Sign in to follow this  
Colossus

UEFA Champions League 2004/05

How'd he get past the russian mafia .. err i mean guards on the grounds tounge_o.gif

NOOO! Why do Scousers keep proving me wrong?!

Just saw this on the scouse board, this is awesome biggrin_o.gif

http://www.koptalk.org/forums....1

hahahahaha biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]NOOO! Why do Scousers keep proving me wrong?!

Because we've been there and done it that many times? wink_o.gif

BULLSH!T , Psv lost and they played magnificently in my opinion , much better then those italian poofs.

The final will now be officially the most crappiest match of the tournament mad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif .

God damn away goal rules.

BULLSH!T , Psv lost and they played magnificently in my opinion , much better then those italian poofs.

The final will now be officially the most crappiest match of the tournament mad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif .

the final last year was much more uninteresting i can even only remember one team: FC Porto and that's only because of Mourinho

The final will now be officially the most crappiest match of the tournament  mad_o.gif  crazy_o.gif .

the final last year was much more uninteresting i can even only remember one team: FC Porto and that's only because of Mourinho

Monaco is the other team you are thinking of. tounge_o.gif

Why is that then? Is it because two big European giants are playing? rock.gif

Who do you actually support Acecombat?

@ May 05 2005,01:04)]
The final will now be officially the most crappiest match of the tournament  mad_o.gif  crazy_o.gif .

Why is that then? Is it because two big European giants are playing?  rock.gif

Who do you actually support Acecombat?

I support Barca actually but they are out and now so are chelsea , i like both these teams (and similiar to them teams like PSV and so forth which play attacking football).

Did you see the barca vs chelsea match ? It was 'THE' best match of the tournament hands down , the intensity , the tense moments the attacking football it was great. They didnt go in to their shells and defend like crazy as some of these italian teams do (and something which liverpool did aswell). I dislike boring teams who produce boring matches and instead of having a mentality of 'lets get some goals' its 'lets sit on our arse and save our goal'. Milan did it today aswell , i mean look at their team filled with good players i would have thought they'd attack and finish off PSV it would have dimmed PSV's morale aswell instead they sat back and let PSV own them only due to luck in the end did they sneak one in and undeservingly go over to play the final.

Liverpool and Milan are also not GIANTS of european football , if they are then they are biggest boring giants of all.

I truelly am happy about Liverpools success. It's so great to see a club that hasn't forgotten it's blue collar roots do so well among all those overpaid primadonnas(like Beckham) who forgot what football was really about. It's one of the few remaining big European teams which doesn't feel like some corporation run by nasty business men.

I have allways seen Liverpool as the spirtual brother/sister to our own team here in Gothenburg (IFK Gothenburg). Not only because Liverpool is our British spiritual sister city smile_o.gif

marcus

acecombat, do you remeber the liverpool v olympiakos (sp) match? that proved that pool can go all out and attack, but using the great tactics of Senior Benitez we win without having to.

tense moments? your telling me the last 10 mins of the pool v chelsea match wasnt tense?

where abouts in spain were you born then?

I truelly am happy about Liverpools success. It's so great to see a club that hasn't forgotten it's blue collar roots do so well among all those overpaid primadonnas(like Beckham) who forgot what football was really about. It's one of the few remaining big European teams which doesn't feel like some corporation run by nasty business men.

I have allways seen Liverpool as the spirtual brother/sister to our own team here in Gothenburg (IFK Gothenburg). Not only because Liverpool is our British spiritual sister city smile_o.gif

marcus

Great post mate. smile_o.gif

Benitez does the best he can with the players he has available, if the strength lies first and foremost with defenders and defensive midfielder types then it's only common sense he builds his tactics and gameplan from there, he's not employed to play pretty football, he's employed to win matches, the key to winning football matches is tactics and gameplan, for those with long enough memories think back to the FA Cup final between Wimbledon and Liverpool.

I'm sure if Benitez had Å200m to spend on players as Chelsea had then Liverpool would have more attacking strength in depth, they didn't so they have limited options, perhaps if Cisse wasn't slowly coming back to fitness from a badly shattered broken leg then he would be starting the games and therefore allowing for a more attacking style of play.

