Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

OFP2 and "armed assault" - what's up?

I think everyone in the community will just call it OFP2. Mainly because it's easy, but it'll also stand as a tribute to OFP1.

"Armed Assualt" sounds like something EA would come up with.

Yeah, it sounds really boring and like every other 'realistic' military game (or B-movie) out there. Even Operation Flashpoint is better, at least it's a bit memorable. wink_o.gif

Op Retaliation , seriously though there are plenty of good name candidates within the thing the community has produced. We need a name which reminds us that OFP has made a come back. Retalitaion sounds better.

Armed assault geez , kinda reminds me of Ghost recon somehow not OFP.

Gollum those tress look pretty similiar to me and i think those are OFP2 screens what else would they be doing on a OFP2 website otherwise?

Yet i do agree overall theres a world of a difference between that screen and the other ones weve seen.

Comment from Codies when asked about whether they are still going to be the publishers?:

Quote[/b] ]

Question:

I understand that OFP2 has not been cancelled but will Codemasters be publishing it? Can you please confirm whether Codemasters and BIS are still working together on this project? Also is the name now 'Armed Assault' ie. 'Armed Assault' or 'OFP2: Armed Assault' or is this something completely different? Are Codemasters aware of the alledged OFP2 screenshots that have been submitted to the BIS forum and can you comment on them? Are they Xbox versions of OFP:CWC or are they actually OFP2?

Kind Regards..

Response:

Codemasters have the rights to the Operation Flashpoint trademark and so any game entitled Operation Flashpoint 2 will be published by Codemasters. Operation Flashpoint 2 is currently due for release in late 2006. We cannot comment on any other games that Bohemia Interactive might be developing, nor on our current relationship with them, unfortunately.

No further comment..

Comment from Codies when asked about whether they are still going to be the publishers?:
Quote[/b] ]

Question:

I understand that OFP2 has not been cancelled but will Codemasters be publishing it? Can you please confirm whether Codemasters and BIS are still working together on this project? Also is the name now 'Armed Assault' ie. 'Armed Assault' or 'OFP2: Armed Assault' or is this something completely different? Are Codemasters aware of the alledged OFP2 screenshots that have been submitted to the BIS forum and can you comment on them? Are they Xbox versions of OFP:CWC or are they actually OFP2?

Kind Regards..

Response:

Codemasters have the rights to the Operation Flashpoint trademark and so any game entitled Operation Flashpoint 2 will be published by Codemasters. Operation Flashpoint 2 is currently due for release in late 2006. We cannot comment on any other games that Bohemia Interactive might be developing, nor on our current relationship with them, unfortunately.

No further comment..

Sounds like a auto answer from a machine

nor on our current relationship with them, unfortunately

Sounds like theres no love lost between the two sides blues.gif .

that mean the codemasters will bring 2006 the ofp2 on the market? and what is armed assault? crazy_o.gif

I simply bet that

OFP2 = OFP2

and

OFP: Elite (xbox) = OFP: Armed Assault

that OFP on xbox changed name.. since it looks like OFP1 engine..

imo

Sounds like theres no love lost between the two sides  blues.gif .

Or simply a legal contractual term of confidentiality. Nothing special here.

maybe your right! crazy_o.gif I think codemasters wont cooperate with bis for xbox, and they just make armed assault on their own mad_o.gif

Sounds like theres no love lost between the two sides blues.gif .

Or simply a legal contractual term of confidentiality. Nothing special here.

Oh come on avon you know they could have simply written , "Yes we are their sole publisher or something". The way it was written sounded as if someone pissed off wrote it. I mean what else could their relationship with BIS be , if not publisher/developer.

Sorry if I've missed someone saying this already, but..

The pictures from the Flashpoint2.com site animations are either Flashpoing on xbox, or OFP1 screenies edited. The ArmedAssault site was registered 5-ish days ago, they don't want to put the screenshots out then, as they wanted them out just before E3,

but they made the site a few days before, as they wouldn't be able to while at E3 tounge_o.gif

The reason they're so low quality is that they could alsmost be passed of as OFP2, whatever it's called..

