Sign in to follow this  
raedor

RHS releases: GRU, SOBR, RFMI, GAZ66, Weapon Pack

I see this release is really GREAT. No complaint of course.

and i have some suggestion. is there any plan to remake the Gorka-R? I prefer this texture, and also model in below pics.

i think it fits to GRU well.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics4/rhs_grus_001.jpg

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics4/rhs_grus_002.jpg

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics4/rhs_grus_003.jpg

Especially the guy with no head gear (with only headset) and their foots look shorter than current model, i like it.

they really look like real GRU i've ever seen.

and... i think Gorka doesn't wear any patches.

sorry for my many suggestions.

Releasing those units seperate would be cool but dont change the Gorka units with theose old ones but releasing those old ones aswell would be good wink_o.gif

Recomend sending your mission to ofp.info or someone, or if that fails, send it this way, (you will need to PM if you do though) and i can get a filefront mirror up in about 24 hrs though.

The units, I love them, brilliant. At current I am filling out Mapfact Nog's airfield with em, mmmmm, firefights...

Great Units but i had a problem:

If copy all RHS Addons in the res/Addons folder and in the Y2k3 folder and when i start Y2k3 i got this Error:

http://img184.echo.cx/img184....MG]

I think that has something to do with the MAAM 1.3

I had the same error, didn't have the MAAM 1.3 installed. I just extracted the "MAAM_Magazines.pbo" to the Res/addons folder and it worked out fine. Though it could be a little different as you are running Y2K3.

Great Units but i had a problem:

If copy all RHS Addons in the res/Addons folder and in the Y2k3 folder and when i start Y2k3 i got this Error:

http://img184.echo.cx/img184....MG]

I think that has something to do with the MAAM 1.3

I had the same error, didn't have the MAAM 1.3 installed. I just extracted the "MAAM_Magazines.pbo" to the Res/addons folder and it worked out fine. Though it could be a little different as you are running Y2K3.

Thx Tkkivi for your help. It works very good ;)

Here is the Motorized Infantry mission I made.

http://rapidshare.de/files/1765577/Highway_to_Hell_Mission.zip.html

You need to have...

1.Resistance expansion pack.

2.RHS T55 pack

3.RHS Crew

4.RHS Russian Motorized Infantry

5.RHS Weapons pack

6.RHS Gaz66

7.DKM / Vit APC pack 1.4

I hope you enjoy it and find it challenging

thx smile_o.gif

oh man! that mission is awesome, could be better, but still, it rocks!!! got all convoy allive, all my squad members and how many rebels we killed, even destroyed a tank! So where is my premotion, which C.O. promissed to me completing this mission?! smile_o.gif

Missions like this i like, but in future, make some patrol missions with artilery/aircraft support. Make an realy hard convoy ambush, when all convoy needs to fight it's way geting throug, calling some heli support and spetsnaz teams or heavily mechanized tank brigades or something like that...

also it would be nice if there were spetsnaz patrol against little towns searching for rebels...

and you can use Chechen insurgents Pack by Saddam

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?sekce=unofaddons/units

air support, rhs also is making su-25, so you can use for missions vit's su-25, when rhs will release their su-25 you could replace them smile_o.gif

realy good mission...  wink_o.gif

Nice mission but i couldnt finish it, convoy refused to move on happend a few times but usally loading the last avegame helped, well shortly before lany it didnt work anymore sad_o.gif

Also i noticed our weapons need more tweaking they stray fire too much i think.

Also, maybe there were a bit much Rebels?

They could simply overrun all the russian posts i guess with this number of troops and weaps tounge_o.gif

Got some problems too:

The convoy was stuck at the bridge and wasn't able to move anymore, so I needed to restart the mission.

