red oct

Music Recommendations

Guest Ti0n3r

wex-q, you obviously don't know anything about techno goodnight.gif

Nah, probably don't listen to much of it.

Never mind it, we all listen to different stuff, but I always seen techno as a shell with no content, whilst "real" music (imo) is songs where the lyrics, aswell as the music fulfills it.

Nothing I see in techno, but again, let's just drop it, this is the recommendation thread, not the "bitch about who's right" (since it's only about who's left, right? )

wex smile_o.gif

Lately rediscovered an album I bought a while ago.

Easystar all-stars: Dub side of the moon.

Basically a dub remake of Pink Floyd´s Dark side of the moon, but offers a large variety of genres and is perfect for chilled evenings with friends.

Listen to some tracks on the easystar dub side of the moon page

@techno: There is more than bum-bum charts techno. Even Kraftwerk could be taken to that category.

Quote[/b] ]James Holden

Agoria

Sven Väth

Reinhard Voigt

Richard Bartz

Monika Kruse

Alex Smoke

Oliver Koletzki

Tobi Neumann

Umek

Marco Carola

Robert Natus

Chris Liebig (without n)

Speedy J

Marco Bailey

Roman Flugel

Alter Ego

Adam Beyer

Miss Djaxx

Richie Hawtin

Dave Clarke

Eric Sneo

Jeff Mills

Slam

Oliver Huntemann

Redhead

DJ Rush

D.A.V.E The Drummer

Alex Calver

Joris Voorn

Dominik Eulberg

Luciano

Ricardo Villalobos

Booka Shade

M.A.N.D.Y

Anthony Rother

Cirez D

Hardcell & Grindvik

Technasia

Renato Cohen

Secret Cinema

Steve Bug

Guido Schneider

Mathew Johnson

Viper XXL

Loco Dice

Ellen Allien

Chardronnet

Gabriel Ananda

Audion

I erased the ones I do not know and fixed one name smile_o.gif

Could probably add a lot more but I am too lazy to turn around and search through my unsorted collection that fills one side of the room up to the ceiling.

Still, I am more into electronic music as a whole and as I can see from your list you also have some house artists on it.

A well...scrab the above. I have no real favourite music. There is so much music from different genres that I like that it´s not easy to describe. Be it brazil, ragga, funk, dub, house, electronica, nujazz, metal, hardcore, indie, goth, fusion..........

Basically from Pantera to 70´s Strip-club music, but I absolutetly hate charts music of any kind. I could vomit on newstyle gangstarap and nowadays "R&B". So called Artists representing those genres should be sent to nevercomeback-island.

Classic Rap or good one like for example NWA, of course Public Enemy, Digital underground but also guys like Busta Rhymes get my vote. It´s just that anyone with a microphone thinks he´s a superrappper today. I guess all that gangsta rappers should meet oneday and have a legitimate reallife deathmatch. This would actually clean the air in the genre for a while biggrin_o.gif

Just forgot to add that all those who are looking for something different should have a listen to UNKLE - war stories. It´s a mix of psychedellic rock , beats and atmospheric patterns. I love it.

The ones who remember the Psyence-fiction UNKLE album, will love this one.

It´s disturbing as the old Frontline - Assembly album "Tactical neural implant" which is still an all-time favourite for me and sweet as Postishead at times.

Definately a must-hear.

It is Chris Liebing. He is a German schranz DJ/producer. Probably the most popular one there is. He is one half of Collabs 300, with Speedy J being the other half.

Some of those DJs may have done some house, most DJs have afterall, but none do it now, afaik. Which ones did you have in mind from that list?

P.S. We have that Dub Side of the Moon album at the bar where I work. It's not half bad.

P.P.S It's Portishead tounge2.gif

Techno gives me a headache it's annoying as fuck.

Although I could probably enjoy it while on an acid trip.

Chipper, you have been repeatedly warned about spamming. We consider anything that doesn't add anything meaningful to a discussion to be spam, which is a perfect description of your post here, not to mention somewhat rude and isulting.

