zayfod

ECP 1.085 Released!

Two obvious suggestions..

-nomap

Re-autodetect the settings

..?

Sorry about the blatantness (Erm, new word?), but you never know

- Ben

I get errors using OPF Launcher - latest version - im trying to figure out to load the game via Kegs launcher.

As all the mods folders make it difficult to use ECP via the command line changes to the shortcut launcher command line/ so id rather use the launcher.

The error is that it tries to load the original FP screen and not the ECP inital startup even with the ECP mod enabled with other mods.

There is not an ECP exe to target only the shortcut.

If there was an EXE it could target like FDF or CSLA it might work.

As its only being worked as an addon to the main FP its having trouble executing and as a result it loads up via the original FP screens.

This does gives an ECP main interface window with an error message then in game doesnt load ECP settings and gives an error message.

If anyone has figures out how to use Kegs launcher with this latest version of ECP please let me know and give us detailed instructions.

Cheers

yet again i post ..

1. symbols reprosenting men vehicles etc on the map do not appear.

2. *addon 88 (default BIS arty) cannot be found, eg battlefields mission.

3. AI appears no to call for support eg arty, mortars etc (please say whether this feature has not been added.

4. still cant get sancturarys anims to work

sorry about the multi-post.. but these "problems" are really getting to me.

Sorry i can't answer all your questions but regarding

1. Very strange that you can't see the symbols?..i've also experianced no problems with that

2. I believe that is a 3rd party addon, i've experianced no such problems with ECP

3. The AI does not have this feature in ECP, perhaps that was added in EECP?

Sorry i couldn't be of more assistance.

I will admit I did NOT read this entire thread, with 400 posts, that would be tough. So I apologize if I'm repeating info that has been covered.

Two questions:

One, does anyone else have this bug? I've done a clean install of GOTY, and patched it with the GOTY 1.96 patch. Followed by running the full ECP self installer. While playing the Resistance campaign, the weapons I gather and put in my tanks and/or trucks are NOT saved from one mission to the next. Each mission, all I have in inventory are the crappy AK-47 and 74's

Two, has anyone tried running the new ECP with Y2K3 7.1? I like the unit choices and weapons better in Y2K3 than in EECP. However, I am very impressed with the AI and other aspects of the new ECP. Can one install Y2K3 and then run the new ECP installer, and have a somewhat working product?

hey is thier a way to set the explosion range to unlimited by defualt? I like to engage in tank battle but i hate havung to go to setting everytime I start a mission thanks

Skypine:

You can't use ECP with Y2K3 since they have their own config and will conflict. Though you might get the mod you typed last started, a half working hybrid or a crash.

Victorious:

You can change such things in the config and then you wont have to do it every time you start a mission.

Sorry if this has been said here before, but...

Too bad that the craters and some effects are parts of the UI. When i'm making screenshots I always use DXDLL to remove the UI so there wouldn't be any black strips on the screen, but sadly it also removes the craters and some effects. Any tips or commands I could use ?

EDIT: problem fixed smile_o.gif

How about the Resistance weapons bug I mentioned?  Is ti just me experiencing it?

skypine .. nope mines ok

possible BUG report

regarding the different shells used in tanks.. sabot shells only explode+leave a *crater* once.. any after that will appear as a bullet mark. and again the sabot rounds do not create an explosion sound over long distances.. and do not continue to rip pieces of vehicles once destroyed (not sure about before).

wel thats it please respond

At those repeating post after post...

Please, calm down. We are regular people, and many times we can't find free time to spend on ECP development, debbuging or support. Real life is a bitch... tounge2.gif

At skypine27

A1: We'll investigate that. So far I haven't experienced such bug.

A2: You can't run ECPv1.085c with Y2K3 or E:ECPv0.44 > both mods' configuration is not compatible with ECP. Kurayami will soon release his newest E:ECP, based on the latest ECP and with a wide set of units and weapons to choose.

At Nilz

Well done!

