Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Someone can make a w98 installer for asian face please?

The sound of m16 is a bit strange ?

-I'll contact jackal in the goal to make a model of his M16 + mortars.

-The Law launcher belongs to its author, we won't modifie ANY p3d.

The US dont use rifle grenades. You shud equip the soldier with a different weapon, like an M240 and rename him Machine Gunner (and rename the M249 gunner 'Automatic Rifleman' ). Or give him an M14 and rifle grenades if you have to keep things balanced.

As regards to the Law, isnt there a model special for it?

Quote[/b] ]when may we be expecting these patches ?

When we'll get all the wanted stuff.(Spetznatz shilka,luna...Hyk Japanese soldiers...) /Radio voices...etc.

Quote[/b] ]also in the island packs it says theres no way of getting them on FFUR without replacing the orignal i found a way simply create a worlds fodler in your FFUR folder and put the files in there which should then put the others in your dta FFUR folder

works fine for me no errors

Please respect the instructions, we have done our best to avoid using this way of "islands replacements" inside the folders because it sometimes occurs some missing errors messages, that's why you've to overwrite BIS islands (Make a backup of course).

Quote[/b] ]also can we get any pics of these island packs

The high-resolution pack uses high-quality textures made by the WGL mod team and some nice and suitable trees done by Berghoff. The main disvantage of this pack is the fact that AI sometimes crashes against trees or don’t drive correctly.

The low-resolution pack uses BIS Resistance Textures and Objects. It’s quite an interesting island pack due to the fact that it’s entirely playable on all computers.

Quote[/b] ]HELP i can not get any of the packs to work

i get the same message[ addon cbt_misc requires bis resistance]

i read the readme for the shortcut but i just get the same message

could any one help please.

Nobody had a such thing until now, there must be something wrong you've done, are you sure you installed correctly everything?

Quote[/b] ]In the ffurasia, the Huey(?) has missing bullet textures for the mounted machine gun.

Definately, if its source is the model from BOH then I'll contact Hyk.

Quote[/b] ]Someone can make a w98 installer for asian face please?

FFUR has been tested only on windows XP, but I'll bring a win98 misc installers in the incoming patch.

Quote[/b] ]The US dont use rifle grenades. You shud equip the soldier with a different weapon, like an M240 and rename him Machine Gunner (and rename the M249 gunner 'Automatic Rifleman' ). Or give him an M14 and rifle grenades if you have to keep things balanced.

No, this isn't a good idea cuz some of BIS missions load the mortar, so replacing it entirely won't be so good, the best way is to make a sjb M16 + BIS mortars even if it isn't so realistic.

Quote[/b] ]As regards to the Law, isnt there a model special for it?

Of course it has a modelspecial, cuz without it the Law launcher would look like to the old BIS one.

in fact the modelspecial's the same than the model but if there's a motivated addon maker ready to make a new modelspecial especially for the Law launcher having a deployed ironsight...then it would be great.

In any way, you've to know that all these minor issues don't cause any real trouble in game but I'm really glad to see so many perfectionists...

I've a feeling that the upcoming patchs will bring a quite nice result... wink_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Just so you know - we just hit the 3000-downloads-mark at OFPC.

One of our servers has constantly been running at full 100mbit/s ever since FFUR was released .. as compared to ~1mbit/s average before that.

Don't wonna take a look at the traffic totals, though. Might just get a heart attack verlegen.gif

Problem: The machinegunners suck  confused_o.gif

I did a test in a sterile environment i.e. desert island - maschinegunner shooting at closing target. The only time he hit his target beyond 50 meters was with 0 skill. Otherwise he simply shot over the target.

I consider the machinegun to be my primary squad weapon but the fact that it's almost totally useless kind of messes up my strategy. The rifles and recoils and everything else is just great. Makes shooting more challenging.

Anyway, this mod is the best TC ever  notworthy.gif

Unfortunatly, i can confirm that .

On the subject of machinegunners;

idiot8ig.jpg

Is there anyway this can be avoided apart from removing his sidearm..My squad was within 200 metres of the enemy and he still held the pistol crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Is there anyway this can be avoided apart from removing his sidearm..My squad was within 200 metres of the enemy and he still held the pistol

I'll take out the pistols from machine gunners and will increase a bit their accuracy.

Thanks for the info anderson, really glad to see so many people still interested by ofp and FFUR.

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

Quote[/b] ]FFUR has been tested only on windows XP, but I'll bring a win98 misc installers in the incoming patch.

Merci

what is required for DXDLL to work i tried it but i get a CTD on start up of ofp

Nice ! was waiting for this for long time! Downloading as i type this  yay.gif

thunderbird84 THX for great mod! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]what is required for DXDLL to work i tried it but i get a CTD on start up of ofp
Quote[/b] ]Fifth Generation Graphics Card (eg. GeForce 5 Series or Radeon 9 series)

Please read the instructions to avoid such questions and even before installing any of the packs.

wink_o.gif

Regards

TB84

Downloading the island pack now... jeez ofp.info is slow crazy_o.gif i wonder how many are downloading at this point in time   wow_o.gif

Downloading the island pack now... jeez ofp.info is slow crazy_o.gif i wonder how many are downloading at this point in time   wow_o.gif

Try filefront, i got better speed there because less people donloading at this time from filefront.

