Harnu

OFP photography - Questions & comments

Daniel @ June 23 2006,19:48)]Artillery

I want the Hummer on the right!

jajaj, i think Mr.Freud would have something to say about that tounge2.gif

2 Rainbow

Read one more time please. There's no Offtime, there's Offman. I don't certainly know how's this nick spelling, so wrote it like this. wink_o.gif

NSX, I was referring to the fact it appears to have a Paladin turret field modded onto it. Ah, good old OFP vehicle windows. tounge2.gif

2Sun

Hm...It's something wrong with your stuff really. RF don't have such UAZ jeeps in use. I saw such modifications with MGs and turrets in other countries-but it's not correct when you are modelling russian forces. I'm former officer of russian's army military recon myself and never saw such UAZ in our army. And if you're using CSLA's PKM-change it onto ORCS or at least modified CSLA's. It seems to be a really strange PKM. Perhaps czech modification? At least I never saw such in our company. It just looks diffirent.

Otherwise-good pics. Like you new infantry;).

Actually that Uaz..this version is not made from any kind of reference so it's quite fictional but i made it because it wasn't much of a work to tweak the base model (with top cover). Such versions were used in czech army with uk59 machine gun...this one is made just to add more variability to the units. As for the PKM...i'm not into russian weapons so i took what i got nad didn't care much about it's acuracy...so if there's something wrong on them then it would be nice to report it to it's makers (csla...rhs ?)

2Sun

Ok, thanks for explanation, mate. About PKM-you can always take ORCS. It's still very nice looking.

Wow, Parvus! Awsome pic mate (as usual) and, if I do say so myself, the FFUR 2006 patch is looking very promising! biggrin_o.gif

Again, awsome pic Parvus! thumbs-up.gif

Regards,

Zipper5

Wow Bucketman, those Taleban units look really impressive. By far the best looking addon I've seen representing them so far. Are you going to release them to the public? inlove.gif

hey NSX what setting do you have to make your game look that good? And is it playable at decent frames?

hey NSX what setting do you have to make your game look that good? And is it playable at decent frames?

My bet.. photoshop tounge2.gif .

Really now, dxdll post filter and turned up digital vibrance in his nvidia CP maybe, scaling down usually makes them look smoother. I think the colour looks a bit exagerated though but still very nice pics smile_o.gif .

edit: Uh oh, they are above 100kb, he better run before its too late pistols.gif .

My bet.. photoshop tounge2.gif .

Really now, dxdll post filter and turned up digital vibrance in his nvidia CP maybe, scaling down usually makes them look smoother. I think the colour looks a bit exagerated though but still very nice pics smile_o.gif .

edit: Uh oh, they are above 100kb, he better run before its too late pistols.gif .

He says they aren't edited in any way. Right under his pictures in bold.

Wow Bucketman, those Taleban units look really impressive. By far the best looking addon I've seen representing them so far. Are you going to release them to the public? inlove.gif

Thanks but they are pieced together from many different addons and none of the model parts are really my work so it would be really difficult to get permissions from all the different addon makers.

Not, they are not edited really. I wrote about my settings many times: 1920*1200 resolution, 16 Antialiasing, dxdll on full power, maxed settings and -3.000 LODs. It's not playeble on GF3 ( I was taking screenshots with 3-10 FPS), but it's going quite good with GF6600 and higher (not for large mass massacre scenarios though). Although I must admit I have 3800+ + 2GB RAM computer. And yeah...normalizing gamma of monitor and ingame. Or It'll look to bright.

Yep...and thanks about your nice feedback. Guitar rulezzzzzz. biggrin_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I really like the guitar pic yay.gif

Guys question, its so hideously noobish its going to hurt your eyes...

How do I turned anti-aliasing on? ive been playing ofp for years and didnt even know it existed smile_o.gif

AFAIK, that is have to do w/ your graphiccard, not OFP itself.

Not 100% though.

Guys question, its so hideously noobish its going to hurt your eyes...

How do I turned anti-aliasing on? ive been playing ofp for years and didnt even know it existed  smile_o.gif

I`v sended you a PM to explain were you can find it whistle.gif

NSX, are those nice edited units ever gonna reach the average OFP gamer, or even me? They look so nice... sad_o.gif

Anyways, to the point. Nice pics, as always. Although they might have a tad too much saturation (aagh, the colors tounge2.gif). That guitar adds a nice touch though. thumbs-up.gif

2Black Scorpion

Yep, mate, addons will you quite soon. Cameron said something about WIP release. Cause it's Faceplant. However some of addons will not be released, cause it's for private usage. Spetsnaz pack was released by Nightkiller, but Denorc requested to close topic on Flash.ru. However, there were no point that I can't take screens with them.

About guitar-it'll be released soon (maybe in a few hours), so I'll create a theme and download mirror. Possibly will translate txt document. This is small, but really hight quality and nice addon made by Jawa. I think he won't mind if I'll make a small presentation of his addon here.

I like when colors are hard. It's mine point. At least it create special effect-hard light and lowered gamma and contrast.

@Shadow: imho maybe you are not right with the *edited ArmA screen;

i guess the screen is unedited but the program in which the truck was loaded

and the screenshot was taken is not ArmA ...

btw. nice screens of the DKMM - how did you made yours? a untex. Island and OFP shadows?

P.S. plz compare the shadow of the ArmA pic and yours - i guess ArmA pic was taken @ develop. progi