red oct

Music Recommendations

I've been listening to Pearl Jam a lot lately.  I've got all of their studio albums except for Riot Act and Lost Dogs.  Yield is my favorite album so far.  Here's a few notable tracks and the albums from which they come:

"Grievance" - Binaural

"Save You" - Riot Act

"Faithfull" (sic) - Yield

"Whipping" - Vitalogy

"Red Mosquito" - No Code

Also, there's a performance with Neil Young from the early nineties of "Rockin' in the Free World" floating around YouTube.

Corduroy, Light Years and Immortality are great songs too smile_o.gif

- Ben

Indeed, "Corduroy" is my favorite song from Vitalogy.   I finished my studio album collection since I posted that last message. I wish I had "Man of the Hour" on CD, but it was made for the soundtrack of "Big Fish" (perhaps released separately as a single).

Edit: Speaking of Big Fish, funny story. The part at the end where he's driving recklessly to get to the river was filmed exactly where I took my driver's license test when I was sixteen.

I wish I could brainwash you all into liking Indian music, I cant get enough of it banghead.gif

mind you I have made a few "converts" wow_o.gif

d*** I should read properly, I read Indie music and thought you had a cool video featuring just that, oh god was I wrong

Indie sucks IMO tounge2.gif "Indian" ftw smile_o.gif

I was 18 when Pearl Jam released their debut album, Ten. I got hooked immediately, and was - am - a sucker for grunge music to a nearly pathologic extent (I was among the distressed teenagers in their pyjamas when KC died).

BadMotorFinger by SoundGarden still remains a major, cutting-edge album for me to this day, and so does the dark, harmonically twisted album Dirt, by Alice In Chains. I discovered both albums at the end of 1992, and still listen to them on a regular basis.

But Cameron's fantastic drumming (I remember how abashed I was at the sound of the snare drum...) got outshined in summer 1993 when I discovered Tool and Dani Carey. I saw Tool live first on September 11th, 1993 in Paris. They were playing as the opening band for Rage Against The Machine. I have never fully recovered from that encounter with Tool, and I saw them again live for the seventh time two weeks ago in Paris.

And this is what thirteen years of faithful devotion were awarded with :

drum.jpg

Dani Carey's drum skin, signed and dated, which I managed to catch in the middle of the 5000+ crowd. And peacefully, I have to add.

I'd have lots of other stuff to recommend too (HELMET !wink_o.gif, but these bands, especially Tool and A.I.C., have been accompanying me for such a long time I feel they now are a part of me.

I wish I had "Man of the Hour" on CD

You should get the Benaroya Hall 2CD live album.  It has Man of the Hour and a few other interesting tracks: Masters of War (Dylan) and 25 Minutes to Go (Cash).  And the Mirkenball single, I always liked the track I Got ID.  It was released at the same time as Neil Young's Mirrorball, part of the same collaboration.

As for Indian music:

B00000HYAK.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Guest Ti0n3r

Man, I haven't listened to Leadbelly for ages. Thanks for the link smile_o.gif

Alesana, Alexisonfire, Underoath, Saosin, Killswitch Engage, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Scary kids Scaring Kids etc are all amazing bands. Not many people like alot of them tho sad_o.gif

Nothing wrong with Linkin Park, they make great music, and the lyrics are awsome.

Haven't listened to Limp Bizkit enough, so, can't really say anything there...

BTW; The only reason for people hating Linkin Park is that they are jealous of the bands talent...

wink_o.gif

Nothing wrong with Linkin Park, they make great music, and the lyrics are awsome.

Haven't listened to Limp Bizkit enough, so, can't really say anything there...

BTW; The only reason for people hating Linkin Park is that they are jealous of the bands talent...

wink_o.gif

Linkin Park is good. Limp Bizkit have some good ones, but I don't really fancy their general style...

Quote[/b] ]jealous of the bands talent..

...yeah... icon_rolleyes.gif thats it...

any way The kinks cant go a miss. thumbs-up.gif

.......Arctic Monkeys,Deep Purple,Depeche Mode,Franz Ferdinand,Pearl Jam,Rammstein,SOAD,Tarantinos Favourite Film Themes,The Doors,Rolling Stones,The Trashmen,Metallica,Soundgarden,Led Zeppelin,U2,Nirvana,Guns N' Roses,Jimi Hendrix,Pixies,The White Stripes,The Smashing Pumpkins,Judas Priest,legendary The Stooges and The Kinks...... pistols.gif

Oh come onnn... I can't be the only person here who listens to electronica, surely?? crazy_o.gifsad_o.gif

Dance Valley 2006 was this weekend... MESSY!! yay.gifyay.gif

Mark EG, Mauro Picotto, Sander Van Doorn, Lisa Lashes Vs. Anne Savage, K90, Dark By Design, Prodigy, Armin Van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Carl Cox, Technasia, Trevor Rockcliffe, Erick Morillo, and so many more I'm forgetting. Amazing weekend!

