Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

More believable loadouts

I find it entirely unconvincing to enter a Campaign or Single Player mission with only 3-4 magazines of ammo, yet I have 5-6 grenades to toss around. If possible, please increase all loadouts to include at least seven magazines' worth of ammo, and 2-3 grenades. After all, what soldier in his right mind would enter a battlefield with only 4 magazines of ammo?

I still hope my reference to the Revolt 1998 campaign's approach to better controlling AI use of machineguns proves frutiful.

Yours,

Kyle

biggrin_o.gif

I agree, Considering grenades are so hard to use accurately in OFP, only 3,4 are sufficient

Hehe, sorry Gamezone for overloading your servers tounge2.gif

If you have problems with CZ, try OFPFiles or OFPC.

OMG fighting shilka at night with a f16, it s like a light show just amazing!

Thunderbird great work mate! notworthy.gif

Notice the trcers do not seem to work o the gun you are firing, AI seems to have them fine though?huh.gif

Is this normal or a bug?

All the FFUR need a great beig 'THANK YOU' for so much hard work.

Cheers guys

What can i do to replace the anims in this pack?

just replacing the anim.pbo doesnt seam to help...

what i want is get rid of the "crouched walking" anim as i just cant stand it....

so, does anyone have any sugestions?

I tried to replace the Mi-24 model but I couldn't so here's my suggstion: Could you change the Mi-24 model to Vit's Mi-24D AT (AT6). It's the perfect equivalent of the BIS one. Also the missles cannot be AT2 Swatters because they are not launched from tubes. I also hope it fixes the problem of AI not putting the gears up.

BTW I love the MG on it.

What about using the tracer-effect-scripts for every machingun coming along with FFUR? I think it's a way to unrealistic if the M60 uses realistic tracers but the M1A1's doesn't?

You got the choice: replace all standard-BIS-tracers with the new ones or leave'em all standard-BIS-tracers. confused_o.gif

A suggestion. The US army uses the M4 alot these days, so for the 05 mod could you give all regular US troops the M4 with aimpoint except for the Rifleman and the Grenadier who should keep the M16

I just want to thank the FFUR team and Thunderbolt for such an excellent release. You guys really rejuvinated this combat sim. I can't stop playing it. I just have one little issue. I keep getting the following message when I start the mod

"Addon BTRT_D required addon BTRT_A"

Once I acknowledge the message the game starts. It's not a big deal but could it be that my addons in operationflashpoint/res/addons conflicting with it? If I start default resistance with the addons I dont get the message. It's no big deal but anyone seen this?

Regards

Speckfire

VaiHalen,

I too noticed that the AI seems incapable of seeing one another in the woods, or even if they're close to the woods. The seem to see me fine though. I'm playing the Red Hammer campaign where the player's finally given control over a squad, and I'm using the 2005 world with the high res island, and I certainly experienced this problem. Pretty weird bug.

I also noticed in this mission that whenever I turn out of the BMP that the hatches open, but the AI's and player's bodies don't emerge. They're stuck looking at the inside edges of the hatches.

In regards to the 2005 world, I'd seriously reconsider replacing the MP5 for all the special ops missions with a M4 loaded up with attachments. Or maybe instead of the MP5 or M4 we'd get to use the new H & K submachine "wonder," the UMP .45. The buzz surrounding this weapon is that unlike the MP5 its guaranteed stopping power is fast making it super popular. Syphboy recently released a pack featuring it. His thread is here: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=48759

Of course the FFUR team could certainly give us a mix of these weapons choices, just to add a little more variety and intrigue to the game.

I don't mind the fact that it's "harder" to aim now. I used to be an avid player of a fantastic Unreal Tournament total conversion called Infiltration, which was dedicated towards a

hardcore simulation of close quarters battles, and the recoil of FFUR's weapons seem very similar to Infiltration's settings. One just has to get used to pulling down some on the mouse when firing to compensate for the lift produced from the recoil. Infiltration was a very tough game to master, but I eventually got pretty adept at it. It makes the game more immersive, challenging, and ultimately more rewarding in my opinion. I appreciate FFUR's approach to weapons' physics quite a bit, and hope it stays.

