Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

OFP Animation Sharing Center

Brothers in arms! smile_o.gif

Is it possible to replace default BIS animations with this perfect one pack? Please post some instructions... rock.gif

Sanctuary nice work on the animation pack,what every other pack lacked were good transitional animations so it's refreshing to see this part worked out.

Here is my curiosity.How feaseble is making weapon holding animations for different type of weapons.You would have to change the hands model I would imagine and it would be quite some work,so I can't ask you if you would do it but have you fought of it as I think it would be a great oportunity for a cooperation of different animators and config makers such as EECP.To further explain what I ment here are examples from Invasion 44 mod.

Kar98

Thompson

Sten

Some questions I'm relaying from VBS1 forum member Stewy:

Quote[/b] ]

Can someone pass on my suggestions to Sanctuary?

Quote[/b] ] @ Sanctuary - Mate the Anims are a masterpiece - I love the transition from standing to crouched position, and the way that the soldiers take an agressive stance when they're standing!  

Can I make one suggestion, though - a big problem with VBS is that now that there's all these whizz-bang sights being added to rifles - is it possible for the soldier's head to be tilted back a touch when firing? I know that's a tall order, but it's frustrating how the little things stand out - and when my Aussie Recce guys have a Steyr sight wedged half way up their skull, it can get a little irksome...

Is there anyway the eye relief can be tweaked so that the guy is looking through the sights in various positions? And not 2 inches below?

...and part 2...

Quote[/b] ]Sorry mate, while I'm on a roll - I promise I'll shut up after this - when the guys are using pistols from the crouch position - they hold it very low - is it easy to raise it up so that when they're crouched, they're holding the pistol right up to take a good sight picture, and not down near their belly?

I noticed that the standing position does this really well, they're holding the pistol right up, getting ready to ruin someone's day - but the crouching position has always been a bit 'iffy'

I promise that's the last - I'm sorry for sounding negative, I'm really meaning that your Anims are 99.999999999999% perfect - they really are!

I also want to thank you for your great work with the animations!

Here my question:

Is it possible to change the look and speed of run, sprint and strafe of unarmed/ pistol armed persons.

This would have a major impact on gameplay. Pistol armed units would for the first time have a chance in CQB.

The way it is now (get a rifle to run faster or you will get shot, especially uphill because you can only walk) is one of the last remaining things in the game I would like to see changed!

Hope it is possible to make?!

Would be cool to see! (for me another milestone in OFP)

Hi Sanctuary,

I really appreciate your work ! Thanks for what you've done so far. Just one thing you may want to correct, and then your pack may be close to perfect: when going from crouching to jogging, the transition "jumps" a bit.

Another question: can you change the running speed of an unarmed man in a future pack ? Cause it seems unrealistic that a soldier with full equipment can run faster than a man not carrying anything.

Thanks anyway !

Quote[/b] ]Another question: can you change the running speed of an unarmed man in a future pack ? Cause it seems unrealistic that a soldier with full equipment can run faster than a man not carrying anything.

Well that is part of what I wanted to say. So I am not the only one being annoyed about this!

xmas_o.gif

Thanks for your feedback everyone, even if i will not release anything for some time now that my free time is less extensive that it was unfortunately, i took note for when i will tweak everything and add some more in the future

Is it possible to replace default BIS animations with this perfect one pack?

Yes that is why the pack is there : to replace the BIS animations, just read the readme.txt i included in the archive to install, i tried to explain in detail for even the beginners in OFP.

Here is my curiosity.How feaseble is making weapon holding animations for different type of weapons

I think it can be done, BIS already made 3 different types of weapon holding animation : primary weapon (m16,AK74...), secondary weapon (handgun) and launchers (LAW, RPG...)

But to add new kind of animations for specific guns, it should be first a config work i guess (as every animations must be defined by classes in the config).

And after that remember that from a static animation, you need to create an interpolation between the 3 stances, (stand, crouch, prone) and for each of those stances you must create specific binocular, reloading etc... that take care of the specific weapon handling to have something smooth.

If you have tried to launch OFPAnim and try to create a single interpolation animation, maybe you will have a better picture on what kind of real hell it is with the limitations of OFPAnim if you must multiply this by every new kind of gun specific animations.