A shortish list of bands that I listen to include:

Aiden, The All-American Rejects, Blink-182, Bowling For Soup, Bullet For My Valentine, Fall Out Boy, Finch, Forgive Durden, Hawthorne Heights, Head Automatica, Lostprophets, Muse, My Chemical Romance, Panic! At The Disco, Senses Fail, Simple Plan, Taking Back Sunday, Yellowcard.

That is all smile_o.gif

Oh come onnn... I can't be the only person here who listens to electronica, surely??  crazy_o.gif  sad_o.gif

I listion to it most time but I like other stuff too. wink_o.gif

Oh come onnn... I can't be the only person here who listens to electronica, surely?? crazy_o.gifsad_o.gif

Dance Valley 2006 was this weekend... MESSY!! yay.gifyay.gif

Mark EG, Mauro Picotto, Sander Van Doorn, Lisa Lashes Vs. Anne Savage, K90, Dark By Design, Prodigy, Armin Van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Carl Cox, Technasia, Trevor Rockcliffe, Erick Morillo, and so many more I'm forgetting. Amazing weekend!

detroit techno all the way m8 !

if those are some of the headline acts from that event i have to say i wouldn't piss on em them if they where on fire :P

apart from technasia..

although i do admin theres a couple of names there i aint heard of (dutch sounding named geezers..but the dutch mostly always made horrible techno if you ask me :P)

What?! crazy_o.gif

You obviously haven't heard any of Joris Voorn's stuff, although tbf, he mostly does mnml techno.

Techno was wellll represented... biggrin_o.gif

I lost the plot when Technasia played 2 The Floor(with DJ Nasty and Fletch Flex) yay.gifnotworthy.gif

Intec Records marquee included:

Marco Bailey

Jon Rundell

Christian Smith

Cave

Ben Sims

Circo Loco marquee included:

Luciano

Tania Vulcano

Guido Schneider

Loco Dice

Matt John (Live)

Concept marquee included:

Gaetano Parisio

Paco Osuna

Jesper Dahlbäck

Bryan Cox

Blake Baxter

Darren Kay

Juan Atkins

Joris Voorn

Carl Cox's Global marquee included:

Trevor Rockcliffe (twice!wink_o.gif

Carl Cox

Monika Kruse

Jack de Marseille

Michel de Hey

Christian Varela

yay.gifyay.gif

i just had a look round the website and it was a right pain in the arse.. really bad website.. so i could only be bothered to check the friday line up and the only thing that i'd really want to go to was derrick may..

i'll admit i'm a bit out of touch these days tho..

just checked out joris voorns site and listened to a few things

some nice sounds but nothing that really made my ears prick up

i'll check out some more tho maybe i hit a couple of duff tracks

Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway (the CD, not just the song. Though, the song is on that CD. crazy_o.giftounge2.gif )

inlove.gif

i just had a look round the website and it was a right pain in the arse.. really bad website.. so i could only be bothered to check the friday line up and the only thing that i'd really want to go to was derrick may..

i'll admit i'm a bit out of touch these days tho..

just checked out joris voorns site and listened to a few things

some nice sounds but nothing that really made my ears prick up

i'll check out some more tho maybe i hit a couple of duff tracks

Yeah it is quite an annoying website confused_o.gif

The Saturday lineup was much better, plus the crowd about tripled in size to around 70 000 wink_o.gifyay.gif

Name a Detroit techno producer/DJ you like then...

Guest Ti0n3r

Sting - Fields of gold (album)

very chilled, soft and unique music... I've been listening to it for months. Go get it!

i did :P

derrick may

also i seen juan atkins was on also aswell as blake baxter tho i cant remember hearing anything recent by blake baxter and he could be dodgy anyway..although i suppose everyone has their

"shite" moments..

err

stacy pullen

kenny larkin

theo parrish

carl craig

underground resistance

jeff mills (wheres my rabbit ? is a purpose maker track)

mad mike

redplanet stuff (got every release on this label apart from a bonus track on a comp CD which i didn'y buy cos CD's are filthy :P)

kevin saunderson..e-dancer

octave-one

anthony shakir

drexciya

suburban knight

err theres a few i can think of off the top of me head