Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FTA MOD real life simulation

holy crap, i have 2.14 g in my addon folder. I have everything from delta force to zombies to aliens to invasion 1944 to civil way. And much more! jesus. Oh this mod would be cool if it worked and dint freeze, but i blame myself for having such a carppy computer, i ment to say crappy but i dont wanna go back and change it because i am lazy. I am also dumb for typing all this extra crap. Bye crazy_o.gif

its not loading for me either

1ghz

512mb ram

geforce4 128mb

addons: besides official and FTA, only 18mb

i tried loading up just the island and it worked, then i unpbo'd the mission and tried to play it through the editor, and it had the same crash

The problem must be that it needs a heavy computer to play it. The scripting is just way too much, and too many things happening at the same time......

Me too. Is there any chance that the makers of the mod/mission would put this on an other island, like Everon or if it doesn't lag too much, Nogova.

The problem must be that it needs a heavy computer to play it.  The scripting is just way too much, and too many things happening at the same time......

That's completed bullshit, read the topic before you reply.

I got a AMD 2400+, 512Mb and a radeon 9800 pro so enough hardware to play the mission...

This is a wicked idea. However it seems people are having problems getting it to run.

I'll have to have a look at it sometime soon when I get some free time. Keep at it. I'm sure if it gets enough interest the problem will be diagnosed and fixed.

I wouldn't think a script would cause that much system performance drain unless they weren't optimized.

-EDIT-

After reading through a bit more, perhaps one of the stock islands or one requiring less system resources might be a bit better. I'm certain that there will be some ambitious individuals that will want to port it to the islands of their choice.

This is a wicked idea. However it seems people are having problems getting it to run.

I'll have to have a look at it sometime soon when I get some free time. Keep at it. I'm sure if it gets enough interest the problem will be diagnosed and fixed.

I wouldn't think a script would cause that much system performance drain unless they weren't optimized.

-EDIT-

After reading through a bit more, perhaps one of the stock islands or one requiring less system resources might be a bit better. I'm certain that there will be some ambitious individuals that will want to port it to the islands of their choice.

I really hope it is diagnosed and fixed because I would really like to play this sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

my island has no roads sad_o.gif (what the hell do i do with the data3d? Do I PBO it or what? the problem lies with loading the p3d in the data3d...how do I get it to work?)

note to people with startup problems: I tried to run just the plain Resistance with the FTA (without my gazillion addon folders) and it woulnd't start. When I do it with my super flashfx-every addon folder-possible the mission works fine. May have to do with addon dependancy.

we did solve the problem. try new betynaversion from FTA pages

it was caused by editorupdate102. betynaversion 0.3 is optimalized for more versions of this addon.

It works now, thanks!

...but I don't have roads either. I'll try re-installing the addons.

And oh, Am I supposed to walk to the city or what? There is no car at the house, or atleast I did't see one.

watch faq on fta pages

it say this:

If you don't have roads on Kalighat island make sure that the Data3D folder is in your Dta directory in OFP

(C:\Games\Operationflashpoint\Dta\Data3D)-There is also the Data3D.pbo but don't pack Data3D folder to PBO.

So in your Dta folder will be Data3D folder and Data3D.pbo and others Pbo files.

and you do not have car when game start. you must find job and ern some money and than buy car at second hand car dealer

Yepster, i noticed that myself too.

Anyway, i'll give one hint to everyone: Goddamnit DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL! I drank so much that my blood alcohol percent was like 56, and i got whiteouts that last minutes. tounge_o.gif

Sorry but I've got still the same Get Ready bug with the new version. So sadly I can't play it! sad_o.gif

First time I tried it I was playing in about 5 mins, maybe less.

Though fps was about 10 or less...

How do you earn the money? I started working as a police...

Quote[/b] ]The problem must be that it needs a heavy computer to play it. The scripting is just way too much, and too many things happening at the same time......

That's completed bullshit, read the topic before you reply.

I got a AMD 2400+, 512Mb and a radeon 9800 pro so enough hardware to play the mission...

