Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

That should prevent the "off-topic faggotry" before it even starts.

Could you define "off-topic faggotry?" huh.gif

Basically your last 15 replies in this thread rofl.gif

What I meant was, people trying to guess random weapons, like last time - and we all know how that ended.

So how long is the list right now? Like over 300 weapons or am I wrong... Cannot wait... All the weapons in the pack that arent out there is great aswell offcourse, new guns...

But I do hope you put them into a crate or something, because when testing them, putting down 300 dead bodies is really not doable...

Keep it up anyway! thumbs-up.gif

I made a pistol crate for the VBS1 version. Yeah that was almost a hair puller, good luck wink_o.gif

That should prevent the "off-topic faggotry" before it even starts.

Please - won't don't need any of that SA lingo here huh.gif

A moderator? In my thread? That makes a change. Shame you weren't here 7-8 pages back when I asked for the topic to be locked...But that doesn't matter now, I'll keep my language under-wraps.

So how long is the list right now? Like over 300 weapons or am I wrong... Cannot wait... All the weapons in the pack that arent out there is great aswell offcourse, new guns...

But I do hope you put them into a crate or something, because when testing them, putting down 300 dead bodies is really not doable...

Keep it up anyway!  thumbs-up.gif

in the readme for the present version at least there are INIT: line commands for the various sets of weapons and i can't really see jackal making the weapon crates and putting 300 or more weapons in them when he can just do the scripting am i right jackal?

Keep up the great work mate wink_o.gif

Just another question SJB, What are all the new weapons added in the new version. Great Job By the way, very good.

Theres a list of them a couple of pages back

Thanks again man. BTW how do I get a pic at the sides of my posts, I'm new to this stuff

*offtopic*

huh.gif i'm no mod but this can be resolved by PM before ralph or placebo come round PM and tell me what u wanna do.

*ontopic* (stay on it)!

Its times like these that I wonder "What is the topic anyway?" tounge2.gif

EDIT: Is that M4 on the last page the Designated Marksman M4, or is it meant to be a different weapon?

Hmm. Its looks like a marksmen version. I ain't sure, wait for jackal to inform me.

m4 with a bipod and aimpoint magnifier would be great for cqb maybe thats what its for

m4 with a bipod and aimpoint magnifier would be great for cqb maybe thats what its for

Might as well be using ACOG, but it will interesting to see how it handles once I get it.

that is one of the worlds great mysteries rooney youll get it when we get it

jackal is probablly gonna kill us for all this ch

Right then, about the M24A2. Will it be in black only, or will it also feature in camo like M24?

Actually an Aimpoint without a magnifier is best for CQB. I tried doing quick reaction drills with a borrowed M4 with an ACOG, and it's just a pain to get the weapon on target (you take maybe one to two seconds more to compensate for the zoom when looking through it) and aimed properly. The point of a reflex sight is to quickly acquire and engage a target in close quarters, and magnifiers are good for rooftops and down the street, not for close in, that's what it was designed for, to extend the capabilities of an excellent optic.

The M4A1 with Aimpoint and magnifier is a custom marksman rifle I made, purely because I wanted a "custom/personalised" weapon in the pack. It doesn't replace any weapon already in the pack (e.g. the Marksman M4), its a new weapon.

The M24A2 will, for now at least, only come in the grey/black finish. I may well add camo'ed variations later on down the line, but they wont make it into the next release.

ive been scanning through the posts looking for posts on the optics.

The aimpoint model and optic are great. Just wanted to make a small request that you make the actuall red dot smaller and maybe more like a laser, transparant.

m'kay...

btw, what er your plans for armed assault? i can imagin the guns looking SO much better with normal maps for the fore grips and spec maps on the lense's biggrin_o.gif. guess you'll have to see whats possible first right :P (do'h)

lookin forward to the update.

I find aiming easy enough with the aimpoint optic as it is now, so I wont be (drastically) changing it, but a few tweaks here and there will be (and have been) made.

As for Armed Assault, once more information is released about how to convert addons, the necessary structure for the models (which more than likely, will need editing using the new O2 which was mentioned as part of the Flashpoint Workshop segment that Rastavovich presented AFAIK), I'll see what needs doing and (hopefully) do it. Like you said, its basically a case of waiting to see what the new engine is capable of, and what needs doing to the pack to bring it up to the new standard. I do plan to work on addons for Armed Assault (including a version *more like several versions* of the weapons pack), but for now I don't see the point in stopping all work on addons for OFP to work on Armed Assault, because frankly there is no point. I don't see the point in working on models etc that X months down the line, when Armed Assault and the new tools for it are released, need re-doing because they can't be imported, or they need heavy refinement when they are 'ported. With talk of the way animations for models are defined within the models themselves (whether this means how the weapon is held, or weapon animations remains to be seen), but it all sounds very promising from my perspective.