Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

the mod always crashes and i read somewhere that it was to do with the death animations, any idea how to turn the death animations off?

or any temporary fix that stops the crashing?

the mod always crashes and i read somewhere that it was to do with the death animations, any idea how to turn the death animations off?

Does the flashpoint.rpt say anything specific?

As for "turning off" the animations, ouch. they are defined in the config file. No easy way to do that. As to "work-around", only way is to not use the mod, sorry. They incorporated quite a few new animations and pulling them out of the config entirely so you just used the standard OFP ones is possible, but since it's not simply copy/paste the animation section only I'm not sure how far you're willing to go. If any soldier/vehicle references the animation definition(s) then you'd be looking at a very unpleasant time indeed.

Is there any particular point that it always happens? Is it repeatable to the extent that a certain mission does it?

"always crashes" is kind of ambiguous.

im not sure wether its the death animations which cause it, basically it seems to happen when npcs die. Not all npcs, random ones.

Is there a patch or anything which fixes this problem ?

are you using their "latest and greatest" 2006 ffur?

nope, that's the monster I'm dissecting at the moment.

Quote[/b] ]im not sure wether its the death animations which cause it, basically it seems to happen when npcs die. Not all npcs, random ones.

Is there a patch or anything which fixes this problem ?

Yes the death animations are causing this and so are the sky packs.

There is no easy way to disable the effects apart from messing with the config.bin or the ffur_anim.pbo config.cpp.

There is a patch to fix this, it has not ben released but i dont think it will be so long from what everyone here is saying.

So just sit tight and wait patiently for the patch. Hope it helps.

are you using their "latest and greatest" 2006 ffur?

cant u be more then a big whiner?

theyre doing the best they can for US so dont bother with minor issues

who cares that damage values are higher? i dont and i havent heared anyone else say anything about it

its fine as it is and if you dont like how it is

just go to another MOD and whine there

Quantum:

First, you have to know that the ammunition values have been reworked since several people have reported that they were against the fact that several bullets were needed to take out a 'human', these values were based on WGL ones, though.

Secondly, as previously stated (more than once), we try to balance realism and gameplay in order to avoid breaking BIS missions, that's why several lines in the cfgammo have been modified. (as you reported).

Thirdly, if you get a look at the previous pages, you would notice various informations about the enhancements and the improvements that have been carried out since the last release.

Moreover, we are working very hard with a close cooperation with a bunch of skilled 'Realism-maniacs' beta-testers in order to increase the level of the realism but by establishing some limits to avoid breaking BIS story lines.

Quote[/b] ]I'm going to optimize this for myself but you might want to look at just how loopy these events are being handled. You have a lot of "drop" calls taking place but you have them spread out over a lot of different scripts, consolidate these down to a single call and streamline what you're trying to do.

Negative, the way the scripts have been implemented to the Eventhandlers is wanted in order to allow us removing'em fairly easily if necessary.

Quote[/b] ]And no, not trying to be a complete ass about it, but I know the authors of some of those works you used spent a hell of a lot more time making the single mod you pulled then you spent on the compilation as a whole. Bad form FFUR, bad form.

Heh, Best to ignore such comments because you seem having no clue about the work that has been carried out even with the lack of time that several of us do experience, we have real life occupations as well.

And if you dislike that much our way of work, then there would be nothing I could do to make you 'happy', feel free to use any other mod you want or just go ahead, and make yours.

Quote[/b] ]the mod always crashes and i read somewhere that it was to do with the death animations, any idea how to turn the death animations off?

Please get a look at the previous pages, all of 'bugs, errors...' etc have been reported more than once, and as already said, the next patch would hopefully fix all of them.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

LoL TB, handeled Quantom very good . .

I think if I were you I would slash his throat . .but that just me  wink_o.gif

I was wondering, is the russian AT soldier is equipped with AK74M or with SU ?

btw, I know the game is 'realistic' but sometimes the target is 10 feet from me and I shoot him while i'm prone and the bullet just dosn't hit him ! Is it a bug or I am so lame in aiming ? {after playing OFP for 5 years}

mad_o.gif that quamtum guy talked to you Tb like you were doing this for money and not for free, how many ungrateful people are in the world ! banghead.gif

keep it up with the good work ! firefoxlover.gif

I think throat-slashing is a bit extreme in this case. Perhaps 50 lashes with a wet noodle?

