Sign in to follow this  
FischKopp

Semper Fidelis

Yeah they update their vehicles ... but i´m not an expert in that. They use the M923 5t Truck and the LVS. The LVS looks like a HEMTT with the difference, that instead of one part it is split in two. The MK48 Fron Power Unit and the trailer in diffrent varaition.

The Marine Corps is using a 7-ton truck now, it's one huge mother.

Yeah they update their vehicles ... but i´m not an expert in that. They use the M923 5t Truck and the LVS. The LVS looks like a HEMTT with the difference, that instead of one part it is split in two. The MK48 Fron Power Unit and the trailer in diffrent varaition.

Oh my fault that i forgot the MTVR

my idea was to replace the UH60 with UH1N and UH60 ffar with UH1N with ffar. (afaik CH53 cant equip rockets, and neither can the CH46), but MAYBE you could replace the CH47 with the CH46, the UH60 with CH53 and the UH60(ffar) with UH1N (ffar)

I hadn't thought about the UH-60 with rockets... I guess in that case, a UH-1N/Y would be better.

Quote[/b] ]

and why replacing A10 with AV8, well... becouse both are quite slow planes, the F18 is too fast and more like a air superierity fighter, both A10 and AV8 is mainly used as CAS aircraft. (besides, SEF is making a AV8 and not a F18) wink_o.gif

F/A-18 too fast? Nah, median speed for it would only be slightly faster than the A-10's top speed. And it can carry a lot more toys, too. 9,000 pounds on 7 external stations for AV-8, 13,700 pounds on 9 external stations for the F/A-18C/D. Of course I do like the AV-8, but don't you tell me the F/A-18 can't compare when we're talking ground attack.

dam that's about half the weight of the apcs i operate

Quote[/b] ]

and why replacing A10 with AV8, well... becouse both are quite slow planes, the F18 is too fast and more like a air superierity fighter, both A10 and AV8 is mainly used as CAS aircraft. (besides, SEF is making a AV8 and not a F18) wink_o.gif

F/A-18 too fast? Nah, median speed for it would only be slightly faster than the A-10's top speed. And it can carry a lot more toys, too. 9,000 pounds on 7 external stations for AV-8, 13,700 pounds on 9 external stations for the F/A-18C/D. Of course I do like the AV-8, but don't you tell me the F/A-18 can't compare when we're talking ground attack.

Ya say that again when I'm flying around in the A-10 taking off from teh Nimitz and your sorry tail is over here flying circles around me even while I'm going at top speed whistle.gif (course thats a different F18 as well)

anyway hows progress comming along with the other stuff FK also i noticed in your other pics you dont seem to use an animation pack I would recommend to use them it sorts out some of the distortion in the troops bodies

In regards to the AV-8, what kind of armament is it looking at? Will we be able to get the usual rockets and bombs with maybe a few smart weapons?

In regards to the AV-8, what kind of armament is it looking at? Will we be able to get the usual rockets and bombs with maybe a few smart weapons?

see this is one thing i dont get the dropping of bombs they say in the 2nd gulf war they dropped a 500lb bomb on a house and it destroyed it. . . . for crying outloud if you drop 500lb worth of fridges from a plane it will destroy the house anyway wont it biggrin_o.gif

A sad news. I will stop/ close SEF Addon Studio. But it isn´t a end at all. I will do something diffrent, but for Armed Assault. Some of the already showed preview units will be cancled or holded, not all.

If i far enough i wll release some futher information.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

say it´s just a joke... pleeeeease!

atleast finish the AV8...

OFP needs a good AV8

... and Marines, heh. They look awesome, just like other Semper Fi AS addons. And just like other ppl said: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO(...)OOOOOOOOOOOOO! crazy_o.gif

Any serious reason?

Again?!

Damn this USMC Mod curse banghead.gif

Anyways, great work while you guys existed notworthy.gif

oh damn, thats sad, but i don't blame you, you've worked your ass off for us. I hope you release those cool ass Marines, if not thats cool, break open a cold one and relax by the pool FK. biggrin_o.gif

A sad news. I will stop/ close SEF Addon Studio. But it isn´t a end at all. I will do something diffrent, but for Armed Assault. Some of the already showed preview units will be cancled or holded, not all.

If i far enough i wll release some futher information.

What about the abrams tanks?

sad to here you stop making marine addons wher realy looking forward to this

but i can uderstand that you guys got alot of privet life to so have fun and i see you for armas

(any chanse that the stuff you cant finich of will end up as open sorce?)

sorry for the bad english

well... we can always find comfort in that ArmA isnt far away... and MAYBE it can break this "USMC" curse...

to FischKopp id like to say...

Work well, Work hard and continue to give the OFP/ArmA community the best addons you are able to produce, and please, dont let hard words stop you.. there is a lot off ppl in this community that loves your work, im one of them.

there has been many good addons in the past, and im sure there will be many good addons in the future.

and even though im not a US armed forces "fan" i can easily say that this is withouth any doubt the best addons i have ever tried for OFP.

so, i wish you good luck with your future ArmA projects, and i hope that you will release more USMC addons for ArmA.

and again, dont take any notice of any hard words and take care of the nice words..

good luck FischKopp.

Thanks for your hard work, FK. Hope you come back for ArmA! smile_o.gif