Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Hayal @ Oct. 28 2005,13:10)]Tovarish, i advise you not to believe to such web-sites. Only 6 Ka-50 were made, they made only 1 battle flight in Chechnya and are still a dream for the russian army. The same thing with Mi-28. All the BMP-3 were made for export. When it's written that something is in the service in russian army it doesn't mean that army really has it. T-90 is in service since the first tank was made. I'll give you a nobel prize if you will find it in the army. wink_o.gif

"such websites?"...so....what are your sources?

Mine seem reputable enough, or should I just take your word for it?

And I do tend to follow this stuff myself - especially with the aircraft.

The Ka-50 for sure, is not used in large numbers. Russia bought this chopper to be used for special operations only, the real Mi-24 replacement is meant to be the Mi-28N. But the official line is it is operational. No matter if there is 6 or 8 flying or how many battles they've fought.

As for the BMP-3, it first was seen during a parade in Moscow in 1990. These parades only show equipment which is in service, and I can find plenty of sources listing it as operational - in Russia.

<a href="http://www.peostri.army.mil/PRODUCTS/BMP3-S/news1.jsp" target="_blank">

U.S. Army Program Executive Office for Simulation, Training & Instrumentation</a>

Wikipedia

Numbers are also limited because of cost, but they ARE part of the arsenal. If a serious need for more arose, they would quickly be procured. For the Chechen conflict right now, the reasoning is that older IFV's and modifications such as the BMP-T are simply more economical

Check your operation flashpoint directory it may be called something else or its installed in c:/.../operation flashpoint as opposed to c:/.../operationflashpoint

note the space

Your comment is explained in the mod readme file !. This is not the problem. As I explained in my first post, the link address line is made correctly - as per the readme - with ALL spaces checked for accuracy. The fault appears to be that the ammended link address is looking for a file which I don't have ...

Rats

it works it looks great.

i made a folder in ofp dir called ffur2005

sent the instaler in to that.

shortcut c:\programfiles\codemasters\operation flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE"[space]-nomap[space]-nosplash[space]-mod=ffur2005

and yes i am a noob.

I checked on page 13 already just to see if anyone had brought attention to it, but has anyone noticed that the echo from the M16/M4 lasts a little too long? Other than this minor thing the FFUR mod is blast to play. Thanks

hello , i don't know if it is a bug , but in the 2005 pack , in the single mission coordinated assault , the player has only 20 rounds , i think it is a bit short , i don't know .... confused_o.gif

thanks smile_o.gif

Guy. Is able to fly urals? rofl.gif

FLYYY and BOOM

smile_o.giftounge2.gif

This seems to be a problem of "mass value" of the p3d done by the Spetznatz mod, we will fix that and will inform'em' too.

Regards

Thunderbird84

hi nice looking mod you have there...

need some help (im not good with all the setting up sad_o.gif )....

right i think ive installed correctly this is what my OFP folder looks like at the moment with the modern pack in it (highlighted)...

next, im sure im correct in saying that the highlighted icon is the shortcut to start it up yes?...

after clicking on properties and entering (what i think is) the correct code (-nosplash -nomap -mod=ffur2005 in the right place?)...

and after exiting that and clicking on the icon to try and start it (FFUR Shortcut?) this appears...

whats going on? help greatly appreciated....

i guess your putting it in the wrong place

im not sure where you put it cause looks like you got XP i got 2000 so its a bit different

on another problem when i chose the icon it doesnt use that one and uses the icon from the woodland pack is there anything to do about this

the original icon was the plain default ofp one ?

ok ignore all the Sh**e ive just posted smile_o.gif

just got it working added the line onto my OFP GOTY properties thanks 456820 for making me think....

trying out now....

that is the coolest bug ever! im gonna put down like 100 of em and get out a m60

Also can you change the weapons smoke for rifles,mgs,cannons so it doesnt look like little marshmellows floating away. Look at smoke in WGL pack. more subtle.

