Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.085 Released!

I love this mod, it`s OFP 1.49 ( 1.5 = Armed Assault imo).

Still OFP, but looks like another game. A new advice of what can be done with the OFP engine. notworthy.gif

Now I´m waiting for the new EECP version with this effects.

Thanks to the ECP team for this unbelievable MOD. thumbs-up.gif

Hello,

congratz to your release but i got some probs now confused_o.gif

CTD (out of resource) all the time with more than 4 GB Addons (same configuration worked very well with 1.071)

- i tried with or without -nomap

- with some 1.071 configs

- only without any addons i can run Editormaps, unfortunally than with muzzleflash

... i got no idea how to escape from this situation;

for any help - thanks in advance

greetz

Jeez 4 GB?

Parvus mate cut down it a little man , i for one only go in with max 1.3 at a time thats it , if i wanna use something i go back and reload OFP play/check it and then exit. I think your problem IS the large amount of addons.

...so how do you disable the smoke trail for missiles or rockets fired from choppers?

Thats because object IDs will be different, I'm sure the ECP team would be pleased if you added them to the ECP_Island_Settings.sqf (read this file for details, it will be very simple to do) and offered them the code smile_o.gif

RED

Can't wait to see it, too!

Great Work ECP Team However I do have one problem.

The config for the mod is in cpp form and not bin form, When I try to convert it I get a property error.

Can you guys tell me how to fix this.

Ps. the only problem this causes are missing ground textures from every island except desert island

You don't need to convert to .bin, the config shoudn't have any effect on the land textures the problem is probably due to something else.

RED

What do you recommend is the least amount of ram you need for this "New Game" biggrin_o.gif i have 256mb of RAM and my comp freezes after a 20min session of CTI with your mod confused_o.gif ive ordered new RAM, but im wondering if its not my RAM and if its a bug (I doubt it, I think its my RAM) ill try playing without your mod and see if t locks up still wink_o.gif

Hello,

CTD (out of resource) all the time with more than 4 GB Addons (same configuration worked very well with 1.071)

- only without any addons i can run Editormaps, unfortunally than with muzzleflash

greetz

Jeez 4 GB?

Parvus mate cut down it a little man , i for one only go in with max 1.3 at a time thats it , if i wanna use something i go back and reload OFP play/check it and then exit. I think your problem IS the large amount of addons.

Thx Ace ... ill give them a try;

but its interesting that it works with 1.071

- looks like i'm alone with this problem

... is there a limit for addons used with the new ECP?

Thank you guys very much. But i keep coming up with questions lol.

1. How can i tweak the volume of the AI speaking?

You could either edit the sound files or the ECP config, it is not possible to do it with scripting.

RED

Where in the config can i edit it? Exactly what line because i don't want to mess anything up.

Also you said that the AI can call for support. If i have a group of men, and i have them ambush an enemy convoy. But find out that they're over powered, how can i get them to call for support?

Hello,

greetz

Jeez 4 GB?

Thx Ace ... ill give them a try;

but its interesting that it works with 1.071

- looks like i'm alone with this problem

... is there a limit for addons used with the new ECP?

I have in addons and res addons folder not 4GB but around 3.80GB and have no such error m8.

Dunno what it will do when I go over 4GB.

Try to lower it abit down to 3.80GB and see what it do wink_o.gif

What do you recommend is the least amount of ram you need for this "New Game" biggrin_o.gif i have 256mb of RAM and my comp freezes after a 20min session of CTI with your mod confused_o.gif ive ordered new RAM, but im wondering if its not my RAM and if its a bug (I doubt it, I think its my RAM) ill try playing without your mod and see if t locks up still wink_o.gif

Well this freezing shouldnt be because of low RAM (or maybe?) but yeah you should try sticking another 256mb in it , Ofp is ram/cpu hungry so 512 should be good. I had 512 before and it ran fine i got 768 mb now so its better.

@Parvus , i dont think theres any limit set but hey its OFP its unporedictable beyond 2 GB of addons i got all sort of troubles when i did it even sent BIS my rpt file and all and they told me i had too many addons and rightly so. 4 gb in your case is too much. 2 should be the limit imo.

er.... parvus, and why dont u organice your addons in separate folders? ive got about 3 gb of addons and all of them are in separates folder, one is BAS-LSR, another RHS-ORCS, and to load everything i simply have one shortcut in desktop that loads everything....using this i only load what im going to use, not everything, so ofp goes faster! smile_o.gif

errr..... obviously i have shortcuts to load the separate folders, one for BAS-LSR, another for RHS-ORCS, etc....

