Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

if i remember correctly TB you said that you will be incorpriating a script which when a tank is hit the crew will start to get out but be blown out from the tank when it explodes is that actually in cause i havent noticed it or is it in the extra config or have you stopped the idea ?

Quote[/b] ]but left all the config entries for the other weapons intact

Thanks mate, I've totally forgotten to take out the rest of your unnecessary weapons classes from the FFUR 2005, the same goes for the rest of packs,though.

*Added to the list of bugs that need to be fixed in the incoming patchs*

Quote[/b] ]if i remember correctly TB you said that you will be incorpriating a script which when a tank is hit the crew will start to get out but be blown out from the tank when it explodes is that actually in cause i havent noticed it or is it in the extra config or have you stopped the idea ?

Yup, unfortunately taken out due to some lag problems.

Thanks again for the nice comments, support and perfect report of bugs, the incoming patchs would improve a lot these packs.

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

TB84

Hi TB,

In answer to your question: The link I'm using (adapting) is the "Resistance.exe" link with the suffix -nosplash -nomap -mod=ffur2005 simply added to the end (which is, I believe, what you instruct us to do). This is in the "Target" line. The "Start in" line won't accept any changes as it states that the "specified folder does not exist". Am I being dim here ?, or have I installed a corrupted edition of your mod ??. If so, please point me in the right direction ...

Rats ??

Check your operation flashpoint directory it may be called something else or its installed in c:/.../operation flashpoint as opposed to c:/.../operationflashpoint

note the space

Check your operation flashpoint directory it may be called something else or its installed in c:/.../operation flashpoint as opposed to c:/.../operationflashpoint

note the space

Your comment is explained in the mod readme file !. This is not the problem. As I explained in my first post, the link address line is made correctly - as per the readme - with ALL spaces checked for accuracy. The fault appears to be that the ammended link address is looking for a file which I don't have ...

Rats

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -mod=ffur1985, do not forget the "

thunderbird84 i got a question, in ffur 2005 is it possible to make f16(cas) aim9 sidewinder less acurate or perhaps

su-39 r-60 more, or mybe it is how it is in reality, and could i put other comunity aircraft in ffur 2005 addons folder or would that make it unstable?

thanks huh.gif

FFUR 1985

When firing at the Ural fuel with anything that doesn't destroy it at once, the truck starts to spin and flies away.

Weird

FFUR 2005

At-9 "Ataka" locks to aircraft

*I always get a messsage like this in all the packs: "error loading data3d/vysilaka(or zuni).p3d".

*Soviet machine-gunner in a desert pack doesn't have sleeves but in a pilot-view he has.

*Russian army doesn't have BMP-3 in it's armoury. Mi-28 and V-80(Ka-50 actually) are only prototypes too.

Nevertheless the packs are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! The woodland one is the best.

Thanks for your awsome work!!!!

i think i got a corrupt download whilst dowloadign the desert pack from ofc.de or what ever it is

its downloaded just hwen i click on it it opens up an installer like the asain faces kind but just stays up then closes down nothing new has been installed or anything

anyone else get this error ?

Hayal @ Oct. 28 2005,08:52)]*Russian army doesn't have BMP-3 in it's armoury.

Wrong:

Quote[/b] ]The BMP-3 infantry combat vehicle entered production in the late 1980s. It is in service with the Russia Army and over 600 have been exported to a number of countries, including United Arab Emirates...

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/bmp-3/

Quote[/b] ]V-80(Ka-50 actually) are only prototypes too.

Also wrong:

Quote[/b] ]... It entered service in the Russian Army during 1995 and is manufactured at the Sazykin Aviation Company Progress based in Arseniev Maritime Territory, Russia. A first batch of eight Ka-50 aircraft has been delivered....

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/ka50/

Quote[/b] ]..Mi-28 ...

This one's a bit of a grey area, but in 2005 at least, it would have as right to exist as the V-80 did in  Resistance

*edit* of course, then it should be changed to the Mi-28N, since the Mi-28A was never procured wink_o.gif.

Quote[/b] ] The first production Mi-28N took its first flight in April 2004 and began flight testing with the Russian Air Force in June 2005. The Russian Air Force has plans to procure up to 50 of this variant, to be delivered from 2006 to 2010

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/mi28/

what about k-52 the insted of ka-50 huh.gif

That one actually hasn't entered service wink_o.gif. But it's planned to be procured as a command variant of the Ka-50 for "special operations"

Brilliant mod, absolutely brilliant. Been playing through a few of the original campaign missions with it on this morning - it is breathtaking. I've taken a few screens (high quality) and placed them into the OFP Combat Photography thread over in GENERAL.

Now, bugwatch!

* Soviet Sniper has blue all over him - seems like a badly rendered alpha channel to me. Needs fixing, he sticks out like a sore thumb!

* Silenced AK for the Spetznatz - the bullets hit roughly 1 and a half metres higher than the ironsights indicate. This needs fixing, ASAP, as certain Red Hammer missions are next to unplayable with the constant adjustment... it's just like the Delisle in H&D2.

In the Asian Crisis pack, is the OH-1 Japanese Helo supposed to only be armed with a laser designator? The pods on the wings does seem to hint that is should be armed with four missiles of some sort, either it be AT or AA.

