Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

hmmm...I am kinda so-so on the possum thing. It doesn't seem fair and would really alter the gameplay drastically and make it too easy. It also doesn't seem very "flashpoint-like." I think strict rules should be applied to playing dead, as said earlier you must be around other bodies, maybe you can only play dead for a certain time, maybe you have a 50% chance of surviving (enemy might shoot the corpse to check anyway) etc.

Also, playing dead isn't very realistic in context of flashpoint AI...if you were a blackop in enemy territory and some russian just came across your corpse, they would probably check it, get some ID, alert authorities, etc...they wouldn't just walk by it and go "oh, a dead guy" as the ai would tend to do in this game.

yeah, I'd pass on the playing "possum" option...kinda iffy on the surrender too...what exactly would be the point in game...theres no point value, they would just stand there during single player play...id skip both of these or make it a chooseable option during install...I for one would pass on both ....

Nice new features but I'm afraid this will screw up addonfree missions...

What if a trigger's executed when all enemies are dead in a certain area and they surrender? You will have to kill them anyway to complete the objective.

And that's against the Geneva Convention relative to the treatment of prisoners of war (see them care... tounge_o.gif )

Nice new features but I'm afraid this will screw up addonfree missions...

What if a trigger's executed when all enemies are dead in a certain area and they surrender? You will have to kill them anyway to complete the objective.

we think we might have a solution for that, but we have to see if it works wink_o.gif

to the rest, test it before cursing it guys smile_o.gif

The surrender thing is GREAT!! DONT CHANGE IT!

I agree with the play dead though unless you have really made something to make it balanced and fair. Im sure its great!

This MOD seems to be the best replacement mod wow_o.gif

Cna't wait to try the upcomming patch wink_o.gif

@Milkman: make sure that you have not the same addon you have in the FlashFxUR folder in the res or original addons folder (it would be always better to post the exact error message.

I have no other addons, this is a clean install of OFP 1.96. If you mean the addons that came with the game (su25, BRDM, etc) yes I do have those in there. Here are two of the errors I remember off the top of my head:

"Cannot open object Data3d\uralt.p3d"

"Cannot open object Data3d\ziomek40.p3d"

@Milkman: make sure that you have not the same addon you have in the FlashFxUR folder in the res or original addons folder (it would be always better to post the exact error message.

I have no other addons, this is a clean install of OFP 1.96. If you mean the addons that came with the game (su25, BRDM, etc) yes I do have those in there. Here are two of the errors I remember off the top of my head:

hmm, these are the old and annoying errors that sometimes occur.

i'd recommend to do a reinstall of 3.5 and then download the patch 4.5 HERE

How do I synchronize waypoints with the new mission editor? I select it but I can never see a synchonize line for the waypoints?

hmm, these are the old and annoying errors that sometimes occur.

i'd recommend to do a reinstall of 3.5 and then download the patch 4.5 HERE

I don't know what I did, but I added "-nomap" and turned on Hardware T&L (Wasnt on even with a X800XL!!!) and the problems have gone away. Very strange but it works fine now, really enjoy using this pack.

HUGE POST ALERT!!!!! (sorry)...

I had a similar problem to Milkmans, but solved it in an entirely different way...

I noticed a post by Pappy on the Y2K3 thread which reported the same... <blah><blah>/uralt.p3d error (amongst others)... Pappys explanation was that the Data.pbo and Data3D.pbo files in the Y2K3/DTA folder were essentially the sky, rain, etc textures generated when he installed the particular combination of those addons he had chosen... however - somehow - by installing these addons, the actual computer you're installing them on gets "taken into account", or "signatured" or something... in other words - the precise files generated are in someway at least semi-dependant on the machine they're created on... Pappy discovered this when he copied those <working perfectly> files to a different computer (his laptop) and they suddenly started throwing errors...

His response was to - very sensibly - release the actual installation .exe of these files as an "environment pack" (is this like the FlashFXUR misc pack??), so people could directly install the files themselves so their install would be "personalised" for their own machine...

I tried this since I'd just formatted my lappy and done a "clean" up-to-1.96 install - the standard DTA folder as supplied by Y2K3 threw me the occasional error, but installing the "environmental pack" on the laptop itself, and then overwriting the contents of the Y2K3/dta folder with the newly generated data.pbo, data3D.pbo and HWTL folders eliminated all errors entirely! (so far).

Next up was the FlashFXUR mod - I installed the full pack, followed by the 4.5 patch and got several annoying but non-critical errors... installing the "misc" and then moving the resulting contents to the DTA folder worked exactly the same and eliminated all errors...

I have no idea how something like installing a skypack could be so machine-dependant, but it does seem to be the case... (then again, where that wierd genius Kegtsys is involved, anything is possible...)

I could be totally wrong about all of this, but I now have Y2K3, FlashFXUR and ECP/E:ECP all set up on the same machine with their own individual shortcuts, and I can run any one at any time without a single error so far...

On another topic (just quickly) - I agree that the handsignals are supremely cool, but also a total pain in the A** at times... recently, while playing "Trip2Hell3" (awesomely tough mission with only 2 live players and 6 dumbass AI's) it took me just under 45 seconds to select "weapon - RPG-7" - that was at my 7th attempt in the same situation... in the previous 6 attempts, that was 43 seconds too long!! Now I'm not whining - well, OK, I am, a bit, but I don't mind being killed when it's my own stoopid fault, but to die needlessly, not because of my own decisions on the battlefield, or because of bad reactions, but because of an unwieldy control system is a bit frustrating...