I apologise to have to inquire again, however as i previously metioned about the surrending effect..i altered the relevant details to my liking (yes i did remove the commentation marks smile_o.gif), however the AI does not surrender as often as i'd like it to (often all of the enemy is killed and they had plenty of time to surrender etc)

Sorry to be bothersome

Great work ECP team!  biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for your time

Extremeus Decimus

Hmm... ok problem... I notice that after about 10-20min of play I get CTD's using the ECP mod.  I am using it with just a test folder with the LoBo Sinai map (and Mapfacts, AGS, ect... 3rd party building addons) and  stock BIS units.  Nothing else is in the folder.  But afterwhile the game crashes.  No error shows up however.  Just a freeze.  The last freeze and CTD happened when an Apache crashed into a building.   I have a Emachines T3990 PC with a Intel Celeron D 335 Processor (2.8ghz), 256kb L2 cache, 768 megs of RAM, and a Gforce FX5200 128meg video card.  All my OFP settings are set to fairly low graphics settings but with view distance at 1500 meters.  Frame rates are great by the way.  On the particular mission I had a very large number of units 7 enemy infantry squads 1 enemy tank platoon, a 4 individual tanks and around 5 snipers.   My force consisted of 2 A-10s, 1 Apache, 1 Kiowa OH-58, 1 M1A1 platoon, and an IFV/APC platoon of 3 Bradleys and 1 M113 with 3 6 man squads in the Bradleys and 1 nine-man squad in the M113.  

Everything was going well and we were kicking ass with most of Suez City cleared until the Apache hit the building and CTD.

The OH-58 and one of the A10's were shot down earlier with no problems so its a little perplexing.  

I also did the mission about 5 times (making adjustments to the mission) before it did that, but the first few times I only played a few minutes into the mission before going back to the map editor.

sad_o.gif

I also encountered a CTD using another mod folder full of other addons but I don't remember the exact circumstances.

Anyways...I just thought I'd let you know about the problem in case it helps any.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thx - i see now the 2 GB make sense

and sure i organize my modfolder

f.e. the new2 folder has 2,59 GB and works very well with FDF;

in combination with ECP i got CDT's - significant or?

Right, I extensively tested OFP without ECP and it froze again, but it took alot more to do it than before, so i think its my RAM. im quite happy with that result as i dont like it to be this mod thats causing the probs. smile_o.gif

I should get my extra 512mb of ram soon so ill be ok (I hope)

You Have 4GB of Addons crazy_o.gif i might have that in MODs but not addons.

I reinstalled OFP so i have a fresh start. the menu on Mission editor is so easy to navigate now biggrin_o.gif

xmas_o.gif today was like x-mas for me! much thanks to the ECP team from me! its really a huge gameplay enhancement, the long waiting time was well used! the only, little critic i have is the fact that you used the old standart BIS soldiers instead of modern and better moddeled units, like y2k3 do it. as an helpless user who is completely incompetent in modding, i cant make a script for using better units. new units will be like the cream on the cake.

ecp? inlove.gif i love it!

RAM and Addons is vital...

cpu speed and a.i reaction times ( how long time it takes for a a.i soldier to turn around and shoot you ) is vital too i have discovered.

The more RAM memory the less chance of ofp crashing down i have discovered.

faster CPU makes missions faster and harder some how crazy_o.gifpistols.gifbiggrin_o.gif

i had a missions with tons of enemys with jam hd weapons and playing on my 2.0 gig processor comp i could usually avoid the bullets by running calmly zig zag but when i played at my friends 2.6 gig processor computer the same mission became suddenly much more tense and faster gmae play wise ad all, i had to hold down shift + W and run zig zag randomly to avoid getting hit and i still took 1-2 shots in my arms running towards the exraction point tounge2.gif

And when i had 128 mb ram on the computer i rmemember ofp crashing down in flames as soon as i had packed to many addons in the addon folders and then trying mod folder way laters but i still hit the limit after a while.

but with later 512 mb ram and now 1024 i don't worry much , only thing i notice is that starting ofp and reaching the main menu's can be slower with many mod folders , addons loaded.

so yeah to put it short RAM makes a difference with stability and addons.

