Sign in to follow this  
FischKopp

Semper Fidelis

@ cribban thats how they are irl.

@ FischKopp. Did you say that you had a working VTOL script? If so can you give us much detail? ie can AI use it on and off LHA's. That would be cool. Screens look amazing  notworthy.gif

any word on progress of other projects? im mean if the AV8 look this good  inlove.gif , how do the LAVs look  smile_o.gif

Maybe it's just perspective, but that Harrier looks huge compared to the pilot. I thought Harriers were actually pretty small...

lol FK stop spending so much time in Oxy and get on msn, i got things to show ya :P

@Heatseeker: Cos of your post i´ve checked the size of the Harrier . 14.32 lenght, 3.55m height and 9.25 wingspan. and these facts are given on my Harrier. Ok, maybe the backwing is a little bit too high. icon_rolleyes.gif

@Heatseeker: Cos of your post i´ve checked the size of the Harrier . 14.32 lenght, 3.55m height and 9.25 wingspan. and these facts are given on my Harrier. Ok, maybe the backwing is a little bit too high.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Me huh.gif .

May i ask about animated parts? Im sure you have tried the falklands beta harrier wich features animated intakes and the 4 exaust thingys, are these planned?

whats up with the tail thingy on the canopy window?

If I recall they are tiny explosive charges designed to destroy the canopy when the pilot ejects so he doesn't smash through the glass. The harrier jet and some other planes use this detonation cord system that explodes the glass whereas most planes just have the canopy pop off.

Looks great! Falklands' harrier sounds great too, they just keep teasing us about how good it is and they know we all want it... tounge2.gif Just kiddin' nener.gif

*Needs decent British Harrier  whistle.gif "

Great looking pilots you got there pistols.gif .

Lol, dont delay them CH53's any longer, if performance impact isnt bigger than OW Mi-28 it should be fine.

2048? How much space on the helicopter does one of those texture files cover? 1 half or more? (just wonderin)

I second everything Heetseeker just said. smile_o.gif

OFFTOPIC: What exactly does MARPAT mean or stand for?

Dan, MARPAT stands for MARine PATtern.

As for the 2048 textures, I doubt they'll be much of a problem unless there are loads of H-53s in a mission. If there is any problem you can always release a patch/update at a later date.

and the chances of 10+ helicopters in one mission are exceedingly rare,usually the most you see is 3-5.

A question to the Community. Shall i do a low res version of the CH-53 cos some trxtures have a size of 2048 pix?

Some pics of the helicopter pilots.

Woodland MARPAT

Desert MARPAT

Woodland

Perhaps you can do something like ORCS have done where you can d/l a high resolution and regular resolution addon which share the came config, model but different texture sizes.

A question to the Community. Shall i do a low res version of the CH-53 cos some trxtures have a size of 2048 pix?

Some pics of the helicopter pilots.

Woodland MARPAT

Desert MARPAT

Woodland

well it looks like we're finally gonna get a quality -53 biggrin_o.gif but ill hold my excitment till its actually on my harddrive ...

Perhaps you can do something like ORCS have done where you can d/l a high resolution and regular resolution addon which share the came config, model but different texture sizes.

Thats exactly what I was going to suggest but I see you beat me to it Wa_Va_Voom wink_o.gif

Pilots are looking good Fisch, and so are the Marines for that matter, keep up the good work.

It should only lag when there is lods of helis on the mapbut as someone said befor (think it was xnodunitx) there are normaly 3-5 helis on the map. I will use the high texture one anyway.

By the way FK nice looking stuff ,one of the best helis i have seen around.Keep ip the good work.

Oh yes one more thing, maybeu should help VIT to texture his uh-1y so it is made by both of you and you can use it for your marines as well.Couse his model is prety good , but from what i have seen he doesnt know much about texturing!

I would say keep the 2048 textures, people moan about them but really the performance hit can be equal or less than smaller textures depending on how you use them. I would offer a lower detail version if it creates serious problems, but you always get someone calling an addon laggy (even 1024 textures) but then it's usually a case of their hardware being very low end and 'lag' and 'fps' have become the new buzz-words for people to latch on to, so use your own judgment, which judging from those screens is pretty top-notch. wink_o.gif

Hey I was wondering,since you guys are doing a new abrams will it also have anew interior textures and model parts or will it be the same old BIS stuff? I have a few pictures of Abrams interiors (not all that big though but their sharp)