Sign in to follow this  
DPS -CCCP-

Mi-26 "Halo" and soviet pilot pack relased

I don't know if you are talking about the vehicle on the hook (outside) or inside but if you want to paradrop vehicles from the outside (hook) then you pick up the vehicle like you normaly do and then start flying a paradrop option will appear on the action menu. It works for me.

Theres only one thing I don't like about this addon...its 1.96 version compatible only...which means for me anyway....helo piloting is not as good as it should be...ie ya can't move your head and look at anything.Can this addon be made compatible with 1.94 ?So we can drive choppers the way were supposed too before bis messed it up?

No, I'm talking inside the heli. Also I'm talking about having the AI pilot paradrop the vehicle as I rarely ever fly helis in missions. Normally I only use them as transport in missions.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Nice addon and lots of cool features! The handling is not that good (with mouse or even joystick). But that's maybe a problem of a chopper of this size (in OFP) and can't be improved (?).

Anyways, am I the onyl one who has problems with the sound of the tailrotor? For me it's interrupted and not really looped. crazy_o.gif

Greetz

Plage

Nice addon and lots of cool features! The handling is not that good (with mouse or even joystick). But that's maybe a problem of a chopper of this size (in OFP) and can't be improved (?).

Anyways, am I the onyl one who has problems with the sound of the tailrotor? For me it's interrupted and not really looped. crazy_o.gif

Greetz

Plage

I was about to bring that up too, seems the sound file isn't an ongoing sound of the tail rotor.

A truly great job!!! My OWP folder is getting bigger smile_o.gif

Although oddly can't seem to winch any of Footmunch's planes (IE MIG-23/27, A-6, F-14, etc), the BIS Su-25 dose work though...

Thank you so much OWP team for your hard work! xmas_o.gif

I just made a quick paradrop & secure the Resistance base with this helo and I'm impressed.  xmas_o.gif

This is a dream! It's so big you can fit like 4 squads in it wow_o.gif

Awesome chopper! Very well done biggrin_o.gif

6 total.

12 x 6 = 72 the helo can hold 76 the readme said?

lags like a bitch with 6 squads but looks cool none the less

BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT! BEST OFP ADDON EVER!

This opens up so many new dimensions, I could never have believed that transporting any car or APC would work so well. The model and textures are unprecedented, flawless, the pilots look real, the crashed wreck with all its finesses is great...My God.

It's one of the best addons ever - a compact well looking chopper with a lot of interactive features.

It functions perfectly with no slowdowns.

But there is one little bug with the sound: In backview you can hear a short (about 0,1 sec every loop) pause in rotation sound. But the inside sound is very good.

Since now I played a little bit with them and OFP crashed twice. Maybe there are too many scripts running and the model is to high poly for OFP. I am looking forward for first missions with these fantastic monster chopper! smile_o.gif

I just made a quick paradrop & secure the Resistance base with this helo and I'm impressed.  xmas_o.gif

This is a dream! It's so big you can fit like 4 squads in it wow_o.gif

Awesome chopper! Very well done biggrin_o.gif

6 total.

12 x 6 = 72 the helo can hold 76 the readme said?

lags like a bitch with 6 squads but looks cool none the less

Hey Pappy stop crying and buy a better PC tounge_o.gif

Really nice addon good work guys wink_o.gif

Thank your all for that sweet replys:)

So, it's have a slight problems with 3d sound on older soundcards and older computers (it's noticed in readme, in "known issues"). We test it on Audigy, SB Live and Ac97 and haven't much problems. But not forgot:

Quote[/b] ]

This addon consist of more than 10,000 polygons, hight number of textures and scripts.

This can slow-down game on slow computers.

This addon is developed and tested on 1.96 version of OFP. Because there, very hard to find a man who still using 1.94smile_o.gif

Is this any problem to install 1.96?

2blackdog. Thanx for mirroring, i'm gone to edit my first message.

crazy_o.gif

I just got hit with a missile while being the gunner on this thing (I was so bussy looking at the beautifull cockpit that I forgot to launch some flares). The tail-rotor was nocked out and the chopper went down.

And when it almost hit the water I got this nice message onscreen saying "ooops smile_o.gif". Very 'nice' feature guys mad_o.gifwink_o.gif

@ Dec. 29 2004,12:15)]So, it's have a slight problems with 3d sound on older soundcards and older computers (it's noticed in readme, in "known issues"). We test it on Audigy, SB Live and Ac97 and haven't much problems.