Unless you want to get to 5 warning boxes and leave the forums permanently, I'd suggest you think long and hard before posting in topics with useless comments.

welcome.gif

Drowning Pool - Full Circle ( Album )

Drowning Pool - Soliders ( Song )

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

3 Inches Of Blood

AC/DC

Atreyu

Audioslave

Avenged Sevenfold

Atreyu

After Midnight Project

Bullet For My Valentine

Bill Haley

Black Sabbath

Bon Jovi

Bloodhound Gang

CKY

Cypress Hill

Chuck Berry

CCR

Children Of Bodem

Def Leppard

Disturbed

Dragonforce

Dream Evil

Devildriver

Dream Theatre

Drowning Pool

Dope

Disturbed

Evanescence

Enya

Finger Eleven

Finntroll

Godsmack

Hatebreed

Hammerfall

Helmet

Hot Action Cop

Ill Nino

King Diamond

Korn

Lordi

Led Zepplain

Limp Bizket

Lacuna Coil

Lynnard Skynnard

Linkin Park

Iron Maiden

Metallica

Machine Head

Moterhead

Motley Crue

Megadeth

Misfits

Nightwish

Pantera

Prodigy

Powerman 5000

Rage Against The Machine

Raunchy

Rammstien

Rob Zombie

Rammstien

Steel Dragon

Suffocation Under Silence

Seether

Soil

SoulFly

Static X

Slipknot

Slayer

Sevendust

Type O Negetive

Van Halen

White Zombie

All good shit, if you like Hard Rock / Heavy Metal wink_o.gif

I like about 90% of that list, sounds like we have similar tastes.

BTW, have I mentioned how much Slayer's last album rocked? yay.gif

lol yeah slayers last one was hard :P

Im still loving the song Disciple inlove.gif

At the minite im trying to get a hold of Drowning Pool Full Circle autographed tounge2.gif

Have to contact family in america 2 get it though crazy_o.gif

But yeah pretty awesome 2 see that i have similiar tastes to one of the Mods biggrin_o.gifpistols.gifwhistle.gifyay.gif

Techno gives me a headache it's annoying as fuck.

Although I could probably enjoy it while on an acid trip.

like about 90% of that list, sounds like we have similar tastes.

BTW, have I mentioned how much Slayer's last album rocked? yay.gif  

Hm hm hm ... on this forum is obviously a very thin line what's considered as spamming and what not ... or this vary from the member's position and reputation? The only real difference I see here is a bit more juicy language in a first post.

Anyway, this song (and the band) wast the first song to which I listened as the music should be heard (was very young and I just opened my senses to the world). The song already had some patine on it if you catch my drift, but still it made quite an impact on me. Sigh, those were great times for some great music ...

Yes, so sorry for actually joining in on a topic and chatting with a forum member rather than just appearing mechanically to enforce rules. Won't make that mistake again. icon_rolleyes.gif

The name of the topic is music recommendations - I recommended Slayer's last album. This is considerably different than simply posting "X genre of music is as annoying as fuck", don't you think?

BTW, if you have a problem with a moderation decision or a moderator's actions, use the RPTM feature or send a PM - such issues are not to be publically discussed, as per the Forum Rules. wink_o.gif

Megadeth - Peace sells .... but who's buying? (1987?)

video on youtube (with A10 Thunderbolt scenes)

PS: Harthouse will never die!

Peace Sells is a good track, as well as Moto Psycho...

P.S.

Do you mean hard house?

nope ... i meant the label Harthouse Frankfurt.

got almost all of 'em on vinyl + EyeQ nearly complete, too ...

but there's much more in my archive ... like Megadeth biggrin_o.gif

Harthouse library on discogs

My (techno) collection on discogs

PS: another two VERY good music recommendations i prefer is:

CCCP - American Soviets (Clockwork) !!!

&

Paul Hardcastle - 19 (Chrysalis)

in~in~in~in~in~in~in~in vietnaaam he was nineteen!

