Sign in to follow this  
DPS -CCCP-

Mi-26 "Halo" and soviet pilot pack relased

BlackScorpion

This is dxdll and llaumax sky. Photos was maked in 1600x1200 resolution and then resized to 800x600.

But in game without any improvments looks much better that on screens- specularity hightlights is wery cool.

because "26" is awsome! ;)

sorry for asking that question, in your demo mission, that realy rocks "Superiority" i saw, tah Halos droped flares...

If someone want to play this addon in MP - join us at ofp.istel.ru - ours game server!

Gedis, i'm answerd to your question on top. That was bug in readme. Script is working:)

it's an impressive work DPS.

to my question above: how are your soviet generals doing?

Tomislav, generals are going bad. I don't want to have any work with "live" units in OFP (it's just not my profile:)) Maybe we continue work on this project (soviet officers pack) when we have cooperation with advanced unit-maker, like Laser, for example:)

Awesome work!

I'll test it in MP as soon as possible! smile_o.gif

Amazing! I just tried one of the missions, and it's wonderful, very nice introduction and voices, all my three thumbs up to you! smile_o.gif

@ Mar. 09 2005,22:46)]Tomislav, generals are going bad. I don't want to have any work with "live" units in OFP (it's just not my profile:)) Maybe we continue work on this project (soviet officers pack) when we have cooperation with advanced unit-maker, like Laser, for example:)

ok, that's sad, but good to know that, thanks tounge_o.gif

Well the improvements seem quite good, from the APS fire rate to the cfg materials shine stuff, it looks impressive to see the sun reflection in low light time of day.

In Mi26_board13 mission when the cutscene on 3rd flight comes the helicopter crashed and i got stuck, i will retry it later and the other missions too, nice to have russian speaking characters maning russian gear in these missions, very nice smile_o.gif .

edit: superiority intro is awsome wow_o.gif , it dropped me to 15 fps but still, i think i will really like playing this mission alot!

Hi CCCP,

Great addon as always!

I asked some time ago that a globalVariable be introduced into the start of any future cargo scripts so that I could disable the Mi26s ability to sling/load certain vehicle types for in-game balancing issues within a CTI context.

However, I see instead that the following has been changed within the two main cargo loading scripts "control_cargo_in/out.sqs":

? ("owp_mi26_cargo_attach" in magazines _mi26):exit

? ("owp_mi26_cargo_find" in magazines _mi26):exit

Although this is not specifically what I desired is it possible to DISABLE the included addon cargo scripts via removing these magazines from the helo upon creation.  In this way I can then adapt your scripts within the map (as opposed to within the addon which I cannot edit/touch) to restrict a certain Mi26s lift capabilites in-game (again primarily for CTI).

Please help me in this regard or consider this point for (again) future releases to allow scripters better control of balance/fairness/Mi26 lift capabilities in a particular mission.

I love these choppers.  They are integral to the map I'm making and I have halted scripted in anticipation of this release so I really need a work-around to this problem.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

P.S. This is NOT a criticism/sledge/protest of any sort which it was mistaken for by some people previously who are too lazy to read a whole post. This is simply a request for help with a work-around for a particular application of this addon.

Im not understand - about what restrictions u talking about? Tanks fore examples restricted allready, objects too. I don't understand where is problem:)

My apologises DPS I should have given an example.

--------------------

Example 1:

?("APC" countType [_nearcargo] != 0): goto "attach_action"

This would allow the East side in a CTI to use thier Mi26 to cargo sling the West sides MHQ which is an M2A2 and falls under the APC class.

Example 2:

?("Car" countType [_nearcargo] != 0): goto "attach_action"

Again, this does not allow the segregation of Mi26 lifting only East vehicles.  Any West vehicle that falls under the CAR class can be lifted by the Mi26 in a CTI.

------------------

CCCP couldn't possible be expected to concieve every possible scenario that this Mi26 will be used in.  However, in a CTI or at least in the one I'm building it is far more useful to:

1) terminate/halt the inherent addon scripts

2) copy them to the mission folder

3) edit them slightly for CTI compatibility

4) init them when the Mi26 is built

An example of such a compatibility clause in a 'copied script that I currently have is this:

---------------------

Example 3:

#checkCargo

?(typeOf _cargo == "MFCTI116WestMobileHQ") && (westCommanderOnlyMHQ):_CH vehicleChat "West Mobile HQ Commander Only MHQ Driver ENABLED, cargo sling aborted!";goto "slingAborted"

?(typeOf _cargo == "MFCTI116EastMobileHQ") && (eastCommanderOnlyMHQ):_CH vehicleChat "East Mobile HQ Commander Only MHQ Driver ENABLED, cargo sling aborted!";goto "slingAborted"

---------------------

Note: If the "MHQ Driver only" option is ON in a CTI it will severely inhibit the use of the Mi26 in lifting that MHQ as the MHQ is prevented from being moved/driven by another inherent CTI setPos script in all/most CTI missions.

