Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

cant wait for that MP config but will i keep needing to switch between configs for MP ?

Or will it be put into the FFUR loader tool thing biggrin_o.gif

I will likely implement that a little while after the MP config is released

Oh I forgot one thing, terrain shining, is it really necessary? It looks OK for the desert, maybe snow too, and there is none during the bad weather, but grass and mud and all other types look awful, just to be sure it's 13:00 here, I just climbed the top of my apartment building (around 10 stories high) and looked at the grassfield in the back (around 1-2km of recently cut grass, sun is in full swing, two or three small clouds in the sky) and as I expected it didn't shine. Don't know what did you try to accomplish with that, but it looks highly unrealistic.

And I also report no lag, on Battlefields i get around 30-35 FPS as with the regular OFP without any addons, great job on optimising it.

Also, SJB weapons don't have grenade hit sound when using them with FFUR Euro, without it sound occurs.

Oh I forgot one thing, terrain shining, is it really necessary? It looks OK for the desert, maybe snow too, and there is none during the bad weather, but grass and mud and all other types look awful, just to be sure it's 13:00 here, I just climbed the top of my apartment building (around 10 stories high) and looked at the grassfield in the back (around 1-2km of recently cut grass, sun is in full swing, two or three small clouds in the sky) and as I expected it didn't shine. Don't know what did you try to accomplish with that, but it looks highly unrealistic.

And I also report no lag, on Battlefields i get around 30-35 FPS as with the regular OFP without any addons, great job on optimising it.

Also, SJB weapons don't have grenade hit sound when using them with FFUR Euro, without it sound occurs.

Yeah, it really accentuates the flatness of OFP's terrain. It would look much more better without the shining

I agree that the shining textures are really exaggerated. Sure it can give the game a new look which might be cool for a while but it doesn't look realistic. The same goes for the majority of the vehicles.

A few other things such as the green maps serves no purpose. A map should be as clear as possible and not have a green layer over it which makes it much harder to read. The current mouse pointer might fit the theme but it is a really crappy pointer. Make it a simple arrow instead. The mission editor menu's is also messier than it should be. I know they are small things but they are small things which has become worse with this mod.

Enough complaining.. The mod is really great as it adds some great new features and helps the addon makers get their addons to use, but try to avoid making certain parts worse.

One more thing I noticed while playing BIS Mission "Airbourne", Puma is not armed with rockets, while Blackhawk is, could cause incompatibility in most missions using it (Like the mission I mentioned above, no rockets to take out BMP's).

I agree that the shining textures are really exaggerated. Sure it can give the game a new look which might be cool for a while but it doesn't look realistic. The same goes for the majority of the vehicles.

A few other things such as the green maps serves no purpose. A map should be as clear as possible and not have a green layer over it which makes it much harder to read. The current mouse pointer might fit the theme but it is a really crappy pointer. Make it a simple arrow instead. The mission editor menu's is also messier than it should be. I know they are small things but they are small things which has become worse with this mod.

Enough complaining.. The mod is really great as it adds some great new features and helps the addon makers get their addons to use, but try to avoid making certain parts worse.

the shiny textures on vehicles shud be retained cuz it looks cool...the rest shud be as suggested above

i dont like the shine in vehicles either , they look like bronze statues , the cammo desapears and everyone looks the same ,very unrealistic , but this is just a Constructive critique , i like the mod and apreciate the the great job put in it tounge2.gif

One more thing I noticed while playing BIS Mission "Airbourne", Puma is not armed with rockets, while Blackhawk is, could cause incompatibility in most missions using it (Like the mission I mentioned above, no rockets to take out BMP's).

Yea! The Lynx would have been a better option ...but I think TB took it out 'cos of some bitching about him not going down on his hands and knees and saying ..."please can we use it if I lick your boots clean sir?!"   rofl.gif

Yea! The Lynx would have been a better option ...but I think TB took it out 'cos of some bitching about him not going down on his hands and knees and saying ..."please can we use it if I lick your boots clean sir?!" rofl.gif

Oh dear God, dont go back there again crazy_o.gif The terribly ironic thing is that I would have never known about that addon if it wasnt for the fact that it was gona be in FFUR. Im sure I'm not the only one.

Quote[/b] ]Yea! The Lynx would have been a better option ...but I think TB took it out 'cos of some bitching about him not going down on his hands and knees and saying ..."please can we use it if I lick your boots clean sir?!"

icon_rolleyes.gif As was mentioned...leave it alone.

