Sign in to follow this  
NeZz_DK

Good Article on Boomtown

Hi all

From that link

http://pc.boomtown.net/en_uk/articles/art.view.php?id=8261

Dynamic Missions

Quote[/b] ]The world is very large and very alive. A chopper passing overhead will have a destination and will have flown from point A over point B to point C to fulfill its mission. From there it will continue on whatever assignment the AI decides upon. Everything has a purpose and a function. Should you encounter a soldier you will be able to ask him whether he has seen the opposition and if he has he will be able to tell you. There is innumerable dialogue options and the great liberties of the game makes for quite an interesting project.

Seperate turret for the commander!

Quote[/b] ]It holds a crew of three - a driver, a gunner and a commander. The latter has acces to a smaller turret which rotates faster than the gunturret. This makes for a better view of things as well as easier targeting and command-issuing.

Destructable buildings!

Quote[/b] ]Another satisfying detail of this metal monstrosity is the ability to level buildings. We all know the situation with the lousy camper in the house. Normally you would have to shoot through the window to get him, but not in this game. Simply aim at the corner of the building and watch it collapse as the massive shell disintegrates the wall.

Kind Regards Walker

Seperate turret for the commander!
Quote[/b] ]It holds a crew of three - a driver, a gunner and a commander. The latter has acces to a smaller turret which rotates faster than the gunturret. This makes for a better view of things as well as easier targeting and command-issuing.

Well that isn't new is it? We've got that already in OFP.

I'd really wonder if the don't find a publisher for SUCH a game! I mean, publishers shoul actually be fighting to publish such a game . . .

I'd really wonder if the don't find a publisher for SUCH a game! I mean, publishers shoul actually be fighting to publish such a game . . .

Well let´s hope that EA doesn´t come in picture.

as long as whoever the publisher will be has no say in the development of the game and they keep to what they announce here, I don't care who publishes it (ok, the price should be reasonable, but hey, what is a reasonable price for a game like that?)

Quote[/b] ]

Quote (hardrock @ May 20 2005,12:08)

Quote[/b] ]I'd really wonder if the don't find a publisher for SUCH a game! I mean, publishers shoul actually be fighting to publish such a game . . .

Word. Or Ubi. Please, not Ubi biggrin_o.gif

OFP2 looks and sounds awesome.

Codemasters Forum

Quote[/b] ]Operation Flashpoint 2 will be published by us and will not be a dumbed down arcade shooter as many fear. Flashpoint stands for military sim gaming and veering off that track is something we don't plan on doing.

There are indeed many plans for the Flashpoint Community, of which I know you will all be excited by.

Alas I can't say much more yet, so keep your eyes peeled and your ears open.....

___

Miker_CLO

Community Liaison Officer

Action/Strategy Games

Codemasters

To be fair, hardrock, that doesn't necessarily mean that BIS' 'unnamed PC game' will be released by Codies. Speculation will remain ripe for a while, I believe. All is cool though. Either way we know we're in for some sweet gaming.

Quote[/b] ]

Quote (hardrock @ May 20 2005,12:08)

Quote[/b] ]I'd really wonder if the don't find a publisher for SUCH a game! I mean, publishers shoul actually be fighting to publish such a game . . .

Word. Or Ubi. Please, not Ubi biggrin_o.gif

Or Dreamcatcher. Activision might not be too bad or Atari.

If Codemaster would have still been the publisher for BIS future "the-game-currently-known-as-OFP2-to-fans" it would have shown up in the pressrelease .....

http://www.bistudio.com/presspages/pcpressrelease.html

Since it doesn't, it leans towards that Codemaster have another game that will be going under that name.

To be fair, hardrock, that doesn't necessarily mean that BIS' 'unnamed PC game' will be released by Codies. Speculation will remain ripe for a while, I believe. All is cool though. Either way we know we're in for some sweet gaming.

I never said anything, I only posted the quote wink_o.gif

I don't think that Codemasters will release BIS' not-anymore OFP2 either.

I'm so excited, this game is gonna rock, interchangeable gun parts, moving parts etc.

