Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.075...The countdown begins.

can't you make craters apear if you would touch off a satchel charge and also i think it would be the uber best thing evver if engineers could have a action menu item to "dig a fox hole"

and it would be the crater that you have in ecp would show up after say 30 secs. maybe biggrin_o.gif

would make any defense mission a real joy when you get to prepare your position and stuff like that.

i got some really special ideas for coops now ghostface.gif

defend base mission where you get a certain minutes to dig some fox holes, place out weapons and ammo around and get into positions and await the enemies smile_o.gif

Oi Command. No more stealing my ideas about satchel charges!!!!

Oi Command. No more stealing my ideas about satchel charges!!!!

hahaha biggrin_o.gif what i didn't steal anyone's ideas? i just borrowed 'em tounge_o.gif

lol i kind of thought hand grenades first but then satchels would work better biggrin_o.gif

An M163 shoots down an Mi24.

chop1.jpg

Remember the rotor failure simulation? It as been improved!

An Mi24 engages a motorized convoy.

explo3.jpg

More on the explosion. This time, a set of explosions trying to describe the effect... Nah... Where is the sound?

I killed two evil commies.

gore1.jpg

This is a sample of the new gore effects. The blood is animated - blood drops splashing and progressive bleeding of wounded corpses, both in 2D models - and the spurting as been improved. Bullet cartridge model is new aswell, in different sizes: hand gun caliber, rifle caliber, machine gun caliber and hard mounted caliber (20~30mm, non scaled).

New night vision screen layers, all compatible with DXDLL:

PVS-7 monocular, with statics:

nv1.jpg

Very hard to play with, but trully environmetal and exciting, imho.

PVS-5 binocular, with statics:

nv2.jpg

We've seen similar... There are two versions: with and without statics.

Faded edges screen, with statics:

nv3.jpg

Two versions aswell.

You can choose your favourite from seven available!

Read back its been disscused already. wink_o.gif Less then 15 MB (I think, if I remmember correctly) for the core.

Quite a bit less than that, in fact.

A quick look at my ECP directory shows that vanilla 1.079 is around ~7MB all told.

There are of course things that can expand this. Dynamic Range adds 43MB to the install size and other... secret... things add a bit more. tounge_o.gif

However, those things are all optional. ECP is pretty lean.

There are few others as well which of course means that if those are edited a Mod needs to 'ship' the whole data or data3d pbo(s) with it... Size increase would be inevitable sad_o.gif...

The hi-res sky packs replaced things (textures) in the data3d.pbo file, but wasn't 300mb tounge_o.gif

But, this would make ECP incompatible (Well, the crater bit anyway) with some mods.

If the crater is big enough, it will hide the old one, and if you can move it (the old crater) it's not an issue smile_o.gif

Hmm, it seems i missed a page of the thread.. Stupid over-helpfull forum going to last unread page..

Hmm, one thing, do bodies spray blood when shot? In the revious ECP, they suddely were drained of all blood when dead, which was a little odd

Hmm, how are the nightvision screenes changed? Two ways I can think of : Like the reflective water, an external program that changes what one (pbo with textures) that is used (Also maybe when you install). or.. hmm, dont think it would work, but seperate night vision google weapons, that give different screen overlays. Not quite sure how that works, but you never know tounge_o.gif

Anyway, good night! tounge_o.gif

- Ben

Hmm, how are the nightvision screenes changed? Two ways I can think of : Like the reflective water, an external program that changes what one (pbo with textures) that is used (Also maybe when you install). or.. hmm, dont think it would work, but seperate night vision google weapons, that give different screen overlays. Not quite sure how that works, but you never know tounge_o.gif
It's nothing like that. It's done the same way as it is in FDF Mod or EECP. The modelOptics path has just been changed in CfgWeapons\NVGoggles. The new optics are contained in ECP_Effects.pbo.

The actual path is definied elsewhere, so it's easy for the user to switch between any of the 7 optic models by simply commenting and uncommenting a line.

I have a question... I know its abit off topic, but its generally related to the subject - does anyone knows if Armed Assault supports terrain deformation?

ask it in the ArAs Thread wink_o.gif

To answer ya Q, We dont know, We dont have a list of features wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I have a question... I know its abit off topic, but its generally related to the subject - does anyone knows if Armed Assault supports terrain deformation?

ask it in some other thread, because we don't know. tounge_o.gif

Those screens look great. The graphical improvements are really awesome, which forces me to ask.. How hardware-demanding is this mod compared to OFP: resistance?

Sweeeeet! wow_o.gif Fantastic work gentlemen! Just those effects alone look great! Looks to be well worth the wait.

I hope the praise you appear to deserve will soon replace the "When? When?!!!" drivel that had been plaguing this thread (albeit because the previous version was so good!)

It's nothing like that. It's done the same way as it is in FDF Mod or EECP. The modelOptics path has just been changed in CfgWeapons\NVGoggles. The new optics are contained in ECP_Effects.pbo.

Opps tounge_o.gif

Thats what I get for posting at 2AM crazy_o.gif

Yeh, that makes a bit more sense tounge_o.gif

Anyway, good work:)

- Ben

(Kurayami @ June 10 2005,02:30)

Quote[/b] ]Dynamic Range adds 43MB to the install size and other... secret... things add a bit more.

Not sure if im right in my guessing but have you seen this tread? (especially last post)

Having not been to war or anything, the closest being films and OFP, my question is do professional troops do much hooping and hollering on the battlefield? (to use the forementioned phrase).

If (and im entirely speculating here) a random mod were to introduce some communication during a mission, its not going to give my position away is it if one of my blokes decides to provide some words of wisdom during a critical stealthy part is it?

And more importantly, depending on your point of view, its not going to annoy me will it when a phrase for example "aghh, im hit, you guys go on without me, cough!" or something equally rubbish gets used for the fifth time in a mission?

Pub at lunch time = no real work getting done for rest of day

Nice pictures, but I have a question about rotor failure efect.

we have to modify the helicopter config to see this effect in all choppers, or ECP override the air class (or whatever) so the effect its on all choopers without the need of change anything?

or is an addevenhandler in the editor ?

Nice work anyway, hope to see this ECP version soon.

Thanks

Flaber

P.D. due to my english skills crazy_o.gif if the question has no sense, i will try to ask with other words.

So.. is it long until it will be released?

So.. is it long until it will be released?

BIS should intorduce a kind of paypal account for everyone. so that everytime this question is asked the one who aked has to pay 50 cent :P

don't take it personal olle, i guess the whole community is expecting this, but we should let them do their work smile_o.gif

Yeah.. I agree.. But it's been half a year since they first said "days"....

So are we down to hours=weeks?

Quote[/b] ]Yeah.. I agree.. But it's been half a year since they first said "days"....

So are we down to hours=weeks?

Well, I don't trust them for their release dates any more, but I still want ECP 1.080. tounge_o.gif

So, keep up the good work ECP!! biggrin_o.gif