Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

I have noticed the silenced problem as well. It is simply not silenced and unbalances gameplay. In order to complete blackop missions, you have to avoid killing people as a whole.

I have noticed several times killing one stray patrolling russians and soon all surrounding squads no about my presence. This needs to be fixed IMO. It may be realistic, but it totally unbalances gameplay.

Can someone give us a run down on the M1A1 ammo ,it seems they don't work as they did before?How about a brief description on the ammo capabilities for this tank in FFUR 2006? :hlp:Also...do the tank battles in the previous ffur mods behave the same as 2006?..ie long drawn out tank fight?(which I really like btw)

I agree that the sound needs a bit of work.... You can hear a bullet hitting a targets body from over 200meters away, apart from the silencer issues....

I like the way the AI react to advancing targets once you've innitiated the combat. I was in Entre testing out the mod when a T80 was there protecting the flagg. It killed me twice and then I prepared a little more carefully after respawn. Once I made it back over the hill to Entre, the tank was gone. I noticed that there was alot of fire coming from Montignac, it was the opposition taking the town. It appeared that the T80 previously protecting that flagg had rushed to Monti to join his AI ally's against the other forces. Once I took the flag at Entre, he came back to retake the town he is scripted to protect, but not alone....

I would hate to see these type of unpredictable AI actions replaced by somthing easier and more predictable. However I do agree that the silencers are WAY to loud, I also noticed this with grenade blasts and the ability to hear a bullet entering sombody from as close as 200 meters to as far as 1000 meters away.

Ok just got an bug of what not here. The SEF Humvs that iv used on the 2005 version worked fine not an problem, now on ur 2006 version iv dl SEF Humvs and used them only to find out that the other units for the back seats they are standing up in there seats. But i dl Combats Humvs and they sit in there seats just fine??? But for some reason SEF Humvs they stand up when there to be seating, u can see there heads out of the humve and there legs lol. Saying this because the Humvs worked just fine on ur 2005 why not 2006. Need the SEF Humvs for Desert missions plz help with this. You should know plz help address this issue.

Was it really necessary to quote that here? Nice to see my name, though. biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, create a shortcut of your FlashpointResistance program, and paste -nomap and -nosplash after the -mod=FFUR (which should be OUTSIDE the "x"s)

No, not necessary nener.gif But makes my message appear more important yay.gif Thank´s for the help anyway thumbs-up.gif And that goes for you too Greg147 biggrin_o.gif

Please don't do it.

has anyone else noticed all of the bis campaigns are broken with FFUR 2006? I haven't tried the resistance campaign yet but CWC and Red Hammer are both broken now with FFUR. I have nothing but FFUR installed (i even did a seperate install on a completely different hard drive) and the campaign missions and most of the default single missions don't work ...ie events happen way out of sync...missions don't end etc...any suggestions ?

No, i cant confirm this problems. Campaigns and missions working fine with FFUR2006 when i`m not using other than needed addons.

I know that with the ACU config the CWC is broken from the first mission.

Another bug with the suppressed M4 is that the shot seems to travel too slow. It seems to be traveling at the same rate as the subsonic 9mm round that the MP5SD was firing.

Considering that subsonic 5.56x45 hits about as hard as .22lr, combined with the fact that the loud noise and "coming from all directions" effect of supersonic bullet flight makes it very difficult to pinpoint the shooter, there's no reason to use subsonic ammunition in an M4. It doesn't help that subsonic ammunition probably wouldn't cycle the M4 action anyway.

I also have had problems with the enemy pinpointing my location when firing suppressed firearms. In the Lone Wolf standalone mission, I shot the two-man patrol outside the compound. The base then went on alert, and a couple of guards who ran out to the entrance at the far end of the compound saw me hidden in my bush and promptly shot me from that entrance. So I can say for sure they have no trouble identifying a shooter firing suppressed from under a bush at long range at early dawn.

But enough complaining for the moment. Great mod! I'm looking forward to the updates.

I know that with the ACU config the CWC is broken from the first mission.

I`m using FFUR 2006 with ACU config from the first day and had no problem with it. huh.gif

Is the M249 in FFUR 2006 - Modern War Crisis made by the ffur team or is it by another one?