The terribly ironic thing is that I would have never known about that addon if it wasnt for the fact that it was gona be in FFUR. Im sure I'm not the only one.

...Yea! ..Me too, a really cool chopper, having tried it puely out of curiosity!  tounge2.gif

Anyways, as Mr Canadian Terror sais...we shall leave it at that!  whistle.gif

I'm sure that the Puma could be equiped with rockets in much the same way?  huh.gif

Regarding the dynamic lighting effects TB, personally my only gripe with it is the ground textures are too bright and shinny. As for the vehicles they look pretty cool to me!  wink_o.gif

Hi,

The ground reflection effect would be decreased and reworked as already said a few days ago, the same would go for the other metallic parts of some tanks and choppers. (most brighter-ish ones) will come up with some screens asap.

Quote[/b] ]One more thing I noticed while playing BIS Mission "Airbourne", Puma is not armed with rockets, while Blackhawk is, could cause incompatibility in most missions using it (Like the mission I mentioned above, no rockets to take out BMP's).

Indeed, actually the best way to avoid encountring this problem is to use a 'cheat' command in order to accomplish the mission even without playing it.

But we would try to find a way in order to figure this out.

Quote[/b] ]Also, SJB weapons don't have grenade hit sound when using them with FFUR Euro, without it sound occurs.

will check it out.

Btw, maybe we would implement Llauma heads to the US soldiers of the FFUR 2005 pack.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Actually, you can pass the mission, it's optional to destroy the BMP's, but on some other custom campaigns it could pose an issue, that Delta Force campaign comes to mind.

Also, altough llaumas faces are great work of art, I would advise on not using them, as much of the campaign flavour would be lost and BIS faces would not show, unless you can remap the whole face with BIS texture. It would be weird to look at Col. Blake, Armstrong and Gastovski talk, but on your screen they are totally different blokes. sad_o.gif

I'm sure that the Puma could be equiped with rockets in much the same way? huh.gif

I dont think the Puma can be armed with rockets, has anyone seen the RAF use rockets on their Puma's?

i think he meant just modify the puma in having rockets

Quote[/b] ]Btw, maybe we would implement Llauma heads to the US soldiers of the FFUR 2005 pack.

Yes please smile_o.gif. The issue that Sniperwolf mentioned would have to be adressed though.

add the head models because then everyone will have new heads and people will look different as in David Armstrong wont look the same as in the CWC campaign but he would be given a fade lift and a new head so aslong as he looks the same through out no one will care really, well i wouldnt

TO THUNDERBIRD:

Hello, I'm looking forward to see two FFUR'06 packs - Desert and Asia. So when will you release these packs?

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]Also, altough llaumas faces are great work of art, I would advise on not using them, as much of the campaign flavour would be lost and BIS faces would not show, unless you can remap the whole face with BIS texture. It would be weird to look at Col. Blake, Armstrong and Gastovski talk, but on your screen they are totally different blokes.

It seems that Sanctuary figured this problem out and found a nice way to keep using BIS faces with llauma heads.

e.g

'David Armstrong'

armstrong5gr.jpg

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]i think he meant just modify the puma in having rockets

Would maybe add some fictionnal rocket pods, it would temporary fix the problem even if it might be unrealistic.

Quote[/b] ]I'm looking forward to see two FFUR'06 packs - Desert and Asia. So when will you release these packs?

Actually we're focused on the FFUR 2005 6.0 & FFUR Euro patch, but we're still waiting for some extra stuff in order to replace the last units which have to be replaced. (shilka, general...)

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

In FFUR Euro, the British Crew are wearing helmets yet there is still a helmet on their beltkit.

its been released download FFUR euro its in that named FFUR launcher paste it into your operation flashpoint folder instead of the FFUR folder and there you go

Without question, llaumas' heads are just breathtaking, and definately should be used in all the FFUR eras.

One thing for sure, I'm going to have to look up more of llaumas' work.

Kyle

Jan. 7, 2006

smile_o.gif

ive recently got a new joystick and flying in FFUR with it is amazing with the joystick vibrating when you are hit or start firing give lots of great effects but when you fly into the clouds i lag like mad is it possible to get the clouds not to lag as much ? its really anoying cause since im not used to my new joystick i ususally fly a little too high then run into lag

but great work

T bird,did you put the burning bodies script thing in?If so were would i find the line's for it.Thank's p.s if not how would i put it in myself