Sign in to follow this  
Monkey Lib Front

Usmc uh-1n

<Bump>

Any news? Just wondering how things were coming...or if RL has managed to get in the way (I hate it when it does that).

WOW look at that thing unload it's ammo! wow_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

I'd Hate to be the people on the other side of that barrel !

Hi, this UH1-N it's something that we need; there's not enought USMC related addons like choppers, armoured or wheeled vehicles. Will be possible in the future to modify the current UH1-N model and make it closer to how the real UH1-N look like?.

BLACK USMC UH1-N

Hi, this UH1-N it's something that we need; there's not enought USMC related addons like choppers, armoured or wheeled vehicles. Will be possible in the future to modify the current UH1-N model and make it closer to how the real UH1-N look like?.

BLACK USMC UH1-N

That picture looks like it's just OD-green and not black. Look at the black markings.

And modify the model?? It looks already like the real thing afaik

Hi, to me it don't look so closer to the real UH1-N, those green glasses are not present, the front window it' s to tall and the angle isn't the same angle; maybe because the nose it's too short... the tail don't have the same union point with the body as in the real UH1-N, and the door windows are placed too high. It's the best UH1-N that we've; that's a fact. But it's also a fact, that's the only one that we've.

Months ago, in the USMC Mod page they had some in game screenshots of the E&S USMC units boarding a CH46-E Sea Knight & a UH1-N while a UH1-N Rescue was landing closer to the UH1-N in the 2 grey tones camo scheme adopted by the USN and USMC aircrafts from the 91' or the 93' (im not sure on this); that grey CH46-E and UH1-N wasn't unfinished, i think that they were been made by NXZShadows, but i can't remember rightnow. They looked great to me, and then... Shadows went to the CBT team & the USMC Mod died once more; so... as the CBT team it's focused on the U.S. army... the resoult, it's that we've lost not only the most promising CH-46E Sea Knight and UH1-N Twin Huey that we could have had... we loose too the chance of have the great AH1-W Super Cobra that Shadows was working on.

My conclusion of this boring exposure of the facts is; that this moded UH1-N isn't a so closer model to the real UH1-N as it could. Im not a modeler and i couldn't even map the textures over a model, so this model look great to me and i ask for the pardon of the modeler; but this is just my fucking opinion, so sorry if i offend you man. This is what i think. Let's cu.

Hi, to me it don't look so closer to the real UH1-N, those green glasses are not present, the front window it' s to tall and the angle isn't the same angle; maybe because the nose it's too short... the tail don't have the same union point with the body as in the real UH1-N, and the door windows are placed too high. It's the best UH1-N that we've; that's a fact. But it's also a fact, that's the only one that we've.

Months ago, in the USMC Mod page they had some in game screenshots of the E&S USMC units boarding a CH46-E Sea Knight & a UH1-N while a UH1-N Rescue was landing closer to the UH1-N in the 2 grey tones camo scheme adopted by the USN and USMC aircrafts from the 91' or the 93' (im not sure on this); that grey CH46-E and UH1-N wasn't unfinished, i think that they were been made by NXZShadows, but i can't remember rightnow. They looked great to me, and then... Shadows went to the CBT team & the USMC Mod died once more; so... as the CBT team it's focused on the U.S. army... the resoult, it's that we've lost not only the most promising CH-46E Sea Knight and UH1-N Twin Huey that we could have had... we loose too the chance of have the great AH1-W Super Cobra that  Shadows was working on.

My conclusion of this boring exposure of the facts is; that this moded UH1-N isn't a so closer model to the real UH1-N as it could. Im not a modeler and i couldn't even map the textures over a model, so this model look great to me and i ask for the pardon of the modeler; but this is just my fucking opinion, so sorry if i offend you man. This is what i think. Let's cu.

@Wipman - Well my opinion is that you go learn how to model and make a better UH-1N.

@Prep H- Great job man! Love the Huey!

Quote[/b] ]They looked great to me, and then... Shadows went to the CBT team & the USMC Mod died once more; so... as the CBT team it's focused on the U.S. army... the resoult, it's that we've lost not only the most promising CH-46E Sea Knight and UH1-N Twin Huey that we could have had... we loose too the chance of have the great AH1-W Super Cobra that Shadows was working on.

haha u have no idea what ur talkin about do u?

