Sign in to follow this  
FischKopp

SEF_HMMWV

@DB-ERAUPilot

speak with FischKopp, i've sended him fixed version of hmmwv addon wink_o.gif

thanks martin...ill contact FK

@DB-ERAUPilot

speak with FischKopp, i've sended him fixed version of hmmwv addon  wink_o.gif

Does this mean you fixed the more-than-normal shaking of the hmmwvs? Please say so, I know all wheeled vehicles with guns in OFP have a bit of a shaking problem but these are a lot worse than others, even the unarmed versions.  It almost makes this otherwise excellent addon unusable.

@DB-ERAUPilot

speak with FischKopp, i've sended him fixed version of hmmwv addon  wink_o.gif

Does this mean you fixed the more-than-normal shaking of the hmmwvs? Please say so, I know all wheeled vehicles with guns in OFP have a bit of a shaking problem but these are a lot worse than others, even the unarmed versions.  It almost makes this otherwise excellent addon unusable.

It's shame, but i don't know how to fix it sad_o.gif

@FischKopp  i will send you link again

[EDIT]

FischKopp check you PM wink_o.gif

I'm not sure if this has already been pointed out, but the Woodland M2 Crows and the associated MP version share the same model.

Anyone can fix problem that give these error "operator unknown"

problem its in Sef_misc.pbo

maybe it s a problem of config cpp

If you would check all the other SEF threads you would see that this has been asked many times in each one of them...

And answered at least in one of them, I think it was the LAV thread..

It seems to be caused by certain things in the config although the error itself appears as a scripting error...

Yet the error message is lacking some things that would usually be included in the mesage instead of just '0'..

Dunno whether FischKopp has had any success with this, I myself have been too busy to even think about this problem...

So what happened with that fixed version Martin_BM said about?

At mom i´m busy with USMC 1.4. But i´ve done some work to figure out that damn bug in the misc config file.

As far as I know (I'm not a vehicle modeller, I simply remeber reading this somewhere on one of the forums), its to do with the Land Contact memory points being slightly out of position, and causing the Geometry LOD (I think) to clip into the ground. OFP doesn't like this, and it causes the car/tank/whatever to bounce up and down.

after running SEF_Misc.pbo in OFPLint by Mikero i got this error:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">SEF_Misc.pbo

config.cpp Line 2681: Expected class, define, or varname

i suppose that might be the problem that is causing the anoying message at startup? i didnt and wont do anything about it as i have no clue what this might be.

The "Shaking" problem is caused by the faulty distribution of weight in the Geometry LOD.

For instance...  no part of tank may weigh more than one of its tracks!

So if u have a tank that weights 50'000 kg, the weight has to be distributed accordingly:

Right track= 10'000 kg's

Left track= 10'000 kg's

Hull= 10'000 kg's

Turret= 10'000 kg's MAX

Barrel/Gun= 5'000 kg's MAX

Cupola/Commanders's Turret= 5'000 kg's MAX

and

In total= 50'000 kg's

Similar weight distribution should be applied to a car or a truck!

If done incorrectly, the model will try to tip over.

It took me a frigg'n year to figure this out!

@Martin_BM: Sorry, i got you file but i was real laty and also i neeed a change from addon making. Played a lot of diffrent games. But now i feel the OFP-fire inside me and i will look to give a updated version to OFPC.de.

The init bug is also found.

@Jay L. Macrae: Thx to share this. I will test it on the new Stuff from me (MTVR, HMMWV, LVS ... ). But funny that the auto-weight function of o2 cause that.

I was just reading what Jay wrote up above, and was wondering if we could get permission to edit the weight distribution on your models FK? A few of my squad mates want to stick to an all USMC loadout and feel weird sitting in Army equipment. IE: M113 that says US Army on it, or was it the CH-47, who knows, but I think you know what I mean.

I'm still learning O2, but I have plenty of people to help. I'll even see about putting out a patch if it works. Thx for all of the hard work.

Well doc, it looks like FK might be making a patch for it already... so lets just sit tight for a week and then check back to see if he did, if not... then we will try to get permission thumbs-up.gif

I've found a update released on 8th of November on OFP-Center.de

Quote[/b] ]

Fischkopp schickte uns ein Update für sein SEF HMMWV Pack. Das Update wurde zum größten Teil von Martin_BM gemacht.

Translation:

Quote[/b] ]

Fischkopp send us an update for his SEF HMMWV Pack.

The update was mainly done by Martin_BM.

Hadn't the time to try it out as those 35 megs are quite much for my 56k.

SEF HMMWV Patch Download

Thx Locke, downloaded it and the error message has gone and the hmmwv's seem to work without problems. Luverly!

wink_o.gif

Just to clear out:

The 'unknown operator' bug was not caused by anything reported by OFPLint.. (OFPLint doesn't check anything else than opening brackets-closing brackets ( {}; ) in *.cpp )..

Although there was a missing closing bracket (or one too many, can't really remember) in there which didn't cause any problems, at least not the bug in question...

It was caused by one very very small typo in the misc.pbo config..

Eh Gah, when will the bouncing ever stop!!!

this is geting very anoyying with this bouncing crap...

please help!

Just tried the update. Nice, but something is wrong with the M2HB sound. Sounds like it is underwater and lots of popping and crackling.

it also happens to the CBT humvee addon

so your not alone

Just tried the update. Nice, but something is wrong with the M2HB sound. Sounds like it is underwater and lots of popping and crackling.

I never got this problem, till i got the update from Martin_BM. First i thought it was caused by soundcards ... but i doubt it. Then i got it too. And i figured out it was caused by a dammaged sound file. I replaced it and it worked for me probverly. Maybe the sound file is dammaged again in your file.