--------------------

Example 4:

?(_side == east):goto "EastCargoCheck"

#WestCargoCheck

_cargo= nearestObject [_CH, "BAS_klr250wood"]

? (getPos _CHz select 2) < 20 && (getPos _CHz select 2) > 7 && abs(speed _CH) < 10 && (_cargo distance _CH) < _dd && (_cargo != _CH) : _cargoDesc = unitDescriptions select KLR250Type;goto "checkCargo"

-------------------

This is yet another clause I've inlcuded in a script I copied from the addon pbo.  This clause snippet and surrounding snippets will:

1) Allow your superior scripts and included ropes to be used with the BAS MH47E in a the CTI I'm making.  This therefore allows both cargo helos from each side to use/init the 'same' script.

2) Prevent West cargo helos lifting East Vehicles and vice-versa.

3) Allows a sourced & detailed description from the CTI's "Stat.sqs" of the vehicle about to be lifted as opposed to the addon name which can look ugly at times.

e.g. "wood_hmmwv_m19wS" -> "M1025 HMMWV (MK.19,with Shield)"

IN SUMMARY:

Your scripts and your addons are excellent!  But in a CTI mission the added functionality provided by these scripts conflicts with inherent CTI mission properties as I described above.  

For most if not all missions they work great!  But they prevent customization as the do not have a single line of script that searches whether a particular globalVariable is ON/OFF therefore exiting the script and allowing a slightly 'modified' version of the script within the mission (not your addon) to run instead.

SUMMARIZIED QUESTION

Can I exit your internal cargo scripts (in/out) by simply removing the "owp_mi26_cargo_attach/find" magazines from the Mi26s when they are created in game ?

If so then great.  This means I can:

1) Remove mags that allow your internal scripts to run

2) Submit the helo to a 'modified' version of your script within my mission to overcome some the obstacles mentioned above

3) No problem smile_o.gif

If not then:

1) Players can circumvent the restrictions I wish to put on their Mi26 lift capabilities by accessing your auto-loaded  and internal scripts

2) I cannot use the scripts properly with the BAS MH47E

P.S. I am more than willing also to post my script sets for use specifically with your Mi26s, and what I believe to their counterpart the BAS MH47E, for use in a CTI mission if you can help me find a way.

-------------

I want to stress that this is a great addon and in NO WAY am I criticizing it.  Just trying to use it in a what seems to be be unconcieved application.

I'm forward your question to our scripter Voyager (I'm not best in scripts)

first off, the patch didnt work for me... got a "acces denied" halfway through the patching..

is it becouse i use the MI26 in a mod folder?

(dont worry, ill simply solve it be downloading the full pack)

the_shadow

Are you shure that u turn-off your OFP before patching?

mad rabbit

I have recived answer from Voyager about you question:

Quote[/b] ]

SUMMARIZIED QUESTION

Can I exit your internal cargo scripts (in/out) by simply removing the "owp_mi26_cargo_attach/find" magazines from the Mi26s when they are created in game ?

Answer:

Quote[/b] ]

You can disable internal cargo script by adding magazine "owp_mi26_cargo_attach"

in beginning

It worked fine for me, be sure to get the path to instalation (addon) right. I cant believe so many peeps complain about lack of good missions and these are sitting right here with great scripting, custom sounds and voice acting. I cant help to feel that there must be a good amount of russian missions out there that we dont get to enjoy due to translation dificulties sad_o.gif . Thanks one more time DPS and team smile_o.gif .

Again I have to give my fullest admiration! Today I tried the mission where you have to escape from the downed Mi-26, and I really liked it! It's not just an average mission, it has a really good quality and originality IMO, though it sounds rather simple.

I really like that you can climb the ladder up on the downed version, that was a nice find (though it's a bit unstable up there). Also the details on the wreck are wonderful!

All in all: As well the addon as the missions with custom voices, amazing intros and outros and custom music are TOP NOTCH! I hope to see more of your talented team soon!

@ Mar. 10 2005,21:02)]the_shadow

Are you shure that u turn-off your OFP before patching?

extremely sure

worked with downloading the whole pack and removing the old ;)

thank you guys for making this helicopter!

all the new options are great work...

Best detailed looking helo aswell, the cockpit is insane.. elite work thank you guys!

smile_o.gif

WOOHOO! Excellent thanks CCCP.

I'm looking forward to incorporating these Mi26s for some serious CTI action.

biggrin_o.gif

Hey DPS brat (formerly from DRF MOD)  says you could ask him to help you finish your Soviet Generals.  smile_o.gif