Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

I'm not sure if anyone said this, but when you load a mortar onto the M16, it shows the old model.

(1985 Woodland is what I'm using)

Quote[/b] ]ZFGokuSSJ1 Posted on Nov. 07 2005,21:15I'm not sure if anyone said this, but when you load a mortar onto the M16, it shows the old model.

(1985 Woodland is what I'm using)

It is a known problem ... but there is no way to chnage that at the moment I think. Thunderbird can explain better why ! smile_o.gif

We'll cooperate with Jackal to find a way to fix this issue, we've already tried with Franze's help but unfortunately for some unknown reasons mortars didn't appear, we'll do our best to fix that in anyway.

wink_o.gif

Btw I'd like to inform you that we've improved a bunch of features and added several news ones :

-Machine guns tracers improved.

-Smoke visibility decreased.

-Added smoke to propulsed grenades (M203/GP25/GP15).

-Bouncing effect added to RGO grenades.

-Sounds improved & replaced awful sounds by new and realistic ones.

-Tanks new heavy machine guns tracers.

-New selection of grenades.

...etc...and much more...

We're currently working on incorporating "ECP chatters" scripts, and we'd maybe increase the number of "dirt particles" which occur at grenades explosions, perhaps we'd even include burning bodies scripts too, though.

smile_o.gif

But we need time to make sure that these scripts work without problems (Lag/errors/conflicts...etc).

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

The best that we can do is support them by accepting the wishes of the VME team and the Chinese government by removing the packs form public sites so that no one does actually get punished.

With all due respect - that has to be one of the most ludicrous things I've heard in a long time (including sound bites from George W).  You really want to give in to these slime balls?

The web is a --FREE-- space and if the Chinese Govt doesn't like it that's tough.  They may be able to bring down the iron curtain in their own domain but not in ours buddy - not yet anyway!  

If their govt is so hell bent against this mod they can (like many other web pipelines) deny their populace access to the information.  Wonderful way of life.

If the VME team is 'really' afraid for their safety they should delete all references to this mod from their systems and report our unholy actions to their nearest Thought Police office.

What a world.

With all due respect, thats the most ludicrous thing you could have ever said. If i had a choice between downloading Asian Crisis mod or having it removed from the net so that the VME guys wouldnt have to live in fear of arrest and whatever that may entail (and i believe that labour "correction" camps ect would not be beyond the realms of possiblity within such a closed regime as China), i'd choose the VME guys rights every time.

You talk about not giving in? What the fezzuck does it have to do with not giving in? You're not the one lined up for taking the bloody punishment for it, of course you're happy to resist, they cant touch you! How bloody selfish can you get mate, this isnt about not giving in, its about you wanting the addon, and you don't care about the consequences because the consequences will never ever touch you.

I could sit here and bang out rhetoric about resisting the evil system all day and not bowing to thier pressure. But its not me who would pay for not honouring the request of the VME team - they would.

I'm behind RKSL all the way, remove the packs from the net and bow to the wishes of VME. Who cares about a bloody addon pack for a 4 year old game. Its nothing when lined up against the lives of the VME team (i am not talking about them being killed, i am talking about thier lives being made very difficult).

Sorry if this post comes across a little strong but i feel strongly on this matter, and to tell someone (RKSL) they are being ludicrous for taking the lives of others into consideration is beyond my comprehension. I think you need to rethink where you're coming from.

Well, I somehow agree with you but please avoid launching this debate again.

And as I said a few days ago, we're well-informed and ready to take the necessary measures in the worst case.

The situation seems under total control right now so it's unnecessary to panic and to make unwise decisions.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Yes, my reply was directed at the idiocy of seminaras post. I have no worry that you will do the right thing over the VME issue if it comes down to it. Sorry for going OT in your thread.

I for one wont complain if the "burning bodies" script doesn't make it in......ever. Im having a hard time understanding why anyone would want that.

We enhanced the sniper riffles as some people requested.

SFP sniper scopes inspired me to make those.

Dragunov SVD

svd8ct.jpg

M24 Sniper Weapon System

m247hm.jpg

I hope you would like 'em'.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

I for one wont complain if the "burning bodies" script doesn't make it in......ever. Im having a hard time understanding why anyone would want that.

Heh I forget which mod had that burning bodies script, (think it was the new ECP?) but the first time the crew started running around on fire ...that was pretty freaking disturbing... then the realisation that a make believe video game was re-inacting a very disturbing element of war which actualy got to me on that level made it all that much cooler.

Paul Verhoeven once commented that the reason his movies show such high levels of violence is because it's his repsonsibility to show violence at that level, real violence *is* bad. I remember him saying something along the lines of makeing a gun fight more sanitary and easier to watch is gratuitous and wrong.

[edit] The new scopes look sweet. *goes to page 1 to see if they can be downloaded*

Yes, my reply was directed at the idiocy of seminaras post. I have no worry that you will do the right thing over the VME issue if it comes down to it. Sorry for going OT in your thread.

@Thunderbird, Sorry, I won't make this into a debate but as Pathy has felt free to address me publicly this needs to be said in public.

@Pathy:

1. I work with Amnesty International in London and as I've just come back from Palestine I think I'm safe in saying that the realities of life do stand a chance of 'touching me'.  What about yourself?