Maybe possible with a professional program but very very very long and difficult with the OFPAnim limitations unfortunately.

Can I make one suggestion, though - a big problem with VBS is that now that there's all these whizz-bang sights being added to rifles - is it possible for the soldier's head to be tilted back a touch when firing? I know that's a tall order, but it's frustrating how the little things stand out - and when my Aussie Recce guys have a Steyr sight wedged half way up their skull, it can get a little irksome...

Is there anyway the eye relief can be tweaked so that the guy is looking through the sights in various positions? And not 2 inches below?

I built my animations with the problem of weapons scopes entering into the soldier skull in mind, that is why i put the weapon a bit farther than they were in most of all the replacement animations.

But, despite that here is the big difficulty that make this not possible : different weapon model and grips, different soldier models.

I take some examples to explain what i mean .

If i use the Marine Assault Pack soldier and a M249 , the sight is at the good location , just at the eye, the bipods are even exactly on the ground when going prone.

If i use a BIS soldier and , by example Kabal FnFal scoped , the scope will be too high.

If i use ORCS soldiers with the ORCS SVD , the scope end in the soldier skull (even if i put it already farther, correcting this for the ORCS SVD weapon would lead into having the weapon a lot too far for most of every other weapons)

I don't know how are made all the VBS1 weapons and different soldier models, but i think it is impossible to create an animation that look the same when all the soldier's model and weapon's models are built so differently, with grips not at the same place.

Now, if i take whatever soldier with an Earl M16-like weapon (for the length), the hands should be at the right place. But if i take another weapon that is not built with the good size, one of the hand could go through the magazine.

That is very frustrating for me when i think an aiming animation is perfect for a gun and i notice for another soldier or gun, that is not good.

The only solution would be certainly like the answer to quicKsanD different animations by models, but would require too much very long and difficult work in OFPAnim that i would not have the time to do it in my free time without having to leave my social life behind wink_o.gif .

At least for VBS1 , if every soldiers and weapons models are built on the exact same "harmony" , unlike all the different OFP models, something can be done for your VBS1.

But as i don't own this product it would require someone owning it to edit my animations specifically for VBS1, so if none has even learned how to use OFPAnim, in my signature there is a link to the tutorial that teached me all about OFPAnim, it is available in english, german and french

Sorry mate, while I'm on a roll - I promise I'll shut up after this - when the guys are using pistols from the crouch position - they hold it very low - is it easy to raise it up so that when they're crouched, they're holding the pistol right up to take a good sight picture, and not down near their belly?

I noticed that the standing position does this really well, they're holding the pistol right up, getting ready to ruin someone's day - but the crouching position has always been a bit 'iffy'

I did not replaced any pistol animations, they are all BIS default with the same bad crouching aiming (or VBS1 default ones, i don't know how they look in VBS1).

But unfortunately on OFP, the pistol animations are not in the Anim.pbo , and without a modification of the config.bin they have to be put in the O.pbo (and i don't know the equivalence for your VBS1 sorry) . Maybe some animations i will do in the future, but i am not there yet.

In the meanwhile i point out that Dreamy Knight created some good pistol animations, maybe it is possible to adapt them for VBS1 by someone who know how to.

Here my question:

Is it possible to change the look and speed of run, sprint and strafe of unarmed/ pistol armed persons.

This would have a major impact on gameplay. Pistol armed units would for the first time have a chance in CQB.

Yes i think it is possible, but you must modifiy the information related to the every handgun animations in the config (as the duration of each animations are defined in every animation class definition).

I never looked into that, but for some config experts (you should suggest it to the ECP team) i guess that is possible and is a very good idea for more realism.

when going from crouching to jogging, the transition "jumps" a bit.

Yes i noticed that

Actually, i spent a lot of time to try to tweak this animation but it ended on what you are seeing now.

It was a lot worse and was jumping more before i tweaked it though.

I am not sure what i can do to correct this more than i did it for the pack you are actually using, sorry.

Another question: can you change the running speed of an unarmed man in a future pack ? Cause it seems unrealistic that a soldier with full equipment can run faster than a man not carrying anything.

See my answer to Spy17, i think it is a config work.

Very nice, i dont know if it would be possible to lower the position of the law/rpg when in the back or improve the position of rifle in back when holding pistols (i think dreamy knights original's fixed those, cant remember rock.gif ).