Anyway, I'd just like to say that those features have nothing to do with the UI. It has to do with the way DXDLL handles the graphics in OFP. Whether you run OFP or OFP+ECP, you'll notice that many particle systems will disappear from the screen when you remove the GUI through Kegetys' DXDLL.

By the way, how have you solved it? I wonder, because I have the same problem, and, sometimes, I like to take some screenshots... biggrin_o.gif

At victorious

Just like Kyla said, you can do that through the ECP_Settings.sqf, under ECP's directory in OFP root.

How to:

The explosion effects are conditioned by the snYpir's Level Of Detail system, which determines wheter or not the effects occur according to the distance to player.

In the section "Level of Detail (LOD) Settings" you can define the BASE distance for most effects: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ECP_local set [7, <distance:real> ]; and the base distance multiplier for each specific effect, in this case, the explosions: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ECP_local set [9, <integer> ];

In this way, you should alter EXCLUSIVELY the multiplier, unless you feel that your machine can handle higher distances for every effect.

Just to make sure you and others understood: if I set the base distance to 400m and the explosion LOD multiplier to 3, I'll be able to watch the explosion effects up to 1200m (400mx3). wink_o.gif

At SHWiiNG

1. What do you mean? It doesn't appear on the map during a mission?

Well, it only does when you play in Cadet mode. wink_o.gif

2. That's not, afaik, a BIS' addon. That happens to me too, either with or without ECP, when I have many/faulty addons loaded. Eg.: Kegetys' drill (kegpora).

3. No... Our AI doesn't call for air or fire support.

4. Mine works fine... I just picked Sanctuary's Anim.pbo and placed on ECP's Dta folder... Sanctuary's animations have nothing to do with game configuration - just like sky and nvg goggles replacement. wink_o.gif

Last. Well, we have altered the Sabot shells, so that they don't create explosion effects - like in real life. You shouln't, therefore, see big craters - although there's a chance of being randomly created by ECP itself... 'Gotta' check it :P

Not listenning to Sabot explosions over long distances is a different problem. Could be due to your sound configuration - I haven't checked it, but, most surely, DR takes influence on explosion sound level.

woo finally someone answered me .. ah y learn something new every day ... ah sabot shells not making craters .. huh.

ah sabot shells not making craters .. huh.

In fact, and to be more correct, Armour Piercing [Fin Stabilised] Discarding Sabot rounds aren't even shells, because they carry no explosive payload. Therefore, the most you could get from these solid shots on ground is a big cloud of dust and a very small dust crater - not burnt ones, like in OFP. whistle.gif

ECP 1.085 and CoC COMMAND ENGINE

I noticed, when using the Command Engine with ECP you can't click on the units in the map view and select them.

Any chance to get a fix on that?

Jens

Killswitch beat me to it on replying this one  tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'll repeat my own post at the CoC forums regarding ECP 1.085 and CE missions here: ECP 1.085 does indeed override the map click feature of OFP that the Command Engine needs. The easiest way to remedy this is to disable the ECP feature that lets you release AI:s under your control.

Open the file @ECP\ECP_Settings.sqf and find the section called "AI Join Settings". There you'll find this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// ECP_AI_release_enable

// enable the player to release "Man" type units from his/her squad? (true/false)

// defined by server in MP

// default is true

//ECP_public set [36, true ];

Uncomment the ECP_public set... line and change "true" to "false" so it reads:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// ECP_AI_release_enable

// enable the player to release "Man" type units from his/her squad? (true/false)

// defined by server in MP

// default is true

ECP_public set [36, false];

Another way is to edit some/all of the CE missions you have and add this line at the very top of the mission's init.sqs:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">?(format["%1",ECP_Path]!=format["%1",nil])&&(format["%1",count ECP_public]!="scalar"):ECP_public set[36, false]That way, you kan still keep the AI release feature for non-CE missions yet still have working CE missions (naturally without that particular feature of ECP).

Nice one mate.

At Murray Philbrick

The Crash-To-Desktop situation verified when fuel barrels are handled by ECP's individual "init.sqs" is true. We're working on it.