You call that a heavy system? Thats about midrange if not lower.

Have you people downloaded the new version from the site? That helped me.

I don't know about the cop salary, but I think a quick way to earn money without getting bored is being a pilot. Just take the Chinook, fly south to an island with a prison, land and hit "Work" and you have 360Kk. Then go back and disembark at the airfield, it says "flight ended." Then you can fly back. And that Chinook is pretty useful anyways, you don't have to buy a car tounge_o.gif

For future updates: I think the governor should be able to earn some money too. I once worked as a governor and then ended with no money at all. Luckily I had my trusty Jawa so I could go get a new job.

One more thing: Don't drink and fly!

Btw- Wasn't there something similar to this released a little bit ago?

Eden Life, perhaps? rock.gif

EDIT: How could I forget!

The Working Mission Nogova.

I couldn't download them. rock.gif Anybody got working links?

(In fact, I couldn't download addons for WMN, and the other one seems unfinished).

Hey, sorry about that, I put the REQUIRED addons back up there, try again if you wish, but it's really an old funky misison. smile_o.gif

HAHA when i get the lockup bug on the get ready screen it takes me to my desktop and says out of memeroy bla bla bla lol and i have 6gbs of addons in me flashpoint folder.. mod folders..

Try this: Put the FTA stuff in a modfolder (not the Data3d thingy, it must be in the original dta or roads will not appear) and then rename the original Addons folder to Addon. This disables everything inside it, which for me, means a huge bunch of addons.

Make sure you guys get the updated version...it didn't work for me either, but once I got the new one it worked perfectly fine. BTW- I use regular folder (with other addons).

I have been playing through this recently. Tons of fun smile_o.gif Very good work, and still has so much potential...however there are many bugs (but it is beta). Just thought I would let you guys know some of the problems I encountered along the way-

-Chainsaw has no fuel to work. I bought one, and became a lumberjack Both were bugged. I was disappointed because I wanted to become a serial killer sad_o.gif

-Various problems with taxis and the taxi profession. There are many bugs and problems with citizens not getting out of the taxi, and I find abandoned taxis in the middle of nowhere cause some cink didn't like his job anymore. You should increase the amount of total taxis and improve thte code.

-Bus drivers...err...try to give them less beer before they drive. Every now and then they crash into the bus stop so many times it explodes, killing 5 or so people.

-There was a strange bug I encountered with a cink dying-it kept repeating the messege "some cink has died" though in fact only 1 had died. If it were true, the entire cink population would have been killed off considering the time I had been playing :P

-various grammar issues, but it seems that english is not your native language so that is ok. I'm sure there are various people (including myself) that would be willing to cure some of this up.

So thats some of the bugs I encountered, now here are my recommendations to improve the game:

-more personality to cinks: it would be cool to talk to a cink near, the airport, for example, and have him say "Hey there, I'm just waiting for the next flight right now." instead of "I am cink number 54. I live in house 23..."

-getting a job-would be cool to have a boss or someone to talk to one getting a job, instead of the "job menu." for example, to become a taxi driver, for example, you could go to the boss at the taxi parking and talk to him.

-shorten the time it takes to connect on kalinet.

I'll post more feedback when I come up with more. This is very cool, and I would love to see its potential fully explored.

That fixed version works and i gotta say i like this mission. I have some questions though. Where is the helicopter and where is the cop car?

Also, it would be awesome if the next version had a criminal job option.

so

-chainsaw not have ammo because when it have, you can destroy everythink around you. lumberjack must have chainsaw and go to one of his six trees and push "work".

-we could not improve cinks driving abilities. we only say where to go and how to go there, it belong to flashpoint AI.

-my england is good, isn't it? unclesam.gif

-"talk to" only get information about cinks. we want to make some better "talk to".

-there is system like comunism on kalighat. all institutions are public, not private. we do not need boss of taxis because his only one think to do can be hiring new people. one man in gidea can make this for all institutions

-try to buy faster computer and connect with modem, not wifi. it will be faster.