Is the M249 in FFUR 2006 - Modern War Crisis made by the ffur team or is it by another one?

nope, its the BOH M249

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]Can someone give us a run down on the M1A1 ammo ,it seems they don't work as they did before?How about a brief description on the ammo capabilities for this tank in FFUR 2006?

M1A2 : M256 120mm Cannon/ M829E3 APFSDS-T/ M1028 APAM-T/ M943 STAFF-T

Quote[/b] ]Well, he did mention that it was with a silencer "M4A1 SD". So there seem to be a problem.

AI hearing has been increased, that's why enemy units are 'so' efficient during combats, even against SF units.

However, The M4 SD isn't that silenced, humans could even hear it at 200 feet in real life.

But as previously said, several enhancements are envisaged.

Quote[/b] ]Ok just got an bug of what not here. The SEF Humvs that iv used on the 2005 version worked fine not an problem, now on ur 2006 version iv dl SEF Humvs and used them only to find out that the other units for the back seats they are standing up in there seats.

This is simply due to the fact that 'Default humves seat animations' have been updated by CBT seat anims.

Quote[/b] ]has anyone else noticed all of the bis campaigns are broken with FFUR 2006? I haven't tried the resistance campaign yet but CWC and Red Hammer are both broken now with FFUR.

BIS campaigns have been tested more than once by several people and nobody experienced such a problem thus far.

All missions can more or less be coordinated, and safely accomplished.

Quote[/b] ]Another bug with the suppressed M4 is that the shot seems to travel too slow.

Almost all firearms ammo are based on WGL data base which in my judgement is the most realistic carried out thus far.

we can trust it so far.

Btw, small update of the ACU camo.

-Fixed the size of the patches (Left/Right arms).

-Enhanced the digital camo.

-Enhanced the helmet.

More improvements are envisaged for the next incoming days.

sanstitre45vw.jpg

And hopefully, the M1A2 and some US weapons will be updated as well.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

-Enhanced the helmet.

Great, i love to play with this ACU troops.

Thank you. thumbs-up.gif

Hi,

sanstitre45vw.jpg

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

One small thing, flags on the U.S. soldiers,sailors,airmen, coast guard, reserves/guard and Marines always will be point rearward(As in the blue/with stars forward) on the right shoulder. The above pic, stripes pointed forward.

http://www.marlowwhite.com/faq-why-is-the-flag-patch-reversed.html

Not a earth shattering issue, just something I always seem to take note of, that and a Marine in the family, he always points the little things out to me.

Was just about to point that out. It's all the little things that count thumbs-up.gif

Yes very nice, although the Explosion Effects tend to kill my Computer ( and a petrol Sation going up tends to kill Servers ive noticed)

Eeewwww Quoting Images...Slap

Hi,
Quote[/b] ]Can someone give us a run down on the M1A1 ammo ,it seems they don't work as they did before?How about a brief description on the ammo capabilities for this tank in FFUR 2006?

M1A2 : M256 120mm Cannon/ M829E3 APFSDS-T/ M1028 APAM-T/ M943 STAFF-T

Quote[/b] ]Well, he did mention that it was with a silencer "M4A1 SD". So there seem to be a problem.

AI hearing has been increased, that's why enemy units are 'so' efficient during combats, even against SF units.

However, The M4 SD isn't that silenced, humans could even hear it at 200 feet in real life.

But as previously said, several enhancements are envisaged.

Quote[/b] ]Ok just got an bug of what not here. The SEF Humvs that iv used on the 2005 version worked fine not an problem, now on ur 2006 version iv dl SEF Humvs and used them only to find out that the other units for the back seats they are standing up in there seats.

This is simply due to the fact that 'Default humves seat animations' have been updated by CBT seat anims.

Quote[/b] ]has anyone else noticed all of the bis campaigns are broken with FFUR 2006? I haven't tried the resistance campaign yet but CWC and Red Hammer are both broken now with FFUR.

BIS campaigns have been tested more than once by several people and nobody experienced such a problem thus far.

All missions can more or less be coordinated, and safely accomplished.

