Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.085 Released!

ecp_cover_medium.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, officers and grunts, snipers and tankers, and all of the OFP community! Our publicity run is over, the leak has done his job  wink_o.gif, when he ran out of steam we were all very keen to push it some more so we worked with ACE, the best actor the web as ever seen, he laid the clues and it worked a charm. To those of you that failed to download the leaked  ECP full installer and went on a crazy, killing, night rampage as a result, we are truly sorry. So now forgive us, and enjoy the ECP download free of the worry that it will be shut off and cancelled.

It has been a very long time coming, and this day fills me with pride but also sorrow, for today we release the ECP but I must also announce that a fine and outstanding team member has moved on. RED, whom we all know and love as the wise, witty, and outspoken ECP Team member has left us. He has given much to the project and we will miss him. His past leadership and down right stubborn attitude was a large factor in the very first ECP being released. Without RED, the ECP would not be what it is today. Take care mate.

Now,

without further delay I am enormously happy (and relieved) to give you ECP 1.085 !

Play it wisely with speakers on full bore, windows open, on a 52 Inch screen.

O btw....from me Zayfod and all the ECP Team, here's a big  WOOOOOSAAAAA!

<span style='color:"Red"'>ECP patched to 1.085e. Please see below for details</span>

Please visit the Official ECP Release thread for all download links of the installers. <span style='color:"Red"'>Currently unavailable</span>

<span style='color:"Blue"'>MIRRORS:</span>

OFPC

RAAB

OFPBASE

The Graveyard Shift

OFPINFO

OGN OFP / OGN OFP homepage

IPGN OFP / IPGN OFP homepage

TEAMODB ECP 1.085/1.085e Thanks to teamodb and StealthTiger

ECP 1.085 Fountain FX HOT FIX.

In order to stop ECP fountain effects displaying on some third party addon objects please follow these steps. Before you make any alterations you may want to back up your Main config.cpp as a safety measure.

1) Open the ECP Main config.cpp with notepad, this is found in the  \@ECP\Bin folder.

2) Scroll down until you find this code:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// PBO release path

#define ECP_FOUNTAIN_EH_INIT "IF (format[{%1},ECP_path] == {scalar bool array string 0xfcffffef}) THEN {ECP_path = {\ECP_Effects\}};_this exec format[{%1fountain\ext_fount_init.sqs},ECP_path]"

3) Overwrite that code with this code:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// PBO release path

#define ECP_FOUNTAIN_EH_INIT "IF (format[{%1},ECP_path] == {scalar bool array string 0xfcffffef}) THEN {ECP_path = {\ECP_Effects\}};if ((typeof (_this select 0)) in [{Fountain},{FountainNew}]) then {_this exec format[{%1fountain\ext_fount_init.sqs},ECP_path]}"

4) Save, and exit.

ECP fountain effects should now only appear on fountains.

Tips for Dedicated Servers Only

Do not run a Dedicated Server using  ECP DynamicRange configuration. This may cause MP issues if non DynamicRange ECP clients connect concurrently with DynamicRange ECP clients and/or non ECP clients .

We recommend all Dedicated Servers to run a non DynamicRange ECP configuration. This will happily serve both DynamicRange and non DynamicRange ECP clients, for that matter it will also happily serve non ECP clients.

Server admins should confirm that their Dedicated Server config.cpp sound setup is set accordingly:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">//ORIGINAL

#include "sound.h"

//DYNAMIC RANGE - requires DR addons!

//#include "Sound_dr.h"

Also note that the following files should not be installed on a Dedicated Server

* DynamicRange.pbo

* ECP_DR_extra_sound.pbo

* ECP_DR_extra_sound_2.pbo

* ECP_DR_extra_sound_3.pbo

* ECP_DSAI.pbo

* ECP_DSAI_2.pbo

* ECP_Effects_Sounds.pbo

* ECP_rus_land_rc.pbo

* ECP_us_air_land_rc.pbo

* ECP_us_air_rc.pbo

* ECP_us_land_rc.pbo

Having them on the Dedicated Server will not break anything, but it will waste the servers resources as they are simply sound files taking up the servers ram.

Modified Config messages during MP

Due to the nature of the ECP multiple config options, (user chosen NV goggles, user chosen sound) and the fact that the server may also have NON ECP clients connected, you will always, unfortunately, have modified config messages.

ECP Client NON ECP server

Any ECP client should be able to run happily on a Vanilla RES server.

ECP clients should not attempt to join FDF or WGL servers or any other type of server that has a modified config other than the ECP config. This may crash the server and other clients.

Linux Dedicated server tips

This in from Killswitch. Note the ECP has not had the chance to test this yet, so any issues please report them.

Thanks Killswitch!

Quote[/b] ]

The Zeus servers currently run ECP 1.085. They are running on a Linux machine. How can that be, you ask?

Download that "special ZIP file" for dedicated servers off the OFPEC ECP page linked to by mathjis

Unpack the ZIP file into the OFP server folder just like you would with any other mod

Make sure all file names are in lowercase (Use tolower)

THE TRICK: Make a new, empty folder named scripts in the OFP folder

Alter your start script to copy @ecp/bin/*.cpp and @ecp/bin/*.h to the ofp server folder (the top ofp folder, where the server program and start script is)

You're good to go.

So, the trick to run ECP on linux servers is this: make an empty folder named "scripts" in the top OFP folder. The end.

BTW, the part about copying text-based bin/*.cpp files (and, for ECP, the sound.h file) is the same thing you do when hosting FDF mod, which also has a text-form core game config...

<span style='color:"Blue"'>FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE</span>

This updates the previous ECP version 1.085

This is an official ECP update. We will call it ECP 1.085e. It solves two CTD issues that the ECP 1.085 suffered from.

