Sign in to follow this  
DPS -CCCP-

Mi-26 "Halo" and soviet pilot pack relased

We've to define Christmas for 28th december now....all those great addons at one day smile_o.gif

Great pic Lee, great addon Our Weapons project!

wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif

WHOOOOOOT!!!

It's late where I am and I really should go to bed, but first I just have to DL this addon and put it to the test. This is great!!!!!!

Thanks guys!!! xmas_o.gif

I agree with the others, this is a staggeringly good model of a helicopter. Only problem I've had is persuading it to do a run-on landing; no matter how long I press the 'Z' key, she'll just float a few feet above the deck. That undercarriage was just made for thumping her down at 40+ knots on Desert Island...

The ability to load, transport and unload vehicles as well as troops is superbly implemented. biggrin_o.gif

I agree with the others, this is a staggeringly good model of a helicopter.  Only problem I've had is persuading it to do a run-on landing; no matter how long I press the 'Z' key, she'll just float a few feet above the deck.  That undercarriage was just made for thumping her down at 40+ knots on Desert Island...

The ability to load, transport and unload vehicles as well as troops is superbly implemented.  biggrin_o.gif

I think that's actually an engine issue and not something that is caused by the addon. But I can be wrong.

I couldn't download this fast enough when I saw it was finally released. Just yesterday I was looking through my old downloads and saw the demo video you released of it and though "I wonder whatever happened to that." so it was a big surpise to see it.

This really is an excellent addon and so useful, because you can transport anything with it. I love the animations the crew do when they start the engines up, open the windows etc and the models of the crew themselves are equally brilliant.

Quote[/b] ]I think that's actually an engine issue and not something that is caused by the addon.

Ah, thanks Capt Frostbite - now that you mention it, that'll be why I can't practice my 2-wheel taxi in the Chinook. As usual, I suspect you're quite right.

@ Dec. 28 2004,17:37)]
great addon ORCS!

Why ORCS???

cuz we forget whose who tounge_o.gif i did the same thing in the Y2K3 credits. would be easier if one of you made shit and the other made great addons but since you both make the same quality addons its hard to tell you apart tounge_o.gif

ill be honest i have no real use for heli-zilla here... but it does look nice and the actionless cargo is awesome... but the wrecked version with all the features.. including bullet proof cover (for shoot outs), the lil cubby hole in the back above the loading ramp that u cna crawl in.. the ladder to climb on top.. really awesome. so for that it stays smile_o.gif cuz i can always use some good cover for shoot outs

@ Dec. 28 2004,23:37)]
great addon ORCS!

Why ORCS???

Che za nah?

I'm sorry.... I've really forgot whose who :P

Very nice! Beautiful beast of a chopper!

For the transport script, did you do a search through all vehicles in the database, and look for the one in a certain X,Y area under the helo?   If so, I was wondering if I can use some features of this script in my LCAC? Bbl

Just tried it out (very shortly).

in one word;

AWESOME!!!

Even the AI can handle this big bird very well (doens't really overshoot the landingzone by too far). Not unimportant.

Awesome model with extremely nice interiour. Awsome crashed model and splashed model. The crashed model is extremely nice and has a very nice hiding place in the tail. Extremely nice to see it.

This bird just screams to you to put something next to it just to show you how huge it's actually is. Testing it on desert island with no other vehicles around just won't show you the entire picture.

Awesome addon!

But what should not be left unnoticed is the pilot pack. All the attention goes to the chopper, but the pilots are also extremely nice. And this pack also packed the nicest suprice of them all; the weapon sights of the pistol. Extremely nice and very realistic texture showing the hands aswell. This very 'little' thing adds very much to the pilot-addon.

Quote[/b] ]I think that's actually an engine issue and not something that is caused by the addon.

Ah, thanks Capt Frostbite - now that you mention it, that'll be why I can't practice my 2-wheel taxi in the Chinook.  As usual, I suspect you're quite right.

I'll make a new post for this one.

It's normal (and part of the OFP engine) that you can't really touch the ground when you still have to much speed to make save landing (preventing you from making a roll-on landing).

So the answer to your question is indeed the ofp-engine.

But what isen't normal (or something caused by the engine) is that you can't touch down when not moving at all;

I used auto-hover and tried to touch down. The result was that the nose wheel hit the ground, but that the rear wheels kept hovering. It's just wouldn't land. When not using auto-hover it's actually very difficult to land. For an actual landing you need to turn the engine off.

I'm not sure what causes this and it's a very strange 'bug'. Note that is not an issue for the AI which lands the bird just fine.

Ah, thanks Capt Frostbite - now that you mention it, that'll be why I can't practice my 2-wheel taxi in the Chinook.  As usual, I suspect you're quite right.

distance.gif

Any more questions ?smile_o.gif

I got around to playing around with it and I am speakless. The scripts are amazing, the animations are a great touch, sounds are sweet, textures and model and also amazing. I love this chopper. It's got so many small and cool features. Thats what makes it great. The handling is a bit sluggish but Im guessing that's how the chopper behaves. REALLY GREAT WORK!

@ Dec. 29 2004,00:37)]

img]http://ofp.ussr-online.net/nasheorujie/Images/distance.gif[/img]

Any more questions ?smile_o.gif

yup, I figured that one out on my own, but it still means we can't properly land this thing in OFP. It's not a very big deal, but if it can be fixed that would be nice

just to let u guys know that i share the same opinions here.

this addon is from such a good taste, that any best expectation i could have about it wasnt enough.

recently i made an atempt of an addon so i can (can i??) imagine the dedication,know how, patience, hours of tests involved here for a result of this caliber... the best choper for ofp from now on. at least for me and some hundreds wink_o.gif

keep the good work , and dont stop feeding the masses with such addons. we apreciate, and thank you again for this precious. some more hundreds of fun playing ofp garanteed! smile_o.gif

I just made a quick paradrop & secure the Resistance base with this helo and I'm impressed. xmas_o.gif

This is a dream! It's so big you can fit like 4 squads in it wow_o.gif

Awesome chopper! Very well done biggrin_o.gif

just gave the chopper a spin a few mins ago and it was lovely smile_o.gif

i even managed to break the safe speed limit when transporting a ural truck inside the chopper and i got blown up tounge_o.gif

The textures , the details , the pilots where really good looking too

i wonder if you guys are the russian version of BAS team biggrin_o.gif

because everything you touch becomes gold xmas_o.gif

I always thought the east needed a counter part to the chinook and i saw your video and started to dream smile_o.gif

btw in the readme you say that some of the Fx are not visible when playing in MP, does it mean that the cargo scripts and stuff don't work or is it some other stuff that you mean?

i played everon transport 2 wich is a chopper mission and got inspired to make a coop where players will fly some light tanks , trucks and troops between some islands smile_o.gif

This is just awesome, it is certainly one of the best helicopter addon i ever used in OFP .

Ah, the pilots animation when they start the engine, ah the damaged texture when you crash this monster... all is great.

Really one of the finest addon i seen.

Thank you for releasing it icon14.gif

Um... the instructions in the readme are a little confusing concerning the vehicle paradrop function. Can anyone tell me where the script goes? In the unit's init box? In a waypoint? in a trigger? Can someone give a full example of what the full script would look like? I got the part for putting the vehicle into the helicopter ok...just not the script to make it paradrop the vehicle.

Thanks,

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>