Thanks much Sanctuary and Dreamy Knight smile_o.gif .

right so at about ohh err 1 pm today i downloaded your pack from Ofp.info, and yes there were some things that were good and some that were bad for example .

the hand grip bug( hand going through the pistol grip)

being able to see through the *net of the weapons, (see its insides)

are these both updated in the one on OFp.info now,

oh and how do i add animations from other packs to one Anim. file. do i un PBO it or something??

Very nice, i dont know if it would be possible to lower the position of the law/rpg when in the back or improve the position of rifle in back when holding pistols .

Will certainly do this when i will update my pack in the future

the hand grip bug( hand going through the pistol grip)

being able to see through the *net of the weapons, (see its insides)

I never changed the pistol animation, but if you are talking of the rifle , just read previous posts on previous pages.

For your second problem, i already placed the weapon more far in purpose to allow people to use the badly sized weapons without encountering that problem, but i will not place it more far as i don't want to give a weird feeling to the normal sized weapons i play with.

how do i add animations from other packs to one Anim. file. do i un PBO it or something??

Yes un-pbo, replace animation file and re-pbo.

You can find the good utilities to do that there

thanks for the feedback.  great tips there.

however im having problems again crazy_o.gifsad_o.gif i did what you said, unpack, replace, repack i played the game and the stand ready position was exactly the same ... the updates arent playable.., its soo anoying, does it make a dfference if my Anim.pbo file is a wordpad format one?

Quote[/b] ]its soo anoying, does it make a dfference if my Anim.pbo file is a wordpad format one?

as you said it is still in (Anim).pbo format. if it were in .txt it would be a problem.

it just opens in worpad because you wanted to open it once (a pbo file) and checked the box: always open with this program. windows will always open it with wordpad now.

you could change that by a right click on a .pbo file -> properties.

there you will find the option OPEN WITH. there you can change it.

--- Some news from the front ---

You liked my animation pack ?

Well, the less i can say is :

Prepare yourself for the next week and maybe sooner â„¢ because believe me : you will drop the version 1.3 in the trashcan and delete it from your hard drive .

Because the version 1.4 i am working on since some days (i can't count the hours actually) has already very vastly superior , less robotics, interpolations and very better body positions.

If you liked version 1.3, you will fall in love with version 1.4 when it will be released wink_o.gif

Stay tuned as they say.

--- Some news from the front ---

You liked my animation pack ?

Well, the less i can say is :

Prepare yourself for the next week and maybe sooner â„¢ because believe me : you will drop the version 1.3 in the trashcan and delete it from your hard drive .

Because the version 1.4 i am working on since some days (i can't count the hours actually) has already very vastly superior , less robotics, interpolations and very better body positions.

If you liked version 1.3, you will fall in love with version 1.4 when it will be released wink_o.gif

Stay tuned as they say.

Stop that sweet talk and show some screens, damn you!

That's not nice Sanctuary. ECP has been teasing us for a while, now your going to start tounge_o.gif ?

Your getting too good at this for your own good.

So, let me get this straight...

This new animation pack contains all the anims Sanctuary made earlier in this thread?

Great work btw...

It contains -updated- versions from most of the animations i released there.

The next pack always in the work will be even more -updated-

I left those older animations from this thread available here if someone want to give a look or prefer them, but the reworked animations are only in the actually available one.

This way , if you want to rework those newer versions, they are all in the pack.

Great Animation Pack - 1.3

Give Us Some Screens Mr Sanctuary? - 1.4

biggrin_o.gif

Unfortunately, screenshots will do nothing to show the biggest (and very longer to make) part of v1.4 : the interpolation animations.

Soon it will be, soon smile_o.gif

wow, didn't expect such an update soon, great news sanctuary.

unfortunatly i hav no time at the moment, but during summer i'll try if i can get along with your anim tutorial. but if it is informative and understandable as your anims are great i have no doubt that it'll teach me smile_o.gif

This is excellent news Sanctuary!

I have downloaded your anim pack 1.3 and I will test them tonight (I look forward to this testing) smile_o.gif

Also, great to hear that 1.4 is due soon, I am sure we will be pleasantly surprised by your new interpolations. tounge_o.gif

Zay