*breathe breathe*

Quote[/b] ]The graphics have been spiced up and details such as dynamic weather - ie. rolling waves, plants moving in the wind or even drafts from helicopters - have been added.

A hint of what's gone be on OFP2 or "unknown name" 2006? biggrin_o.gif

It's a good piece and the guy we met (Jacob) is a top guy, the article confuses the three products from us a little (hopefully our press releases have cleared things up), so I emailed Jacob and that should be fixed.

This sounds sweet...dynamic campaigns, interchangeable gun parts, rolling waves/swaying trees, dyanmic/destructable buildings, the list goes on....I can't wait biggrin_o.gif.

It all sounds perfect, too perfect rock.gif , i was considering but wont dare to upgrade my hardware now, its still very good for Armed Assault and i dont know if there is hardware capable of handling OFP sequel (2) at this time, from the looks of it and feature list it seems it will require a super PC or something.

Get ready to sell the car guys crazy_o.gif .

It all sounds perfect, too perfect rock.gif , i was considering but wont dare to upgrade my hardware now, its still very good for Armed Assault and i dont know if there is hardware capable of handling OFP sequel (2) at this time, from the looks of it and feature list it seems it will require a super PC or something.

Get ready to sell the car guys crazy_o.gif .

I realy dont see that huge hardware requirementes. This r detailed models, but god, nothing from the other world, a quick compare with Far Cry (I know this r diferent games) and ull great models too in some good sized islands, and most of the game pcs in our days runs him without problems.

My conserns r not the grafics but the Physics engine, if we ll have a complex one, that will be very CPU demanding, maybe The Game Formaly Known As Operation Flashpoint 2 smile_o.gif will have AGEIA’s PhysX processor compability. tounge_o.gif

I realy dont see that huge hardware requirementes. This r detailed models, but god, nothing from the other world, a quick compare with Far Cry (I know this r diferent games) and ull great models too in some good sized islands, and most of the game pcs in our days runs him without problems.

Nope, Far cry models dont look this good, the weapons look real poor actually, the vehicals are squary and so are most objects from interior furniture to buildings, plus there was disapearing stuff over distance and awfull tree lods, now the islands were somewhat big but not close to Flashpoint's, plus there were places you couldnt go and there was no full scale dinamic mission design, it was all linear and boring.

Just looking at the OPF2 soldier models from close up i am imagining a mission with 100 of those on a gigantic island where everything is of the same quality and detail, insane crazy_o.gif .

I predict 5 gig cpu, 3 gigs of ram and tripple 6800 ultra SLI thingy for 60 fps at full detail, ok maybe not but it will be a very demanding game by the looks of it this far tounge_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ] I predict 5 gig cpu, 3 gigs of ram and tripple 6800 ultra SLI thingy for 60 fps at full detail, ok maybe not but it will be a very demanding game by the looks of it this far tounge_o.gif .

That will be huge!!! tounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

No joking, I think that some good programing may do the job, but the game its at least one year and half away many things can (and will) change in the hardware world

Farandir @ May 20 2005,12:29)]as long as whoever the publisher will be has no say in the development of the game and they keep to what they announce here, I don't care who publishes it (ok, the price should be reasonable, but hey, what is a reasonable price for a game like that?)

And if they don't find a publisher, they can publish themselves.. Like pay BIS on PayPal, and they'll fix a download link or send it to you on cd..

But before that they gotta buy some super duper cd/DVD burners..

so by way they're talking about the game having a dynamic campaign with the AI vs. AI, am I to gather that I could conceivably start at a calm staging area and then while driving/flying to the obj, witness random firefights that are completely removed from my objective around the island? That would be very cool, especially the ambient noise of battle from far away that isn't just a sound file.

Why are some of you so against UBIsoft?  I know they butchered GR,  but look at Silent Hunter III, Sturmovik, Pacific Fighters.  Great unit sims... Isn't OFP just a multi unit/environmental sim?  I believe UBI does a good job representing the military.  Besides, did they EVER say that GR was a simulation?  I never saw it.. It is a game, catagorized in their list scroll down a bit as 'action' - on par with Prince of Persia. crazy_o.gif

Is there something I don't know about them? If so, please tell.

smile_o.gif