Edit

By the way, such CTD occurs not only with barrels but also any object derived from "Thing" parent class.

At Murray Philbrick

The Crash-To-Desktop situation verified when fuel barrels are handled by ECP's individual "init.sqs" is true. We're working on it.

Edit

By the way, such CTD occurs not only with barrels but also any object derived from "Thing" parent class.

Verified indeed,

the issue seems to stem from child classes to "thing" objects.

referring to the readme

Quote[/b] ]

ECP system functions

<list of units> call (ECP_resources select 30)

This function, ECP_addUnits, will add <list of units> to the ECP in a particular mission. It is designed to be used in a trigger with the following characteristics:

- Size: 50000 x 50000 (as big as the entire map)

- Activation: Anybody (Once) when 'Present'

- Condition: this

- On Activation: thislist call (ECP_resources select 30)

the above is now out of date

To stop a ctd when using the above method to apply ECP evenhandlers to third party NON ECP compliant addons please do the following.

Quote[/b] ]

ECP system functions

<list of units> call (ECP_resources select 30)

This function, ECP_addUnits, will add <list of units> to the ECP in a particular mission. It is designed to be used in a trigger with the following characteristics:

- Size: 50000 x 50000 (as big as the entire map)

- Activation: Anybody (Once) when 'Present'

- Condition: this

- On Activation: {if ("thing" counttype [_x] == 0) then {[_x] call (ECP_resources select 30) }} foreach thislist

Please everyone consider this as a hot fix for map makers. Will update the readme asap.

Quote[/b] ]Therefore, the most you could get from these solid shots on ground is a big cloud of dust and a very small dust crater - not burnt ones, like in OFP.
Shouldn't there be a lot of sparks when ground and the projectile melt and evaporise? A lot of sparks? Would be also nice to have them when projectile strikes a tank instead of flames, because I think that's how it looks like (at least 20mm AP rounds give sparks upon impact - which I saw on films).

Now anyway: I don't know has it been reported but original CWC campaign is unplayable with ECP.

I've collected some bug reports from polish forum:

1) the soldiers in mission 1 either crawl all the time untill the first time commander speaks (really irritates) sometimes they don't stand up even then and throw grenades at player when he decides to go ahead, or run away from BMP (that they spot somewhere far away somehow) and run towards the sea and... drawn  crazy_o.gif. Could You please don't play with setunitpos"down" so often? Each time soldiers go into mode "combat" this crawling problem occurs.

2) the mission where You drive a truck - the jeep notorically crashes right into the truck comming from the opposide direction. The way to finish the mission is to pass the jeep and force the other truck to stop by blocking it.

3) the moment where You get on M113 to save the other group - there is a message "hope we'll make it on time" and then the M113 rolls at minimal speed.

4) further in this mission - some ppl experience problems (propably due to superAi) when they are about to leave the APC. A russian far away in the forrests burns the M113 with an RPG-mastershot.

5) Have You tweaked the BIS weapons configs? The Ai seems more accurate then before.

Sorry if any of theese appeared before or is not Your fault.

I'd propose:

1) give up the setpos"down" idea or limit it. Or change to kneeling for example.

2) check if You're not sending the soldiers into the see when using domove or commandmove

3) do something to stop Ai from throwing grenades at friendlies (if that is possible).

I didn't described what I DID likesd about ECP. I'm quite sure others did;).

Great work and it sure took You a lot of time  notworthy.gif .

I know how hard it is to force the Ai not to do stupid things in OFP.

Anyone tried firing an RPG? Does it really have that pinpoint accuracy?

@ July 31 2005,22:11)]Shouldn't there be a lot of sparks when ground and the projectile melt and evaporise? A lot of sparks? Would be also nice to have them when projectile strikes a tank instead of flames, because I think that's how it looks like (at least 20mm AP rounds give sparks upon impact - which I saw on films).

