red oct

Music Recommendations

For those of you who never heard of them; YOU'RE FIRED!

fixed...

I was sold the first time I heard them, which was when I saw the video for Sober.

Ok guys, it's there. The new Tool album, 10.000 Days. Depending on where you live, it will be released anywhere between April 28 and May 2.

But, you know, cough, the internet... welcome.gif

Let me tell you this: Tool's new record is definitely their best, period. Guitar to the fore, and Danny's drumming and Justin's bass play are so incredible, this album will blow you away. Seriously.

If you like progressive rock, metal, hard rock, stuff like that, go and buy that album. Do it. Then, go see them live. yay.gif

Anything by The Doors

The Kinks

Robert Johnson's complete collection

Anything by Simon and Garfunkel

Canned heat, good mix of blues and rock

I cant stand the following,

Emo, Screamo, heavy metal, death metal and all kinds of etal. Rap mad_o.gif . but emo music is without a doubt the worst for me. My personal opinion is that it is the Blues for the mentally challenged. Honestly Robert Johnson could have taken them all down if he hadnt died in the 30's.

Paul Weller - As Is Now

Good stuff mate.

Oasis

The Verve

The Stone Roses

The Jam

Richard Ashcroft

The Libertines

The Coral

Blur

Ian Brown

Paul Weller

Radiohead

The Zutons

Kasabian

Razorlight

The Subways

The Sex Pistols

Babyshambles

The Strokes

Dirty Pretty Things

Massive Attack

The Magic Numbers

Buzzcocks

The Clash

Coldplay

The Who

The Small Faces

Joy Division

Slade

Arctic Monkeys

Thin Lizzy

Pulp

Graham Coxon

Nine Black Alps

Fatboy Slim

Pixies

Real Big Fish

The Prodigy

The Kinks

Kaiser Chiefs

Queen

Interpol

Jimi Hendrix

The Hives

Little Man Tate

Green Day

Editors

Johnny Cash

The Chemical Brothers

Dogs

Pink Floyd

The La's

The Cribs

Nirvana

Lately I've been listening to The Zutons new album "Tired of Hanging Around" and an advance copy of Dirty Pretty Things' album "Waterloo to Anywhere".

Quote[/b] ]The Kinks

who dosent like the kinks biggrin_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Haha emo, Blues for the mentally challenged. That's true;)

Anyway, I feelt I had to recommend Paolo Conte. An Italian jazz pianist. You have to hear it with your own ears since it's hard to explain how it sounds and how good it really is. Check out his 2004 album Elegia. Definetly the best stuff I've heard so far this year. (I had been looking for it since the release but I didnt find it until now.)

Linkin Park rocks. If you think different, you haven't listened to their music.

smile_o.gif

BTW; Kelly Clarkson to yay.gif (She's a good looker also wink_o.gif)

Quote[/b] ]Linkin Park rocks. If you think different, you haven't listened to their music.

I think very differently, and i have listened to all there music, i thought the two albums they had hybrid somthing and that other one were alright at one point, but then i found better music, and realised that i never really liked them. After listening to some real music I looked in retrospective and felt a bit stupid for liking them confused_o.gif

sort of falls under the all sorts of etal catogary in my previous post

Linkin Park rocks. If you think different, you haven't listened to their music.

IMO Hybrid Theory and Meteora are <s>pretty good</s> ok, but i really dont like everything else, and when i really started listening to them i realised that that were better bands out there..  wink_o.gif (But thats just IMO wink_o.gif )

Anyways, i like:

Amon Amarth

Bathory

Einherjer

Heidevolk

In Flames (especialy Come Clarity and Clayman)

Korn (The last 2 albums werent that good)

Opeth

Thyrfing (Farsotstider is a really good album IMO)

Thronar (Dutch battle metal band, totally unknown but really good, if you ever run into one of their albums, just buy it, altough i find them impossible to get in the Netherlands, so i doubt anyone else can find them wink_o.gif )

And some music made by Hans Zimmer, and the LOTR2 theme for relaxing...  wink_o.gif

Clap your hands say yeah! The Archie Bronson Outfit, The Concretes and The Radio Department are hotter in my book than ever now that spring is here again. Shout Out Louds aswell, check them out! biggrin_o.gif

The Concretes

The Concretes were supporting The Magic Numbers when I went to see them last month. I wasn't really impressed; they seemed very nervous on stage to begin with.

The people I was with seemed to like them though and I thought their bassist was pretty good.

The Concretes

The Concretes were supporting The Magic Numbers when I went to see them last month. I wasn't really impressed; they seemed very nervous on stage to begin with.

The people I was with seemed to like them though and I thought their bassist was pretty good.

I haven't seen em live, but on record I reckon they're awesome. Maybe not their latest one, but nonetheless quite a good band. They also have a few other great Swedish indie acts on their own label, Licking fingers.

The "being Swedish"-part might have made the nervousity worse, our musicians seem to be partial to the "looking into the ground, playing a few songs and calling it a night"-approach tounge2.gif

The Fratellis

'Creeping Up The Backstairs' is rocktastic pop-pickers, if it doesn't make you yay.gif , you're not a banana.

'The Gutterati?' is good too. There's not enough songs with harmonicas, and if you don't agree - you're wrong.

Ok guys, it's there. The new Tool album, 10.000 Days. Depending on where you live, it will be released anywhere between April 28 and May 2.

But, you know, cough, the internet... welcome.gif

Let me tell you this: Tool's new record is definitely their best, period. Guitar to the fore, and Danny's drumming and Justin's bass play are so incredible, this album will blow you away. Seriously.

