Sign in to follow this  
DPS -CCCP-

Mi-26 "Halo" and soviet pilot pack relased

from a guy in the ofp.inf forums:

Quote[/b] ] Found a bug with this addon already , was just playing with it , to make sure machine gunners attacked it, & they do , I was pilot flying , got damaged & had a small roter failer , then my co - pilot ejected , eventually as they kept shooting me the dammage bar went right down , the on board computer said we are falling all eject , but infact we wasnt falling we was going up instead of down , damage on full , rotor had stopped turning , we was just floating upwards, I speeded up the time just to be sure , we started at around 50ft , we fell 'upwards blink.gif to 4000ft & was still climbing wacko.gif

shame cus this looks such a good addon . . lets hope this is just a one off eh . .

could anyone hand me the Paradrop script, i want to use it with other planes/choppers smile_o.gif

it´s one of the better paradrop scripts ive found this far smile_o.gif

I hope that if any more great missions like these are made in the future, Our Weapons will release english versions too, so we can all enjoy them, that would be great smile_o.gif .

I hope that if any more great missions like these are made in the future, Our Weapons will release english versions too, so we can all enjoy them, that would be great smile_o.gif .

They are in English for me ?! (Well he's right, not all of it)

Heatseeker

They all have both of english and russian briefings, overview and stringable. I don't know why you don't have it... possible that you using non-english version of OFP... But its must work because english is default...

from a guy in the ofp.inf forums:
Quote[/b] ] Found a bug with this addon already , was just playing with it , to make sure machine gunners attacked it, & they do , I was pilot flying , got damaged & had a small roter failer , then my co - pilot ejected , eventually as they kept shooting me the dammage bar went right down , the on board computer said we are falling all eject , but infact we wasnt falling we was going up instead of down , damage on full , rotor had stopped turning , we was just floating upwards, I speeded up the time just to be sure , we started at around 50ft , we fell 'upwards blink.gif to 4000ft & was still climbing wacko.gif

shame cus this looks such a good addon . . lets hope this is just a one off eh . .

rock.gif

no need to make it 100% correct, but i thought maybe that problem could be solved, i only wanted to be sure you read it, did not know if it is an engine-limitation or just an unknown bug

btw. did you get my pm i send you?

@ Mar. 11 2005,17:41)]Heatseeker

They all have both of english and russian briefings, overview and stringable. I don't know why you don't have it... possible that you using non-english version of OFP... But its must work because english is default...

My post was misread, thanks Hardrock blues.gif .

What i meant was if any other great missions made by these mission makers using this great helo are made (in the future) it would be great to have them released in english has well.

These work fine. I think i cant be more specific than this tounge_o.gif .

Because OPF lacks good missions, and there may be some great missions out there that we dont get to know and play because of language dificulties rock.gif .

This addon has to be at the top 5 best ever made by OFP community. Very talented and dedicated makers. Thanks guys. I always wonder about how addon makers choose their projects. Seems like many units are being created over and over again ( I am not talking about Mi-26). I wish these talented ppl would spend their time on units that we don't have yet. For example Ka helicopters. I have seen Ka-50 ( and variants ) but never Ka-60 or even Ka-27 in OFP. I read a book by Kozlov ( former Spetsnasz officer ) and he was saying that Spetsnasz would definately preffer using Ka-27s over Mi-8 or Mi-17 in Afganistan. In OFP we already have Russian Naval Spetsnasz, it will be very appropriate to use Naval Ka-27 to drop those guys behind enemy lines. There are tons of Russian hardware that can surely be used in this game, but everyone is too busy making T-72's and Mi-24's.

Sorry you remind you there are at least four nice detailed K60s floating around now on the verge of release.  Most are held back to to not quite completed or due to player demands now all most share this level of quality.   Thus further delay them being released.  Rather most annoying when one tends to moan about stuff inother threads rather bother spending the time to mention in their correct threads. =P

As for this, seems every d-load I tried is saying unexepected end of archive.. Is there and undamaged versionof the update?

Very glad to hear that. I would rather wait for a good quality addons like this Mi-26. Thanks Bobcatt.

Seek images of the betas in combt photos of the other kamov varianets choppers, including KA60 52 and 26 I posted.  

now lets see if this download works.

Damn, rar is currupted as well, was new verssion of RAR released?

Sorry wrong thread go find it for the KA60 please get back to topic on Mi26 thank you?

Thanx all to sweet words!;)

Bobcatt666

I have 3.30 version. and I'll cheked all archive twice, try to d\l it from other mirrors, like OFP.info smile_o.gif

I think this quality addon shows that there is a severe need for the production of more Russian Military vehicles, equipment and units. Good work again CCCP.

Sorry to dig up this thread, but Ive been playing around with the Halo a lot lately and Ive noticed that its damn near impossible to get it to fly straight with a joystick, it just sways back forth or banks into a real sharp turn on its own. Yes I know that helicopters arent easy to fly in real life, but this is more difficult to fly than any flight simulators ive played.  Im not sure if its because the ofp engine cant handle the physics for a helo this size, or ifs optimized for mouse and keyboard, but either way its frustrating and not very fun trying to fly this with a joystick.

I know a lot of you others like to fly choppers with your joystick, am I the only one having this problem?

I don't remember encountering anything like that...

Me neither

i do mouse tounge_o.gif and keyboard so i haven't encountered any problems, yeah all i can say its a big birdie biggrin_o.gif