-> ber[z]erk rulez! <-

lately, i've been mostly listening to Spiritual Front, sort of Nick Cave meets Enio Morricone in a Marquis de Sade scenario, quite good. Also, one of the best albuns ever made, Young Marble Giants, "Colossal Youth" from 1980, still way ahead of its time.

nope ... i meant the label Harthouse Frankfurt.

got almost all of 'em on vinyl + EyeQ nearly complete, too ...

but there's much more in my archive ... like Megadeth biggrin_o.gif

Harthouse library on discogs

My (techno) collection on discogs

PS: another two VERY good music recommendations i prefer is:

CCCP - American Soviets (Clockwork) !!!

&

Paul Hardcastle - 19 (Chrysalis)

in~in~in~in~in~in~in~in vietnaaam he was nineteen!

-> ber[z]erk rulez! <-

19 is a great piece thumbs-up.gif

You have some very good vinyls in that collection btw. Dave Clarke, Thomas Schumacher, Chris Liebing thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

Now if you wanna be really cool  tounge2.gif

ACDC  biggrin_o.gif   pistols.gif  

Iron Maiden biggrin_o.gifpistols.gif

P.S

Major Fubar:

Quote[/b] ]Yes, so sorry for actually joining in on a topic and chatting with a forum member rather than just appearing mechanically to enforce rules. Won't make that mistake again.  icon_rolleyes.gif

The name of the topic is music recommendations - I recommended Slayer's last album. This is considerably different than simply posting "X genre of music is as annoying as fuck", don't you think?

BTW, if you have a problem with a moderation decision or a moderator's actions, use the RPTM feature or send a PM - such issues are not to be publically discussed, as per the Forum Rules.  wink_o.gif

rofl.gif

You should know that you arent allowed to talk to the public ! Think of consequences ! You might let it out that mods arent robots at all, but are humans !!!! tounge2.gif

I'll recommend a few bands/artists/singers/thingies/whateveryouwannacallwhoever's.

(Yeah, I know its a bit of a pick 'n' mix but its a bit of the stuff I'm currently enjoying in my newest reformed playlist.)

[in no paticular order...]

Tool

Staind

Nickelback

Rob Zombie

Papa Roach

Pendulum

Within Temptation

Rage Against The Machine

Dope

Evanescence

Hinder

Bo Carter, if you like acoustic music with sexual innuendo you will probably like his music.

DOCD-5081.jpg

B000000G81.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Uploaded a new song to my myspace music - page.

Listen to Indian Raga Rumble and get confused tounge2.gif

myspacead.gif

If you dig old school dirty rock'n' roll may I suggest the 'Supersuckers'.

Check out their videos on YouTube.... particularly'Rock n roll records aint selling this year' and prepare to rawk to this criminally ignored band!

Guest Ti0n3r

That's some pretty good stuff Balschoiw! (All 4 tracks) wink_o.gif

I might as well recommend this. It's nothing too serious, but it fun for me at least.

For anyone who´s into remixing or producing stuff this might be interesting.

Nine Inch Nails have released the studio masters of their last album for Ableton Live, Garageband and RAW for remixing projects that you can upload to their page once they are done.

The only thing you have to do is sign up at

NiN Remix page

and you can download the tracks in studio format for editing in one of the above mentioned programs.

I´m already working on some tracks and I´ll keep you updated once they are listed on the page. I´ve been thinking of a Brazil-version of Perfect Drug...or maybe some Sithars ? biggrin_o.gif

Edit: Of course you can download all remixes for free at the page aswell.

My favourite two bands at the moment are

The Offspring

and

Billy Talent

If you like punk rock, then The Offspring is the most varied, with loads of old school punk from the 80s, and some newer punk tracks in their later albums.. Also if u like new style punk rock check out Billy Talent, they're really good.. but kinda like marmite.. You either love em or hate em wink_o.gif took me a little to get into, but they're great now smile_o.gif

Album Recommendations:

The Offspring:

(old school punk) The Offspring (self titled), Ignition, Ixnay on the Hombre,

(Newer stuff) Smash, Americana, Conspiracy of One, Splinter (but splinter's a little crap IMO, but theres a couple of good songs like Lightning Rod and (Cant Get My) Head Around You)

Billy Talent: Both albums: Billy Talent and Billy Talent 2

Myspace URLs:

Offspring Myspace

Billy Talent