Quote[/b] ]Im not a modeler and i couldn't even map the textures over a model, so this model look great to me and i ask for the pardon of the modeler

I forgive you 'cause you don't probably know what means working on an addon. Often an addon-maker is forced to accept compromises and to sacrifice some aspects of the model to avoid creating a laggy addon with a too complex structure. For instance, you can notice the difference between the kind of weapon mount i created and the real one. Mine is very simple and its just intended to get close to the real model not to replicate it 'cause it would imply 3-4 days of work just for that part of the helicopter...and there are many things to do, not just that one!

You've also to consider the time you'd need to spend on an addon to get a decent replica of the real vehicle. I spent more than 2 months and a half working on this UH-1N. I started in november and I'll release it as soon as possible (update: i'm fixing some bugs noticed by my beta-testers, then I'll send - maybe tomorrow - the model to Lupus[WD] for optimization) and I gotta say that this project was born more than a year ago (in that period I worked on it about 15 days)! Further you must consider the most important thing: i spent all this time on it and I USED THE UH-1H MODEL BY SELECTTHIS!!!

It's pretty impossible to make a replica of a real vehicle in a reasonable time (...and I'm even alone!).

I have a suggestion for you: learn O2 and feel what means making something as closer as possible to reality. Then you'll have the possibility to criticize an addon in the detailed way you used in your post...maybe. wink_o.gif

Well seeing Combat is not publicly disussing their projects anymore because they wanna be more focused on doing the actual addon making. You won't know, but seeing I posted screens of the other units you were mumbling about sometime back in this thread.

This thread is for this bird, which he's doing a very good job on, using phots from the net is often a big mistake because the Marines have used this bird from VietNam to current day. There are going to be way too many variations on this bird, some custom for certain military operations. A night ops bird mostlikely or used in the jungle regions of the world, Most of the Marine helis are all grey or the tricolor grey green light grey they had from the 80s.

Quote[/b] ]update: i'm fixing some bugs noticed by my beta-testers, then I'll send - maybe tomorrow - the model to Lupus[WD] for optimization

Good to hear the good news, Preparation H

@Bobcatt666;

Tricolor should be completely gone by now. AFAIK all UH-1N's (in general USMC service) are gunship-grey. There could indeed be some black versions ect, but I don't know about one.

Quote[/b] ]update: i'm fixing some bugs noticed by my beta-testers, then I'll send - maybe tomorrow - the model to Lupus[WD] for optimization

Good to hear the good news, Preparation H

@Bobcatt666;

Tricolor should be completely gone by now. AFAIK all UH-1N's (in general USMC service) are gunship-grey. There could indeed be some black versions ect, but I don't know about one.

Yeah, there should be no more tri-color. Everything went grey

Quote[/b] ]There could indeed be some black versions ect, but I don't know about one.

In fact it's the first time I see a black version... rock.gif

There are two tricolors constantly flying here, but are training birds for insturment training, saw some floating around at the Marine Air station, but they flew in from far out.. Might get repaited when the big overhaul time comes.

Special ops birds often get paitned in colors that better suit their mission usage, even more so for inserting Marine Recon units and Navy Seals. And commonly painted dark od green for cladestine operations. Only reason they still keep a bird in non usual colors, seeing they even have black or very dark green humves.

Hi, don't take me wrong Prep... i just said my opinion, that no one cares and that no one asked me; but as fan of the USMC, ithink that my point was just that the UH1-N will look better TO ME, with just those green glasses over the heads of the pilot seats, just that. & Sincerily... don't gimme or to anything else a sugestion in that tone, that makes the ppl get angry; & that's bad. What i said, was just an opinion... so if u get angry because my opinion... then it's your problem, not the problem of anyone else.

Btfw... i've deleted all by BAS helicopters and i use your UH1-N; and yes, it's true... it don't lags and fly very well.

P.D: I've been crying out for help with a pack of M4's that i still working on the textures for over 10 months; without any kind of support until over 3 weeks ago. And receiving all kind of retarded criticts, kicks from everywhere, from forums, to mIRC channels and even pages related to the OFP. Keep that in mind when u post your angry reply to this 'lil post trying to short out what's. Let's cu.