Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Its good.

I personally like the music that was played in flash fax ffur 3.5 intro, the music from the movie blackhawk down.

mod combos I'd like to see just a wish but useing the new ffur to come out, combined with wgl5's explosians, ecps grenades, and guy on fire animation, and dsai, bn tracers, and some other ones I don't recall at the moment. inlove.gif

BHD is still in it i think the main tune is int it and another one i think

nice avatar julian wink_o.gif

alien! tounge2.gif

i prefer predator though wink_o.gif

"Srry folks offtopic"

the current music sounds nice though when you start FFUR smile_o.gif

I have compared the FFUR islands with the regular ones and the ARE DIFFERENT!

If you think you can just overwrite your Worlds folder with the FFUR ones then you are going to find yourself getting kicked from servers with modified islands/worlds. There appears to be less folage in the woods with the FFUR versions of these islands. You can practically see right through woodlines. Not to say the do not look good, just saying they are different and will get you booted from servers for use without the FFUR mod. Not to mention this may cause lag to the server. Although I hope thats not the case cause once this patch comes out we'll be running em on ours, and you know people are gonna play with all kinds of different islands /sigh.

Thats why as I suggested in an earlier post.... reinstall OFP to another directory and use it solely for your FFUR addons. This way you don't have to worry about changing world folders just to play a game.

There's also an early mission in the PMC Fury campaign that can't be played with the low-rez island pack. The chopper carrying your squad at the beggining of the mission will hit the trees over a particular forest. I replayed it about 5 times in a row and it hit each time.

I've decided to just use hi-rez texture islands (the new hi-rez Malden and two others I got -AGES- ago) which don't touch the foilage.

Thanks prodetar2, I like the predator also, I wish the guys working on the AVP mod would further develop it.  I do too like the existing 2006 music, the screen flickering is annoying and you can't read anything in the editor screen, I'm sure TB is changing all that, this is old news.

You know what.,.,... I've been playing this game since it came out, and I have to really say I love all you guys:love:  for the imput, and all the hardwork put into keeping this game at the level ofplay that it is! I'm really looking forward to this patch TB has got some real dedication to this game, real heart, to do what he's doing of course, in a way we all helpedin some way.

mmmm i think the patch is getting delayed because TB is seeing at Zizou in the World Cup tounge2.gif

There's also an early mission in the PMC Fury campaign that can't be played with the low-rez island pack. The chopper carrying your squad at the beggining of the mission will hit the trees over a particular forest. I replayed it about 5 times in a row and it hit each time.

I've decided to just use hi-rez texture islands (the new hi-rez Malden and two others I got -AGES- ago) which don't touch the foilage.

FFUR's Islands, due to using different foliage types to the regular island, causes A) Incompatibility to MP games (it sense that the config has been changed) and B) AI Problems, as OFP's AI is very fussy. If you want to try FFUR's Islands, I would backup the original ones first. If you have already overwritten; look around your CWC CD, theyre in it somewhere so you dont have to reinstall to get them back

mmhmm.. it was more of a heads up. I had everything backed up (been playing OpFlash off and on since release).

And seeing as I've been gone for a little bit, I went back to around page 100 and read forward about 30-40 pages trying to see if there's been a solution for the tank in the Euro pack that's immune to satchels and mines. I remember someone who worked on it saying it was due to a lod issue with the tank it'self. That leads me to believe one can fix it by d/l'ing a new version of the same tank...?

I was going to replay the resistance campaign and the euro pack, to me, seems perfect for it. smile_o.gif

There hasnt been any updates to Euro, at least none that I can remember. A new version is in work at the mo though.

Thanks prodetar2, I like the predator also, I wish the guys working on the AVP mod would further develop it.  I do too like the existing 2006 music, the screen flickering is annoying and you can't read anything in the editor screen, I'm sure TB is changing all that, this is old news.

You know what.,.,... I've been playing this game since it came out, and I have to really say I love all you guys:love:  for the imput, and all the hardwork put into keeping this game at the level ofplay that it is! I'm really looking forward to this patch TB has got some real dedication to this game, real heart, to do what he's doing of course, in a way we all helpedin some way.

yeah im already talking to nephillim from the usmc mod (avpmod) and im not sure if shes willing to give me some buildings got to see in next PM

on-topic:

everytime i start ffur i get somekind of error report something about value... think its got to do with a addon not sure but with this little error i can hold my mouse exactly on what i want to do most of the time edit then press enter, click twice on edit while cutscene, scroll down and select right island biggrin_o.gif done and averted following entire cutscene

tounge2.gif

I have compared the FFUR islands with the regular ones and the ARE DIFFERENT!

they are supposed to be differant they use newer textures and foliage

Of course they are suppose to be different. I was mearly posting for in responce to checkers post The "new islands" are not new. They are the old ones, just with higher resolution trees and nature. So just compare the old Everon with the new and you should be able to see a difference. They are not listed as extra islands, so you are just able to play the normal version or the FFUR-version of the islands by overwriting the files in the "worlds"-folder.

Guest Ti0n3r

How about replacing some of the explosion sound effects with those from OFP:Elite? They are the best ones ever wink_o.gif

What about the AK sound effects? Do you think you'll replace them?

Anyway, cheers smile_o.gif

last beta i had already had some exchanged sounds, the AKs and M16/4s sounded pretty well to me as the rest of the guns.

Of course they are suppose to be different. I was mearly posting for in responce to checkers post
The "new islands" are not new. They are the old ones, just with higher resolution trees and nature. So just compare the old Everon with the new and you should be able to see a difference. They are not listed as extra islands, so you are just able to play the normal version or the FFUR-version of the islands by overwriting the files in the "worlds"-folder.

I was just answering froggyluvs question. He couldnt get the Islands working and wanted to do that without FFUR, if i understand him correctly.

And i thought that the islands infact were working and that he simply didnt notice...

I know that replacing the .wrp files will get you kicked from servers. But that was not the problem.

But what i didnt know was that you can get the islands working in a modfolder. I thought you need to replace the files. So please explain me how to get them to work within a modfolder. That would be good to know smile_o.gif

uh oh were on page 2, any news or status of the patch, how many times has that been asked?  oooh please don't slap me!

I'd like to know not eta, but what is TB and the gang currently doing.

uh oh were on page 2, any news or status of the patch, how many times has that been asked? oooh please don't slap me!

I'd like to know not eta, but what is TB and the gang currently doing.

The patch is more or less finished and they are betatesting right now. Maybe some changes here and there so that we get as most a polished version as possible.

one quick question, is there any way to use the original soundtracks? as opposed to the ones supplied by ffur? im loving the mod, its just that the music really doesnt float my boat, no offense! and i always loved the music from the original.

great mod you got here, i love it, i havent played red hammer or resistance and only just got them, so this'll make playing them more greater...

Hitomaro!

I liked the original Operation Flashpoint music too so if you like it i will explain how to get it back. Backup everything you will replace because something can go wrong smile_o.gif.

First go to your Opf directory and go to DTA folder. Find the music.pbo copy it and paste in your ffur dta ffolder(backup the furr music.pbo because it can go wrong).This one will only get the Operation Flashpoint music back no the resistance one. I have made my own soundtrack for the resistance tracks if you want it i could send it to you!  smile_o.gif