Oh! So many questions... banghead.gif

At Gothico:

As I've stated before, the "Core" and "Full" installers look for an wildcard labelled "flashpoint*.exe". Once it found the application, it checks its version, which must be 1.96 or higher.

Now, in order to keep your OFP folder "clean", you should copy your Flashpointresistance/Flashpointbeta application into another folder and install ECP right there.

At rjjr:

What application are you using to binarise the configuration?

I use CPP2BIN and, like you, I face several problems.

Mine are related with preprocessing, since CPP2BIN fails to do it. I, therefore, built an application that does it for me. If you want a binarised configuration, just send us an e-mail with the settings you'd like it to feature, such as favourite NVG model, sound configuration (Dynamic Range and default are the only available, atm) and especific value changes - models and AI sensitivity, for example.

Anyway, your problem doesn't seem to be related with ECP. Rather some sort of fault which ECP has revealed - make sure you have a proper installation, upgraded engine, and you've tried the application switches "-nomap" or "-nosplash". PTNbrvieira has reported sound failure while using ECP and he has solved it resorting to "-nosplash". We've explained that on previous posts.

At Parvus:

Hmm... Well, we don't have anykind of addons restrictions. tounge2.gif We'd like to, mainly against wankers (internal joke) rofl.gif.

Have you tried running OFP with and without "-nomap"? Have you tried ECP without that shitload of addons?

ECP can, indeed, cause some memory impact. Using such amount of addons does, most certainly, contribute for instability. Before releasing, I tried 6GB of addons and ECP ran most missions without major problems. My biggest problem was the memory usage - I only have 512MB and it was almost fully dedicated to OFP... Many background applications caused ingame lag. Perhaps you're running applications that, instead of lag, contribute for "Out Of Reserved Memory" CTD's.

At Extremeus Decimus

We're two!

I test in Veteren Mode, Super AI and I must agree that surrenderings are very rare. In Cadet Mode or without Super Ai, surrenderings happen much often. Why?

Well, only fleeing units will surrender. Under cadet modet, this is more easily achievable. Also, Super AI will surrender, but will also come back into action very soon - the monitoring scripts fail, therefore, to process previously fleeing units as they get back to fight.

With the Mod folders my OFP map is near 15.7GB biggrin_o.gifnener.gif

But really in my orginal addons folder and res addons folder my addons are near 3,8GB and ECP runs fine no drop down in FPS it runs very smooth thumbs-up.gif

And my OFP addons folder is really with Mod folders is really 15.7GB crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

and I have no problems with it or any errors

Here is the picture

image16nu.jpg

95kb

My system specs are

AMD Athlon 3600 64bit

2048 DDR Ram

Geforce 6800 video card

and a 380GB HD 7200rpm rofl.gif

crazy_o.gif

your crazy Extraction, no wonder the BAS missions and addons lagged my old comp rofl.gif

I can remember the Blackhawk mission cutscene getting behind itself because of the major lag.

It was a

PIII 500mhz though whistle.gif

but I have a

P4 2.8ghz

nVidia GeForce 5600FX

256mb ram mad_o.gif (im still waiting posty for my mail)

And a very sexy mouse....

I wonder what Upgrades Ill need for OFP2 sad_o.gif

Forgot to say ECP team wonderfull I am really enjoying this new ECP thumbs-up.gifnotworthy.gif

@Silent Sniper you are not the first that says I am crazy but I am not crazy I am a maniak rofl.gifnener.gif

I made a mission where i use HYK's modern infantry troops defend a town against terrerists. Ok the us infantry has a full squad with 2 cbt humvees and 2 Vit AH-1's which are inbound on their postion. The terrerists have 3 urls full of men and 2 mg jeeps.

Before the helis even get there, most of the squad is taken out, why are the us guys retreating? Or atleast throwing a smoke? They just keep firing until they die.

So i come in my AH-1, start blowing em all up. So the terrisests throw smokes, green, white and red. First of all what do these mean? Komuna said on page 13 they are colours for retreating, but what is the difference in colour? And how come they don't surrender when they have no chance of winning? They pop the smokes but don't retreat, they keep firing. How do i get em to surrender?

P.S. - I did use the activiation trigger, i know it works cause i hear DSAI in the Vit AH-1's.

Also where in the config do i tweak the DSAI volume? I want to raise it.

Thanks a lot for your help!