Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

It's not finished. I tested it, found out the bugs etc and now TB is fixing it, and the others and me will test again. :P

With all the trouble I've been having trying to get the grenadier to use a M4/M203, I'm hoping the next version of FFUR has that standard, and if not standard at least as part of a seperate config.

As its been a nightmare trying to figure out how to get it to work on my end, and even then its still not 100%, managed to get it to fire different 40mm grenades (ie: not the FFUR ones, was using SJB's 40mm.)

But even when changing the magazine defines for the "M16" the thing still won't work properly (doesn't recognise the mags?)

So I've pretty much given up hope on getting it to work on my end, but I'm sure T-bird would very likely be to get it to work flawlessly. Now I can only hope hes included a M4-only config for FFUR.

With all the trouble I've been having trying to get the grenadier to use a M4/M203, I'm hoping the next version of FFUR has that standard, and if not standard at least as part of a seperate config.

As its been a nightmare trying to figure out how to get it to work on my end, and even then its still not 100%, managed to get it to fire different 40mm grenades (ie: not the FFUR ones, was using SJB's 40mm.)

But even when changing the magazine defines for the "M16" the thing still won't work properly (doesn't recognise the mags?)

So I've pretty much given up hope on getting it to work on my end, but I'm sure T-bird would very likely be to get it to work flawlessly. Now I can only hope hes included a M4-only config for FFUR.

I've been working on the Y2k3 Mod config for a while now and I got the Grenadiers to use an M4\M203 with no problems. All US soldiers are equiped with M4's in my little project.

WGL5 was just released and the particle effects are just jaw dropping, seriously amazing stuff. I think FFUR would be BEYOND PERFECT if it had some of the WGL5 FX mixed in. Not a request, but a thought. I can't wait for the 2006 patch, I can't thank you enough TB!

Admitedly, I think some of the Flash FX are somewhat cartoony, I intend on making my own config for WGL that incorporates some FFUR elements (mainly new units and vehicles)

Admitedly, I think some of the Flash FX are somewhat cartoony, I intend on making my own config for WGL that incorporates some FFUR elements (mainly new units and vehicles)

I would be very interested in getting your config! smile_o.gif

Quite definatly. I have modded most of the mods Ive used (that includes all the FFUR's back as far as version 3 or 4)

People are moding mods ?? biggrin_o.gif

I would like to see a mix of FFUR 2006 and WGL5.

The WGL5 mod with it`s old units will not be played by me.

the sky of the WGL vid looks really nice and realistic it just adds that little detail wich makes everything look like "wooow"

smile_o.gif

its just that WGL5 uses the standerd units and that isnt my favourite look sad_o.gif

the units of FFUR for example smile_o.gif

new modern units altough it surely noticing it looks what ch_123 said cartoony

but anyways ty for the update about the patch wink_o.gif

WGL uses standard units cause its designed for Multiplayer. Fancy units like the ones in FFUR cause lag. However, check out their units mods based on the DMA Army Pack. Here

Speaking of which, I notice when using the DMA Army Pack with WGL5 there seems to be a error associated with the googles that has them in a strange position on the helmet ie: non-centered.

Looks kinda retarded, but I guess its no "big" deal if your getting sick of the "ugly" BIS-like units they have in it.

Units are one thing though, personally I'd like to see the weapons replaced aswell, as 99% of the weps in WGL5 are fugly.

What would be nice though is the new ACU units for the latest FFUR patch (when released) in WGL5, now that'd be seriously kick-ass (aswell, if possible, SJB weapons pack + better loadouts for SF/Rangers etc.)

Hi,

I admit that some of 'FlashFx' effects aren't that realistic and they tend to cause various lag issues when they are used with extra 'scripts', but as stated more than once in the past, almost all 'FlashFx' scripts and cfgcloudlets have been taken out or completely reworked, especially for the last FFUR Packs (FFUR 2006 and FFUR Euro) as you probably have already noticed.

WGL5 Tank explosion effects are amazing and they are probably the most realistic ones carried out thus far, because they simulate very well the combination between 'Dust & smoke', even with the little lack of 'flames'.

Actually, we are working on combining these Fx in order to grab a balanced and realistic tank's explosion script, but by keeping the 'turrets blowing off' script random, though.

More informations and screenshots will be available soon.

Quote[/b] ]Fancy units like the ones in FFUR cause lag

They cause lag when they are used as 'Standalone' instead of BIS models without being 'cleaned', and the 'Light config' that only changes models work very well on 'low' systems.

Anyway, as previously reported, the FFUR 2006 patch would enhance a lot the realism aspect as it would enhance the gameplay as well.

Thanks for the kind words everyone,btw.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

how much realistic is it going to be ? you know, I dont want an russian tanguska shooting down my heli from 4000 meters . . .

The Tunguska has been discussed many times a while ago, please get a look at the previous pages to avoid asking the same question several times.

And as already said, more detailed informations and media files will be available as soon as the patch would be totally complete.

smile_o.gif

Regards,

Thunderbird84

I didnt mess around with Tunguska that much when I was beta testing, but I played against the Bradley-Linebacker and I must say its been implemented very well. It doesnt make the missions impossible, but will stop you making suicidal runs against them, and requires you to fire from cover and use the helicopter to its potential

Thanks TB! It's really good to know that you're mixing in some WGL5 effects (or wgl-esque), they really look amazing, especially their flames. Keep up the good work! biggrin_o.gif

Sorry if it was already answered but isn't the water supposed to have splashes when dropimg a bomb or some missiles in it?

