Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

OFP2 and "armed assault" - what's up?

AT E3 WILL BE JOST ONE THING INPORTANT! ofp2(armed assault) and this is what i (we) whant! xmas_o.gif

Not we only you biggrin_o.gif

we want more screenies! crazy_o.gif this pics are not enough for a dispute! crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I hate Photoshop now , because whoever put those pics up used the grain filter on them hard to see the details carefully , but i dont think these screens are OFP2 cause if they are its a bit of a disappointment not to see any graphical upheavels done , everything appears same only soldier model is different in Armed assault.

I hope they CLARIFY themselves at E3 or else .... i hate this game they are playing with us ... leaked screens , Armed assault , then Xbox sticking its foot in.

So the pics on Flashpoint2.com ("armed assault") have:

Old weapons, old aware animation, old vehicles, overall 1985 equipment on the soldiers. It looks a lot like OFP1 except for the soldiers. US Army.

I think these are probably new OFP Xbox screenshots.

And the E3 pics have:

MARPAT, M16A4, UH-1N, M249, M1A1 HA, HMMWV with M2 or MK19 etc, typically modern USMC equipment. The graphics look much more detailed with a lot of shaders, normal mapping and vegetation.

These are Flashpoint 2 screens.

So the pics on Flashpoint2.com ("armed assault") have:

Old weapons, old aware animation, old vehicles, overall 1985 equipment on the soldiers. It looks a lot like OFP1 except for the soldiers. US Army.

I think these are probably new OFP Xbox screenshots.

And the E3 pics have:

MARPAT, M16A4, UH-1N, M249, M1A1 HA, HMMWV with M2 or MK19 etc, typically modern USMC equipment. The graphics look much more detailed with a lot of shaders, normal mapping and vegetation.

These are Flashpoint 2 screens.

Indeed that is right unless BIS maybe want to release AA as a expansion pack to update our old OFP1 from version 1.96 to 1.99

And the other screens are OFP2 version 2.00 after that we get Independence Lost will be version 2.50 wink_o.gif

but i dont think these screens are OFP2 cause if they are its a bit of a disappointment not to see any graphical upheavels done , everything appears same only soldier model is different in Armed assault.

Hi Acecombat

Here are some differences I noticed.

Proper grass

Trees look better but rock.gif I need to see more to make a real judgement.

Proper shadow casting note the vehicles have shadows cast on them by players even the guncasts a shadow on the soldier. That is serious calculation to do that.

Kind Regards Walker

Indeed that is right unless BIS maybe want to release AA as a expansion pack

We got a problem here.

We can't call it AA. That's taken already.

Need something else.

How about...............................

ArmAss?

Maybe not. crazy_o.gif

Hmm i tried to backdoor it in to AA's site no go biggrin_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /pics/ on this server.

Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.armedassault.com Port 80

Btw look at the tree right over the soldiers helmet in this pic and then on the AA site pic in the background looks similiar dont they?

FP2e3shot03.jpg

main.jpg

I find it amazing, that the XBox version can go from

561091_20040512_screen009.jpg

To

vrt-1.jpg

Avon your right AA is taken but perhaps we can get BIS to change this name? Armed Assault kinda sounds too generic and weak dont you think.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?newlang=eng LOOK AT THIS! we talk about the same thing biggrin_o.gif maybe its from an alpha stage and the others from beta! i dont know, its all so crazyyyy today crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Yes, BIS has such trouble getting screenshots from their games that they have to use older, uglier screens from alphas <span style='color:red'>[image removed]</span>

Quote[/b] ]Btw look at the tree right over the soldiers helmet in this pic and then on the AA site pic in the background looks similiar dont they?

No.

<span style='color:red'>[Please note: somethingawful.com has countermeasures against hotlinking that show a rather disturbing (obscene) image instead of the intended image - you have been warned! Fubar]</span>

Avon your right AA is taken but perhaps we can get BIS to change this name? Armed Assault kinda sounds too generic and weak dont you think.

I agree.

Why doesn't BIS take suggestions from the floor, like "Mop-up Ops". tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Btw look at the tree right over the soldiers helmet in this pic and then on the AA site pic in the background looks similiar dont they?

No.

We could name the game "A Tree Too Far". smile_o.gif

Operation: Sweep Clean? Or Contrariwise Strike (CS..)

hmm, the name can be Operation Armed Assault, and the second pic its maybe just with photosop produced for cover or something

blues.gif

Indeed that is right unless BIS maybe want to release AA as a expansion pack

We got a problem here.

We can't call it AA. That's taken already.

Need something else.

How about...............................

ArmAss?

Maybe not. crazy_o.gif

Lets call it mmmmm

FF = Flash Flicker tounge_o.gif

But a good name it really needs

USS = Uncle Sams Son's biggrin_o.gif

so codemasters is not going to be the Publisher off ofp 2 rock.gif

I'm pretty sure they are

I think everyone in the community will just call it OFP2. Mainly because it's easy, but it'll also stand as a tribute to OFP1.

"Armed Assualt" sounds like something EA would come up with.

I think everyone in the community will just call it OFP2.  Mainly because it's easy, but it'll also stand as a tribute to OFP1.

up with.

Agreed