I have an Audigy + 1GB RAM + 3.2Ghz myself and still expirience the desyncronisation. I think its more a problem of how you realised it (looping script + vehicleX say soundX) than the sound-hardware.

ATM i'm trying out a different aproach to realise the same feature, i'll let you know when i have any positive results  smile_o.gif .

I like the paratroop script, simply awesome. smile_o.gif BIG RESPECT TO NASHE ORUZHIE, THANK YOU ...COMRADES biggrin_o.gif

I'll ask again, does anybody understand the readme directions for getting the AI pilots to paradrop a vehicle?  

Here's what it says:

_

-You can paradrop vehicle, when you get altitude of 70m.

To embark vehicle without player's action, type:

[chopper_name,vehicle_name,time] exec "\OWP_MI26\scripts\vgr\moveincargo.sqs"

To force vehicle paradrop, give state "true" for variable "cargo_paradrop_in", so, it's look like that:

cargo_paradrop_in = true

-

Ok the first part I understand but the second part with the "cargo_paradrop_in = true" I don't.  Does that use a game logic?  If so how is it activated?   My goal is simply to have the helicopter paradrop a vehicle using a trigger so that it will drop the vehicle in support of paratroopers on the ground.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Aside from that I think this addon is beautiful (textures look photorealistic).  I'm just happy that the AI pilots can land well with it ( a problem in past Mi-26 addons).    

Also by the way I also have that rear rotor sound bug.  I don't think that it's a game engine bug.  I believe its a problem with the sample not being properly looped.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I'll ask again, does anybody understand the readme directions for getting the AI pilots to paradrop a vehicle?  

From where you want to eject vehicle? From Mi-26T interrior or you want unhook it from Mi-26TM?

@ Dec. 29 2004,12:15)]

Thank your all for that sweet replys:)

So, it's have a slight problems with 3d sound on older soundcards and older computers (it's noticed in readme, in "known issues"). We test it on Audigy, SB Live and Ac97 and haven't much problems. But not forgot:

Quote[/b] ]

This addon consist of more than 10,000 polygons, hight number of textures and scripts.

This can slow-down game on slow computers.

This addon is developed and tested on 1.96 version of OFP. Because there, very hard to find a man who still using 1.94smile_o.gif

Is this any problem to install 1.96?

2blackdog. Thanx for mirroring, i'm gone to edit my first message.

The reason I still use 1.94..and so does everyone I know that plays flashpoint,is because we like to fly the helo's...1.95 and up canceled the "free look" in the cockpit...so when we're flyin..its on 1.94 not 1.96.In anything else it really doesn't matter as it doesn't seem to be a problem..only the helos.So if your NOT really into flying helo's, most probably wouldn't notice it,but as a pilot its a "must" to be able to track your target by eye and not have the elastic band wrapped around your neck. tounge_o.gif

From the interior.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Ok. Here sample tutorial.

Load desert island in editor.

Make any unit, that u want play (civilian man for exemple)

Place at ground BMP. Type name "BMP".

Place at ground Mi-26T (cargo). Type name "Mi".

Make waypont for Mi-26, in any place where you wish.

Type in BMP init:

Quote[/b] ][Mi,BMP,0] exec "\OWP_MI26\scripts\vgr\moveincargo.sqs"

Make trigger, activated by "Alpha". Type in trigger in "On cativation":

Quote[/b] ]cargo_paradrop_in = true

Run preview.

Wait, until helicopter take off.

Press 0-0-1.

Enjoy.

Of course u can change condition "activation by Alpha" to any other condition.

1.95 and up canceled the "free look" in the cockpit...

I can't understand.

You can hold "alt" and look around. Or press "*" on numpad, and you can look freely at any direction with your mouse. I was chek it 5 mins ago.

@ Dec. 29 2004,11:25)]
1.95 and up canceled the "free look" in the cockpit...

I can't understand.

You can hold "alt" and look around. Or press "*" on numpad, and you can look freely at any direction with your mouse. I was chek it 5 mins ago.

When I fly I use my keyboard or joystick to control the direction of movement and use the mouse to use the "*" free-look. Works well, especially since I don't fly in 3rd person.

But theres no problems with free look from 1-st person and 3-rd person views in 1.96!