Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.085 Released!

no offence intended, but is there a way of shutting off the ecp nv goggles? I prefer the Hisky ones i used.... sorry confused_o.gif

hey, just thought i'd let you guys know that ECP showed up in today's SimHQ news, along with a video taken by one of the guys there (search for "flashpoint" on the homepage):

the website

the video

A Bug report huh.gif

Yesterday I've put (bis unit) a team on the mission editor.

This statement was in the in the init field:

"_x moveincargo eli" foreach units group this.

Than, I've put an Uh60 (named Eli) on the map. The Chopper were starting in the air.

Unfortunatly, in the mission, the chopper itself has began to make a 360° on itself.

Tested on Tonal Island.

At Nicolas Eymerich

That's quite weird. Can you reproduce that bug?

Are you sure that chopper wasn't damaged? If severely damaged, the chopper might be effected by the "tail rotor failure" script, which will cause it to rotate... But then, you'd see smoke coming out of the engines.

At Messiah

I have explainded that already on previous posts. So, once again:

In the header of the "config.cpp" you'll find a commented section called "TO THE END USER (choose you Night Vision view)". In there are all the instructions you need to choose your preferred NV screen layer.

Also: saying you prefer the "Hisky" ones, means the NVG layer model is in Data.pbo. Therefore, if you want it back, choose the "data/optika_night" from our config. wink_o.gif

Good luck and don't forget to try the other screens... We didn't design them for nothing :P

Quick one - I've been able to replicate the crash problem I was having the other day, and unfortunately it looks to be ECP related. Seems that the game will crash every time I've initialised ECP, and there's an original BIS barrel object on the map. This seems consistent on every map that I've tried, even with the bare minimum objects/trigger on the map to give it a go.

Hope this is of some help.

- Grif

I am dying to try out the new ECP 1.96, but I can't get it to start.  I keep getting a 'Data file read error (config.bin).'  I looked in the \@ECP\Bin\ and noticed that I don't have a config.bin.  I only have a config.cpp.  I uninstalled ECP and reinstalled, same problem.  I downloaded the Core installer and the plugins and tried again, and still the same problem.  I don't know what to do.  Please help.  banghead.gif

OperationGCS0021.jpg

Here is a list of everything I have tried;

1. downloaded and installed ECP v1.085 (Full Installer).exe

2. got error  > checked for config.bin, none found

3. uninstalled ECP v1.085 (Full Installer).exe

4.reinstalled ECP v1.085 (Full Installer).exe

5. same error.

6. downloaded and installed ECP v1.085 (Core Installer).exe

7. downloaded and installed ECP DSAI Plugin.exe

8. downloaded and installed ECP DR Plugin.exe

9. same problem.

10. Went to BIS Forums and was unable to find a solution.

My Flashpoint Resistance version is 1.96

I seached the forums and was unable to find an answer to this specific problem, if there is an answer and I missed it, I apologize.

Thanks

Rothy

"Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith"

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great."

GREAT NEWS! biggrin_o.gif I figured out what the problem was and fixed it. It was my addons. I used Addon Manager and removed all non-OFP and OFPR addons, and it worked. Now I just need to try to add only the addons I really use.

BTW -- ECP ROCKS!! I am hooked! smile_o.gif

@Komuna... sorry, my bad - i just didnt fancy reading back so many pages to try and find the answer... call me lazy biggrin_o.gif

Ah! Ah! Ah! No problem mate, you don't have to excuse yourself!

I hope you're enjoying our work. wink_o.gif

#Edit

At Rothberg

Very well, Paul! Ooph... What a relief knowing that ECP has nothing to do with your problem. Enjoy!

At Grif

Thanks for your input.

However, I haven't been able to reproduce it. Could you please send us a sample mission?

Hi, little problem:

I'am trying to make an addon (AWM Hughes 500 Pack)compatible with the new version of ECP.

I'v got the line  <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class ECP_EventHandlers {};

the eventhandler looks like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class EventHandlers: ECP_EventHandlers

{

GetIn="if(_this select 1 == ""driver"") then {[_this select 0, 9] exec ""\awmh500\scripts\h500anim.sqs""} else {[_this select 0, 8] exec ""\awmh500\scripts\h500anim.sqs""};";

GetOut="if(_this select 1 == ""driver"") then {[_this select 0, 9] exec ""\awmh500\scripts\h500anim.sqs""} else {[_this select 0, 8] exec ""\awmh500\scripts\h500anim.sqs""}; _this call (ECP_resources select 75)";

Engine="if(_this select 1) then {[_this select 0, 11] exec ""\awmh500\scripts\h500anim.sqs""} else {[_this select 0, 12] exec ""\awmh500\scripts\h500anim.sqs""};";

};

I'am getting the rotorwash and so on, but when i fire a missile theres no Trail and backblast.

Where do i have to add something to make it work, or did i forgot something essential ?

the name of the Missilelauncher is "awmh500missilelauncher"

name of ammunition = "awmh500missile"

vehicleclassName = awmh500tu36b1

Locke

You shouldn't forget to place at least one BIS soldier on the map, otherwise ECP won't trigger.

hey, just thought i'd let you guys know that ECP showed up in today's SimHQ news, along with a video taken by one of the guys there (search for "flashpoint" on the homepage):

the website

the video

Great video. You can clearly see the differences and ECP team's super work.

