red oct

Music Recommendations

Couple of bands I'm listening to at the moment.

Enter Shikari

The Blackout

Bring Me The Horizon

The Devil Wears Prada

Senses Fail

All are very good. I've seen Senses Fail and Enter Shikari live. ES are proper awesome live, was the best gig I've been to. Got my tickets to see Bring Me and Blackout, day after each other aswell which is well good.

Saw Enter Shikari live, probably one of the best gigs my shitty little town's ever seen.  biggrin_o.gif

Didn't expect them to be my cup of tea, so I just turned up cause everyone else was. And now i'm a convert!

Recently listening to Oceansize, Pendulum, Enter Shikari and Mark Ronson.

Quote[/b] ]Enter Shikari

The Blackout

Bring Me The Horizon

The Devil Wears Prada

Senses Fail

gah I cant stand angry music, I was informed that Enter Shikari and Bring me the horizon are not proper "core" music. Though personally I wouldn't know.

The Prodigy (especially live they're unrivalled)

Leftfield

Fatboy Slim

Aphex Twin

Chemical Brothers

Queen

Gorillaz

White Stripes

Thomas Newman

Danny Elfman

and some great OST's (Conan the Barbarian, Pulp Fiction, Tomb Raider)

Interpol are fantastic!

Currently, one of my favourite bands is Dogs:

http://www.myspace.com/dogsuk

http://myspace.com/dogsmusicspace

Their first album 'Turn Against This Land' has some really great tracks, and the stuff I've heard from their up-coming album at gigs of theirs and on the web, is pretty good.

"not proper "core" music. "

Do be honest, I couldn't give a crap what bands are labelled as or compared to. If it's good music I'll listen to em. tounge2.gif

Enter Shikari seem to stand out as a lot more unique that other bands that get labelled alongside anyway.

Core music? BLegh!

Try SCORE music!

Hans Zimmer, Harry Gregson-Williams, Trevor Rabin, Klaus Badelt, Mark Mancina, John Powell, the list goes on.

And for a laugh: Stephen Lynch!

Had a few mins before the Champs Ligue final begin so ,,, I listened to that so much mentioned Enter Shikari and ,,, you should point out that this is like a 'highscool teenage' music. If all that 'core' or whaterver music is like this I don't want never ever to hear it again. tounge2.gif

Currently listening to:

Leningrad (awesome, pijacka muzyka po prostu ;>)

DDT

Sinsemilia

Zebda

Chylinska

Maria Peszek

Zoé

Marlene Dietrich &

Republika

...and in overall i enjoy listening to rock (and variants of it), electro, trip-hop, folk and OST (my favourites composers: Zimmer, Clint Mansell, Javier Navarrete and so on...). In other words, i like such bands like Tool, Molotov, Louise Attaque, Thomas Fersen, Apocalyptica, The Gathering or Les Elles.

Anyway, has anyone here account on last.fm wink_o.gif? (mine)

Cheers, reyhard.

DDT are shear brilliance, are those other bands Russian?

DDT are shear brilliance, are those other bands Russian?

Leningrad is a russian band and I think you should like that band, however, Leningrad has quite unusual lyrics (i wonder if that band has in their repertoire songs without insults like jabak twej mać or poszol na khui whistle.gif).

Well, from other russian speaking band I can recommend you - Okean El'zi (i just love track Den' u Den' ).

Machniom ;>?

Cheers, reyhard.

yeah I know about the leningrad trivia smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

My band recorded a "single" last week, Song in Em. It's a kinda boring feel-sorry-for-me song, but maybe someone will like it anyway. After all, the lyrics are just there to make the song 'complete'.

http://www.myspace.com/contradictive1

Not bad Ti0n3r, nice riff, with it you have a good base for some solid song there. And ,,, this band really needs a singer  tounge2.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
Not bad Ti0n3r, nice riff, with it you have a good base for some solid song there. And ,,, this band really needs a singer tounge2.gif

That will never happen wink_o.gif

I would recommend my three favourite bands of all time:

- Hatebreed (US Hardcore band)

- Discipline (Dutch Oi! ) [my all-time fav]

- Moonspell (Portuguese Gothic Metal)

For those who like these styles anyway wink_o.gif

i have a nice laundry list of my favorite songs:

enjoy!

System of a Down

Disturbed <current favorite, Best band ever! (imo that is)

Monster

Dehumanize

Sickened

Sabaton < some Swedish guys i heard watching this VBS1 movie

some Old songs but good:

Metallica

One

King Nothing

Rob Zombie

Never Gonna Stop

Marilyn Manson

YEA i know what everybody is going to say Manson=freak. I used to think so to until i decided to give him the benefit of a doubt that if you don't pay any attention to what he's doing on stage (or in some cases what he is doing to whom), his music is actually pretty sweet, so heres a couple (he doesn't really do anything gross in either video, so don't worry)

This is the new shit

The Beautiful People

edit:

Mudvayne

(can't believe i forgot them)

Happy?

Forget to remember

Death Blooms

Not Falling

KMFDM all the way.  There sound has changed a lot but its all good.  Listen to the first album then the newest and you wouldent think there the same band. There style is called the ultra heavy beat. There older stuff was industrail. Now its pretty heavy with electronic mixed in, and theres no telling what there next album will sound like.

Funker vogt, good EBM(electronic body music) EBM is a style of Industrial

Kataklysm,  Very heavy metal, lots of fast drumming.  The song "Blood on the swans" is insane.

Of course I have to recomend Rammstein but that goes without saying

Combichrist.  There new album isnt as good as the older stuff. The guy behind the project calls there style aggrotech. Kinda industrialish with other styles of elctronic music.

Meshuggah.  Very heavyMath Metal They play eight string guitars and have some very heavy tones. There cover of Rammstein Benzin is crazy heavy, maybe even the heavyist tonewise song that there is.

Rhapsody(now they are called Rhapsody of fire) really good medevil/fantasy themed power metal. Plenty of orcestral arragments mixed in. They call it film score metal.

No ones probably interested in this but its somthing I recently purchased from Document Records:

DOCD-5036.jpg

King Solomon hill has to have one of the most unique sounds I've ever heard on an acoustic guitar, sounds as though he insane.

mp3

as you mentioned ofp at the beginning i'll keep it game-related.

this is a general idea of music i will use for my ARMA campaigns.

1.frank klepacki (music from original c&c games) i think it fits in to the war theme pretty well

2.jimi hendrix e.t.c

3.the music from ofp and ARMA, obviously

4. stuff like rob zombie-clubbed to death

now for recent(well quite) music i just generally like.

1.son of dave-(guy from crash test dummies)

2.red hot chili peppers-californication album

3.flogging molly are pretty good too

Sum41...

Any fans? Any opinions on their new album?

I think its "fun". Back to their old feel-good style.

If you really have to, mods, merge it with a music thread, don't just plain lock it. Lazy butts. tounge2.gif (Remember people, I'm a comedian, so don't take that crap seriously)

OR turn it into a new music thread. Thats a better idea.

But I'd prefer you just kinda leave it be. Your choice.