If you like progressive rock, metal, hard rock, stuff like that, go and buy that album. Do it. Then, go see them live. yay.gif

Good old interent..

Though I stroonggly disagree 10,000 Days is their best album.. For me Opiate, Anemea, Undertow, some songs of Laterus, and one or two other random things I liked faar better than 10,000 days, which is kinda disappointing..

I still like the new album, but it's not as good as I'd hoped it is..

Anyway, few new bands I like..

Chevelle, someof their songs are pretty good, reason I found them is because their song "Prove To You" was mislabeled as Tool (They do sound quite similar).. Prove To You, Skeptic, Anticipation, and Sma are not bad (All of Point #1 album)

Dreg, have two okay songs, Symbol Song, and Ode To The Sun, both on different albums.. The rest of the songs i find kinda dull..

Kyuss, songs Deamon Cleaner, Green Machine

Pearl Jam, most of the Yeild album, and songs Corduroy, Light Years, Immortality

The Pixies, Where is my Mind (Started listening to that again just before Fight Club was on TV, which is slightly odd tounge2.gif), Debaser, Here Comes Your Man

My Dying Bride, The Price of Beauty, Your Shamefull Heaven

Incubus, mainly the Make Yourself album, the first few songs are good, as is Drive and Pardon Me

Apocolyptica, Quutamo, No Education.

Anyway, if people haven't heard Tool before, GO AND LISTEN TO THEM!

Anemea is probobaly their best song to start off with, shove it in something like www.pandora.com or, thanks to the magic that is Google Videos :

Aenima : http://video.google.com/videopl....pl=true

Stinkfist : http://video.google.com/videopl....pl=true

Parabola (Skip the first half, which is titled Parabol on the album) : http://video.google.com/videopl....pl=true

Prison Sex : http://video.google.com/videopl....pl=true

(Live) Sober : http://video.google.com/videopl....pl=true

The videos are... pretty fecking weird, but I far prefer them tot he average "Look at us play!!11", it has some thought and (in most cases) effort behind it..

- Ben

Guest Ti0n3r
The Pixies, Where is my Mind (Started listening to that again just before Fight Club was on TV, which is slightly odd tounge2.gif), Debaser, Here Comes Your Man

You should check out the stuff Frank Black did after the Pixies broke up. Teenager of the year (1994) is imo one of the best albums ever made. yay.gif

You should check out the stuff Frank Black did after the Pixies broke up. Teenager of the year (1994) is imo one of the best albums ever made. yay.gif

I agree.. It's better than anything The Pixies made.

I've been listening to the Beatles again lately.

I was way into the Beatles when I was around twelve to fourteen. Eventually I moved on to other things and had not really listened to them much in years other than the odd song here and there on the radio. All the sudden two weeks ago I kept getting songs from the white album stuck in my head and found my self humming them when no one was around.

All my Beatle CDs were stolen a while back but I still have some audiocassettes. Unfortunately the tape decks on my stereo are both shot, which is a major reason for me not listening to my Beatles albums in years. Luckily I dug out my old walkman and it still works. Good times.

Now that I'm older my perspective has changed and I hear more of the music than I used to. Some songs have completely different meanings to me now. The biggest difference though is the instruments and different vocals. When I was young I just heard a song, now I hear every instrument and voice separately.

As I sat listening to the white album for the first time in around ten or more years I got to thinking about how much the world, myself and all the people I love and care about have changed in all that time.

To be honest I became rather melancholy. Most the changes in my life and the world in the past ten years have been negative. Ten years ago were rough times, but still there were patches of happiness and even the roughest moments hardy compare to events I’ve had to face since then.

Life goes on I guess.

Well back on topic you guys should listen to “and your bird can sing†the instrumentation is very nice. It’s a very cheery song.

The beatles are a very popular band, alot of the time i dont understand why. There are a few songs of theirs I like though:

a hard days Night

Back in the USSR

Day Tripper

Here comes the sun (though ive only heard the one where George Harrison sings with Paul Simon.)

I havent taken the time to listen to all of there music but just from a glance those are my favorates

i dont mind the beatles , there not my favourite, i guess its more of a generational thing "you had to be there" ? some have stood the test of time ,i guess i never thought of them until oasis did similar work and i decided to listen to the original. i am the walrus etc by the beatles.

anyway , to my own weird taste, apart from the obligatory "everything really", i like to messabout on ofp with some of this in the back ground while in the editor "learning new things"

danielle de neise

great on cat_afghanistan

Wave of mutilation - The best of the Pixies is the only cd I have by the pixies and I only bought it because of Fight Club smile_o.gif

never regrettet though and seems that "teenager of the year" is on my buying list =D

other than that I can only recommend lots of classic rock smile_o.gif

glad we have a radio station that plays solely classic rock so I can listen to it in the car, so much better than the current stuff they play on other stations

Guest Ti0n3r

If you like their Best of CD then it's really worth getting all of their albums, since they're all excellent - still they all have a different sound. icon5.gif

The Cure - Love will tear us apart

Pretty decent, together with "A forest" and "In your house" the only the cure songs I actually like smile_o.gif

Well back on topic you guys should listen to “and your bird can sing†the instrumentation is very nice. It’s a very cheery song.

I digged up my moms Beatles collection to hear this one - Freaking awesome song! smile_o.gif

EDIT: Supah, check out Nouvelle Vagues version of those songs - Theyr'e top class! And isn't Love will tear us apart a Joy Division tune? wow_o.gif