Quote[/b] ]Another bug with the suppressed M4 is that the shot seems to travel too slow.

Almost all firearms ammo are based on WGL data base which in my judgement is the most realistic carried out thus far.

we can trust it so far.

-Enhanced the helmet.

More improvements are envisaged for the next incoming days.

sanstitre45vw.jpg

And hopefully, the M1A2 and some US weapons will be updated as well.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

No No No...what I meant was,can you gives us a description on HOW to use the different Ammo in the M1a1...??...seems they don't work as they should or did.Loading an mpat says 0 in loadout,apam doesn't do anything when fired(took about 3-4 rounds to kill a fuel truck with them) and the staffs aren't killing either???The only rounds that are working properly are the sabots?This is on a fresh install of OPFLASH.Did something go wrong in my install or are these simply not working as they did in the original scipts for the M1a1 tank Mod?Or is it that we have to do something speacial to activate the ammo scripts? huh.gif

The ACU looks great much better then the previous version.

Also just my thought that the smoke after tanks blow up seems to shallow normally it would expand as t goes up much more then it does in this it kind of expands but not enough. Also what happened about the fire effects appear as if there trying to escape from the tank that you showed in that video before it looked as if the fire was trying tog et out of the tank from the inside now it looks as if theirs just a fire.

Still looks great though and cant wait for the patch Good work

Please avoid quoting images.

Quote[/b] ]One small thing, flags on the U.S. soldiers,sailors,airmen, coast guard, reserves/guard and Marines always will be point rearward(As in the blue/with stars forward) on the right shoulder. The above pic, stripes pointed forward.

Cheers for pointing that out, noticed that a while ago too but thought that it was due to a kind of 'photo perspective'. :-p

Quote[/b] ]although the Explosion Effects tend to kill my Computer ( and a petrol Sation going up tends to kill Servers ive noticed)

Make sure your system has the requirements needed to run FFUR, and gaz station explosion effects don't cause any issues online.

Several servers were running or are still running several mods that use'em and there's no major complaints about'em so far.

Quote[/b] ]n you gives us a description on HOW to use the different Ammo in the M1a1...??...seems they don't work as they should or did.Loading an mpat says 0 in loadout,apam doesn't do anything when fired

You have to be commander in order to get the ability of changing shells ammo, the lack of ammunitions will be fixed asap.

Btw, it's an M1A2, the updated variant of the M1A1. :-)

Quote[/b] ]but can you lower the goggles on player models in FFUR2006?

no its a shame aswell

People have requested to take it out a while ago because of its uselessness.

Quote[/b] ] Also what happened about the fire effects appear as if there trying to escape from the tank that you showed in that video before it looked as if the fire was trying tog et out of the tank from the inside now it looks as if theirs just a fire.

This has been taken out because of some serious FPS drop problems during MBT combats.

Cheers for the kind words, hopefully the ACU camo (like the rest of stuff) will get more enhancements within the next days...

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

About lowering the goggles... isnt there a command that will do it though?? you cant even Animation it?? i forgot the command. but i know its not in the action menu.

I got a couple of things that would be nice for your FFUR updates.

-RG-31 Mine Protective Vehicle

-Strykers

-Khaki/Tan gloves

-Shoulder kevlar on ACU models

-ACU Vest (Woodland is kind of outdated, you did a good job on the Officer model on FFUR2006 when it came to the ACU Vest, all other models had woodland camo)

-ACU is made specific so that the collar won't get in the way of the kevlar vests around the neck. They are able to fold up to create a ring around the neck. You can kind of see it on the last image.

----Other then that, the model is almost perfect. I like the ACU hydration system you added along with the obvious knee pads. Great job!

RG-31MineProtectiveVehicle.jpg

ACU2.jpg

ACU1.jpg

ACU.jpg

[Photos sourced from www.army.mil]

About lowering the goggles... isnt there a command that will do it though?? you cant even Animation it?? i forgot the command. but i know its not in the action menu.

Landwarrior, it is on the action menu (if you mean the one that has reload, sit, salute...etc...) for some other models other than these. I believe the HYK U.S. Infantry models and BAS DERA Troops had it.