2. While I have total sympathy for the VME team (if not ALL ordinary people in China) I am also well informed of what their situation is and what they need to do to avoid 'their lives being made difficult'.  VME team - private message me if you honestly need more information.

3. The Web is a FREE space for global communication and NO government or individual has the right to tell citizens of other countries how to use it.  What the VME team are asking for is simply incorrect.  The actions they need to carry out should be made on 'their' side of the fence - but I'm not going to bother explaining this to you.

4. Your suggestion is idiotic. I don't give a damn about having this software ace - it's an excellent Mod but that's about it.  The game isn't the issue.  The free and unhindered use of the Web is.

If you want to continue this - private message me or better yet suggest a meeting time/place as we're both in the UK.

Paul Verhoeven once commented that the reason his movies show such high levels of violence is because it's his repsonsibility to show violence at that level, real violence *is* bad.  I remember him saying something along the lines of makeing a gun fight more sanitary and easier to watch is gratuitous and wrong.

@Drax, in total agreement with you. I was impressed with that script for the very same reason. Combat is bloody horrific and it's practically a crime to deny the horrors of war.

In the Intro of the Mission 24-JoinAttack : Savior when they have many explosions the Frame Rate go Under 5 FPS mad_o.gif . For Normal OFP ~18 FPS and For FDF Mod ~15 FPS for the same Intro wink_o.gif .

Hi!

I had a similiar problem: the game began to stutter and even the sound played slower than normal in some szenes (like the beginning of the SP-Mission "Battlefields").

But if I disable hardware accelaration in the audio-menu no more lag occurs. Battlefields runs very smooth now...

I coudnt really play with accelaration anyway, because I get some soundglitches due to my onboard-card sad_o.gif

Pathy please refrain from flamebaiting.

Everyone else stick to the topic in hand please, China's political situation is not the topic in hand.

Quote[/b] ]perhaps we'd even include burning bodies scripts too, though.

yeah do it do it do it, yay i love those scripts same with the ecp chatter ones biggrin_o.gif

also loving those new scopes how about some small fain scratches on them to show the weapon hasnt just been used for the first time then and there

but overall they look amazing im not sure but they seem to have a certain look to them which look extra great not sure what it is

anyway loving the mod so far and cant wait for the patches

just relised is this going to be the discussion thread all over again with "when are the patches coming" dont let it come to that

yeah do it do it do it, yay i love those scripts same with the ecp chatter ones  biggrin_o.gif

Another satisfied customer. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]how about some small fain scratches on them to show the weapon hasnt just been used for the first time then and there

These ironsights look better in game, the pics I posted don't show very well the scratches I added on them.

Quote[/b] ]just relised is this going to be the discussion thread all over again with "when are the patches coming" dont let it come to that

Well our philosophy is still the same and it will always still be the same,though.

"...Released once we estimate that we reached all wanted objectives..."

smile_o.gif

Btw, you have to know that ECP scripts are very complex and need a couple of days to be extracted, tested and used in a decent way.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Tbird, can i somehow preserve this strange noise when shooting, you know it sounds like this:

shhhh BAMBAMBAM shhhh - cut.

In my opinion that destroys the battle athmo. sad_o.gif!

i think the sound improves the atmosphere but the little wait only just cuts it down but the extra noise from it sounds great but when about 12 soldiers are all firing you dont recognise the wait

but if possible please try and get rid of it if you can

Quote[/b] ]Tbird, can i somehow preserve this strange noise when shooting, you know it sounds like this:

shhhh BAMBAMBAM shhhh - cut.

Definetly, these sounds (M16, M4, Type89 & QBZ95) have to be replaced ASAP.

we will take all of them out and will replace them by new ones directly extracted from "Military documentaries" , then will enhance 'em' off course.

smile_o.gif

Best regards

Thunderbird84

just one thing ive heard about a 100 different sounds for the M16, mostly from movies but also from other games and documantaries who claim the sounds are the real sound

the M16 sound from we were soldiers has the same as the original Ofp sound pack and from that movie from flashpoint elite its pretty much the same and sounds the same from some documantaries ive heard

and yous claims to be real (not saying it isnt) sounds nothing like them so im just wondering what is the actual sound of the M16 ?

they sound great who cares if they are or are not the real sounds

on the topic of the sounds on the reload sound i think its too short like the time it takes the soldiers to reload

you need to drop your first mag then reach for your pockets from your vest un do the buckel pull out a fresh magazine (sometime is bannged against heade for some reason) slot the new mag in and close your pocket again

which even when done by the proffesionals will take longer then in ofp (and your in the heat of combat which will slow you down a small bit even more)

We enhanced the sniper riffles as some people requested.

SFP sniper scopes inspired me to make those.

I hope you would like 'em'.

Thanks thunderbird84! - I'm actually quite impressed with those!!  smile_o.gif

just in reply to

Quote[/b] ]I for one wont complain if the "burning bodies" script doesn't make it in......ever. Im having a hard time understanding why anyone would want that.

i understand why you may say that but it just adds more realism to the game and makes the game better and making it more real because seeing some Ai loons running around on fire actually makes you think they are in pain and therfore makes you beleive the game is more real

before you start thining im a goth who likes killing things im not its just the realism i like

but you are allowed your own opinion and so am i