I'm not a Liverpool supporter but I'm pleased to see them in the final, I think they deserve it, maybe not for playing all out attacking football but for working hard, being honest and showing lots of heart, to me that's what football's about smile_o.gif

Liverpool and Milan are also not GIANTS of european football , if they are then they are biggest boring giants of all.

Liverpool FC has won the Champions League 4 times and AC Milan 6 times. Chelsea has never even come close to winning it, and to reach even the semi-finals they need someone to step in and invest over $150.000.000 in new players. Now who are the giants wink_o.gif

(Pre 1992-1993 season it wasn't called Champions League, but just used the term as it sounds better wink_o.gif )

Also AC Milan didn't have luck, when another team stops focusing on the game after 90 minutes, they strike. Not their fault but the fault of their opponents.

Same thing happened with AFC Ajax two years ago in the quarter finals. At home they tied at 1-1 against AC Milan, in San Siro the score was at 2-2 until the last few seconds (2 minutes and 39 seconds in overtime. One time the defence lets it guard down and AC Milan scores 3-2 and goes through to the semi-finals (and wins the Champions League). That's not luck, but just going one step further than your opponent.

The game ain't over until the referee blows his whistle for the last time.

Quote[/b] ]Liverpool FC has won the Champions League 4 times and AC Milan 6 times

And Nottingham Forest 2 times biggrin_o.gif We also knocked Liverpool out in the first round of our first european cup.

Kevbaz: Well actually, im guessing to get an away ticket for that match, they would be sold to season ticket holders first? And Liverpool has a lot of closet 'fans' as well who have never been near Liverpool or anything. And don't say there isn't any because I saw them in the TBI.

But we beat Liverpool and Chelski this season (The only team to do so in the domestic league) muhhahahaha. City for the wafa cup.

And Forest are in what division now? wink_o.gif And City have won what in the last few years? wink_o.gif

I think it's great to see a sleeping giant such as Liverpool back in the spotlight once again, even if we lose I'll still be proud to see my hometown's club slowly getting back to the very top again...

Did you see the barca vs chelsea match ? It was 'THE' best match of the tournament hands down , the intensity , the tense moments the attacking football it was great. They didnt go in to their shells and defend like crazy as some of these italian teams do (and something which liverpool did aswell). I dislike boring teams who produce boring matches and instead of having a mentality of 'lets get some goals' its 'lets sit on our arse and save our goal'. Milan did it today aswell , i mean look at their team filled with good players i would have thought they'd attack and finish off PSV it would have dimmed PSV's morale aswell instead they sat back and let PSV own them only due to luck in the end did they sneak one in and undeservingly go over to play the final.

I agree with what you said, but sadly, AC Milan is a giant of Europe. They are probably the best team in the world at the minute (and this is coming from a Madrid fan  wink_o.gif ).

@ May 05 2005,14:37)]And Forest are in what division now?  wink_o.gif And City have won what in the last few years? wink_o.gif  

I think it's great to see a sleeping giant such as Liverpool back in the spotlight once again, even if we lose I'll still be proud to see my hometown's club slowly getting back to the very top again...

Well Forest don't have any glory-supporting closet muppets, thankfully. biggrin_o.gif We are 100% Garibaldi Red. And city have got Psycho in charge who is a Red as well.

Hopefull can get back upto the top again.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.as...._League

There was a better picture in the paper but the interesting thing is they havent explained how they came up with these pictures (or where the funds came from tounge_o.gif )

If the goal would have been disallowed I am sure that article would have proved that it was in instead... It's just the way things work.

Quote[/b] ]Well Forest don't have any glory-supporting closet muppets, thankfully. biggrin_o.gif

Well that's fairly obvious as they're a bit crap aren't they? tounge_o.gif

@ May 05 2005,22:26)]
Quote[/b] ]Well Forest don't have any glory-supporting closet muppets, thankfully. biggrin_o.gif

Well that's fairly obvious as they're a bit crap aren't they?  tounge_o.gif

Thats why then wink_o.gif But we'll be back next year..................as long as we get promoted. biggrin_o.gif

Best away attendance's in the championship, and we're second bottom. And all home attendances above 20,000. Something i can be proud of.

Hey again guys. I was bored in the last half an hour, so I made this preview graphic for the Champion's League Final:

liverpoolmilanchampsleague0fb.jpg

That's the real stadium where the final's taking place aswell. wink_o.gif

Feedback would be cool I suppose.