Which you saw on films!? And you believe in them? tounge2.gif

Anyway, you're right, there should be sparks. However, our current method to create sparks or dust at the vehicle's impact position is very laggy and odd.

But, regarding the flames, that's an OFP limitation - when "shell" simulation projectiles hit vehicles, even if not explosive, there will be flames.

@ July 31 2005,22:11)]1) the soldiers in mission 1 either crawl all the time untill the first time commander speaks (really irritates) sometimes they don't stand up even then and throw grenades at player when he decides to go ahead, or run away from BMP (that they spot somewhere far away somehow) and run towards the see and... drawn crazy_o.gif. Could You please don't play with setunitpos"down" so often? Each time soldiers go into mode "combat" this crawling problem occurs.

We don't use setUnitPos in our regular scripts, because it could conflict with some user made missions. Only AI Surrendering and Body Fire use it to control units - that will die, anyway... tounge2.gif

Now, crawling units is probably due to their increased sensitivity*, which causes them to detect the enemy earlier.

*Either increased in config.cpp or by AI info share.

@ July 31 2005,22:11)]2) the mission where You drive a truck - the jeep notorically crashes right into the truck comming from the opposide direction. The way to finish the mission is to pass the jeep and force the other truck to stop by blocking it.

Weird... I have played the whole CWC after releasing ECP and had no problem related with this. Which mission is that?

@ July 31 2005,22:11)]3) the moment where You get on M113 to save the other group - there is a message "hope we'll make it on time" and then the M113 rolls at minimal speed.

Hmm... I'll check this out. It's the "Camping" mission, right?

@ July 31 2005,22:11)]4) further in this mission - some ppl experience problems (propably due to superAi) when they are about to leave the APC. A russian far away in the forrests burns the M113 with an RPG-mastershot.

Oh, yeah... I had this too. Commie bastards! crazy_o.gif Eh, eh, eh. This one is caused by SuperAI and ECP's increased sensitivity, as explained.

@ July 31 2005,22:11)]5) Have You tweaked the BIS weapons configs? The Ai seems more accurate then before.

Really? We have tweaked it so that they became less accurate. confused_o.gif I witness longer fightings and less accurate AI - which has saved my ass many times, when it didn't before.

@ July 31 2005,22:11)]Sorry if any of theese appeared before or is not Your fault.

I'd propose:

1) give up the setpos"down" idea or limit it. Or change to kneeling for example.

2) check if You're not sending the soldiers into the see when using domove or commandmove

3) do something to stop Ai from throwing grenades at friendlies (if that is possible).

1) Answered.

2) Into the "sea"? How do you get this? AI is usualy afraid of water and won't get into it.

3) Hmm... They don't throw grenades at friendlys on purppose: the bouncing grenades simulation may cause some grenades to travel, on ground, farther distances and coincide with friendlies. But I never got it. In which situation did you experienced it?

Edit

ECP Functions Section of the ECP readme updated.

Anyone tried firing an RPG? Does it really have that pinpoint accuracy?

If I remember correctly from when I served in the air force, the M72 launcher is good up to 300 meters for static targets and 100 meters for moving targets (up to 50km/h).

Its a rocket, not a missile, it "burns all its fuel" while its still in the tube and travels like a rifle bullet. It is accurate.

How accurate depends on the person shooting it.

I'm no good with this launcher but it was easy (and fun) hitting a bunch of gas-filled barrels at 120 meters biggrin_o.gif

So,Panda[PL], I've just played the mission "Alert" - not "Camping", as I said - and the M113 went pretty fast and didn't get hit that soon... I was playing in Veteran mode + SuperAi.

What can I say?

OK I have read all the read me files on the explosion issue an have changed settings in the settings.sqf file but nothing seems to change at all it only responds to in game settings for example I also tried to change the chopper dust settings but it doe not happen unless i change it in game so what am I doing wrong is the file in the right place? please test it out yourself and tell me what you did to change it if it works. I cant get it to work for some reason the in game setting still reads 300m on the effect distance tab no matter what I change in the setting.sqf thanks