Quote[/b] ]but left all the config entries for the other weapons intact

Thanks mate, I've totally forgotten to take out the rest of your unnecessary weapons classes from the FFUR 2005, the same goes for the rest of packs,though.

*Added to the list of bugs that need to be fixed in the incoming patchs*

Quote[/b] ]if i remember correctly TB you said that you will be incorpriating a script which when a tank is hit the crew will start to get out but be blown out from the tank when it explodes is that actually in cause i havent noticed it or is it in the extra config or have you stopped the idea ?

Yup, unfortunately taken out due to some lag problems.

@Thunderbird: Is this the burning tank crew script you're talking about here? If so - that's a major disappointment (apologies if that sounds creepy) biggrin_o.gif

I'm downloading the packs now. As I don't play multiplayer is there any way you could post me the config that does include the script? Much appreciated if you could.

Cheers

Thanx for all the hard work, trying out the winter version,

as regards all the problems some guys have with launching mod folders, can you not hook up with angusjm and his

launcher ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/utils/anguslauncher.zip

I keep my addons/res addons per default [apart from editor updates ] and run about a dozen modfolders with no icon desktop clutter using his launcher

is there anyways of including the ECP burning tank crews becuase they just look great in a game adds som much more atmosphere

that is the coolest bug ever! im gonna put down like 100 of em and get out a m60

Put one down, make yourself a Spetz-Natz, part of his group, put three satchels under him, get a safe distance away, set them off.....and see exactly how far away he is when he tells you to fall back into formation biggrin_o.gif

*edit*

Russia, winning the space race:

rockettruck2nt.jpg

Apologies for the blurriness caused by compression, but you get the idea smile_o.gif

OMG! I played in the Retaliation campaign again in FFUR!

OMFG! The best mod ever made and the bestcampaign!smile_o.gif Both they are great!smile_o.gif

Thank You guys for the glorious FFUR! Great work! Great work! Great Work!biggrin_o.gif:D:D:D:D:D:D:

ISTHISNORMAL.jpg

There's your sniper - every other unit appears normal so why this one? The West sniper is rendered perfectly. I've put a medic next to him for comparison.

i also personally think the snipers camo is far to bright for woodland is there a way of touching the brightness down a few knotches without doing it with my brightness ?

also that script where the men are fired out from the tanks is it possible for you to put it in the extra config pack cause i would love that so much

Quote[/b] ]*I always get a messsage like this in all the packs: "error loading data3d/vysilaka(or zuni).p3d".

This is due to your graphics card which requires quite a powerful chipset to run Llauma sky, Please makes sure you read the instructions before doing such things.

I played FFUR without Llauma sky and still got that message. Without FFUR this sky pack workes very good on my computer. So what's the problem?

Quote[/b] ]I played FFUR without Llauma sky and still got that message. Without FFUR this sky pack workes very good on my computer. So what's the problem?

The source of this problem should be the islands, I repeat again :

Read the instructions before installing the packs!

Btw

Sorry but we can't please everyone, we do our best in the goal to choose for you the best addons carried out thus far and we incorporat'em only if they're suited to the wanted pack and era.

Because if we would replace some models to satisfie some people, you have to be sure that there is another minorty who would prefer including something else.

That's why I incorporated for you an editable config allowing you to customize your own "FFUR". check carefully this great forum, you'll find a bunch of tutorials explaining how to replace "models".

smile_o.gif

Btw , I have to say that the incoming envisaged patchs will bring a lot of enhancements and improvements for each pack.

Cheers all and once again, thank you.

Thunderbird84

I didn't see this on your page 13 list, but are you going to see if you can fix the sound for the M16? I dunno if I'm the only having this problem (argh, so many pages), but after I fire there seems to be another sound a 1/2 second after.

Guy. Is able to fly urals?   rofl.gif

FLYYY and BOOM

LMAO - that looked Awesome! biggrin_o.gif

...The driver jumping out before it exploded rofl.gif

I'm curious. Could mass be turned down in soldiers to produce a sort of ragdoll effect?