Downloading the island pack now... jeez ofp.info is slow crazy_o.gif i wonder how many are downloading at this point in time wow_o.gif

use these mirrors from OFPC.de

enjoy! smile_o.gif

Cheers dude, the woodland pack from ofp.info was gonna take me 7 hours to download otherwise crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

once again thanks wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]what is required for DXDLL to work i tried it but i get a CTD on start up of ofp
Quote[/b] ]Fifth Generation Graphics Card (eg. GeForce 5 Series or Radeon 9 series)

Please read the instructions to avoid such questions and even before installing any of the packs.

wink_o.gif

Regards

TB84

That's not correct smile_o.gif! Fortunately!

I've got a GF 4 Ti 4800. If you disable waterreflections you can play with no problems. I could even play with relfections, but it makes my PC very unstable and drops FPS down to 5 - unplayable.

Anyway, if you disable the reflections you've still got PostProcessing & co. It's still wayyyy better than the normal OFP!

ok i think i foun another bug, when i crashed with mi-26 the crater was big too big, and the at aint acurate or is this how it is sopose to be

You have to upload it to a free website like Photobucket to get it to work. It can't be seen right now.

i hope you see the pic, i don t know how to put it on banghead.gif

I know what you're talking about but it usually appears decently , but sometimes it appears a bit too big, especially over "low" surfaces.

This crater belongs to y2k3 but we'd maybe change it, (ECP one floats though).

Quote[/b] ]I've got a GF 4 Ti 4800. If you disable waterreflections you can play with no problems. I could even play with relfections, but it makes my PC very unstable and drops FPS down to 5 - unplayable.

Well the default dxdll config forces people having at least a 5th generation graphic card cuz the reflections are enabled, and we prefer to prevent people by "safe" advices.

wink_o.gif

Regards

TB84

Quote[/b] ]thunderbird84 - any chance for timed grenades in the future?

M61/M67 are timed like in real life, the F1 no cuz it does explode at the impact.

we would include the RGD grenade in the FFUR 2005, this grenade's timed,though.

thunderbird....what's your source for concluding the F1 grenade exploded on impact in real life?

I started thinking about this, and it made no sense to me. Maybe a specialized grenade would be designed like that....but for a regular infantryman...hell...I would NOT want to carry those into combat! Think of all the accidental self/friendly frags!

I started digging around the net, and sure enough:

Quote[/b] ]The Soviet F-1 hand grenade, nicknamed the limonka (lemon) is an anti-personnel fragmentation grenade. It contains a 60 gram explosive charge (TNT). The total weight of the grenade with the fuse is about 600 grams. The UZRGM fuse is a universal Russian type also used in the RG-41, RG-42, and RGD-5 grenades. The fuse time is 3.5 to 4 seconds.

Based upon the British Mills bomb, the grenade is similar in appearance to the U.S. Army "pineapple" grenade. It has a steel exterior that is ribbed to generate shrapnel upon detonation. The distance the grenade can be thrown is estimated at 30-45 meters. The circumference of the shrapnel dispersion is about 30 meters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F1_grenade

Quote[/b] ]Soviet hand grenade F-1, or "limonka" ("lemon"), belongs to anti-personnel fragmentation grenades of defensive type.

Externally, the grenade has an oval ribbed body made of steely iron. The ribbing was made for the purpose of producing

fragments of a certain size and mass during the explosion. The total weight of the grenade with the fuse is 600 grams.

Explosive charge -- TNT weighing 60 grams. The grenade's fuse is universal, fitting also in RG-41, RG-42, RGD-5 grenades.

The fuse's model is UZRGM. The possible throwing distance depends on the physical charateristics of the soldier and on

average amounts to 30-45 meters. The dispersion distance of the main mass of fragments is about 30 meters.

http://www.iremember.ru/help/f1.htm

Please adress this.

Quote[/b] ]The Soviet F-1 hand grenade, nicknamed the limonka (lemon) is an anti-personnel fragmentation grenade. It contains a 60 gram explosive charge (TNT). The total weight of the grenade with the fuse is about 600 grams. The UZRGM fuse is a universal Russian type also used in the RG-41, RG-42, and RGD-5 grenades. The fuse time is 3.5 to 4 seconds.

Based upon the British Mills bomb, the grenade is similar in appearance to the U.S. Army "pineapple" grenade. It has a steel exterior that is ribbed to generate shrapnel upon detonation. The distance the grenade can be thrown is estimated at 30-45 meters. The circumference of the shrapnel dispersion is about 30 meters.

Thanks, apparently we've done some minor mistakes about the grenades, we'll fix it.

smile_o.gif

@10motb: check my post above.

I regrouped all suggestions and report of bugs to fix'em in the incoming patchs, btw I repeat again, all of these bugs are minor, they don't slow your game down and they don't occur any crash.

smile_o.gif

Thanks all.

Regards

TB84

tracer.jpg

What kind of crater is that? crazy_o.gif

Edit: Oh, looks like everyone has noticed this same bug too. huh.gif