Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.085 Released!

Yes it does. Why wouldnt it, its not an extremely "smart" program itself.

Well as far as I know it does: I had some weird issues when using the WGL mod, some buildings were totally screwed up. I noticed I had multiple versions of some Mapfact addon, one came with the WGL, the other was in my normal addon folder. When i removed one, the issue would disappear.

i've noticed since installing that COC arty no longer works, it says cannot find something about HUM.sqs

could this be due to ECP?

Nope. That's a config issue with CoC_Arty itself. See here for help: CoC obhum not found.

Well as far as I know it does: I had some weird issues when using the WGL mod, some buildings were totally screwed up. I noticed I had multiple versions of some Mapfact addon, one came with the WGL, the other was in my normal addon folder. When i removed one, the issue would disappear.

Well, I didn't know that but it makes sense. Thanks for the info macho and Kyla.

RED Replied: You comand line is wrong, -nosplash -mod=Nam;@ECP. Glad you are enjoying it buddy

As always cheers M8, again thanks for the Camera help some years ago.

Nexus6

biggrin_o.gif

Matt can you give me that mission? Would be nice.

sure ill do it up a little bit, give it a briefing and that biggrin_o.gif and ill post a link biggrin_o.gif

I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but it seems to me as if the AI is able to shoot over farer distances in ECP, than in normal OFP. That causes extrem balancing problems in missions...

Just try to play the "War cry" Mission (First one of the singleplayer resistance missions). The MG soldiers are giving you headshots over distances like 400 meters and so the missions is unplayalbe... sad_o.gif

Too bad none of the units in the SebNam pack use the default BIS stuff, otherwise it would rock with the newer sounds. sad_o.gif

it might seem like instant headshots because of the amount of bullets they use, many a times ive evaded MG fire with ECP.

normally i just get gunned down which wasnt my idea of fun really, i atleast wanted to know where i was getting shot from before i get killed, with ECP its much better because you have longer battles biggrin_o.gif

Is it just me or something intentional, but are laser designators and AA launchers completely useless now? Neither can lock on to a target...the AA launcher is pretty much just an AT launcher now and the laser designator is a useless waste of inventory space.

Well, one of the first things I did with ECP was shoot an Su25 down with a Stinger, so I'm not sure about the first one...

Is it just me or something intentional, but are laser designators and AA launchers completely useless now? Neither can lock on to a target...the AA launcher is pretty much just an AT launcher now and the laser designator is a useless waste of inventory space.

If you dont like it just do what anyone who doesnt like the current config ought to biggrin_o.gif Change it!

Go to your ECP_Settings file, open it in notepad, find the relevant part (Simluation: Jamming?) and alter it so that jamming is less frequently successful.

This is the beauty of the new ECP, its soooo simple to edit settings to your likings.

Right, now a question of mine. I'm not so clear on the MP side of things as to what is required settting up on a dedi server. So all you need ON the dedi is the core? And not the plugins?

And all you need to define on the server is the simulation settings. So if i turned effects completely off on the server, as opposed to ignoring them, would it be more CPU friendly?

What does it take to get a guy to surrender around here? All alone, no ammo, all buddies dead, and he's still lookin at me like a dope!

EDIT #2: lol...found the problem...kinda embarrased to say this.. whistle.gif

The problem was my crosshairs were disabled in the difficulty menu (I play ofp without crosshairs, only ironsights) so the lock icon wasn't appearing even though it was in fact a lock. banghead.gif

EDIT: just tried plain old ofp without ecp and it wouldn't lock. This seems to be an ofp bug of some sort on my part.

You sure about changing the config? I mean I disabled jamming in the ECP settings menu but neither will even lock on and create that little lock symbol. This is for laser designators too. Maybe its just me crazy_o.gif

EDIT #2: lol...found the problem...kinda embarrased to say this.. whistle.gif

The problem was my crosshairs were disabled in the difficulty menu (I play ofp without crosshairs, only ironsights) so the lock icon wasn't appearing even though it was in fact a lock. banghead.gif

EDIT: just tried plain old ofp without ecp and it wouldn't lock. This seems to be an ofp bug of some sort on my part.

You sure about changing the config? I mean I disabled jamming in the ECP settings menu but neither will even lock on and create that little lock symbol. This is for laser designators too. Maybe its just me crazy_o.gif

the engine itself set to act like this, and untill ArmA is out i think there would be no way to make it better

(but may be a script would work, you see, when you lock on to a target, there will be some sound to tell you that you have locked on?)

I am dying to try out the new ECP 1.96, but I can't get it to start.  I keep getting a 'Data file read error (config.bin).'  I looked in the \@ECP\Bin\ and noticed that I don't have a config.bin.  I only have a config.cpp.  I uninstalled ECP and reinstalled, same problem.  I downloaded the Core installer and the plugins and tried again, and still the same problem.  I don't know what to do.  Please help.  banghead.gif

OperationGCS0021.jpg

Here is a list of everything I have tried;

1. downloaded and installed ECP v1.085 (Full Installer).exe

2. got error  > checked for config.bin, none found

3. uninstalled ECP v1.085 (Full Installer).exe

4.reinstalled ECP v1.085 (Full Installer).exe

5. same error.

6. downloaded and installed ECP v1.085 (Core Installer).exe

7. downloaded and installed ECP DSAI Plugin.exe

8. downloaded and installed ECP DR Plugin.exe

9. same problem.

10. Went to BIS Forums and was unable to find a solution.

My Flashpoint Resistance version is 1.96

I seached the forums and was unable to find an answer to this specific problem, if there is an answer and I missed it, I apologize.

Thanks

Rothy

"Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith"

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great."

Strange. I only have a config.cpp and no config.bin, but my ECP runs fine.

...you don`t need a config.bin. It`s enough having a config.cpp because it`s the same... icon_rolleyes.gif

I tried to run ECP on our linux server. It didn`t start so i tried to find something. On my search i found a texture problem in ecp_effects.pbo. The file \models\m213fuse.paa seems to be broken...

ecp_error.jpg

After "reparing" the file i tried again but now im getting following error in server logfile...

No entry 'config.cpp.CfgWorlds'

sad_o.gifhelp.gif

...and i had read the linux part in the readme... wink_o.gif