Quantam:

I dont like starting disagreements here, but that post (EDIT: Those Posts) just pissed me off.

1) Youre claiming that the mod is horribly unrealistic because: Russian bullets are more powerful than American. Leaving aside that alot of sources about ammunition claim that 5.45 bullets are more powerful, which means that its the source's fault not the modder's, who cares? I dont know about you, but when I play OFP, I either shoot my target in the head, where any bullet will have the same effect, or I riddle them with so much ammo that isnt a problem. The individual damage power of a single bulet is so irrelevant that its hardly enough to label the mod as completely unrealistc.

2) As TB84 said, the damamge values are the same as WGL5 (I even checked this myself) If youre gona say that FFUR is unrealistic for the damage values, then youre saying that WGL is unrealistic too which is, sorry too say, stupid.

3) According to you, FFUR is innacurate because...the 9x39mm Russian round (based on AK-47 bullet) is more powerful than a subsonic 5.56mm. Mmm....I wonder where TB84 got that idea whistle.gif

4) AT Rounds: If you bother reading the thread you'll know that there has to be a balance between realism and playabilty, cause you can all the realism in the world, and if the game wont play properly then theres no point. AT rockets and tank shells are one example of this. Im sure you'd also complain if we had full power SABOTs and they ruined all the missions.

5) If the above really bothers you that much, get WGL. Dont complain here that this mod doesnt suit you.

6) Most Importantly of All : If you have a problem with something, there is no need to be so rude to Thunderbird. Maybe if you sat down and tried to make a full total conversion mod from scratch you'd see that shit does sometimes happens. Its not as if youre paying for this. People like Thunderbird work their asses off to get work like this done, and let me tell you, Ive been using this mod since the start and a fuckload of work has been put into this. Theres no need to be so rude and agressive just because you dont like some damage values and a script or whatever confused_o.gif

Rant concluded

EDIT: @Triumph; Nah, Id say 100 hours of obligitory BF2 playing. ofplover.gif

@Mp_phonix: Chillax Dude!

@Triumph; Nah, Id say 100 hours of obligitory BF2 playing.

That would fall under the category of "cruel and unusual punishment."

I agree... when ya decide to post on a forum that has over 250 pages, it's prob best to read up before you decide to post a bunch of crap that half of which has been discussed multiple times on this forum. <takes a deep breath> He didn't even know there was a patch coming out and thats what this whole forums been talking about for the last 260 pages at least lol crazy_o.gif

You must be a smoker. Only one sentence and you needed a deep breath. rofl.gif j/k man.

Quantium just needs to STFU. banghead.gif

I'm happy to report I havent had a single CTD yet and ive been testing this for a week.

Well, I'm happy anyways. That CTD prob was killing me.  biggrin_o.gif

@Quantum

Enough of your dumb posts.

wow hmm member sense march 2003 but only 17 posts and most of them are retarded

( i thought i was a noob once in awhile but damned if im wrong crazy_o.gif )

(on topic0

love this mod sense it was released and its very fun and i love the death animations ( never had a ctd before in the time ive used this being sense the day it was released)

cant wait for the patch even though not had any problems

good work and keep it up to the entire team

and a big heart felled apologie to thunderbird from the entire community( excluding quantum) for the past pages certain childish and rude comments thumbs-up.gif

edit i believe we should stop the flame war even though im sure quantum will keep it going but anyways before this topic gets closed and the modders come and start beating ppl with virtual riot gear tounge2.gif

a "patch" eh? thank god for diff

I suggest, a moderator would raise Quantums warning level for his discouraging comments.

Good criticism is always welcome in this forum, but it's important to keep a polite form.

People who divide, discourage or destroy our community should be banned from this forum after they've been warned.

PS. @Quantum: The next flaming comment would be enough for me to report your posts to mods. (Preferably Placebo)

guys, stop this offtopic spreading...

we should ignore THAT kind of people.

P.S. damn, i'm so refreshed after all night job this time, not like first time, very strange, today's night i'll work again and i'm in good mood smile_o.gif

maybe i'm becoming work holic...

nah, it's for Arma! Better PC, better playability! What things you can't do to satisfy your addiction... biggrin_o.gif

I'm happy to report I havent had a single CTD yet and ive been testing this for a week.

Well, I'm happy anyways. That CTD prob was killing me.  biggrin_o.gif

@Quantum

Enough of your dumb posts.

How did you manage that!? What did you do?.