Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

jackal has the right idea to put a lil' yellow postit on his forehead and remind him

HI, hey jackal, i think that the green composhite of the Diemacos should be more clear, more pure OD green than dark green; i guess

that it must look like a bit like in a spanish CETME LC but well, i never seen a Diemaco myself, so i could be wrong... i just say it for if this helps; once released some people could begin to complain "why is so dark?, is not like that, ain't like it" and that kind of things, u know. Let's C ya

*sigh*

The colouration seen in THIS IMAGE is OLD. It has been replaced by THIS COLOURATION. The screenshot is quite dark (how screenshots in Buldozer are pasted into Photoshop, altering it too much makes it seem overly bright so I only tweaked it slightly). As such, it still looks too green - I assure you it isn't and that it looks fine ingame.

Awesome work Jackal, the foregrip in the revised version looks a lot better, a flat matte finish to it. smile_o.gif

*sigh*

The colouration seen in THIS IMAGE is OLD. It has been replaced by THIS COLOURATION. The screenshot is quite dark (how screenshots in Buldozer are pasted into Photoshop, altering it too much makes it seem overly bright so I only tweaked it slightly). As such, it still looks too green - I assure you it isn't and that it looks fine ingame.

dont sigh mate keep on truckin'

the C7 looks great nothing wrong with it at all nice colouration good proportians its perfect or as god as a WIP can be anyway

I think the new colouration looks good. thumbs-up.gif

Sorry for double post, but just saw those screenshots over at ofp.info, they look freaking amazing! notworthy.gif

Ha, I think he was trying to draw attention away from this thread, with his "exclusive OFP.info" pics... tounge2.gif

And by requesting a big link to this thread he accomplished what? tounge2.gif

Anyways, when I was shown those, I was pleasantly surprised, especially by SOCOM. inlove.gif

i hope u are properly crediting ppl like lama who made that mk23 and I who made the m203

Those weapons are absolutely great looking, but is it worth to model each pin and edge of the weapon?

Who cares about it in gameplay - noone really cares,if one is hunting by AI or is hunting AI?Ŕnd how many faces do it have ->performance?

I hope you know what i am saying...well done art work - not the question - but think at gameplay....The graphic engine of Ofp is not able to show these details for most pc´s while playing icon_rolleyes.gif

edit: am talking about http://ofp.neco.cz/news....203.jpg

Most of the detail is added through textures...the model isn't as high poly as you might think. The pins and details you see are just textures applied. Im talking about small details.

Where do you see that much detail? banana-food3.gif

I can't speak for Jackal326, but I'm pretty damn sure the majority of those details are through well-made textures, not little modelled bits and pieces.

I think it's a tribute to the quality of the weapon's texturing that you think those are modelled on there. The models are substantially higher-poly than the BIS weapons. The models are fairly high-poly I'd say, but Jackal knows when to stop adding details. Given my experiances with the guy, it's either:

i) When it can impact gameplay, or, and much more likely:

ii) When he goes bat-shit insane and starts shooting things in-game with the M-82A1 he's worked on.

i hope u are properly crediting ppl like lama who made that mk23 and I who made the m203

Of course mate. The list of credits is longer than the rest of the readme containing all the classnames etc. Some of the models are quite old ones that I've had on my HDD for quite some time (some pre-dating CS: Source), as such I've lost the original author(s) name(s), but their lack of credits is unintentional - anyone that pours hard work into the model/textures/UV'ing deserves crediting. My apologises go to anyone I miss, and if they let me know they'll be credited in a revised version of the readme.

As for the M16A4 w/ M203 etc. being high poly, well, its lower poly than the "old" version and looks a lot better. The M203 is ~100 faces less than the older model, and having replaced it with the one Twinke modelled (and textured), you can see it looks shed-loads better. I haven't noticed an impact on performance during testing during the evolution of the pack.

Ha, I think he was trying to draw attention away from this thread, with his "exclusive OFP.info" pics...

No, I was never trying to draw attention away from the thread, I was merely trying to stop the bullshit posts that kept creeping in "ADD X, ADD Y AND MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE Z!" - I don't need suggestions for ADDITIONS, I need suggestions for fixes of any inaccuracies etc.

the C8 and SFW are two different weapons.

C8A2:

c8-annot.gif

SFW(Special Forces Weapon):

sfw4ze.jpg

Essentially, an SFW is the same as a C8A2, except it has a RIS/RAS.

Another noticable difference between the C8/SFW and an M4 is the 16" barrel.

barrels5io.jpg

Now M16A4 issue:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news....203.jpg

The railcovers cannot be attached in a <--<-- way, only back to back like <-- -->. Because they need to clip into one of two points wich are only in one of the two places on a RIS/RAS (front and end), it would be like this:

m16rails0ri.jpg

id-macpher2-2.jpg

Seems like C7s are being getting short barrels

That's NOT a C7A2. That's a C8 SFW.

http://www.diemaco.com/sfw-page.htm

Infact its a C8A2, not an sfw.. "but why? it has an ANPEQ module and EOTech sight thats covering the half top rail!"

Well its apparently been fitted with rails on the outside of the regular frontgrip of the C8, so the owner could attach whatever accessories he/she saw fit even if he/she didnt have a SFW issued.

example on how, under the handguards:

MT-R6andVG-GRwtmk.jpg

Those pics are "Wood-Tastic" SJB thumbs-up.gif

Infact its a C8A2, not an sfw.. "but why? it has an ANPEQ module and EOTech sight thats covering the half top rail!"

Well its apparently been fitted with rails on the outside of the regular frontgrip of the C8, so the owner could attach whatever accessories he/she saw fit even if he/she didnt have a SFW issued.

example on how, under the handguards:

To set the record straight there, that pic is of the upgraded C7A2. Unlike C8, it has 16" barrell. Its closer to SFW than C8

EDIT: C8A2 has a heavy 14.5" barrel, C8 has a standard one of same lenght

are you going to do "realistic" recoils ? because if you do:

from my expirience firing M-16 rifle the recoil in the rifle dosen't only make the rifle jump up, its goes a little sideways {in the ironsight view}. like he {the rifle} goes up and sideways in the same time, but the sideways thing is not that big, the diviation is small, but noticeable. the rifle goes diagonal upwards. and then the gun goes back into the same place you aimed. {I'm a "Sport shooting" marksman - the sport shooting type - i mainly shoot with air-rifles like feinwrkbau s-300 } .I hope you understand what I just told .  icon_rolleyes.gif

I dont think guns can recoil from side to side in OFP, just up and down which is a shame. The only way you can simulate that is with Jam's HD mags

are you going to do "realistic" recoils?

I'm going to try and make each rifle disctinctive in the way it handles (dexterity) and recoils. I guarantee they wont be 100% accurate, as people always have conflicting opinions on how weapons handle and no single opinion is correct (all depends on the user's shooting style etc).

@Jahve: Thanks for the heads-up about the M16A4 rail covers, hadn't noticed they were the wrong way around -FIXED-

I dont think guns can recoil from side to side in OFP, just up and down which is a shame. The only way you can simulate that is with Jam's HD mags

i seem to rememner an article on that on ofpec (which is down now so my memory could be stuffed).

anyway as i can remember you can define an angle then the amount the weapon jumps. by trying some unusual vlaues you can get the weapon jumping other than straight up and down. also useful IMO is making the recoil value such that it doesn't return exactly to zero = like in real life the weapon has no auto return. close to zero but not exact return adds alot of interest to firefights.

the first bullet should go where you aim, the rest deoends on weapon recoil and 'sway' .

dexterity values are going to be good as well.. too many addon makers ignore that...

biggrin_o.gif