Anyway - generally all round - a bl***y awesome mod, and innovative too! I like that! Push those boundaries guys! BIS are gonna have to work like hell to push OFP beyond the v1.75 stage you guys have already reached!

See y'all under a bush sometime...

Bushlurker

@Bushlurker: sounds right to me.

@Milkman: if the errors still occur you'll have to delete the following files which can be found in the FlashFxUR/dta folder :

the subfolder htwl , data.pbo , data3d.pbo

then it should work without problems too smile_o.gif

BUG:

The first canopy on the east heicopter (mi-24) doesn't close but the other one will close (one opens and one closes as well as the side door hatch opening when the engines are switched on.

official statement by thunderbird:

Quote[/b] ]Hi all,

I'm glad that you appeciate the FFUR mod , I'm actually working very hard on the incoming FFUR v5.0, so concerning the .p3d errors , their main sources are your graphic cards which cannot support the high resolution skies , the only current way to avoid this problem is to remove the following files from your FlashFxUR/Dta : Data.pbo , Data3d.pbo and the subfolder htwl , the incoming installer will allow you to make yourself the settings you wanna put in game "with or without the sky" , "Low CPU - Powerful CPU configs" , or "Body explosion or without the explosion body"...

Something of totally new will also be added in the FFUR mod , I prefer not to tell you more about it , you'll have to discover it at the release of the Fifth version smile_o.gif

Any way , thank you alot for your support , bug reports and proposals , we appreciate it too much smile_o.gif

If you've more suggestions, don't hesitate to put them, Tomislav (Coordinator and adviser of the FFUR mod) or Reven (the general mananer of the FFUR mod) will be glad to answer you.

Best Regards

and thanks Again

Thunderbird84 - Leader and mod maker of the project FFUR

Europe Rocks...

BUG:

The first canopy on the east heicopter (mi-24) doesn't close but the other one will close (one opens and one closes as well as the side door hatch opening when the engines are switched on.

Check it out.

holy shit! smile_o.gif

death simulation is great idea, waiting for new great ideas and finaly, you know what biggrin_o.gif new FFUR

This is just simply amazing.... This had made my OFP experience SO MUCH better. Units are amazing.

I haven't felt this way about a game, let alone a MOD in a VERY long time..

Great work, all of you!!!!!!

For some reason, after a fresh install of operation flashpoint, the 4.5 patch doesn't install the exe and just puts a few files like 'bin' and 'addons' in the FlashFXUR folder, leaving out the exe.

is there any way to implement kegetys hisky instead of the unsung/llauma one? IMO, kegetys sky is much more realistic and nice looking.

HiSky.jpg

I have sorted all of my problems out, they were mostly hardware setup issues. Now I have a few issues that are possibly FlashFx's fault.

1: When I blow up a UAZ I get a gigantic explosion, and a very large error message involving the drop cl command. The UAZ dissappears and leaves an explosion similar to that of a Fuel truck exploding. I have pics if you need them, heck I can make a movie if you need further help.

2: I am not sure if its a bug or a feature, but I was shooting a truck at about 15m distance and I think the tracers were deflecting off of the truck and hitting me because I kept losing health. Once again, I can provide movies to better explain this.

3: This isnt a bug but more of a suggestion: Could you replace the Ural Ammo, Fuel and repair with CSLA ones like Y2k3 mod? If they already are replaced then maybe its just my game...

Quote[/b] ]is there any way to implement kegetys hisky instead of the unsung/llauma one?

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nosplash -nomap -mod=FlashFxUR;hisky

That's what I use for the shortcut.

Hi, can i make a suggestion for realism that will increase the use of medics and for medevacs too.

When a soldier is seriously hurt, instead of him being able to move, he will lie in the dead position (or whatever), unable to move or to fight but is able to call for a medic etc (perhaps at this time he can be taken prisoner). Doing this would mean greater emphasis on getting those injured soldiers out of the battle as would happen in real life and therefore heal him etc and would be also great for mulitplayer too. If a medic is present he can heal the wounded soldier just like normal but if there is no medic around i think it would be a good idea to be able to pick that wounded soldier up (put him on your shoulders) and run him out of danger. This could be useful for a medic too to enable the medic to be in less danger and heal a wounded soldier outside of battle or place that soldeir in a medivac.

This will also bring a good feel of team-work in multiplayer.

If you could (and if this idea is possible), maybe make this a configurable option. Cheers

Also it is possible to make it so people in passenger seats in a helicopter etc can shoot out of the windows?

Please can you get rid of the wake that appears when in the water (after being shot down) and also stop the engine sound because it looks a bit silly like that.

I have noticed that if a large amount of explosions occur, alot of error messages will start to appear (powerful cpu config enabled)

@wilson: sniping out of window = still a limitation of ofp sad_o.gif

about the engine thing, make it a bit clearer please, i don't understand what you want to see changed rock.gif

all the error messages should be fixed in 5.0 wink_o.gif

hurt and medic stuff: would destroy gameplay if there is no medic. you'd be still alive but unable to move, and a "magic medevac that appears somewhere" would not be so realistic in the many black op missions or the the missions where you first have to take control of airports, so the heli would be easily shoot down all the time, and on the other side the us would never send a heli as it would destroy "secret missions"

and carrying another unit is also such a thing, there are no animations for it, and then actually two men would be needed to carry a wounded person, and to do anims for two or three units at the same time crazy_o.gif , i'd say let's hope one day someone comes up with a fantastic solution or we'll all have to wait for ofp2 sad_o.gif

sorry that we cannot help on that, though it would be great, but it is not in our reach sad_o.gif