Sign in to follow this  
FischKopp

Semper Fidelis

Quote[/b] ]Aren't 53's supposed to have a downward leaning main rotor? If its a game limitation on that issue then never mind.

Yep, they do. Check this video for proof.  smile_o.gif

No it doesnt , how it goes is when a helicopter turn his nose up and down , the main rotor itself is leaning up or down.and that is what you have seen in your video.He pulled his nose up too fast  , and the main rotor couldnt , so it sliced up his fuel rod. and making that in OFP is just another limitation.

OMG FK these are looking sooo great and I didnt even know that they had sling and fastrope scripts! I dont have any words that express how good they look! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]No it doesnt , how it goes is when a helicopter turn his nose up and down , the main rotor itself is leaning up or down.and that is what you have seen in your video.He pulled his nose up too fast , and the main rotor couldnt , so it sliced up his fuel rod. and making that in OFP is just another limitation.

Just a joke. wink_o.gif

No it doesnt , how it goes is when a helicopter turn his nose up and down , the main rotor itself is leaning up or down.and that is what you have seen in your video.He pulled his nose up too fast , and the main rotor couldnt , so it sliced up his fuel rod. and making that in OFP is just another limitation.

Actually it isn't, check out BIS Chinook for proof.

Unless he meant slicing off your own fuel rod is a limitation in OFP. tounge2.gif

Seriously I think having a variable main rotor is way too much work for such a small detail and is impracticle

Top stuff FK thumbs-up.gif

I cant wait for that PaveLow

No it doesnt , how it goes is when a helicopter turn his nose up and down , the main rotor itself is leaning up or down.and that is what you have seen in your video.He pulled his nose up too fast , and the main rotor couldnt , so it sliced up his fuel rod.

woo I bet whoever is in charge of them was pissed.

No it doesnt , how it goes is when a helicopter turn his nose up and down , the main rotor itself is leaning up or down.and that is what you have seen in your video.He pulled his nose up too fast  , and the main rotor couldnt , so it sliced up his fuel rod.

woo I bet whoever is in charge of them was pissed.

dunno about the US but over here in Australia the warrent officer reakons he owns the aircraft and the pilot is just borrowing it.

what a heck you are talking about?!

main rotor on every hellicopter moves up and down, right and left... main and tail rotor blades also are movable, but not up/down or left/right, but they turn with some angle...

in that vid, stallion is flying to fast to move his main rotor up or down slightly like at low speeds, because hellicopters aerodynamics balances it to the horizontal possition, and the refuel probe was cut off, because pilot hit joystick too fast and heli disbalanced, the rotor moved down and pilot was still holding joystick in same place, then he pulled it too much to retain lost altitude and front moved up, while main rotor was in turned down mode, so he cut his fuel probe...

it's as simple as it is...

and OFPs heli controls are acceptable...

just wait when i will show you all Pave Lows crazy flight in real... I knew that they are well equiped with new engines and etc., but i didn't knew they can fly like a fighter...  rofl.gif

the blades of a rotor are similiar to the wings on a aircraft but instead of a engine pulling the aircraft forward thrue the air to gain lift. The wings themselves rotate to gain lift. And when they have gained enough speed and therefor lift, the "wings" rotors will go up a bit just like the wings on a glider!

That must have spoiled the pilots day for sure!

I do wonder though how far the rotorblades could come down, they are really big on that type of helo.

On the discovery channel there was something about attack helicopters. And they mentioned that in most helicopters when you move the stick from all the way left to all the way right fast you have probally broken something in the aircraft!

Isnt that a nice thought! Doing insane uber movements in OFP! goodnight.gif

hehe, that was a program about the Commanche, saying that in most aircraft, you move the stick to one side in a sudden motion and you've probably broke something. It then went on to say that the Commanche had digital features that stopped you from breaking anything from sudden stick movements. smile_o.gif

Poor Commanche...  huh.gif

Anyway, back on topic.  tounge2.gif

yeah thats it! HAHAH rofl.gif

well if you consider that DKM have released their commanche a really long time ago and its still a very good addon for OFP!

[/th]

excuse me

Is it possible to add a Rear Gunner Slot on the Ch-53 ?

You can but it will be the only gun on the whole chopper becuase you can only add one proxy weapon on a vehicle (without a scripts [none have been made yet]), its a limitation in OFP

Heh, nice video, Gedis, but after spending the past week learning to fly choppers in FS2004... Not that special. The pilot is talented, though, no doubt of that.

Choppers are only aircraft, after all.

Anyways... Can't wait to get to fly those, FK!

Heh, nice video, Gedis, but after spending the past week learning to fly choppers in FS2004... Not that special. The pilot is talented, though, no doubt of that.

The M$ Flight Sim series is actually pretty poor at simulating helicopters. Its a LOT harder than how it is portrayed in M$ F$.

New units are indeed looking good fish, nice work! biggrin_o.gif

That particular maneuver is called a crossover. Basic Formation manuever, although it was pretty aggressive and looked badass for the troops on the ground.

Back on topic, looking forward to your helos, FK. I'm sure it' probably too late, but if you had an opportunity, the Marine -53Ds should be pouring black smoke out their tail pipes. Their nicknamed "Sh!tters" for a reason. wink_o.gif

wow Gedis, that is a sweet video!

and to FK, I've said it once and I'll say it again, looking great!

[offtopic]

plus tis cool how the marines are listening to Disturbed and thats my favorite band tounge2.gif (srry for offtopic but I had to mention it)

[/offtopic]

Hmm, its weekend now... =)

patients you jedi,

impatients will make you angry, anger will lead you to the dark side.

I feel that the force is strong with you, young FK!

may the force be with you smile_o.gif)

it's so funny... rofl.gif