Sign in to follow this  
kevbaz

Addon cd from ebay

Noticed a "addon cd" for sale on ebay the otherday, and after being quite intrieged as to whos addons were there exactly i bought it, well it arrived today and im quite annoyed and appauled really, heres a list of what was on the cd that he was selling.

http://www.kevbaz.com/files.txt

Picture of the cd in question

http://www.kevbaz.com/addonscd.jpg

So im posting here so that those whos work has been sold can be informed.

Its been reported to ebay via Placebo, i picked it up for Å3 plus delivery, i was the only person to bid for it.

whos willing to write a resonably lawyer like sounding email to this guy, give him a little scare or is placebo up for doing something similar? biggrin_o.gif

but yeah this isnt right atleast it doesnt exactly look perfessional if it was a company or something i would be more angry

wow theft and extremely tacky looking theft at that..

but would be nice to have all the addons on say on dvd especially for those with slow connections.. But thats treading on a sticky legal landmine..

LOL, my AH-64 luggage participates also, we makes the work, that taken the money the muck chap for it the coal. Keel Kiel and quartering the chap

i hope BI Studios will punish such things

even ebay shoudl get trouble with that!

ebay shouldnt permit such things

They dont permit it, but with so much being auctioned on E-bay. they just dont know anyone is selling stolen stuff till they get a complaint from someone..

A friend of mine had some of his stuff stolen and it ended up on there eventually but once ebay found out they notified the authorities and had them charged.

Looks like just some kid with a "this is a great idea and i can make some money"

He could of atleast printed a cover for it, lol, looks like his back up disc. Wonder if he even has OFP? lol

actually this is not the first time for this kind of thing...

1) in 2003 somebody was selling CD's (he had like 150 of them) with many OFP addons... sad_o.gif I found the site by accident when searching in google for "OFP addons".

2) I think that Caucasus crisis addons are buyable from the old makers of them... (if I'm wrong on this, correct me)

so, this is predictable when there is so many great addons to somebody wanting some money for them... wink_o.gif

theres swissmod item on the cd to you know

man the things you can buy off e-bay .. like a pound sold for 100 pound tounge_o.gif

man the things you can buy off e-bay .. like a pound sold for 100 pound  tounge_o.gif

Hah! I only paid 5 for one just last week.

smile_o.gif

rock.gif

wow_o.gif

sad_o.gif

still cant beat the guy auctioning "absolutely nothing" on ebay.. at least the postage was free.. but bidding did reach at least $5.50 USD lol

Playing the devil's advocate here, but it is well possible that he charged for shipping and material cost only, rather than the addons themselves.

Imagine, I don't know, say Shadow and the rest of Norway are cut out from the internet and he wants to download the addons. Obviously, without the internet, he can not download them. So he gives me a call and asks me to send them some addons on a CD.

Me being a student and thus on a tight budget tell him its not a problem, but he has to pay me the cost of the CD, the cost for packaging, and the cost of sending.

Thus, I techinically do not get paid, I merely have my loss compensated for.

If he does have a "buy now" price in that auction and can prove that this price covers the cost of CD and shipping, then he may get away with it.

Sorry for being a party pooper, but thing's aren't that easy tounge_o.gif

I would also like to stress that the above is nothing but a small thought experiment, and I do not condone this individual's actions, nor do I condone any kind of charging for OFP addons. In fact, I am enraged by this action and if he does live in the South East, I would be willing to pay him a visit to get him to meet the long arm of BIS law wink_o.gif

theres swissmod item on the cd to you know

I noticed! crazy_o.gif Actually, I 'am not so mad about that, Swissmod is not my work in models. I only do missions for Swissmod update 1... wink_o.gif

But still, stubid thing the whole thing. DOes anybody know on what nick does he hang around...? rock.gif

humm wow_o.gif

If i remember right, Ironsight was using F3WX objects pack 1.1

or at least my "cement barriers" on Nogova 2004.

I couldn't find any of them on the list.

ts ts - selling incomplete addons tounge_o.gif

I'm not sure, if all of those textures being used for those addons, are free for being sold that way either.

I hope noone of the addon-makers being in the pack can get

in troubles because of that too crazy_o.gif

~S~ CD

actually this is not the first time for this kind of thing...

1) in 2003 somebody was selling CD's (he had like 150 of them) with many OFP addons... sad_o.gif I found the site by accident when searching in google for "OFP addons".

2) I think that Caucasus crisis addons are buyable from the old makers of them... (if I'm wrong on this, correct me)

so, this is predictable when there is so many great addons to somebody wanting some money for them... wink_o.gif

haven't heard that the guys from caucasus crisis are selling it?

So will kevbaz be reselling the addon CD on EBay now, trying to get his 3$ back? biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

ac130.rar

So, did this ****** ***** ** **** really sell my gunship? Whats his email adress?

I personally understand if you, like Ronin said, sell it with the price of the CD and shipment etc. but only in case you sell it to a friend or something.

Damn, selling freeware is just so dumb. I don't mean it wouldn't be harsh either.