Hi, little problem:

I'am trying to make an addon (AWM Hughes 500 Pack)compatible with the new version of ECP.

I'v got the line  <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class ECP_EventHandlers {};

the eventhandler looks like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class EventHandlers: ECP_EventHandlers

{

GetIn="if(_this select 1 == ""driver"") then {[_this select 0, 9] exec ""\awmh500\scripts\h500anim.sqs""} else {[_this select 0, 8] exec ""\awmh500\scripts\h500anim.sqs""};";

GetOut="if(_this select 1 == ""driver"") then {[_this select 0, 9] exec ""\awmh500\scripts\h500anim.sqs""} else {[_this select 0, 8] exec ""\awmh500\scripts\h500anim.sqs""}; _this call (ECP_resources select 75)";

Engine="if(_this select 1) then {[_this select 0, 11] exec ""\awmh500\scripts\h500anim.sqs""} else {[_this select 0, 12] exec ""\awmh500\scripts\h500anim.sqs""};";

};

I'am getting the rotorwash and so on, but when i fire a missile theres no Trail and backblast.

Where do i have to add something to make it work, or did i forgot something essential ?

the name of the Missilelauncher is "awmh500missilelauncher"

name of ammunition = "awmh500missile"

vehicleclassName = awmh500tu36b1

Locke

Hi Locke,

please list the missile model name for the missile p3d file (case sensitive)

ECP identifies missiles by their model name not their class name. If the model is not a BIS model ECP will not recognise it. But we can fix that.  smile_o.gif

Hi Locke,

please list the missile model name for the missile p3d file (case sensitive)

ECP identifies missiles by their model name not their class name. If the model is not a BIS model ECP will not recognise it. But we can fix that.  smile_o.gif

Thanks, wasn't aware that the modelname is relevant.

Got it working by now

Locke.

D'oh, Nevermind. I posted this question into the wrong thread. Sorry about that. It was a question for the CSLA II thread.

For some reason all of the UKF stuff dosn't seem to work well with the pack. Grenades are touched off on impact and I can't open the settings menu.

Sorry Guys ... don´t understand the Weather Settings really :-(

Where do i set off the dynamic Weather ?

I made the times in island weather and general settings real high ...but they change fast the weather.

I need a Param to Stop it ...

THX

For some reason all of the UKF stuff dosn't seem to work well with the pack. Grenades are touched off on impact and I can't open the settings menu.

In order for third party ECP compliant addons that have their own init eventhandlers to inherit all ECP effects correctly there must be at least one BIS unit on the map. You can delete him afterwards.

This what you mean in ecp_island_settings.sqf?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_island_weather_change_time = [<min change time>,<max change time>]

_island_weather_wait_time = [<min wait time>,<max waittime>]

You can disable the random weather alltogether with this in ecp_settings.sqf or put it in a trigger if you only want it disabled for a particular mission:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ECP_public set [19, false ];

Hello,

is there a possibility to get the old stuff? => ECP 1.071?

my system can not handle the new stuff 1.085

ECP_1085.JPG

- unfortunally i overwrote my 1.071

- i tried everything for me possible to get 1.085 run

- actually i have now 2 GB RAM running on a 3,4 GHz P4 HT

(it doesn't matter for my kind of error)

- of course im the only one with this prob (therefore my question)

thx in advance - great job anyway ECP Team

greetz

Parvus... have you gone into your flashpoint preferences and increased the memory flashpoint may use? Adding more RAM won't do anything unless you tell flashpoint its allowed to use more memory...

plus i think there is an overall limit on how many addons it will load full stop huh.gif

..my system can not handle the new stuff 1.085..

There must be another solution than downgrading..

Come to ICQ and i´ll be glad trying to help you brewing up a working configuration smile_o.gif *openstrillian*

Hello,

is there a possibility to get the old stuff? => ECP 1.071?

my system can not handle the new stuff 1.085

ECP_1085.JPG

- unfortunally i overwrote my 1.071

- i tried everything for me possible to get 1.085 run

- actually i have now 2 GB RAM running on a 3,4 GHz P4 HT

(it doesn't matter for my kind of error)

- of course im the only one with this prob (therefore my question)

thx in advance - great job anyway ECP Team

greetz

If you downgrade ECP, you may be no longer able to run missions or addons exclusively based on ECP v1.085c+. Most surely, your problem is related with system management. Remember that your system specifications are more than enough to play OFP + ECP + other mods and addons.

Therefore, I recommend you to:

- Chat with mister Burns, who's volunteering to help you

- Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card - I get "out of reserved memory" CTD with older drivers to my FX5600, for example.

- Increase the memory reserved to OFP through the preferences dialog, as already stated.

- Load BIS' addons exclusively in order to verify if CTD occurs. Bear in mind that some addons can cause crashes while loaded, even if you don't use them ingame.

- Decrease ingame visual quality settings, such as terrain resolution and view distance. Shadow has reported CTDs from using too high settings, which OFP may not be able to handle.

Edit

I'm on MSN if you need help.

The new ECP is less CPU intensive than the last one afaik, so downgrading is a bad move if your looking to save CPU. Instead, alter the settings to be lower.

Damn, i got the same memory errors, ordered another gigabyte of RAM and hoped that this will bring an end to this problems. crazy_o.gif

Hope Armed Assault will benefit from 2GB RAM.