Or perhaps I might be wrong on that point.

Just thought it was odd that the Chinese have 2 attack helos and the Japs only one fully armed.

And another thing I was wondering. The chinese seems to lack an armed Jeep while the jpas have two of them. I seem to remember that BF2 have an armed jeep for the Chinese side. But perhaps this could be due to you not being able to get a model good enough or something. Terribly sorry if this question has been asked previously.

thunderbird84 i got a question, in ffur 2005 is it possible to make f16(cas) aim9 sidewinder less acurate or perhaps

su-39 r-60 more, or mybe it is how it is in reality, and could i put other comunity aircraft in ffur 2005 addons folder or would that make it unstable?

thanks huh.gif

The R-60 is an 1960s era missile, while the AIM-9 is older, it has been constantly upgraded, therefore it would be much more accurate.

Depending on what needs edited, I might make a batch script to solve the problem that 1% of users face with the islands. Also, it might be possible in the future to make utility programs which change configs for you automatically, allow you to edit them, etc. All for a later time though.

Hope you continue enjoying the packs.

Just a suggestion for the future...Since pappy has done so much work on his own to deliver what is basically the same type of mod that you've now released...but yours being expanded more....maybe its a good idea to collaborate on projects and efforts to eliminate the redundancies of the two mods?...at the same time reducing the work load on an individual(ie pappy himself).IMO...what your doing  is really the way to go in respect to the compartments of the mods...makes life much eaiser for running the different flavors in OPFlash.It really is time that the local modders started looking at condensing and intergrating their work into these type of packages,and overlooking the politics and rivilry.I think oipflash would benefit more from this way of thinking...atleast from a user point of view certainly.I mean...imagine if all this work was channeled in one direction.....?...Just my opinion  smile_o.gif

Tovarish, i advise you not to believe to such web-sites. Only 6 Ka-50 were made, they made only 1 battle flight in Chechnya and are still a dream for the russian army. The same thing with Mi-28. All the BMP-3 were made for export. When it's written that something is in the service in russian army it doesn't mean that army really has it. T-90 is in service since the first tank was made. I'll give you a nobel prize if you will find it in the army. wink_o.gif

To 343rdBadger

I think that sounds quite far, however there will always be points where people would not agree.

Hi,

Quote[/b] ] to make f16(cas) aim9 sidewinder less acurate

No, the Sidewinder doesn't have to be "less" accurate, it's one of the best air-to-air low range missiles, when you lock and engage a target at more than (900 m) you might notice that the target can avoid it by breaking on the left/right and by launching flares at the same time. too

Quote[/b] ]could i put other comunity aircraft in ffur 2005 addons folder or would that make it unstable?

Not recommended.

Quote[/b] ]At-9 "Ataka" locks to aircraft

will check that and will fix it.

Quote[/b] ]*I always get a messsage like this in all the packs: "error loading data3d/vysilaka(or zuni).p3d".

This is due to your graphics card which requires quite a powerful chipset to run Llauma sky, Please makes sure you read the instructions before doing such things.

Quote[/b] ] Soviet Sniper has blue all over him

This isn't because of FFUR but because of your comp/graphic card or an ofp problem. Nobody has had such a problem until now.

Quote[/b] ]Silenced AK for the Spetznatz - the bullets hit roughly 1 and a half metres higher than the ironsights indicate

Already reported and already in our list of bugs that need to be fixed. -page 13 of this thread-

Quote[/b] ]In the Asian Crisis pack, is the OH-1 Japanese Helo supposed to only be armed with a laser designator?

AA Missiles removed to avoid breaking some of BIS missions.

Quote[/b] ]I mean...imagine if all this work was channeled in one direction.....?...Just my opinion

Well we've already cooperated more than once and we're still collaborating when needed. FFUR and Y2K3 don't have the same errors because with no offense intended towards Y2K3, ours are quite minor and don't cause any real trouble while playing to BIS missions and campaigns, plus we can fix'em ourselves quite speedily. We're just waiting for some extra stuff as Spetznatz mod "shilka,luna..." etc.

FFUR and Y2K3 don't have the same objectives as well,FFUR has focused on new model replacements keeping balanced between realism and gameplay, while Y2K3 has mainly focused on replacing addons by keeping'em as they are and by privileging the "funny" aspect of the game.

Y2K3 & EECP are the pioneers though and they deserve respect.

smile_o.gif

and please the next time, check page page 13 of this thread before reporting bugs/errors to avoid making duplicate reports and causing confusion.

And thanks for the nice comments smile_o.gif

Best Regards

TB84

Ah, I see. As a suggestion, why not att Hellfires instead of AA missiles? Seeing as it is a really cool helo it would be a shame not to use it except for target painting.

FFUR is great:)

This is the best mod for OFP:) after the FDF mod:)

Units and animations are great:)

When I played the "Steel the Car" mission on FFUR Malden, it was just sweet!smile_o.gif

Great job guys!smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]At-9 "Ataka" locks to aircraft

will check that and will fix it.

No need, the AT9 can be used in the Air-to-Air role, albeit not as effectively as a dedicated missile such as the Stinger or Strela