Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

OFP2 and "armed assault" - what's up?

should be logical to make it big.

different theaters -different stories-different years

and the game will be on 1 DVD =over 4 gb

..how long till this forum mimics the GarrysMod one just before the release of the newest version, where he had to take it of line tounge_o.gif

That was funny biggrin_o.gif

By the looks of those screenies, OFP2 could be nearly done? xmas_o.gif

It would be a good time to start sales, with millions of excited people at E3, and howevermany people on this forum..

"Total loged in, 328 public, 23 hidden"

"OFP2: Armed Assault has been released!"

"Total loged in : 1 public, 0 hidden"

biggrin_o.gif

...okay that's not gonna happen tounge_o.gif

- Ben

than we have 4 theaters , but also 4 ages smile_o.gif

The dude in the movie says "Call in the dustoff now!!". I thought dustoffs aren't used anymore yet on another pic there's an M249. rock.gif

I'm no good at that though, so anyone of you military knowing-a-lots can give me a beating. tounge_o.gif

USMC uses UH-1Ns, but dunno if they still call them dustoffs smile_o.gif

dust-off = aerial medevac. they are still used.

anyway, back on topic--the pictures look AWESOME! can't wait to see what else they have in store for us. biggrin_o.gif

Ah, thanks for the clearup smile_o.gif

If it should be released tomorrow everywhere,i would be the first on to buy it in Estonia,but only if Nilz isn't faster.

if BIS would release it now then BIS would be rich within minutes or seconds

Hey everybody, keep in mind just like OFP1, it's not necessarily what the textures or models look like in alpha/beta..  It's what is now possible to mod with the engine!

Look at the folds of cloth in the BDU's, look at the shadow maps, look at the volume fog in the distance.  A bit better than OFP1 methinks biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Now for a movie or demo to see what can be done with the physics and models themselves! (oh please, oh please.)

xmas_o.gif  xmas_o.gif  xmas_o.gif

I edited my post think there wont be a WW2 or Vietnam era theatre cause there is a modern tv think all theatres will be from 1985 till 2000/2005 era wink_o.gif

Now remeber the "old" first channel from flashpoint2, everything u can saw there was from modern era, from 1985 to 2003/5, so i dont think thats going to be a ww2 theatre or vietnam theatre on flashpoint2, anyway wait till wensday.... wink_o.gif

well it took them about 6 hours to get the next channel online

Maybe within 6 hours they will bring channel 4 online ;)

Very impressive, it is even more superb than i thought (my first expectations was a vbs1-like quality, but it is very better visually)

/me begins to put money in a small box , i will need that to buy a new PC for Armed Assault when it wil be released.

Great job BIS , icon14.gif

i need it now.ah well over 6 months to go ,let's fall in sleep,the baseball bat would help a lot.

I'm bringing in the six-pack! There's gonna be a heavy amount of update-clicking the next few hours! tounge_o.gif

I think it isn't bad that codemasters is not publishing OFP2 or what the name will be. As long as they don't get to EA games it's fine for me. Maybe they can publish it on their own, then they make allot more proffit.

żAnother steam? rock.gif

If its well done i had no problem on that smile_o.gif

STEAM?! Like valve?

NEIN! tounge_o.gif

Anyway, save poor BI some bandwidth \/ smile_o.gif

- Ben

Quote[/b] ]

Thank you.

Is it usual for Codemasters not to be able to comment? i.e. is it a standard contract clause? I understand that Codemasters may not be able to comment on 'other games' BIS may be developing. So can I ask, are Codemasters currently developing Operation Flashpoint 2 with another partner?

Kind Regards

Response:

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Operation Flashpoint 2.

The agreements between a publisher and developer are very complex and, unfortunately, prevent us from commenting on these issues.

If you keep an eye on our website, any official announcements will be made here first.

2nd Question:

Thank you for your help.

What is the website address that we should be looking out for information on Operation Flashpoint 2?

Kind Regards

Response:

www.codemasters.com/flashpoint2 will have all the informaiton, also keep an eye on our forums.

Can we deduct from this that Codies are actually developing 'OFP2'  with another partner then? We need to look at 'thier' site and 'thier' forums for info not BIS...

If 'Armed Assault' is what 'OFP2' was going to be, what the hell is 'OFP2' going to be?

If 'Armed Assault' (not a very good name imo due to the whole 'AA' thing.. I think we should have more suggestions for what we would like it to be called?) is what 'OFP2' was going to be, do we care anymore what 'OFP2' is going to be?

Surely it can't go on in the same vain under a new development company?!?

Maybe this:

Armed assault -> OFP for xbox or a big patch to update our old flashpoint. If u watch carefully the buildings and vegetation form shots of ArmAss biggrin_o.gif , u can see that they are the same as operation flashpoint, specially buildings.

Now, the shots from the forums and the third channel of flashpoint2.com: Vegetation see much better than the old flashpoint, models looks better and, what is more important, armament, soldiers and tanks are form actual era, not from 1985 era.

I just want a real movie now not a slideshow. I wanna see the command interface. If we can get some Fireteam -> Squad -> Platoon action I'm going to piss my pants. biggrin_o.gif