Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FTA MOD real life simulation

I already have the files from the FTA\dta\data3d in my Res\dta\dta3d, but I dont have roads on the island. Do I realy have to overwrite the original files? rock.gif

unpack it and click on yes in overwrite question. there will be no overwrite. ghostface.gif

A newspaper would be a good addition. I can see the headlines now: ALCOHOL RELATED CHOPPER CRASH KILLS 3; INJURES 2

There will be no overwrite when I overwrite it rock.gif Anyway, I backup the dta3d and try it out.

By the way, could you make the car names and stuff in english please? As I think it's kinda funny when you buy a car and don't know which one it is. I only know that kolo is the bike and jawa is the motorcycle, as KOLO.pbo is the bike and the OFP:s motorbike is a Jawa one.

Still got no roads on that island. I tryed to put the files from FTA\dta\dta3d to OPF\dta\dta3d and OFP\Res\dta\dta3d. Nothing solves this problem. rock.gif

I have no probs (I think, unless you count the huge lag) with FTA... I don't think I've got the missing roads problem you have... My island has roads...

Just copy the Data3D folder, go to the main (no Res or mod) dta folser and paste it there. So there should be the Abel, Cain, Data3D etc. .pbo's and HWTL and Data3D folders. Works for me.

It works, thanks. It seems to me that OFP Res dont use the (old) dta3d file, that is located in the main root?

Where is the helicopter and where is the cop car?

The chopper for pilot's job is in the airport, surprisingly. Go to the north end of the runway. And before you ask, fly straight south and you'll come to prison island.

The cop car *should* be in the southern part of the city where the employment office is. But i haven't seen a single car on that parking place.

And yes, that chainsaw should have fuel. Who cares if it gives you the ability to kill everyone, this IS a wargame after all tounge_o.gif

yes. cars. i am to lazy to translate their names. but i think when you know bike(kolo eska) and motorcycle (jawa) you know everythink. other names are names of these cars. skoda is skoda 105 or skoda 120 i think. volha is volha or gaz32, old russian car i think and no more is in second hand car dealer from begining. anyway autobus is bus. all cars are from eastern sector so for someone who didn't live there in ages of communism can it be hard. learn FTA. it is made to be learned.

I kinda wonder why you didn't bother compiling the stuff so ppl can put them in a MOD-folder. I don't actually like the idea of this Data3D-folder in original DTA-folder...

I have been trying the FTA Mod lately but it has some bugs.

1. The worst bug is, if a bus or taxi crashes, the whole world stops(cinks forget about the legs BIS gave them). Or just make sure that if a bus or a taxi crashes it must be fixed in no time. The police script is good to stop a vehicle, but the mechanic script suck.

2. If you think it is guna be hard to fix the crashing transport problem, then try to make it multiplayer. I would love to play it with all my friends.

3. Put in more cinks so that the jobs can be filled. You can also put in unemployed cinks if you must.

4. If you are doing the mod alone, try to get someone to help you. The more the better. I can also help you, but i cant understand the .sqs language you used.

5. Try to make the cinks more interacting. So they can talk to me before i want to talk to them. They must also talk to each other when waiting fir the taxi or bus.

6. The phones ringing the whole town full is getting aloying, try to soften it a little.

7. You are guna have to do something about the driving of the cinks and the bus drivers. I know you said it is OFP engine that makes them crash, but why does the police officers driver corectly??

8. I think I complainted to much, but i just want to say want is important and if you cant fix it. I am glad to help out.

Good Luck and I am hoping forward to the future FTA Mod!!!

Cya

Linkin

Just change the link from gamezone to gamepark and it should work. The problem is that ofp.info had to change the adress, but all links are still working if you write park instead of zone. yay.gif

Hi! I'm very interested in FTA MOD and I'm going to download the MOD when i come home from vacation, and do I need to download all versions of the FTA MOD? Or do I just need to download the newest version?

Also, when are you FTA guys going to release a new version of FTA MOD?

Looking forward to hear more about FTA MOD... smile_o.gif