Kyle

smile_o.gif

I think the MP5 should stay on, but you should use Martin_BM's MP5SD6 customized (with the EoTech)

Ok after testing, those messages:

Addon BTRT_D required addon BTRT_A"

Were due to conflicts with the Resistance addons and not with the FFUR pack. I removed them temporary and the error went away. Thanks FFUR team biggrin_o.gif

Iv'e got the winter pack,desert pack and the modern 2005 pack! they are each installed into their own mod folders.They all start and play ok,however with each one at the gui screen i get this message-no entry,config.bin/cfgweapons.ZuCannon.I'm guessing it's a addon in my res addons folder although i keep addons in this folder down to a bare minimum. Any ideas which addon it is so i can move it. thanks great mod inlove.gif

I get that error too, as far as I know, the ZUcannon is used by the Vulcan/Shilka, but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm sorry,but you broke the resistance mission called "fireworks" if you want to blow up the bridge you need 5-6 C4's

not 3

ZUcannon is by the shilka i think the vulcan is called the VulcanCannon if i remember correctly

but anyway i found a bug on the mission ground attack 2

'Can not load mission, missing addons Hfr_Ah64'

and then i have to play with the old BIS apache, on 2005 pack by the way

can someone provide with a link to the addon so i can place it in the addons folder ?

Iv'e got the winter pack,desert pack and the modern 2005 pack! they are each installed into their own mod folders.They all start and play ok,however with each one at the gui screen i get this message-no entry,config.bin/cfgweapons.ZuCannon.I'm guessing it's a addon in my res addons folder although i keep addons in this folder down to a bare minimum. Any ideas which addon it is so i can move it. thanks great mod inlove.gif

the addons are apcrus.pbo and apcupd .pbo , i know because i had the same problem , i solved it by putting these addons in a separate addon mod folder, now the message doesn't appear tounge2.gif

use mod folders dont put addons into your addons/res addons folders create your own mod folder make a folder in it named addons and put your addons you want to play with in their and follow the FFUR instructions on how to make a shortcut but re name whats needed

The single mission called 'Bomberman' is also broken, as the convoy does not leave together. (FFUR 1985).

It's also a bit broken in FFUR 2005 because you don't have enough ammo with the M24 SWS to complete the mission.

I'm sorry,but you broke the resistance mission called "fireworks" if you want to blow up the bridge you need 5-6 C4's

not 3

Yeah, could you refix the damage of Satchel Charges to their original value, even if they arent that realistic.

I'm still pretty partial to swapping out the MP5 for the UMP .45. I did just a little bit of research on it, and the level of praise for it is through the roof, with many of the assessments confidently stating that it is superior to the MP5, for it has all of its advantages and none of its disadvantages. In real life, it's already in use, and I feel it's about time we get a chance to try out something other than the millionth MP5 addon...

Any possibility of integrating the features found in this fantastic looking Soviet era winter modding endeavor? Click here to see: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=48939

The level of craftsmanship is simply top-notch!

Kyle

smile_o.gif

Utterly brilliant mod - I've played through it some more today, doing Red Dawn from the CWC campaign - loving every second of my sneaky M16 Guba ambushing operation. On the new Kolgujev, with the new models and weaponary... it's fantastically atmospheric.

Now, onto something you might think is a bit contentious. I think this mod surpasses ECP in all but one aspect - that of dynamic speaking AI and the radio chatter in the vehicles. It's what makes ECP what it is, for me at least. I can give or take all the other features of ECP if it wasn't for these nuggets of genius. These are all contained in .pbos in ECP's addons folder. Is there any way I could port these across in FFUR and edit the config? I'm not suggesting a release, I'm not suggesting this is the way it SHOULD be, I'm just looking for advice on how to combine two modifications (or rather, incorporate one aspect of one modification into another)... Any ideas?

hey ive been trying to do that for some time never got it working and i gave up but if i find a way i would tell you becuae if we had soldiers tlaking and chatting in FFUR it would be the mod of all mods even more though then it is

i could try to script my own version but it would just seem really crap becuase of ECP's is so great

also theres one more thing missing from this aswell as the AI talking its burning crew men its just such a great effect a LAW goes into a BMP and some crew get out running around on fire screaming and shouting in pain, whilst you watch on then get shot cause you werent paying attention biggrin_o.gif

anyway i can live without those effects but i would love them in so much

i suppose i would have to download EECP but i dont really want to after trying these packs theres just no point it wont be as good so why ? lol. Nah EECP will still be great but i prefer FFUR

Oh and one more thing the craters should also be one heavy tanks when they explode

oh and one more thing lol - i was playing rats nest and a liaunched a ton of rockets into some choppers which are on the ground and i ended up getting about a 150m high crater for the chopper lol looked funny shame i didnt think of getting a photo