Simply delete or back up your existing ECP_Effects.pbo (That resides in your @ECP\Addons folder) and replace it with this one. If you choose not to delete your old ECP_Effects.pbo then make sure the back up copy is placed somewhere OTHER than in your @ECP folder.

This update replaces ONLY the ECP_Effects.pbo and no other files, do not touch any other ECP files that you have installed.

The file is compressed in RAR format.

<span style='color:"Blue"'>DOWNLOAD:</span>

ECP 1.085e

<span style='color:"Blue"'>MIRROR:</span>

ECP v1.085 + v1.085e Patch Thanks to teamodb and StealthTiger

The particular ECP CTD issues that have been solved occured during ordnance explosion FX. The CTDs occured when the Getpos command was used on an object that had no model (and yet the object existed)

Further updates will be in the next FULL official ECP patch, there are some very good code enhancements, extended MP reliability, greater addon compatibilty (BIS unit will no longer be required on the map for third party ECP compliant addons to inherit ECP effects), and a few secret special effects that may really tickle you wink_o.gif . Apart from that ECP is basically gearing up for Arma.

You probably know that Ofpec is down. Ofpec is the home of ECP and when it goes down then so do we. Well, the good news is that OGN has stepped up to the plate and has provided the host for this update.

This update was made available due to the support from OGN! With thanks to  [APS]DarkPhantom and Aussie - Thanks for hosting guys!

header_06.gif

header_12.gifheader_13.gif

header_15.gif

We would welcome Mirrors as soon as possible thanks.

<span style='color:"Blue"'>NEWS</span>

I am stepping down from running ECP for now. I leave the project in the excellent hands of Komuna. He will be running ECP from now on. I will probably be lurking around in the background for some time  whistle.gif  It has been an honour and a privilege to work with this most dedicated team, expect many great things from them in the future. I may come back later but at this stage RL has to take over.

Thanks to BIS and you the community for your support, enthusiasm, and inspiration.

Zay  thumbs-up.gif

Good work guys smile_o.gif Three cheers for the ECP team!

RED

Already downloadin'... Guys... what can I say... thanks smile_o.gif Thanks, for all your job, and that You finally released it. I'll write about mod when I'll test it biggrin_o.gif [12 mins left biggrin_o.gif]

WOOOSAAA yay.gif

Have fun, everyone.

Get the full installer right away, you know you want all the bells and whistles enabled smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Excellent and brilliant. Thanks guys!

yay.gif

Thanks alot ecp

notworthy.gif

DLing it as well, round 60% done.. cant wait to start playin a brand new ofp biggrin_o.gif

Thank you ECP team for all the hard work that went into this excellent venture.

It will provide me with alot of pleasure and will bring some life back to the good old OFP thumbs-up.gif

Excelent,brilliant,amazing !!!!

great Mod!

Thanks,

Raptor ofpc smile_o.gif

Congratulations and thank you to the ECP team.

A superb work , i can't believe what i just tested now icon14.gif

best news since the last month for me, too bad that i am away for one week smile_o.gif

so finally the "offical" release is out, hoorah ECP! tounge2.gif

May whoeveryouwant bless you all, guys!

Thanks!

Klavan

inlove.gif

Yeah big thanks for this. The AI is now so cool, i just played the old campaign mission where you have to destroy the 2 shilkas and hell it was hard. The sounds are so realistic, they are really asskicking.

Thanks a lot.

P.S.: So the leak was no failure. Damn thats pretty funny. Fortunaly i got it yesterday already. biggrin_o.gif

Yeah big thanks for this. The AI is now so cool, i just played the old campaign mission where you have to destroy the 2 shilkas and hell it was hard. The sounds are so realistic, they are really asskicking.

Thanks a lot.

P.S.: So the leak was no failure. Damn thats pretty funny. Fortunaly i got it yesterday already.  biggrin_o.gif

lol same here.. im also replaying the campaigns.. Excelent Work Guys.. this will keep me going untill ArmA lol

Guest The Cobra

Even if I haven't tested it yet, I must say great work. This will ofcourse replace my old ECP...

Ohh, and BTW;

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! biggrin_o.gif

Big WOOOSAAA here too yay.gif

What you fellas have done is far more than just an effects mod, for me it´s more like an OFP revival!

Even the simpliest missions can bacome very hard and immersive because of the splendid AI.

All other things, like seeing that big AT backblast shortly before my sight gets whitet out by the bang 3 meters to my left, round it up perfectly.

You don´t even have to search for the effects, sooner or later they´ll come to you.

Thank you for making a perfect game even more better thumbs-up.gif

ARRRRRGG!

I am absolutely estatic to try this but I realized I need to do the twinking again to have the BIS weapons be replaced by INQ's..

Still, totally worth the headache of that to get to play ECP 1.085. Thank you all very much for all your hard work.

Edit: Wait. EECP replaces all the BIS-stuff with community-developed things, right?

Great job buds !!! , I was waiting for your release since a while... Congratulations , I haven't tested the stuff yet but I guess that's high quality ...  wink_o.gif

Big thanks to Komuna for his help and support toward FFUR  smile_o.gif

Edit : btw here's the direct link to the download :

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Thanks ECP TEAM!!!!!

Big thanks, great Mod!

This is the day to remember in OFP history!

Good bless you guys and OFP. notworthy.gif

This is so amazing, you feel like on a real battlefield. I played a mission with some Soviet troops and tanks against 2 Abrams and a squad Americans. One Abrams was blown up by a T80 and suddenly the other Abrams started to drive away and got shot in the back. The crew bailed out under heavy MG fire, while the American squad was fireing at my squad. After the death of the American Abrams crew, the American squad surrenderd and me and my team captured them