Sorry if it was already answered but isn't the water supposed to have splashes when dropimg a bomb or some missiles in it?

I don't think that this effect has anything to do with FFUR pack . .maybe DXDLL . .

No, it is meant to. All I can think of in terms of water effects is if your plane crashes. try doing that to see if its not a problem with your PC

the mod always crashes and i read somewhere that it was to do with the death animations, any idea how to turn the death animations off?

or any temporary fix that stops the crashing?

Ok, nice compilation of mods and well done on getting it all organized. Kudos for the hard work.

but...

At what point did you decide the RPG or even the M136AT4 (LAW replacement) did more damage than say, TANK ROUNDS?!  550 dmg for an RPG;

FFUR_Sabot120......dmg=380

FFUR_Staff120........dmg=125

FFUR_Apam....(this round is messed up, you have dmg=10 but only 1 round is fired, no Burst= setting. If you're doing this via script I'd like to know where you're catching it, because the vehicle M1Abrams doesn't have a Fired event handler installed that does anything but the tracer effect and the light show)

FFUR_Mpat.... [no entry, which is jacked because the vehicle M1Abrams entry has it listed as a magazine.] I added this round into the 'class CfgAmmo' section. Unless it was your intention that the M1A-series not fire any HEAT rounds, which would be odd.

Back to the issue at hand. Why did you make man-portable AT rounds' damage values so high?

In this same vein, I noticed under headings like "FFUR real-world values" you have all kinds of numbers, and a whole lot missing. I'll elucidate:

Almost every rifle you had inherit from Riffle, except for the odd russian weapon here and there. No initspeed= values for almost all of them. After spending about 6 hours surfing I found all but a couple of the muzzle velocity values, and those I couldn't find were for some of the more esoteric rounds you have in the config file.

You have every russian round I compared doing 10+% more damage than their U.S. counterpart round. With a russian value of 10 on some and the U.S./NATO round doing 7, that's a 30% bonus to the russian round.

You have the 5.45 doing significantly more damage than the 5.56, which general research regarding gelatin testing and pig-shooting proved to be false. The 5.45 has a very low probability of fragmenting at any range whereas the 5.56 has a very good chance of generating 3 fragments on impact. [ballistics and wound assessment testing]. The russian 5.45 was found to tumble, as does the 5.56, but the 5.45 wound stretching was found to be negligible in comparison to the 5.56. Range was a factor for the 5.56 round, but results still proved the 5.45 to be significantly less lethal unless it struck the heart or liver (the liver being less resilient and therefore more prone to ripping when stretched), and it did shatter on impact with bone. This is only one such example of misrepresented values.

You have U.S. weapons firing russian ammunition.

You have both russian and U.S. weapons firing the wrong calibre rounds. (which goes to the previous point).

You have russian silenced ammunition doing significantly more damage than U.S./NATO non-SD ammo.

I'm not sure what you mean in the config when you comment block out a section and say it's supposed to be real-world values when I can find no normalization to any of the values. If you picked a round, say the 7.62 x 51 mm NATO, and made it do dmg=10 then based the other values around that, that would have at least made some sense.

You tout the FFUR as a realism mod and yet there are huge discrepancies and no baseline values.

As I said at first, good work on bringing all these mods together and making it functional.

But please, until you've actually spent some serious time making adjustments and researching available real-world data, don't put "realism" anywhere in your FFUR adds/posts, it's not right. Many others have spent inordinate amounts of time researching and attempting to implement values that give the OFP engine reactions in-game that mimic as best they can the real-world. You're complete disregard by making the same claim is disrespectful.

Your first line;

"New realistic Game play Aspect enhancements. (Ammunitions, AI, loadouts..etc)"

Normalize the values, double-check weapon/ammo usage, don't presume or enforce the idea that russian material sets the standard; de-facto or otherwise.

I've spent the last two days going through your config and after finding these issues I was just aggrevated. Don't piss on the works of those mods you pulled into this compilation. You seemed to have just thrown them in, in some places.

So overall;

9/10 for getting it all together, still some pieces missing but I can do that myself.

1/10 for research and implementation of data

0/10 for claiming realistic values when they're not.

[btw: a couple of the m/s values you have, exceed the threshold where the metal used in the actual round would vaporize when fired] (ok, maybe not that bad, but very damn close)

And no, not trying to be a complete ass about it, but I know the authors of some of those works you used spent a hell of a lot more time making the single mod you pulled then you spent on the compilation as a whole. Bad form FFUR, bad form.

banghead.gif

The convoluted nature of your events for TANK is surely adding unneeded overhead:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class EventHandlers

{

init="_this exec ""\ffur_effects\tank.sqs""";

fired="_this call loadFile {\ffur_effects\tracer\firedEH.sqf};";

killed="_this exec ""\ffur_effects\tank\boom.sqs""";

};

I'm going to optimize this for myself but you might want to look at just how loopy these events are being handled. You have a lot of "drop" calls taking place but you have them spread out over a lot of different scripts, consolidate these down to a single call and streamline what you're trying to do. I know you pulled these in from earlier works but come on guys, copy/paste just means unnecessary calls and can lead to the dreaded flashpoint.rpt entry.