As Shadow NX mentioned, the RHS weapons are a way to imprecisely, but the rebels weapons aren't. My whole suqad was shot by one rebel machinegunner at Velka Ves.

about convoy movement, when you order to stop and retry possition save done, you load it and convoy starts to move...

nah, it's not so difficult, even if rhs weapons are not so accurate (at least i understood that what you claim) i done it...

it's much easier than take out whole 4 sep with t-90

I recommend to add to convoy Zil cargo, ammo and fuel trucks and convoy needs at least 1 bmp(i don't believe that 3 gaz-66 could cary much ammunition, gaz and zil-131 trucks should carry troops, while zil fuel and ammo trucks would do supplyers role smile_o.gif )

Played it again and finished the mission, this time with less problems, trying another tactic worked well.

Arived in Lany with 2 mins left tounge_o.gif

I'm glad you liked it.

I'm not sure why the trucks would not move again once ordered to. Does any one have a clue as to what might cause that bug?

The only times the convoy ever got stuck for me was on the bridge. The AI will sometimes swerve for no reason (perhaps they are drunk?) and get stuck on a light post.

Though in my early test some times a truck would get disabled and the driver would bail. Once he was out the whole convoy would slow to a crawl so he could keep up on foot. After that I set it to kill the driver of a truck if his truck is not canmove.

Quote[/b] ]even destroyed a tank!

I'm glad to hear some one managed to beat it with the tank spawned. I was a little afraid that maybe the tanks were a bit much. There are actually two tanks but they have a pretty low chance of appearance. If you are very unlucky there is a very very slight chance you could encounter two tanks.

Aside from the tanks there are two other random vehicle units that have multiple spawn positions. That and most of the troops are random. So every time you play it the make up and size of the enemy is a bit random. Some times it can be a cake walk and other times a nightmare. There are actually only two groups that are definite spawns. That said every time I test ran it, I usually met a lot of resistance at Velka Ves.

I'm considering making a GRU mission at the moment. I just am taking a bit of a break at the moment. I know it's a simple mission so it's hard to believe, but it took a lot of head  scratching and work to create that mission. I can only imagine the length of time it takes to make a mission such as Coin or heck any of the CSLA campaigns.

I played the mission and owned those pesky chechens easily however i still lost , read on to find out how :

On the way we met a empty T-55 sitting smack in the middle of the road?! I ordered the convoy to stop it was relatviely close , my units didnt find the tank annoying so they sat around but the BTR-80's went crazy they started shooting at it with their MG's and after a few mins of constant fire they blew it up with their MG's crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif .

Then when the t-55 burned on the road , the convoy got stuck and 2 out of 3 trucks collided with the wreckage and burned and i lost the mission because of THAT!! blues.gif

Now thats OFP at its best smile_o.gif

Also funny that the Ai still loves to shoot at static MGs when the gunner already is dead... tounge_o.gif

I was fooling around today and remembered VITAPC's PKM, SVD and VSS Vintorez, the vintorez looks great and the SVD looks to be a more recent version of the rifle, their style also blends well with your rifles and units, maybe you guys could try to ask AK47/VIT or someone left from DKM for permissions on use instead of building new, would save time and most importantly work, just an idea smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]On the way we met a empty T-55 sitting smack in the middle of the road?!

That's strange I'll have look into that. I tested the tanks out to make sure that they would spawn with a crew. I'm very sorry.

Well I've begun work on a possible GRU mission. It'll have kit selection in the briefing. I was wondering though, would it be possible to get a updated RHS weapons class readme? I notice there are a few errors in the readme that came with the weapons pack.

I just noticed that the "rhs_ak74mpso1gp25" brings up a Maam error and wont allow the mission to start.

has someone fixed the readme? biggrin_o.gif ...no I'm serious, somehow I'm too stupid to find out which ammunation is used for 2-3 weapons sad_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I was fooling around today and remembered VITAPC's PKM, SVD and VSS Vintorez, the vintorez looks great and the SVD looks to be a more recent version of the rifle, their style also blends well with your rifles and units, maybe you guys could try to ask AK47/VIT or someone left from DKM for permissions on use instead of building new, would save time and most importantly work, just an idea smile_o.gif .

A good while ago i asked for the VSS but couldnt get the ok from AK74M.

we're working on a patch currently, so you won't have to re-d/l the whole pack. smile_o.gif