that Blue Horizon out I have not Installed the DXDLL yet and when I play I feel like I am in a enclosed map with not too much light. If you need screenshots to see what I am talking about then I will take some. Is there any way I can fix that Asian Faces and BIS sky and RusFlag and Llauma Sky thing because, like I said befor they keep saying that there is an error because data.pbo was not found.

This is due to ofp and not to FFUR, maybe ArmA would fix this blue horizon problem.

You have to know that the data problem is due to your graphic card, you have to make sure that you've a fifth graphic generation card or higher.

Btw I'd make a script that will add the faces to chinese/japanese guys without having to install the "asian faces pack".

Quote[/b] ]thats due to cadet and veteran mode

indeed.

Regards

TB84

I just tried out the 2005 pack.... Awesome job!

I tried the vulcan mission and the enemy helicopters actualy took out all 3 of my anti-air units. In the past one of the hinds will make a run against one of them and usualy looses.

hello,

Another thing i'm agree we must breath but whe you use Snipe or Binocular is too strong that move on all drirection the inertness of the weapon of binoc is very too strong sad_o.gif

And another thing the Optic of Sniper rifle are too small, the Optic and model of HK (With optic) is not beautifull

Reagrds, Exa

Quote[/b] ]I tried the vulcan mission and the enemy helicopters actualy took out all 3 of my anti-air units. In the past one of the hinds will make a run against one of them and usualy looses.

That's random, make sure to organize your AA units in order to counter the enemy attack.

Quote[/b] ]Another thing i'm agree we must breath but whe you use Snipe or Binocular is too strong that move on all drirection the inertness of the weapon of binoc is very too strong

Binocluars accuracy's level has been reduced like in real life.

If you use 'em' in the prone position then you might be able to view the enemy quite decentely.

Quote[/b] ]And another thing the Optic of Sniper rifle are too small, the Optic and model of HK (With optic) is not beautifull

Beautiful or not, this is thus far the best HK intended to replace BIS one and to be used in the modern pack.

About sniper's scopes, you have to know that we can't please everyone, the majority of people do like 'em', then we'll keep'em.

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

Sorry again for mu remark but it s because you mod it s the best and i have the will to play with it

so i think realayyyyyyyyyyyyy the ruller on the rigth of the notebook in brinfing is annoying we can't see the map !! if you don't want to change it could you give a soltion to chg Ressource.cpp or a tutaorial to do it huh.gif

Another thing the Aim MP5 is not not beautifull i ve try to vhange it in config .bin but i ve not be able to do it cause of Mag JAM.

Last a question in LLImaya Sky what is the 1.p3d it is not in orignila config ??

another thing the Optic of M21 SVD etc .. are very to small but i thnink you could'nt change it sad_o.gif

Regards Exa smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]so i think realayyyyyyyyyyyyy the ruller on the rigth of the notebook in brinfing is annoying we can't see the map !! if you don't want to change it could you give a soltion to chg Ressource.cpp or a tutaorial to do it

I expect enhancing the inventory's notebook in the goal to allow you having a better view of the map.

Regards

TB84

thxxxxxxx smile_o.gif

read the post before your answer i have add some remark

another one : the Grenande (M16 GrenLancheur) are one slot when you create a bot or player with it but is you try to rearm in truc or other you have the regular OFP grenande and more important in mission where you do have grenade ligth ammo you don't have smile_o.gif

i hope i could help smile_o.gif

PS : I ahve Modeife the config to use the last snypr Blood effetc in addition of your and it beautifull if you are intrest ask me smile_o.gif

and perapapth if you need peapole to help you i am voluntair cause it's the best remp MOD smile_o.gif

again me,

i ve play on on FDF Malden Version : autumn version of this island is the most beautifull island have ever sse i think we could try to do a version with BIS island remap for this type of climat it will be very beautifull.

Another question i have see some peapole make grass for islanrd it's possible to do like Blood effect that grass are in Config.bin ?

best regard

Quote[/b] ]another thing the Optic of M21 SVD etc .. are very to small but i thnink you could'nt change it

Already answered you -> About sniper's scopes, you have to know that we can't please everyone, the majority of people do like 'em', then we'll keep'em.

Quote[/b] ]PS : I ahve Modeife the config to use the last snypr Blood effetc in addition of your and it beautifull if you are intrest ask me

I know about it and I've already incorporated it a few months ago, but haven't kept it due to the fact it occurs a lot of lag when there are a lot of units killed at the same time.(grenade's frag...etc).

FFUR enhanced blood effect of kegetys is decent, realistic and doesn't occur any lag.

Quote[/b] ]Another question i have see some peapole make grass for islanrd it's possible to do like Blood effect that grass are in Config.bin ?

Lag.

Regards

TB84

So a last question after i don't disturb you anymore:)

What is de 1.p3d in llmax Screen ? What is the obect that represnte ?

Thc Exa

another bug, health bar it was showing about 90% and it was green but i was dead, it s a minor bug but i reported it anyway (don t remove the health bar) oh yeah i was playing multiplayer skrimish game winter ffur, i like the idea of mig-29

As i say before The Autumn Map of FINMod are very beautifull (more the WGL NRP2) So if i try to adapt the officail map for this type of saison are you interest ?

What about Serial Killers FIA units? I must say I like them much more than the Wiliec ones