Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.085 Released!

Great this time I got an error with the dynamic range pbo.......augh *redownloads*

Try downloading the seperate installers, smaller downloads if anything goes wrong smile_o.gif

RED

A ton of work went into this. I didn't contribute much to this release beyond a couple of ideas, but I've been watching the development over the past 8 months or so.

I was pretty amazed when I got my hands on 1.075 back in January. I dug into the scripts and my jaw pretty much dropped at how much had changed (the database function in particular is absolutely terrifying without comments.) And DSAI... wow, don't even get me started on that. The first time I tried it, I was blown away. The thought of creating such a thing never even entered my mind.

Those of you who don't go digging around scripts will probably never have a full understanding of just how much work went into this. It's really pretty much the most impressive player-made project I've seen come out of any game. There are so many complex elements, yet they all work perfectly together.

Even the seemingly little things required unimaginable amounts of work. Zay and Komuna were working on perfecting the grenades up until a day or two ago... And they'd been working on those since before I first joined up.

I'm very impressed. I'm just glad I can finally talk about it. tounge2.gif

took her for a test run or a couple biggrin_o.gifwhistle.gif

I love ECP!!! inlove.gifnotworthy.gif

wonder if this will work for armed assualt too smile_o.gif

man i tried first some test runs in nogova town Lipany and then tried two of the bis missions black ops

I really love this stuff. But isnt it a little bit unrealistic that spetznas and blackops chat while they are sneaking in a camp or something? Its not that important forget it. But its really cool. Thanks for your great work. The Battle is now really intense, never had that feeling in a game before.

I really love this stuff. But isnt it a little bit unrealistic that spetznas and blackops chat while they are sneaking in a camp or something? Its not that important forget it. But its really cool. Thanks for your great work. The Battle is now really intense, never had that feeling in a game before.

You can exclude any class of unit or any individual unit from chatting if you like, please check ecp_settings.sqf , look under DSAI heading for instructions. Its very easy.

Wow, this really made it a whole new game....

but i want to ask, how does this effect 3rd party addons?

do they have to be configured for ECP to work fully, or can i use lets say RHS units and they communicate and talk in the same way as the default BIS units do?

Unfortunately you haven't replaced the tracers , but it doesn't matter... If I remember well , kurayami's in charge ... wink_o.gif

We never intended to,

Bn880 has already made an excellent insert addon for those that wish for that effect.

wow, this is great! except, I don't think the explosion effects look quite right, and there is no 3d craters sad_o.gif could someone please explain to me how you edit the settings in the file? I looked at the settingd file and I am not sure how to turn an option on/off. Other than that this mod is great! smile_o.gif

3d craters are on by default, they occur when a vehicle has a very large explosion. wink_o.gif

If you want to increase the probability of a very large explosion, search for "// ECP_large_exp_chance" in the ECP_settings.sqf and edit the corresponding variable.

RED

do they have to be configured for ECP to work fully, or can i use lets say RHS units and they communicate and talk in the same way as the default BIS units do?

i quote myself

I'm hoping you fine folks at ECP would tell me what I need to edit to allow for Locke's Anims (lean and roll anims) to run. (I am able to use Sanctuaries Patrol Pack--gotta replace your Anim.pbo in the dta directory with Sanc's--), but alas, I can get the lean/roll anims.

All this work you've put into it, I'm a bit embarassed to ask for this. notworthy.gif

(Also: The PDF Read-Me seems to be missing the section titled ECP Animations)

i quote myself

If a third party addon uses config eventhandlers then the corresponding ECP eventhandler will not work, check the ECP readme for info how to make third party addons work correctly with ECP.

RED

I'm hoping you fine folks at ECP would tell me what I need to edit to allow for Locke's Anims (lean and roll anims) to run. (I am able to use Sanctuaries Patrol Pack--gotta replace your Anim.pbo in the dta directory with Sanc's--), but alas, I can get the lean/roll anims.

All this work you've put into it, I'm a bit embarassed to ask for this. notworthy.gif

You may be better off asking this in the EECP thread, or Locke's thread - I have never used the roll animation set, and I am quite sure Zayfod hasn't either.

RED

O..kay.. The "leak" suddenly seems eternaly poinltess, why not just properly release it? ECP has been hyped stupidly much for it to work without any more stuff like that tounge2.gif

Anyway, \o/

- Ben

Properly release it? I thought it was properly released?!

RED

O..kay.. The "leak" suddenly seems eternaly poinltess, why not just properly release it? ECP has been hyped stupidly much for it to work without any more stuff like that tounge2.gif

Anyway, \o/

- Ben

it was to hype up people... so those who got it, got to bragg about it tounge2.gif so then those that never got it were on the edges of there seats waiting for proper release.. biggrin_o.gif

Truely amazing, thanks for the hard work ECP team.

Double worth waiting for

Tripple worth getting 'the leak' joke over us

Quattro worth downloading it biggrin_o.gif

Again, truely amazing, you guys deliver us plenty of even better moments of playing OFP!

\o/ !!

If you want to increase the probability of a very large explosion, search for "// ECP_large_exp_chance" in the ECP_settings.sqf and edit the corresponding variable.

RED

that is my problem, I am not sure how to change "corresponding value", would you mind telling me please? it is killing me!  sad_o.gif  confused_o.gif

nevermind, after taking a closer look I see it gives directions smile_o.gif