(Basicly they used what they could release, random OFP 1 screenie, made it hard to see, and shoved ARMED ASSAULT over it, so they could have a site up for E3)

Basicly the VTV thing isn't real OFP2, the E3 ones are, which are well above VBS1's graphics smile_o.gif

- Ben

P.S. Where did those OFP2 screenies come from...???

P.P.S OFP2 : Armed Assault, your forgetting OFP1 was OFP:Cold War Crisis. So OFP2:AA is similar, no?

The pictures from the Flashpoint2.com site animations are either Flashpoing on xbox, or OFP1 screenies edited. The ArmedAssault site was registered 5-ish days ago, they don't want to put the screenshots out then, as they wanted them out just before E3,

but they made the site a few days before, as they wouldn't be able to while at E3 tounge_o.gif

The reason they're so low quality is that they could alsmost be passed of as OFP2, whatever it's called..

(Basicly they used what they could release, random OFP 1 screenie, made it hard to see, and shoved ARMED ASSAULT over it, so they could have a site up for E3)

Basicly the VTV thing isn't real OFP2, the E3 ones are, which are well above VBS1's graphics smile_o.gif

- Ben

PS. Where did those OFP2 screenies come from...???

A guy called Jordan Man Derek showed them wink_o.gif

Think it is the Tazmanian Devil that we never saw biggrin_o.gif

- Ben

PS. Where did those OFP2 screenies come from...???

A guy called Jordan Man Derek showed them wink_o.gif

Think it is the Tazmanian Devil that we never saw biggrin_o.gif

haha yea. looks like.. he came with info from "deep inside" to like this dude biggrin_o.gif

A BIS employee (probably) leaked them on the forums.

I think not leaked BIS probaly wanted us to see those pictures wink_o.gif

They just want to tease us biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Think it is the Tazmanian Devil that we never saw

biggrin_o.gif owned biggrin_o.gif

tease or not.. i hope they even show more pix on E3.. and a trailer or 2 biggrin_o.gif as theyr gonna release.. gonna print out these pix and hang them on the wall biggrin_o.gif

They just want to tease us biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Jordan Man Derek leaked them but if you cut and paste with the letters you get this:

Ondrej and Marek OR Marek and Ondrej

tounge_o.gif

A playable demo would be better biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

At least at the end of 2005 I heard a playable demo of OFP2 they gona release wink_o.gif

If they wanted to spread a little confusion, they succeeded greatly...

They just want to tease us biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Jordan Man Derek leaked them but if you cut and paste with the letters you get this:

tounge_o.gif

Ondrej and Marek wink_o.gif

At least Marek I think.

is it possible that assumin codemasters and BI have parted, that codemasters are developing OFP2 now with some other studio?

The pics we've seen on flashpoint1985.com are from codemasters new game, ofp2, they have the rights for that name and thus for that homepage.

BI was owner of ofp2 homepage with tv, they parted from codemasters, they made a new site for their new game that was in development, theirs an auto-link to the aa site. the new game is called armed assault, maybe it was meant to be ofp2 1 or 2 years ago, but then the problems with codemasters started and they then parted, codemasters kept the name and started to mske its own ofp.

i posted this thread a year ago...

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=39883

unfortunately, noone believed me... sad_o.gif

a year is enough time for codemasters to start the development of a new game and to get the graphics done like in those ofp2 pics....

This OFP2 hysteria is drawing attention tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Most users ever online was 245 on May 16 2005,15:07

They just want to tease us biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

Indeed I said a few hour ago that it was Marek biggrin_o.gif

He is now in LA think he had forgot his password so he has registered with a new name and posted the picture tounge_o.gif

But not good enough Tazmanian Devil biggrin_o.gif

Also if you look at the post counts of him he registered today and has only posted 3 posts and all today and all with 3 different OPF2 pictures tounge_o.gif

Indeed I said a few hour ago that it was Marek biggrin_o.gif

He is now in LA think he had forgot his password

Oh! The shame! The shame!